Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

kkramer68a8a0afb8 Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2011 1:17:45 PM(UTC)
kkramer68a8a0afb8

Groups: Registered

Hi everyone. I finally bit the bullet and signed up for an account on here, lol. Yesterday I purchased a new cricut machine, an expression (I have the original) and was wondering if anyone could give me the basic/major differences between the original and the expression and also the imagine. I am hoping I didn't jump too quickly in buying the expression,l but to be honest, the imagine was a bit intimidating to me after reading just a bit about it. It seemed to require a whole lot of stuff to make it operable on all levels and the comments I read stated that people were just twisted over the fact that it is anything but user friendly. They says everything takes so much longer to do (manually adjusting everything) and the reviews just were not very good at all. Any thoughts are much appreciated and I am sure you will be getting LOTS of questions from me on the use of this new toy. Cool
Sheree Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, December 09, 2011 2:55:12 AM(UTC)
Sheree

Was thanked: 86 time(s) in 69 post(s)
I absolutely love my expression...it's easy to use and it is able to cut up to the 23 3/4" which is great...you did not jump into anything to quick...great decision...I have had mine since 2007 and still love it...enjoy...Sheree (Downunder)BigGrin
CherylfromOz Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, December 09, 2011 7:44:36 PM(UTC)
CherylfromOz

Australia

Was thanked: 250 time(s) in 155 post(s)
I started with the original bug, quickly updated to the expression, I have no interest in the imagine nor the E2, I had a friend buy me a backup Expression on BF, I am very happy with what I have
EvyPixley Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, December 23, 2011 6:48:00 PM(UTC)
EvyPixley

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Expression for me! And no DS or Gypsy or any upgtades. I do have THREE jukeboxes..which makes it really really fun . I wish instead of all the hokey new machines PC would come out with an affordable line of craft room furniture and storage.
Sheree Offline
#5 Posted : Friday, December 23, 2011 8:20:29 PM(UTC)
Sheree

Was thanked: 86 time(s) in 69 post(s)
I could not agree more Evy...I do however have DS and love it but wish they would keep it up to date...

I recently bought 4 jukeboxes and love them I have to agree so easy to use...just need another 2 to make the two stacks...:-)

I would love some furniture as well but here in Australia it would cost a fortune and to send it from the US would make it just
as expensive...but a great idea...

Have a very merry xmas...Sheree (Downunder)BigGrin
southgirltexas Offline
#6 Posted : Sunday, December 25, 2011 9:51:29 AM(UTC)
southgirltexas

Was thanked: 569 time(s) in 341 post(s)
I wish they would make a viable storage idea for carts...I have seen them all and they still leave "organization" out of it. I want a box that has room for the book and the cart beside it, with a lid that will take off and handles for carring. Oh and a cart that will roll for your cutting machines and a holder for your G.
Platinum~Diva Offline
#7 Posted : Sunday, December 25, 2011 1:08:55 PM(UTC)
Platinum~Diva

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I just received the Expression as a Christmas gift (bought the original Cricut nearly four years ago), and I am so loving it right now!!! I only used it for a few minutes, just to test it out; and all I can say is I am estatic right now!

I knew that a few minutes after seeing the Imagine, I didn't want it; mainly because of the fact that it uses ink cartridges as well, and those can be fairly expensive. I feel that there is enough decorative papers available to create stunning works of art. BigGrin