Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Serina's Altered Life Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 28, 2010 7:04:17 PM(UTC)
Serina's Altered Life

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 20 post(s)
I have a new Cricut Expression and Gypsy (a few weeks old). Both are completely updated to the newest version of software. I haven't experienced any issues until today. 3 times while cutting a layout on my Gypsy today, they lose connection. The Expression will go back to the home screen (Insert Cart, attach Gypsy or DS), then the gypsy will pop up and say that the connection is lost and if this continues to happen, check to see if it needs updated (it doesn't).

Anyone have any additional ideas? I have powered down the Gypsy and Expression numerous times already, checked all cables (I use all the original cables that came with the Gypsy and Expression). Unplugged each other, etc. Getting extremely frustratedCrying !

TYIA,
Serina
Doxieluv01 Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 28, 2010 7:10:00 PM(UTC)
Doxieluv01

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2262 time(s) in 1788 post(s)
is it happening while it's cutting or when you go to cut?

is your gypsy plugged into the power outlet while cutting?

is the cable from the gypsy to the cricut laying flat on the cutting surface?
#3 Posted : Sunday, November 28, 2010 9:21:16 PM(UTC)
Serina's Altered Life

It is happening when the Gypsy is cutting. The power supply is flat, and so is the USB cable. Everything starts to cut fine, then the E will go back to the home screen and a few seconds later the Gypsy says it has lost connection, blah blah blah. I tried researching on here for every post, to see if this was answered, but couldn't really get an answer.

My Gypsy is plugged in to the Power Outlet, and I also have a full battery...

Thanks,
Serina
Mercy Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, November 28, 2010 10:46:34 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Was thanked: 2082 time(s) in 1202 post(s)
Serina wrote:
It is happening when the Gypsy is cutting. The power supply is flat, and so is the USB cable. Everything starts to cut fine, then the E will go back to the home screen and a few seconds later the Gypsy says it has lost connection, blah blah blah. I tried researching on here for every post, to see if this was answered, but couldn't really get an answer.

My Gypsy is plugged in to the Power Outlet, and I also have a full battery...

Thanks,
Serina

We know you said that you are up to date but please give us your build and your cricut firmware version. Also, give us the cart that you are using. Are you able to cut without the Cricut with just a cart? Were you trying to cut multiple layers/pages? I think tech support emailed me the resolution so I will look for the email and post it in the troubleshooter guide. If your answers check out, I think you have to troubleshoot it but I will check to be sure.

Edited by user Sunday, November 28, 2010 10:57:00 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#5 Posted : Monday, November 29, 2010 1:22:48 PM(UTC)
Serina's Altered Life

mercy wrote:
We know you said that you are up to date but please give us your build and your cricut firmware version. Also, give us the cart that you are using. Are you able to cut without the Cricut with just a cart? Were you trying to cut multiple layers/pages? I think tech support emailed me the resolution so I will look for the email and post it in the troubleshooter guide. If your answers check out, I think you have to troubleshoot it but I will check to be sure.

Mercy,

I am on 1.4 (0206:0207). Cricut is the latest, (I think like 2.34? Not sure, at work, but I double checked it last night and was correct).

I have never used the Carts to cut, except right before I got my Gypsy. I have DS, but didn't like it. I can try it with using a Cart, though.
The carts I had loaded to cut from Gypsy were: Accent Essentials, Cricut Sampler, Pagoda, and Plantin Schoolbook. I didn't have any layers, etc. I have 2 butterflies and 4 flowers, though. A couple of pieces were a bit intricate.

I have my Gypsy with me at work, but otherwise will not be home until evening to troubleshoot the Cricut... I did do one thing I have never done today, I transfered files to DS to see if I could get the hang of using it, but was too spoiled by the Gypsy (Did not want to get my carts out) and transfered the files back to the Gypsy and finished the design and then cut. My first project worked, but the last one (above) kept stopping while cutting. Could the transfer do something to either the Gypsy or Cricut?

