Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

lsc75786a10b08 Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, April 13, 2012 10:04:13 PM(UTC)
lsc75786a10b08

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hello,
I just purchased a new E2. I am having two issues with operation. The first is the mat does not seem to be loading properly because it is not moving evenly through the rollers. My machine is also making a noise the sounds like the cutting tool is stuck (sounds like gears slipping). Has anyone else experienced these issues? I an brand new to Cricut so I think it is operator error.

I would appreciate any feedback.
blessedmomma1b48f7462 Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, April 14, 2012 3:48:01 AM(UTC)
blessedmomma1b48f7462

I don't know if I'm happy or even more frusterated that I am not alone in this problem!
I bought a new Cricut Expressions 2 yesterday and am having the SAME EXACT PROBLEM!!! Here's the thing, I'm not a new cricut user, I have a expression and never had this issue so I'm getting worried!! Can anyone out there help the two of us? The roller on the left side is pulling the mat in, but doesn't appear to be doing this on the rt side so it's going in crooked....HELPBored
Godot's Girl Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, April 14, 2012 3:54:43 AM(UTC)
Godot's Girl

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States
Location: Too far from the farm! MQ pg.13, #387; Circle MQ pg. 4, #98

Was thanked: 3042 time(s) in 1831 post(s)
This may seem like a silly question, but I did no do it the first time I inserted my mat, so going to ask it....Do you have the mat slipped under the quids on the left and right of the machine, forward of the rollers?

As for noise, many of us have experienced it. The E2 is loud....mine has made that gear slipping or chain dragging noise once. I turned the machine off, and let her rest over night. The next morning, she was fine. Usually the noise is comparible to your dishwasher running or your washer/dryer. You know they are on, but are not that bothered by it. Certainly if your machine continues to make the gear slipping noise, I would send it back....first call PC CS, and talk to them. HTH
 1 user thanked Godot's Girl for this useful post.
lsc75786a10b08 on 4/18/2012(UTC)
blessedmomma1b48f7462 Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, April 15, 2012 2:53:13 AM(UTC)
blessedmomma1b48f7462

Yep, my mat was pushed all the way in, ready to go...I hit load mat and it pulls it in on the left side but does not on the right so it immediately goes crooked....I have an older original Expr. and NEVER have had this happen :-(
I'm going to try it again this morning and if it still does it, I'm just going to take it back to Michaels and exchange it- I just bought it there 3 days ago-
I just wanted to complete a project on my new E2, how frustrating to have a brand new machine and can't even use it...lol
Narelle Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, April 15, 2012 4:08:52 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7911 time(s) in 3709 post(s)
Originally Posted by: blessedmomma1b48f7462 Go to Quoted Post
Yep, my mat was pushed all the way in, ready to go...I hit load mat and it pulls it in on the left side but does not on the right so it immediately goes crooked....I have an older original Expr. and NEVER have had this happen :-(
I'm going to try it again this morning and if it still does it, I'm just going to take it back to Michaels and exchange it- I just bought it there 3 days ago-
I just wanted to complete a project on my new E2, how frustrating to have a brand new machine and can't even use it...lol

If you're definitely placing your mat under the two mat guides and it's not working then I agree you should take it back to Michaels for an exchange.

(The E2 has a different mat loading set up to the original Expression, but I'm sure you've noticed that.)

Good luck!

Edited by user Wednesday, April 18, 2012 9:00:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

lsc75786a10b08 Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, April 18, 2012 8:47:37 PM(UTC)
lsc75786a10b08

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I wanted to thank you both for your input. I tried the E2 again (ensuring I had the mat pushed as far as it could go) and....eureka! It worked with no noise and perfectly straight!

All smiles nowBigGrin
 1 user thanked lsc75786a10b08 for this useful post.
Narelle on 4/18/2012(UTC)