Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

debSparks Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 27, 2010 8:40:14 AM(UTC)
debSparks

Groups: Registered

This is the first time I have tried to cut anything using the gypsy connected to my expression. I synced my gypsy and have several cartridges on my gypsy. I created a design, plugged it in to my expression, updated my expression. I thought everything was good to go, but when I tried to cut out my image, I got a window that said it could not cut, that I didn't have the rights to one of the images. What does that mean and how do I fix it. please helpBored
scrapnfan Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 27, 2010 9:16:00 AM(UTC)
scrapnfan

Was thanked: 252 time(s) in 216 post(s)
Don't know but I'll bump up for you.

1 user thanked scrapnfan for this useful post.
debSparks on 10/27/2010(UTC)
~tallulah~ Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 27, 2010 12:16:32 PM(UTC)
~tallulah~

Was thanked: 343 time(s) in 247 post(s)
it usually means that something on the design is on a cart that isn't linked to your g. all the carts you use in a design must be inked in order to cut the design.
 1 user thanked ~tallulah~ for this useful post.
Mercy Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 27, 2010 1:12:06 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Was thanked: 2082 time(s) in 1202 post(s)
debSparks wrote:
This is the first time I have tried to cut anything using the gypsy connected to my expression. I synced my gypsy and have several cartridges on my gypsy. I created a design, plugged it in to my expression, updated my expression. I thought everything was good to go, but when I tried to cut out my image, I got a window that said it could not cut, that I didn't have the rights to one of the images. What does that mean and how do I fix it. please helpBored

What is the build of your g which can be found by clicking the wrench on the welcome screen and the build is in the lower left, 202/204?

What is the firmware on your cricut which can be found by upon turning it on, it will flash quickly on the screen?

Go into the cart library, tap the drop down box at the top of the library, click cartridges in use and tell us if you see the names of the carts in black or red?
 1 user thanked Mercy for this useful post.
Mercy Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 27, 2010 1:13:28 PM(UTC)
Mercy

~talulah~ wrote:
it usually means that something on the design is on a cart that isn't linked to your g. all the carts you use in a design must be inked in order to cut the design.

Sorry, I did not see your reply! lol I guess I had the window opened too long before I replied! lol
~tallulah~ Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, October 27, 2010 2:30:12 PM(UTC)
~tallulah~

mercy wrote:
Sorry, I did not see your reply! lol I guess I had the window opened too long before I replied! lol

i should just wait and make sure you aren't going to answer! your answers are always more thorough and knowledgable than mine! Wink
Mercy Offline
#7 Posted : Wednesday, October 27, 2010 2:34:37 PM(UTC)
Mercy

~talulah~ wrote:
i should just wait and make sure you aren't going to answer! your answers are always more thorough and knowledgable than mine! Wink

Nooooooooooooooooooo, do not wait! Girl, if you know the answer, then answer it! We said the same thing but in different ways. Good job! Keep up the good work! Oh, I am a talker as I am sure you can tell so that is why posts are so long or thorough! LOL
debSparks Offline
#8 Posted : Wednesday, October 27, 2010 8:53:01 PM(UTC)
debSparks

Talulah, thanks for helping, I really appreciate it.

Mercy, Thanks for all your help too, to answer your questions, or maybe I should say, to try to answer your questions:

Yes, the build of my g is 202/204
I think the firmware on my cricut is V2.34
Copyright (C) 2006
(at least that is what flashed on my screen when I turned it on)
And the color of all my carts that I have downloaded is red.

So, can you help me fix my problem? Obviously, I don't really know much about the gypsy. Blushing

I really appreciate it. Thanks for the quick help.
I just now got back to check on this. Tomorrow will be super busy at work and after work getting ready at my church for the annual 'Harvest Hoedown'. So I probably won't get to check back until late tomorrow evening, but I really appreciate all your help.
BigGrin

Mercy Offline
#9 Posted : Wednesday, October 27, 2010 9:43:42 PM(UTC)
Mercy

debSparks wrote:
Talulah, thanks for helping, I really appreciate it.

Mercy, Thanks for all your help too, to answer your questions, or maybe I should say, to try to answer your questions:

Yes, the build of my g is 202/204
I think the firmware on my cricut is V2.34
Copyright (C) 2006
(at least that is what flashed on my screen when I turned it on)
And the color of all my carts that I have downloaded is red.

So, can you help me fix my problem? Obviously, I don't really know much about the gypsy. Blushing

I really appreciate it. Thanks for the quick help.
I just now got back to check on this. Tomorrow will be super busy at work and after work getting ready at my church for the annual 'Harvest Hoedown'. So I probably won't get to check back until late tomorrow evening, but I really appreciate all your help.
BigGrin

You're welcome! Good everything is up to date and you are registered as you stated. As Talulah stated, the carts that are in your design, the carts for those designs must be linked to your g. Each g comes with a library of carts, they can be used to design with but not to cut with unless you physically link each of those carts used in your design to the g. When linking the carts, it pretty much is unlocking that cart so you can cut with it. When the name of the carts are in red, it means to link the cart. When the carts names are in black, it means that you do not need to link the cart because it already is linked. If you need us, let us know. Click the below link as the thread is full of tips.

http://www.cricut.com/me...x?m=5600870&mpage=18
~tallulah~ Offline
#10 Posted : Thursday, October 28, 2010 11:36:34 AM(UTC)
~tallulah~

and i'll add that i have had to link a couple of my carts twice. i know i linked them but when i went to cut it said the same thing as yours. i looked at my linked carts and they weren't there. so i linked them again and it took.

so either i just thought i linked them or the linking process didn't *take* the first time.

for whatever reason the screen you are getting and the fact that the carts are listed in red and not black does mean you don't have the carts linked.

did you link the carts? i know dumb question but sometimes it's the thing that has to be addressed. lol
debSparks Offline
#11 Posted : Wednesday, November 03, 2010 3:23:11 AM(UTC)
debSparks

Ok, so now the really dumb question and the proof that I am VERY new to the gypsy:

Just because I downloaded the cartridges on my computer by connecting my gypsy to my PC, does not mean I have linked all the cartridges that are on the updates, right? To be able to cut, not just design, anything I design, I still need to purchase the cartridges I want to use and link them to my gypsy.

So the updates of new cartridges that cricut generously gives us is for design purposes only and to cut I still need to purchase the cartridges, right? Kinda like trying on clothes before you buy!

Am I understanding this right, or am I just totally ignorant about the gypsy?

thanks, deb Huh