Thanks,
Serina
Mercy Offline
#6 Posted : Monday, November 29, 2010 2:54:04 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Did you design the file, transferred it to DS, transferred it back to the G and then tried to cut it? Or did you try to cut it prior to transferring it? While in DS, did you change anything in the file? Can you recreate the file prior to troubleshooting it and try to cut it to see if that makes a difference. Sometimes a corrupt file can also make the cricut throw a fit.
#7 Posted : Monday, November 29, 2010 4:26:54 PM(UTC)
Serina's Altered Life

I originally designed the file in the Gypsy,transferred to DS and edited, then transferred back to the Gypsy, edited the file again and then cut. I am going to try another file that I just create fresh and see if that will cut alright.

Thanks Mercy, will update as soon as possible....

Serina
Mercy Offline
#8 Posted : Monday, November 29, 2010 4:34:58 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Serina wrote:
I originally designed the file in the Gypsy,transferred to DS and edited, then transferred back to the Gypsy, edited the file again and then cut. I am going to try another file that I just create fresh and see if that will cut alright.

Thanks Mercy, will update as soon as possible....

Serina

You're welcome as that may be your problem. The skewing, flipping and turning of images do not transfer from DS to the G. Yes, let us know if your new file cut.
#9 Posted : Monday, November 29, 2010 8:34:01 PM(UTC)
Serina's Altered Life

mercy wrote:
You're welcome as that may be your problem. The skewing, flipping and turning of images do not transfer from DS to the G. Yes, let us know if your new file cut.

Mercy,

I designed a new file in the Gypsy tonight, and it once again got about half way through and then the Cricut stopped. I popped a single cart in and it printed fine, but it seems if I design something (or use the USB?) that it just quits around 1/3 to half way through....

Serina
Doxieluv01 Offline
#10 Posted : Monday, November 29, 2010 9:02:14 PM(UTC)
Doxieluv01

Was thanked: 2262 time(s) in 1788 post(s)
Serina wrote:
Mercy,

I designed a new file in the Gypsy tonight, and it once again got about half way through and then the Cricut stopped. I popped a single cart in and it printed fine, but it seems if I design something (or use the USB?) that it just quits around 1/3 to half way through....

Serina

is any portion of your design out of the cutting mat?
Mercy Offline
#11 Posted : Monday, November 29, 2010 9:04:53 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Doxieluv01 wrote:
is any portion of your design out of the cutting mat?

It should cut with having an image off the mat.
Mercy Offline
#12 Posted : Monday, November 29, 2010 9:06:24 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Serina wrote:
Mercy,

Serina

You will have to troubleshoot it. Let us know the outcome.

Section 15

http://community.provocr...LLING-PC.aspx#post435672
#13 Posted : Tuesday, November 30, 2010 11:29:41 AM(UTC)
Serina's Altered Life

I followed all of the instructions, but still does the same things... :o( This is so bad, I was so excited, I had just gotten into the designing and such. I am still wondering if it is a Cricut issue or a Gypsy issue. On another forum, a lady was having the exact same problem, except she used DS, not a Gypsy. This leads me to believe that it is possibly a faulty USB port...

:o( Crying
Mercy Offline
#14 Posted : Tuesday, November 30, 2010 7:54:03 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Did you update the Cricut with the g or cds? When you connect the g or the cricut to the computer, does the computer recognize either machine? If the computer recognizes the machines then the ports and cable may be okay. If not then one or the other is the problem. You can also try resetting the cricut to factory settings and try to update it via cds. You can also contact pc and if you do let us know the outcome.
charlenemchugh Offline
#15 Posted : Wednesday, December 01, 2010 6:22:01 PM(UTC)
charlenemchugh

I'm having the exact same problem! Just got my gypsy last week. So excited to design and couldn't wait to cut out my designs. I update gypsy no problem with Cricutsync and update my Cricut expression with my gypsy and it is reading 2.34.
When I cut it recognizes it first and stops midway through cutting. I then cannot get it to recognize that it is connected to the gypsy for a while after. If I try right away it tells me I need to be connected to the cricut before I can cut but I am connected. I hope we can find a solution to this problem. I don't have DS so I am not transferring anything and I have not done anything other than basic designs.

