Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Mylene Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 26, 2011 6:33:21 PM(UTC)
Mylene

Groups: Registered

Can someone please direct me to where I can find information on how to link my Gypsy to the Expression 2? I've looked through the Cricut website and various blogs and still don't see how to link the cartridges to my expression without the cartridge. Thanks

Mylene
mylenew at gmail dot com
Jaybee Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 26, 2011 6:52:28 PM(UTC)
Jaybee

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 13 post(s)
I would like to know this also.Thanks
Mercy Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, November 26, 2011 7:29:20 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Was thanked: 2082 time(s) in 1202 post(s)
At this writing, we cannot cut the E2 carts using our G. PC is working on an update and we were not given a date of release.
RobynCotterill Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, December 31, 2011 12:26:05 AM(UTC)
RobynCotterill

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Gotta be kidding...I just bought a new gypsy as my old one could not be repaired, had it sent to USA to have all my carts put on (serial number changed to old one) and now I cannot use it yet...serious???????
Doxieluv01 Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, December 31, 2011 10:02:28 AM(UTC)
Doxieluv01

Was thanked: 2263 time(s) in 1789 post(s)
Originally Posted by: RobynCotterill Go to Quoted Post
Gotta be kidding...I just bought a new gypsy as my old one could not be repaired, had it sent to USA to have all my carts put on (serial number changed to old one) and now I cannot use it yet...serious???????

no you can use it with the E2 you can't link the preloaded cartridges from the E2 to the gypsy
love2bug Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, January 03, 2012 8:17:32 PM(UTC)
love2bug

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 11 post(s)
The E2 preloaded cartridges are on the gypsy. You can only cut from them when you're conected to the E2 though. The gypsy does allow you to work on the cartridges and once you're ready to cut just connect it to your E2. I was able to work on some cards on my gypsy then once I was ready to cut it allowed me to do so. I hope this helps. You will find the E2 preloaded cartridges under "All cartridges" on the gypsy and they will appear in red as all unlinked cartridges do.x
 1 user thanked love2bug for this useful post.
FionaWallace on 1/8/2012(UTC)
OhCecilia Offline
#7 Posted : Monday, January 23, 2012 1:23:34 AM(UTC)
OhCecilia

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Originally Posted by: love2bug Go to Quoted Post
The E2 preloaded cartridges are on the gypsy. You can only cut from them when you're conected to the E2 though. The gypsy does allow you to work on the cartridges and once you're ready to cut just connect it to your E2. I was able to work on some cards on my gypsy then once I was ready to cut it allowed me to do so. I hope this helps. You will find the E2 preloaded cartridges under "All cartridges" on the gypsy and they will appear in red as all unlinked cartridges do.x

Can you tell me what version you are on your G and do I need to do anything with my E2? I'm not able to cut using Cricut Essentials and Alphabet on my G. It gives me a message saying that these carts are not loaded on my G. TIA.
TristaKort Offline
#8 Posted : Monday, January 23, 2012 5:58:44 PM(UTC)
TristaKort

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: love2bug Go to Quoted Post

So you were able to design on your gypsy with the E2 preloads and cut from your gypsy using your E2???? I would love to know how you did this because I have been trying to do this and have spoken to Cricut Customer Service and have been told on numerous occasions(as recent as friday) that this is not an option available to gypsy users yet. The only way to use the E2 preloads is to cut directly from the machine and you can cut gypsy designed cuts.