Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Erica B Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2010 1:04:26 PM(UTC)
Erica B

Groups: Registered

Hi!! I have an Expression and thinking about getting an Imagine.

I have been reading the reviews on hsn regarding the imagine and after reading them i actually told my husband not to get me an imagine for Christmas.

I also realize that alot of the people giving reviews on hsn have never used a Cricut before so i wanted to check with some experts and see how the Imagine is really working out for people

Thanks for your input!
E
Mo:) Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2010 1:11:31 PM(UTC)
Mo:)

Was thanked: 44 time(s) in 29 post(s)
I am really curious about this too. I hope some people reply. :)
booklover33 Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2010 1:38:00 PM(UTC)
booklover33

United States

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 26 post(s)
I have a Cricut expression which I've used just a couple of times over 2 years (I know, not much--my DH wasn't real happy I got a new one when the old one was hardly used!) I got the CI a week ago and was waiting for it to crash and for me to have problems with it like so many people have stated on the HSN reviews. Nope, it works just fine and I love it! I have had no problems whatsoever and I am NOT very Cricut literate at all. My 15 year old pressed a few buttons the first time out and made some pretty fancy designs from my accent cartride and a new Imagine cartridge. I've done 3 pages with it and I can't wait to go buy more cartridges for it. All three cartridges arrived in great shape from HSN and they loaded just fine for me. Oh yeahBigGrin , the original mat wasn't sticky but I had bought two mats from Michaels before the CI arrived and they work just fine.
moso208 Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2010 1:56:55 PM(UTC)
moso208

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I have the baby bug, Expression, gypsy and bought the Imagine. I haven't had any problems at all with my imagine. It's lots of fun and I wouldn't trade it for anything. Love I will admit I am a little disappointed that it doesn't work with the Gypsy yet, but I know an update is coming. I use my Gypsy all the time so the imagine seems basic and limited compared to what I am used to being able to do. But I think it's a great machine and will only get better when more updates come out.

Shelly
MaryScraps Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2010 3:02:26 PM(UTC)
MaryScraps

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 6895 time(s) in 2802 post(s)
I'm loving my Imagine! I haven't had any issues with it. I have been using it for a month now. I think it is a great product. I can't wait for the updates so it works with the Gypsy.

Regarding the HSN reviews. I think people are more apt to post when they don't like a product. I have read a lot of positive posts on the MB regarding the Imagine. It just seems like the negitive posts tend to resurface and the positive posts get burried. I don't know why that is. Just seems to be the case from my observations.
scrapbookjulie Offline
#6 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2010 3:17:07 PM(UTC)
scrapbookjulie

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
PROS... 1. I think it's super fun and easy to use. 2. The instructional DVD was very helpful. I followed that step-by-step, and I had no trouble setting up my machine. 3. I LOVE how it cuts and how the pieces come off the mat. (It cuts a lot better than my baby bug.) 4. You get a LOT more images on each cartridge than what they show on the box. I wish they had the handbooks online to see what was available on every cartridge. 5. I like the convenience of being able to add patterns to images without having to put the patterned paper on the mat. Along those lines, when I have an image with small pieces in several different colors (such as a Mickey character or a paper doll), I like being able to print them on one sheet of paper rather than switch out all the papers. 6. The Imagine cartridge layered images look really nice when pop dotted to be 3D.

CONS... 1. It's not at all cost effective. If you don't mind spending a little too much for the machine and cartridges and wasting a little too much money on ink, it's a great toy! 2. I don't like that I can't use Design Studio to weld any titles. 3. It's a little loud and a lot slow.

Overall, I'm very happy I bought the Imagine.
LilPuddinTater Offline
#7 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2010 3:26:36 PM(UTC)
LilPuddinTater

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Love I have a an Imagine and I love it! I have never owned a Cricut before because I was intimidated but this is so easy to use right out of the box. I bought mine from HSN and it arrived in perfect shape all the cartridges work great and I have been playing with it everyday. I use the cut only function the most and it is very fast when you only cut! Amazing technology and I am proud to say that I'm the most popular kid on the block now that I have this. =)
The art on the cartridges is awesome and my boys love all the stuff I have made with the JT Art Cartridge..especially the little 3d car.