Edited by user Wednesday, December 01, 2010 6:23:42 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Mercy Offline
#16 Posted : Wednesday, December 01, 2010 7:15:18 PM(UTC)
Mercy

charlenemchugh wrote:
I'm having the exact same problem! Just got my gypsy last week. So excited to design and couldn't wait to cut out my designs. I update gypsy no problem with Cricutsync and update my Cricut expression with my gypsy and it is reading 2.34.
When I cut it recognizes it first and stops midway through cutting. I then cannot get it to recognize that it is connected to the gypsy for a while after. If I try right away it tells me I need to be connected to the cricut before I can cut but I am connected. I hope we can find a solution to this problem. I don't have DS so I am not transferring anything and I have not done anything other than basic designs.

What is the build on your g perhaps 206/207?

Did you try resetting the cricut to factory settings, downloaded the trial version of CDS and tried to update the cricut with the trial version of cds?

Are you using the George cart?

Is the cable laying flat of is hanging down?

Are any of the ports loose?

TheBugBytes Offline
#17 Posted : Wednesday, December 01, 2010 9:18:16 PM(UTC)
TheBugBytes

Was thanked: 1539 time(s) in 876 post(s)
is the cable that connects the G to cricut in the way of the mat? Is it getting pushed?
If it stops in the middle without lost communication message it might be thinking!!
But if it gets the message then check for loose contact in the cable, or mat in the way of the cable
If it is none of the above then the G might need reformatting - ie troubleshoot - hardware option. Warning then you have to relink all cartridges again! If even that does not fix it call PC CS
charlenemchugh Offline
#18 Posted : Thursday, December 02, 2010 11:02:55 AM(UTC)
charlenemchugh

The build on my gypsy is 206/207. I did not try to reset the Cricut to factory settings (how would I do this) I do not have the Cricut Design Studio so my cricut was updated with the gypsy. Should I try to reset the Cricut with DS. The cable is laying flat and they gypsy is plugged into the wall. Sometime when I lose connection, it will tell me to turn of the Cricut and try again (which never works) and sometimes it tells me that I must connect gypsy to cricut in order to cut like it was never connected.
When I plus the cable into the Cricut it does appear to be loose. I first thought it might be the cable but now I am not so sure as it seems as if I turn everything off for awhile (at least 1/2 hour) and connect again it will recognize the cricut again. I also find that if you have too much on one mat, it will always stop in the middle of cutting - by too much I mean maybe more than five or six things to cut at the one time. Has anyone else found this?

The computer will recognize the gypsy when connected. I have not tried with the Cricut.

Also if I reset my gypsy, will I still get the five free cartridges?

Thank you so much for your help. It means so much that you would take the time to help us out.
charlenemchugh Offline
#19 Posted : Thursday, December 02, 2010 11:05:31 AM(UTC)
charlenemchugh

The build on my gypsy is 206/207. I did not try to reset the Cricut to factory settings (how would I do this) I do not have the Cricut Design Studio so my cricut was updated with the gypsy. Should I try to reset the Cricut with DS. The cable is laying flat and they gypsy is plugged into the wall. Sometime when I lose connection, it will tell me to turn of the Cricut and try again (which never works) and sometimes it tells me that I must connect gypsy to cricut in order to cut like it was never connected.
When I plus the cable into the Cricut it does appear to be loose. I first thought it might be the cable but now I am not so sure as it seems as if I turn everything off for awhile (at least 1/2 hour) and connect again it will recognize the cricut again. I also find that if you have too much on one mat, it will always stop in the middle of cutting - by too much I mean maybe more than five or six things to cut at the one time. Has anyone else found this?

The computer will recognize the gypsy when connected. I have not tried with the Cricut.

Also if I reset my gypsy, will I still get the five free cartridges?

Thank you so much for your help. It means so much that you would take the time to help us out.
#20 Posted : Thursday, December 02, 2010 11:46:56 AM(UTC)
Serina's Altered Life

Charlene,

I have discovered the same thing! I did a few simple cuts (made some tags) from my Gypsy and it was fine. I put another sheet on that was fuller and had flowers, so it was more intricate and it stopped.... Seems almost in direct relation to how much the machine has to cut. :o(

My cords are flat, reset the Cricut, did the Gypsy, and still.... same thing....

So not a happy camper right now!

PS- Yes, you still get the free carts when you connect it and update. It is tied to your SN and registration.

Serina