Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

pineviewthoroughbreds0ba2be55 Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 15, 2012 9:07:31 AM(UTC)
pineviewthoroughbreds0ba2be55

Groups: Registered

i was under the impression we can upload our own images like the silloutte cameo machine, I uplkoaded the circutsync and it will not work, this oly recogonizes the expression 2 anniversary. i only purchased the expression 2. can we creat our own images or upload through the online craftersw room? I am not too happy if I cannot use some of my own creations Huh
Doxieluv01 Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 15, 2012 9:10:29 AM(UTC)
Doxieluv01

Was thanked: 2263 time(s) in 1789 post(s)
no you can't. The cricut is a cartridge based system and you can only cut from designs on the cartridges or manipulating designs on cartridges.
Kut-n-Print Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 15, 2012 1:08:01 PM(UTC)
Kut-n-Print

Was thanked: 904 time(s) in 437 post(s)
Nope, sorry, the E2 is limited to Cricut carts (physical and now some digital). There is a trick to help you design your own files from existing images, but it isn't anything like the autotrace that all the other cutters now have.
http://cleversomeday.wor...011/05/19/tracing-trick/
ladyaide1256fce40c Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, January 16, 2012 6:00:11 PM(UTC)
ladyaide1256fce40c

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
PC has never hidden the fact that you can only cut with the cartridges. I actually like the system as I am not clever enough to come up with my own designs so for me the Cricut works well. I love CCR and have used it a whole lot since I got the E2 at Michael's on Thanksgiving. I am sorry though that for some people the CCR is not working for them. I had thought that I wanted to get the Imagine but after reading about the trouble people are having I will stick with the E2 for the time being.
 1 user thanked ladyaide1256fce40c for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 1/16/2012(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, January 16, 2012 6:46:15 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 8160 time(s) in 4783 post(s)
Originally Posted by: pineviewthoroughbreds0ba2be55 Go to Quoted Post
i was under the impression we can upload our own images like the silloutte cameo machine, I uplkoaded the circutsync and it will not work, this oly recogonizes the expression 2 anniversary. i only purchased the expression 2. can we creat our own images or upload through the online craftersw room? I am not too happy if I cannot use some of my own creations Huh

I wondered where you got that impression? I have never read anything to lead us to believe we could upload our own images to any of PCs products.

CCR is a FREE program we can all use to semi-create our own designs with any/all cartridges we own. However, all the designs are derived from PCs images that we buy on their cartridges to use on their machines. We can TWEAK these images by making the designs slimmer/longer/rotating and welding/grouping our rotated designs of their images, etc. The information I received with both machines I own explicitly state we cannot use other software on their machines. You can read about CCR on the cricut.com home page.

Images can be IMPORTED/EXPORTED from/with any machines you own that are all PC's products (that import/export is used on). Not from other products.

If you're not so happy with your E2, perhaps you can call PC (if it's under warranty) and tell them how you feel. I have a feeling they would work something out with you--to either refund your money (if it's fairly new and is not damaged in any way) or offer you some other option. It might be worth a try. There's no sens in being unhappy about something you misunderstood if they will help you out with your purchase.

Good luck.

Char

Edited by user Monday, January 16, 2012 6:48:03 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

scrapalette Offline
#6 Posted : Monday, January 16, 2012 8:33:00 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19105 time(s) in 8536 post(s)
Lots of people are getting the impression or thinking they can use 3rd party software with a Cricut because there are a lot of Cricut owners that had a 3rd party software that would work {and their copy still works with) a Cricut and they are continuing to create and post on their blogs and such and they never mention that the 3rd party software they are using is no longer sold with the Cricut compatibility.

It would be nice if those bloggers would have some sort of disclaimer on their blog.

Edited by user Tuesday, January 17, 2012 5:22:54 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sure Crafts Alot Offline
#7 Posted : Thursday, January 19, 2012 9:40:32 AM(UTC)
Sure Crafts Alot

United States

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Originally Posted by: scrapalette Go to Quoted Post
Lots of people are getting the impression or thinking they can use 3rd party software with a Cricut because there are a lot of Cricut owners that had a 3rd party software that would work {and their copy still works with) a Cricut and they are continuing to create and post on their blogs and such and they never mention that the 3rd party software they are using is no longer sold with the Cricut compatibility.

It would be nice if those bloggers would have some sort of disclaimer on their blog.

So, any inside scoop on when PC will add this import feature to their software? It's obvious that it would be a great sell for PC. Imagine, my own images along with the canned images from PC and all the hundreds of fonts available on my Windows computer to cut. PC would make a fortune...

The E2 I have is a super cutting machine, could not ask for any better, even the competition. I love the touch screen that no-one else has. Craft Room even though lacking a lot of features to make it an real editing tool and not just a modification interface, works quite well for what it is. Once PC gets the computer interface to cutter bugs worked out, it will be less of a headache to everyone. If they were to cut loose on the image and font import restrictions, add some more useful editing functions and have an offline option for CCR, PC could stay as successful a company as they have been in the past. Even with as nice a cutter that my E2 is, I'm still considering a competitors system. For what I save in no further cartridge purchases I could easily purchase a different cutter and pay .99 cent for images that actually download to my computer.

Just my opinion and thoughts....

Edited by user Thursday, January 19, 2012 9:46:00 AM(UTC)  | Reason: spelling

scrapalette Offline
#8 Posted : Thursday, January 19, 2012 8:30:57 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19105 time(s) in 8536 post(s)
Personally, I don't think PC will ever have the import your own images option. But no one at PC has told me one way or the other.

I'm curious to see what new things are announced at CHA.