Edited by user Thursday, October 14, 2010 3:27:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

O2BMe Offline
#8 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2010 3:27:03 PM(UTC)
O2BMe

Was thanked: 68 time(s) in 62 post(s)
Love Love Love I am very glad I got my imagine. i have had trouble calibrating the blade but, I like it alot and can see the potential in doing my craft projects. HTH Debbie :)
OneHuskerGal Offline
#9 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2010 3:49:02 PM(UTC)
OneHuskerGal

I have the original "bug", Create and now the I, and I love my I. I ordered it on release day through HSN, but it was late in the day so I have only had it a week, but had no problems at all with getting it set up, and love the style of art PC has put out for it. The sheet enclosed about which cartridge needed to be installed for updates was different than the printed easy start guide, so I think a few updates were done prior to getting mine. Yes I will have to spend money on ink, but I have been spending a lot of money on pattern paper, and most of the time I do cards and you don't need much so being able to print a mat in the pattern to match everything else on a card is SUPER. I will still keep my Create and cut materials I am not sure about (glitter paper, chipboard etc.) so as not to mess up the I (gave away the original to a friends daughters). I have purchased 7 cartridges this week, can't wait for them to arrive so I can really give the machine a work-out. For anyone interested 6 of the cartridges I got from eBay power seller "proudparents2005" and one from the Imagine facebook page (not connected to PC) and the most I paid for an Art cartridge was $57 (JT to be exact) and the most for a pattern cartridge was $36, they are out there for a fair price, you just have to do a little digging. BigGrin
Scrapbooknut2002 Offline
#10 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2010 4:35:20 PM(UTC)
Scrapbooknut2002

Was thanked: 165 time(s) in 108 post(s)
I love my Imagine. I would say that in some areas it has a slight learning curve, ie. advanced calibrations. But, I actually don't think the price is out of line for what it does. It is a Printer and a cutter. The ink cartridges are right in line with cartridges for what you would pay for a regular HP cartridge for a printer. A 12" or bigger printer would cost at least $400. I have had no problems with my cutting. I love the colors, patterns and cartridges. I won't often make 12x12 pages, but it is good to know that I can when I want to (as soon as the update comes in next week). I love that I can use my old carts with the machine and flood fill them with color. I love that I can put in my own RGB colors. I have every faith that PC will move forward with Gypsy compatability, making this machine the best ever! It is a total keeper in my book!
JensMom Offline
#11 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2010 6:15:24 PM(UTC)
JensMom

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 459 time(s) in 335 post(s)
The first Imagine I received did not work and I was ready to not like the replacement...however, I LOVE the ImagineLove Love . My replacement has worked beautifully from the time I plugged it in and I haven't stopped playing. I just got Imagine More Cards and Kate's Kitchen and will probably be up late tonight playing too. I'd say order from HSN. That way if you don't like it you can send it back....just be prepared for the possibility that you may really like it.
SherrieNelson Offline
#12 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2010 7:58:27 PM(UTC)
SherrieNelson

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Flapper
I have an Expression and love it - I had the Baby Bug and loved it - I now have an Imagine sitting here on my table. Out of the box, it worked - - I did have to calibrate it three times, but blame that on my eyes, not on the machine. My mat wasn't as sticky as I wanted, but running it under hot water in the shower took care of THAT!

I have had it a little over a week - - I can't see that it can do anything that my E can't do - - as far as the ink, I think it is going to be reasonable. The cartridges are in line with what the others run - and I have quite a few regular cartridges - I also have a Gypsy and I am not utilizing it to the most possible - but thought that it would be easier with the Imagine.

I change my mind a lot when I am making cards, and believe that the Imagine would make me stop and think more than my Expression does!

All things considered, I think that the Imagine is a good machine - but isn't for everyone! I like to buy paper, because I like to match it and tear this or that - - I just am not an organized designer, so think that the Imagine just isn't the machine for me!

Don't get me wrong it is a lovely machine, and I may have to repurchase it at a later date - - when the bugs are all out and the price comes down - but - - at this point - I believe I am sending it back to HSN!!

I know there are many many people that think I am a fool for returning it, but I have to be comfortable with my decision - that is why it is sitting here and not already back in the box!
Charmante Offline
#13 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2010 8:24:11 PM(UTC)
Charmante

Was thanked: 55 time(s) in 29 post(s)
I LOVE mine, I use it much more then the E which is weird.
rhondah* Online
#14 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2010 9:19:49 PM(UTC)
rhondah*

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 15390 time(s) in 9022 post(s)
Having a super time with my I. So glad I decided to get one.
KauaiMelody Offline
#15 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2010 9:55:17 PM(UTC)
KauaiMelody

Was thanked: 2165 time(s) in 1014 post(s)
[Love ] Hello everyone. My Imagine is working perfectly. It cuts exactly, mat goes in, sticky wonderful, cartridges work well, and it is not too noisey. I believe Provocraft will work with you if you get a lemon and the hardest thing is having to wait. I ordered from HSN, and was back ordered, and know the frustration of not being able to play when you would like to. I think the machine is amazing for what it can do, and am sorry that people were disappointed when it didn't do all that the launch seemed to suggest. That aside, there is so much it can do. There will be updates and the support on this forum is priceless. Also, the more you explore it, the more you learn, and it becomes so enjoyable and relaxing if you get through boot camp.\\
Erica B wrote:
Hi!! I have an Expression and thinking about getting an Imagine.

