Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

dscrapper Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, January 10, 2011 4:40:08 PM(UTC)
dscrapper

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 42 time(s) in 25 post(s)
I know that a few people have had some questions recently about reformatting the Gypsy. I'm here to share my experience with you!

I've had my G for over a year now and have NOT had any other problems with it. I was having problems with Car Decals cartridge and getting sent back to the welcome screen when I clicked on it in the cartridge list.

After several failed attempts at running troubleshooter through Cricut Sync, I resolved that my only option was to reformat. I looked at several posts from fellow mb members (mercy, talulah, and Doxieluv01 just to name a few) I realized that this was the only way to fix my issues. I had problems with my computer going onto stand-by during one of the updates and issues with the Sync program freezing up during others or downloading the updates, but not successfully installing them onto my G.

I started from scratch! I restarted my computer, closed out every program that was running and opened Cricut Sync back up. I was so nervous when I looked at the version and it said 1.4 206:001!!!!!!!
It took A REALLY LONG TIME TO COMPLETELY INSTALL EVERYTHING!!! There were several times that I thought it had frozen up again, but I was patient and it eventually did everything it needed to. I would say that it took approximately 1 1/2 hrs to completely update and install everything. Remember it was starting from scratch. (The cartridge library/information took about and hour by itself). I am happy to say that everything seems to be in working order. I haven't tried to cut anything, but I reloaded all my files and cartridges onto successfully.

*I originally started the process in the Cricut Sync troubleshooting and when it said that I needed to restore it, I clicked yes. However, when it got down to the updates, the last file never loaded and I had to exit out of the program. That's when I restarted my computer and opened up Cricut Sync and it told me that I had updates for my device. That is when it updated the cartridge library.
*It did load all the free carts-including Smiley Cards-which I qualified for.
*It only took me about 20 minutes to load all 50 of my cartridges back on there. I did have a couple instances in which I had to restart the sync process for a couple of cartridges but other than that no problems.

I hope this helps anyone who has to do this. If you do, I'm really sorry, but just be patient and plan to spend some time letting it update.

I have Windows XP and have AVG antivirus on my computer in case the "techy" people are wandering.

Here is a very helpful thread about troubleshooting issues and how to fix them:
http://community.provocr...IPS-FOR-CALLING-PC.aspx
joyfullycrafting Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 11, 2011 3:35:11 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Was thanked: 1518 time(s) in 1210 post(s)
This is just the post I was looking for. I am tryng to to this whole process, but it has been going for about 2 1/2 hours. I think it is time to start over. All to link Car Decals. I think my frustration is showing. It is silly to have to go through all of this just to link a cart. OK. Done venting.
dscrapper Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 11, 2011 4:50:51 PM(UTC)
dscrapper

Was thanked: 42 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Vent all you want! I know....mine was for car decals also!!! Isn't that crazy. I will warn you. I don't know if you have George or not, but I had to try and link that about 20 times, not joking, before it finally linked! Just a heads up if you do!!!