Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

sandandsurf Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, January 09, 2012 8:23:11 PM(UTC)
sandandsurf

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 26 post(s)
Which one is most flexible? Dont know which one to buy. I think this Big Shot Sizzix is cute with the purse handle can you use different brands of folders. Ladies, tell me which one is the best deal on price of the machine with coupons ( I have a Michaels, Joanns, and Hobby Lobby all 45 min. away so which one also has the cheapest folders?
Flo Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 14, 2012 1:39:02 AM(UTC)
Flo

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Canada

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 32 post(s)
Hi I have both the BS -big shot and the CB cuttlebug. the BS is a heavier machine and more sturdy but the CB folds up and doesn't take up much room. The CB folding up means I can keep it in my bottom crafting draw and it is easy to get in and out. The Big shot takes up room on the bench for storage unless you can hang it like I do. I love both machines the BS has a slightly wider opening by 1/4 inch and the BS plates are longer by 7/8th inch. The CB sometimes comes with a C plate for cutting thin dies but if it only comes with 1 A and 2 B plates you can't cut the thin dies like the nestabilities untill you have a C plate. Both machines you can purchase long plates for but the BS also has available a crease pad which is awesome if you are using dies that have crease marks that you want creased but not cut. If you want to learn how to use the CB go to StampTV and check out Gina K's videos on her blog and on you tube she has heaps of stuff using the CB. With the folders you just need to work out which ones you want most will go through both machines. the cutting dies the thick 1/2 inch ones take the place of the A plate in the CB and the white plate in the BS and you just need to work out with the thickness of your paper or cardstock which plates you need for the CB for the BS you just need the 2 clear plates that come with it.
Your choice should be based on price and room for where you are going to store and use it. As I said I have both and use the CB for quick things but use the BS for projects where I am cutting a lot of things or using the crease pad when using the fatter dies. Folders are available at heaps of places in store and also on line. Folders fit both machines. HTH's
CynthiaDavis7 Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 22, 2012 8:23:43 PM(UTC)
CynthiaDavis7

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I've got the big shot, & love it!!! Haven't ever heard of hanging it, would love to know how that is doneConfused
EydieGellins Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 24, 2012 8:23:15 AM(UTC)
EydieGellins

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I'm also trying to decide between the two. I have a Sizzix Texture Boutique and it is great but sometimes I want to emboss things bigger than an A2 size. I want something mostly for embossing not cutting (at this time anyway). So I guess my question is which will emboss the biggest sizes? I have seen one site that claims they both do the same size and then another one that says the Big Shot will emboss bigger sizes than the Cuttlebug.
Thanks for any advice!

Eydie
sandandsurf Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 24, 2012 10:36:07 AM(UTC)
sandandsurf

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 26 post(s)
Here is what I did when I was going for size. I went to a store that carrried all brands (Michaels and Hobby Lobby) and took the biggest die cut or embossing folder I could find on the shelf and held it up to the opening in all 2-3 of the machines to see which one fit. What I found out that was between the Big Shot, Big Kick and Cuttlebug there was only about a 1/2 or so difference. But try it for yourself
CanadaJanice Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, January 24, 2012 10:40:27 AM(UTC)
CanadaJanice

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 66 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CynthiaDavis7 Go to Quoted Post
I've got the big shot, & love it!!! Haven't ever heard of hanging it, would love to know how that is doneConfused

I'd love to know this too!