I have been reading the reviews on hsn regarding the imagine and after reading them i actually told my husband not to get me an imagine for Christmas.

I also realize that alot of the people giving reviews on hsn have never used a Cricut before so i wanted to check with some experts and see how the Imagine is really working out for people

Thanks for your input!
E

iheartmycricut Offline
#16 Posted : Friday, October 15, 2010 1:30:00 AM(UTC)
iheartmycricut

I have the E, the I and the Gypsy <lol> as well as a few other PC products, I adore them all. I do everything except scrapbook <why? I don't have an answer yet>Blushing . In my opinion PC is actually doing really well with responding to any issue regarding the I and its accessories. I will admit though as soon as we are able to wield and stretch or pull images i will be a happier camper. In the meantime its great for me. I haven't ran out of ink yet. The cutting after printing is fabulous (may have to recalibrate if its picked up/moved). I've printed on non white pages, magnets & sticker paper which has opened new avenues of creativity within its self alone. ENJOY!!ThumpUp
Nolu Offline
#17 Posted : Friday, October 15, 2010 9:01:56 AM(UTC)
Nolu

United States

Was thanked: 436 time(s) in 371 post(s)
I love the Imagine. I got it at launch and it arrived with no problems.
It cuts better than the Create and the E I have and it is much faster.
I still love the Create and E, but I think the I was a nice addition to all my toys.
I also expect that eventually the I will be the greatest when they start giving us all the updates.
MargaretHood Offline
#18 Posted : Friday, October 15, 2010 10:40:47 AM(UTC)
MargaretHood

I have had the expression for almost a year and have used it ALOT! I love it. I now have the imagine. It took a little getting used to but I LOVE IT the most now! It is so worth getting!! Don't let yourself miss out because some have had some problems.
LuvMyCricut Offline
#19 Posted : Friday, October 15, 2010 12:13:02 PM(UTC)
LuvMyCricut

Was thanked: 464 time(s) in 199 post(s)
I have an Expression, Cricut Cake, Gypsy, Cuttlebug and now the Imagine. I use all of them for different projects and wouldn't give any of them up.

My Imagine worked right out of the box with no issues or problem. I have it almost a month now and couldn't be happier with it except it doesn't work with my Gypsy yet. I think I am saving money by using the Imagine because I don't need to buy all the color and patterned paper I was buying before with my E. I used my Imagine exclusively this past month doing a project a night and printed and cut every project and I have not made a dent in my ink cartridges yet. I love the ability of using my original carts with the added feature of the pattern carts.

All in all my Imagine has exceeded my expectations and I am thrilled I decided to buy it.
OneCraftyCat Offline
#20 Posted : Friday, October 15, 2010 1:29:40 PM(UTC)
OneCraftyCat

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 26 post(s)
I have the baby bug, the expression, a gypsy and I bought the Imagine during the HSN launch. I have had no problems with it and love it and am very glad I bought it. As I've said before, my only problem is getting time to use it. It's a great machine that will only get better with the updates and gypsy.

Now I'm hoping to find good deals on more Imagine cartridges.
Sarah L. Offline
#21 Posted : Friday, October 15, 2010 1:40:44 PM(UTC)
Sarah L.

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I have the expression, gypsy, Design Studio, LOTS of over 90 cartridges and the cuttlebug, plus about 80 embossing folders. I thought long and hard about getting the Imagine and if both my kids weren't in Collage probably would of gotten it the day it was on HSN Todays Special, but didn't because from what I have read they have no plans to allow Design Studio to work with it and I do all my work on Design Studio. I hardly use my gypsy because just don't feel its user friendly or least I can't use it easily, plus don't like the small screen, but had to have it!! I also like all the types of papers out there which I get when its 50 % off at Hobby lobby, plus really don't like the thought of the high cost of ink. I have an HP printer already and spend a lot on ink just for my kids collage studies and my own use of it. If they ever up grade it so you can use design studio with it then I will probably get it but not before. Sarah
LindaDavis1 Offline
#22 Posted : Friday, October 15, 2010 6:32:41 PM(UTC)
LindaDavis1

