Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

eviemaddoxb6650714 Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 11, 2012 6:16:16 PM(UTC)
eviemaddoxb6650714

Groups: Registered
United States

I really want to use to my Cricut Expression to make monogram decals for my family & friends, and also be able to do other things with vinyl. I would like to use the Vine Solid Monogram font that has become so popular these days. I found a website, www.fontbros.com, that I can buy the font from. But from there I'm stuck. Can I even do that? Is there a way to get that specific font onto my Cricut? Or is there another way I don't know about? Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you!
unregistered Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 11, 2012 6:24:31 PM(UTC)
unregistered

Was thanked: 171 time(s) in 125 post(s)
Nope - you can't use any true type fonts or monogram files on your Cricut - you can only use those that come on the Cricut cartridges. You would need a different brand of machine such as a Silhouette or other brand of machine to cut true type fonts and monograms with.

Someone might be able to point you to the right Cricut cartridge that could do what you want though - using the Cricut Craft Room to design it with.

FYI - there is a free font that is very similar to the Vine monogram --- it is called Monogram KK, I use it A LOT!
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 11, 2012 8:09:02 PM(UTC)
eviemaddoxb6650714

United States

I checked it out! The kk monogram font looks great! So now my question is, how do I get that font to my Cricut?
scrapalette Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 11, 2012 9:46:50 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19152 time(s) in 8566 post(s)
You cannot use non-Cricut fonts with a Cricut {unless you have an old 3rd party software program}. The Cricut is a cart based cutter, meaning all the images/letters you cut need to come from Cricut carts.

If you want a quick reference to what the Cricut fonts look like, go to Narelle's blog and get her Cricut Font Reference Guide. She has a sample of every Cricut font and the cart you would need to buy to use that font.

http://myfaqcricutds.blo...ts-list-updated-for.html
unregistered Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, April 12, 2012 5:56:37 AM(UTC)
unregistered

Sorry I wasn't clear on the Monogram KK font - you could use it for printing things though, or on a different brand cutter.

#6 Posted : Thursday, April 12, 2012 6:07:41 AM(UTC)
eviemaddoxb6650714

United States

Would you happen to know what brand cutters?
#7 Posted : Thursday, April 12, 2012 6:31:45 AM(UTC)
eviemaddoxb6650714

United States

Do you know which brand cutter will use kk monogram?
unregistered Offline
#8 Posted : Thursday, April 12, 2012 6:34:24 AM(UTC)
unregistered

One thought on the monogram and vinyl... if you are really wanting to use the Vines or Monogram KK...

You could print the monogram onto printable vinyl - then use the center cut function and cut a fancy frame around the monogram. That might look really nice!

I have never used the Cricut brand Imagine printable vinyl - I use printable vinyl that I get from Expressions Vinyl. The Imagine Vinyl is cheaper - but I am not 100% that it is water fast... the vinyl I get from Expressions Vinyl is immediately water fast. You use it with your regular ink jet printer. I did print something in yellow, and it did fade after being outdoors for a few months. They do make a clear laminate to go over the top, but I have not tried that.

Evie - generally, recommending specific brands other than Cricut is not allowed here, since it is a Provo Craft board - but you could send me a PM.