Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

APMom Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 17, 2010 11:41:53 AM(UTC)
APMom

Groups: Registered

Expression is on firmware updated to 2.34. Gypsy sync'd yesterday after I got it. It will load mat and start to cut but then stop and unload the mat. I've tried cutting it with a cart and it works fine but just not with gypsy. Please don't tell me to update it as it's been updated correctly and the gypsy also tells me that it's compatible with cricut firmware. It's really upsetting me sitting here for the last hour and half trying to get it sorted, has this been a wasted purchase??

Just adding that the cricut is cutting fine with just the carts but not is doing the same thing with the trial mode of CDS as it is with the gypsy. At this stage I want to fling it out the window but it's rather expensive to do that.

Edited by user Wednesday, November 17, 2010 12:18:54 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Mercy Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 17, 2010 1:46:47 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Was thanked: 2082 time(s) in 1202 post(s)
What is your build which can be found by clicking the wrench on the Welcome Screen and the two part build is in the lower left, perhaps 206/206?

What cart are you using? If it is George, what image are you using?

How did you update your cricut, with the g or CDS?

Is the adapter lying flat on the table or is it hanging off the table?

Is the g connected to an electrical outlet?
APMom Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 17, 2010 2:22:55 PM(UTC)
APMom

Hi, it's version 1.4, build 206.206.

The cart was Gypsy Wanderings but I also tried Plantain Schoolbook.

The adapter is on the table and G has been used both with and without connection to electricity.

Updated Cricut on CDS, I had updated it the other day but did it again this evening in case there was another upgrade. The cricut is updated to 2.34.

Pleeeease help me. Crying
Linda.

I've just tried it yet again and it has cut a file I saved earlier using Blackletter (one of the free downloads) and I've tried it with another new one using Blackletter and it started and then stopped again. It's sooo frustrating. Gypsy tells me Communication with Cricut lost.

Edited by user Wednesday, November 17, 2010 2:38:55 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Mercy Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 17, 2010 3:03:48 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Usually when you get a communication error, it means that not enough power is getting to the device. The port could be messed up. You can try setting the Cricut to the factory settings and then try re-updating. Let us know the outcome.

"The following is a method to force a re-install of the Cricut Firmware using the Gypsy:

The timing of the following steps is very important. It might take more than one try to get this to work.

Forced Re-install of Cricut Firmware

1) Connect the Gypsy to your Cricut.

2) Plug the AC power into your Gypsy.

3) Power on the Gyspy.

4) Select the Cricut Application.

5) Plug the AC power into your Cricut

6) Hold down the STOP button on the Cricut and push the POWER button. Continue to hold the STOP button until the Cricut beeps one time.

7) Click Udate your Cricut on the Gypsy.

a) Your Cricut will restart.
b) The Gypsy will display a screen allowing you to select the Cricut you are going to update.

8) Power off your Cricut.

9) Hold Down the STOP button on the Cricut and push the power Button. Continue to hold the STOP button until the Cricut beeps one time.

10) On The Gypsy, select the Cricut version you want to update.

a) The Cricut will restart.

11) As soon as the Cricut restarts power off the Cricut, hold down STOP, push the power button on the Cricut and do not release the STOP button until the Cricut beeps one time.

a) The Cricut will restart.

12) Follow the prompts on the Gypsy to finish the update.

NOTE: This has only been tested on a Cricut Expression. It should work on both a V1 Original Personal Cutter and Create. If it doesn't please let me know and I will look into getting new steps for those machines."

APMom Offline
#5 Posted : Friday, November 19, 2010 2:58:57 AM(UTC)
APMom

At last I've found a few minutes to do this and the gypsy tells me that the cricut expression doesn't need updating, it's compatible with the gypsy. Any more ideas please? I've tried cutting again and it starts but then switches off the expression and then on again.

Edited by user Friday, November 19, 2010 3:09:24 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Mercy Offline
#6 Posted : Friday, November 19, 2010 2:21:46 PM(UTC)
Mercy

After you set the E back to factory settings, the E should be version I think 2.31 which is not compatible with build 206. Perhaps the reset did not take so call pc and let us know the outcome.
APMom Offline
#7 Posted : Saturday, November 20, 2010 6:40:37 AM(UTC)
APMom

I can't call PC as I'm in Ireland and it would cost me a fortune going by others comments how long they're on the phone line for. I've emailed them and they told me to phone them too. I'm so unhappy about this, from what I can see so many people are having problems with their gypsy.
Mercy Offline
#8 Posted : Saturday, November 20, 2010 3:52:30 PM(UTC)
Mercy

I am so sorry as I did not notice that you were out of the country.

After you reset the Cricut to the factory settings, was the version on the cricut still 2.34? If it was, then the reset did not take. Try it again and let us know the outcome.

Edited by user Monday, November 22, 2010 1:09:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

APMom Offline
#9 Posted : Sunday, November 21, 2010 2:11:30 AM(UTC)
APMom

I will try this today again, yesterday I tried using gypsy again and it kept doing the same thing, I also tried my trial version of CDS and it did the same and then after trying all this I was cutting with just my carts and my cricut kept switching off and then on again and i had to redo everything again, this happened at least 5 times. I hadn't used it all over summer and it worked perfectly before though I hadn't tried it with CDS, I had just downloaded it to practice. I see someone on the CDS tech Q&A is having the exact same problems as me, not that that helps me but it does make me wonder if there is an issue with the USB connector on the cricut.
Momlady Offline
#10 Posted : Sunday, November 21, 2010 1:22:18 PM(UTC)
Momlady

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Confused Having a similar problem...try this. We were having the problem only when our Gypsy layout contained layers. When we went down to one layer it cut just fine. It cut fine with a cartridge in the expression and it was fine through DS also. We unfortunately didn't try a multi-layer DS cut. Angry Was your issue when you had a multi-layer project on the Gypsy or just one layer?
APMom Offline
#11 Posted : Tuesday, November 23, 2010 3:09:59 PM(UTC)
APMom

Momlady, no it's just one layer. I only just got the gypsy so haven't tried any difficult yet. I'm trying to locate someone in my city who has a cricut who'll let me try and cut on their machine to see if it's the gypsy or my expression at fault but it's difficult as we don't have a huge scrapbook network here and the machines are so expensive not many buy them. Thanks.
Doxieluv01 Offline
#12 Posted : Tuesday, November 23, 2010 5:27:38 PM(UTC)
Doxieluv01

Was thanked: 2263 time(s) in 1789 post(s)
APMom wrote:
Momlady, no it's just one layer. I only just got the gypsy so haven't tried any difficult yet. I'm trying to locate someone in my city who has a cricut who'll let me try and cut on their machine to see if it's the gypsy or my expression at fault but it's difficult as we don't have a huge scrapbook network here and the machines are so expensive not many buy them. Thanks.

try resetting your cricut first .... here are the instructions

http://www.cricut.com/me...eboard/tm.aspx?m=5497017