Was thanked: 51 time(s) in 40 post(s)
OK......I have and love all of my toys. I have the original Cricut Personal Cutter and was very excited about CDS which I bought then I bought the Expressions and then the Create at a really good sale price. Finally got the Gypsy still learning how to use it and got, yep, I bought the Imagine when HSN showcased it. I'm so weak, lol. To be honest, I have not been this intimidated by anything since I bought my very first computer back in the day. So.......I sit and stare at it, smile....turn it on then off again and turn to my E. I will use it, I know I will and thankfully I had no problems when I took it out of the box. It calibrated and did the calibration cuts without a problem. I did print and cut a tag from the Nursery cart and did it in layers. Have to start somewhere right? Next I am going to try Lacy Lables and color and cut some of those since that is a layered cartridge. Girl.....go ahead and get your Imagine and CREATE beautiful things!
Demention Offline
#23 Posted : Friday, October 15, 2010 8:13:57 PM(UTC)
Demention

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 18 post(s)
I'm probably going to repeat what a lot of others have said.. I have the E and the CI and I love them both.. I can't wait for more functionality to be brought to the CI.. I haven't had the problems that a lot of people have been having with updating. Mine updated in less then 5 minutes and has worked like a charm since.

The CI is a big mama.. Thus I am keeping my E and will probably use that for my projects that I am not doing a lot of printing with.
ReenyBug Offline
#24 Posted : Saturday, October 16, 2010 3:35:13 AM(UTC)
ReenyBug

Was thanked: 369 time(s) in 215 post(s)
My crafting time is limited so I find that the ease of use with the I is helping me create more with the little time I do have. I have made over a dozen cards in the short time I've owned it which is more than I've made in the past year. For me, the ease is in being able to select all the colors and patterns and print on one piece of cardstock.
Sleigh Offline
#25 Posted : Saturday, October 16, 2010 6:09:57 AM(UTC)
Sleigh

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 57 post(s)
I am not as impressed as I wanted to be. I have had an Expression for years, use it tons, and love it. After setting up the Imagine, (with no problem at all) I am not as happy with it as I want to be. Unfornately, I have not be able to pin point why. I think part of it is I miss the bright, vibrant colors that card stock offers. Though it prints well, the colors are pale in comparison. I went so far to call Michaels last night and talked to the manager about returning it and he was not happy at all. He asked if it was working correctly and when I said "yes" he was not happy with the fact that the ink and cartridges would already have been opened. He eventually said he would honor it as all as I have my receipt. My DH tells me to just keep it and dabble with it some more. I just worry for th price if I wouldn't prefer a second Expression.
evrosado Offline
#26 Posted : Saturday, October 16, 2010 6:07:39 PM(UTC)
evrosado

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Love my Imagine. I've had the baby bug which I sold when I purchased my expression. Sold the Expression when I got the Imagine. The Imagine worked fine out of the box. As far as the HSN reviews, they have to be taken with a grain of salt. There are people that can't find a kind word to say about anything!!LOL Some people probably don't know about this message board and are technology challenged, some just weren't happy cause they couldn't figure it out. Then there are those that are doing happy dances around their Imagine. Don't regret my purchase one bit!!
The Busy Bug Offline
#27 Posted : Saturday, October 16, 2010 11:08:25 PM(UTC)
The Busy Bug

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 11 post(s)
I have the Expression and the Gypsy & I just got the Imagine from HSN and love it except for one thing.....the MAT. It won't keep the stickiness!!!! I get o upset when I go to cut my project and the mat starts to move all over the place. Hope Provo Craft fixes the mats!!Mad

Bug Hugs!

Edited by user Saturday, October 16, 2010 11:09:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

SherrieNelson Offline
#28 Posted : Sunday, October 17, 2010 7:13:23 AM(UTC)
SherrieNelson

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Take your mat to your bathroom - - run very warm - not hot - water over it in the shower - - I was having the same problem, used the baby wipe (non-alcohol) but it didn't work as well as the warm water.

Make sure you dry it - air dry it before you put paper on it!
 1 user thanked SherrieNelson for this useful post.
The Busy Bug on 10/17/2010(UTC)
Karenowc Offline
#29 Posted : Sunday, October 17, 2010 9:45:52 AM(UTC)
Karenowc

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I'm dissapointed to hear it doesn't work with the Gypsy. I just watched the launch last night on tape and Jinger said it would work with the G but not DS.
The Busy Bug Offline
#30 Posted : Sunday, October 17, 2010 12:07:15 PM(UTC)
The Busy Bug

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Been there, done that with the water and baby wipes. The mats are just terrible!!