Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

clockwatcher Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, November 05, 2010 7:21:40 PM(UTC)
clockwatcher

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 3 post(s)
In the process of trying to figure out this new update, my gypsy froze and now won't turn off. I did poke the button in back to reset, but it gets stuck in the gypsy loading setting and wont connect with my computer and then will only turn off if I reset it in back. Does anyone know what I should do now?
NancyKamrowski Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, November 05, 2010 7:26:09 PM(UTC)
NancyKamrowski

Was thanked: 189 time(s) in 91 post(s)
I had to poke the hole in the back of mine too when I was trying to update because it froze and I couldn't turn it off. For some reason with the update my content got lost..I think..because I couldn't get it to go to the carts. So I had to reformat and re update. Everything is great now. I just have to relink my carts..maybe this weekend.
clockwatcher Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, November 05, 2010 7:29:10 PM(UTC)
clockwatcher

I tried to reformat, but the computer won't recognize the gypsy now. Is there something I should do.
Doxieluv01 Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, November 05, 2010 7:29:23 PM(UTC)
Doxieluv01

Was thanked: 2263 time(s) in 1789 post(s)
unscrew the top of your gypsy stylus (the part with the hole in it) stick the little needle in the tiny hole in the back of the gypsy
clockwatcher Offline
#5 Posted : Friday, November 05, 2010 7:31:15 PM(UTC)
clockwatcher

Thank you for that suggestion, but I have already reset to get it to turn off. When I turn it back on it says gypsy loading and gets stuck there.
NancyKamrowski Offline
#6 Posted : Friday, November 05, 2010 7:31:39 PM(UTC)
NancyKamrowski

Make sure your Windows Firewall allows the Cricut Sync program through. I went to Security in the control panel and added the Cricut Sync as an allowed program.
MamasScrappin Offline
#7 Posted : Friday, November 05, 2010 7:32:00 PM(UTC)
MamasScrappin

Was thanked: 694 time(s) in 631 post(s)
I had to reset mine with the stylus a couple of times also when I did the update as mine too wouldn't shut off. It works great now though. I haven't tried to cut anything from the new carts but hopefully will get a chance to this weekend.
NancyKamrowski Offline
#8 Posted : Friday, November 05, 2010 7:35:06 PM(UTC)
NancyKamrowski

If your Gypsy get stuck even loading up, I almost think it has to be opened in Safe Mode again and reformated. You may want to contact PC first though incase they have an easier solution.
MargaretMiles Offline
#9 Posted : Friday, November 05, 2010 7:42:46 PM(UTC)
MargaretMiles

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I'm having the exact same issue!!! How do you start the gypsy in safe mode. Cricut Sync is not reading my gypsy anymore either.
NancyKamrowski Offline
#10 Posted : Friday, November 05, 2010 8:24:41 PM(UTC)
NancyKamrowski

Here is where I went to reformat. I printed this post out so I could keep the directions...just in case!

Open up your Cricut Sync. go to Help..then Gypsy Troubleshoot. follow the directions in this post to get you to the directions for safe mode and reformating.

http://community.provocr...shoot-for-new-users.aspx
clockwatcher Offline
#11 Posted : Friday, November 05, 2010 8:24:51 PM(UTC)
clockwatcher

Thank you, I changed my firewall settings and will try to reformat.
NancyKamrowski Offline
#12 Posted : Friday, November 05, 2010 8:29:16 PM(UTC)
NancyKamrowski

You are welcome. It is a long process, so unless you plan to stay up late, you may want to start tomorrow...
clockwatcher Offline
#13 Posted : Friday, November 05, 2010 8:47:49 PM(UTC)
clockwatcher

I reformatting, and it has been sitting on the "send upload firmware" it has 2 steps and it hasn't done anything for 10 minutes. Is this normal or frozen?
Mercy Offline
#14 Posted : Friday, November 05, 2010 8:59:32 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Was thanked: 2082 time(s) in 1202 post(s)
Which troubleshooter are you doing? Did you say, yes, no, no, no?
clockwatcher Offline
#15 Posted : Saturday, November 06, 2010 6:44:26 AM(UTC)
clockwatcher

yes, I am totally reformatting.
clockwatcher Offline
#16 Posted : Saturday, November 06, 2010 8:14:56 AM(UTC)
clockwatcher

YEAH!!!! I finally got my gypsy to reformat, and I got the new update too. And it only took 4 days of trying. I'm just so glad that I didn't fry my gypsy in all of this syncing and re syncing. Thank you all for all of your help and suggestions.BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin
MargaretMiles Offline
#17 Posted : Saturday, November 06, 2010 9:54:08 AM(UTC)
MargaretMiles

clockwatcher wrote:
YEAH!!!! I finally got my gypsy to reformat, and I got the new update too. And it only took 4 days of trying. I'm just so glad that I didn't fry my gypsy in all of this syncing and re syncing. Thank you all for all of your help and suggestions.BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin

Well, I think I fried mine. Question,after you had to get out of the reformatting, how did you get back in? Regular Gypsy screen or blue screen?
TheBugBytes Offline
#18 Posted : Saturday, November 06, 2010 10:31:24 AM(UTC)
TheBugBytes

Was thanked: 1539 time(s) in 876 post(s)
If it asks you to calibrate the screen do so . You should be able to get back the 3 icon screen after that.
See if G connects and you can always troubleshoot again in case the previous process was interuupted

Edited by user Saturday, November 06, 2010 10:32:05 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MargaretMiles Offline
#19 Posted : Saturday, November 06, 2010 1:07:42 PM(UTC)
MargaretMiles

TheBugBytes wrote:
If it asks you to calibrate the screen do so . You should be able to get back the 3 icon screen after that.
See if G connects and you can always troubleshoot again in case the previous process was interuupted

Hey BB,

Mercy was trying to help me eaaaarrrrllllyyyy this morning. I don't get any crosshairs or anything on the blue screen to recalibrate. In addition, if I turn the g on with just the power button, the word Gypsy comes up and then .....loading comes up underneath and just stays there.

My computer(Windows 7 and with Trend[all steps followed to unblock]) d-dinks when the g is turned on, but cricut sync still gives me the neverending green candy cane!
clockwatcher Offline
#20 Posted : Saturday, November 06, 2010 3:05:50 PM(UTC)
clockwatcher

My gypsy did the same thing. It said "gypsy, loading" and wouldn't turn off without using the reset button in back. The computer could "see" the device but not connect to it. What I ended up doing was, I opened up cricut sync without having the gypsy connected. It would tell me it was not connected and there was a help option at the top that allowed me to get into trouble shoot. I then got the gypsy to the blue screen,"safe mode" and then plugged it in and ran the trouble shoot, answering yes, no ,no, no and then yes to reformat. through the process it will shut down your gypsy and ask you to turn it back on. Just turn on the bule light on button after the process starts. You do not have to go into safe mode after you start. One of the steps in the process is to recalabrate you screen. once you do this you will get the 3 icon start menu.

A couple of things to try if you have difficulty, which I did, is to make sure that your windows firewall accepts cricut sync. You may have to add it to the exceptions page. Also, when I plugged in my gypsy I got a pop-up that said this device could work better if I reboot. So I rebooted with the gypsy plugged in and with it on and that seemed to get the gypsy communicating better.

I hope you get your problem solved without having to sit on hold for hours or sending the gypsy back.

I felt so sick and thought I had killed my gypsy, but this morning I gave the reformat another try and I got it up and working and it included all the linked freebies. I did not have to resync after the format, it all worked great. Now I have to relink my carts and I backed up my files so I hope you have the same success.

Crossing my fingers for you.
 1 user thanked clockwatcher for this useful post.
MargaretMiles on 11/6/2010(UTC)
MargaretMiles Offline
#21 Posted : Saturday, November 06, 2010 3:27:24 PM(UTC)
MargaretMiles

clockwatcher wrote:
My gypsy did the same thing. It said "gypsy, loading" and wouldn't turn off without using the reset button in back. The computer could "see" the device but not connect to it. What I ended up doing was, I opened up cricut sync without having the gypsy connected. It would tell me it was not connected and there was a help option at the top that allowed me to get into trouble shoot. I then got the gypsy to the blue screen,"safe mode" and then plugged it in and ran the trouble shoot, answering yes, no ,no, no and then yes to reformat. through the process it will shut down your gypsy and ask you to turn it back on. Just turn on the bule light on button after the process starts. You do not have to go into safe mode after you start. One of the steps in the process is to recalabrate you screen. once you do this you will get the 3 icon start menu.

A couple of things to try if you have difficulty, which I did, is to make sure that your windows firewall accepts cricut sync. You may have to add it to the exceptions page. Also, when I plugged in my gypsy I got a pop-up that said this device could work better if I reboot. So I rebooted with the gypsy plugged in and with it on and that seemed to get the gypsy communicating better.

I hope you get your problem solved without having to sit on hold for hours or sending the gypsy back.

I felt so sick and thought I had killed my gypsy, but this morning I gave the reformat another try and I got it up and working and it included all the linked freebies. I did not have to resync after the format, it all worked great. Now I have to relink my carts and I backed up my files so I hope you have the same success.

Crossing my fingers for you.

Thank you so much. My problem now is that cs is going over and over connecting to device. I'm going to print out what you just wrote and see what happens. If not, I'll be on the phone with PC on Monday. Which by the way, I cannot believe with this need for customer service right now, they didn't extend their hours til this weekend.