Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

CheekyMonkey Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 26, 2012 8:49:38 AM(UTC)
CheekyMonkey

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Please can someone help Im going spare Angry I was just trying to print a couple of images from my Buccaneer cart but they are coming out blue instead of black aaaaargh!

I did prior to this try to use my Disney Pixar Cart but it said I needed to update machine but it wasnt plugged in so I turned it off and back on again - would this have affected the black issue?

It was printing ok before this and I have no idea why its not now. I have checked the inks to make sure they havent run out and black is showing as ok .. I have done the clean head process but still getting blue ..

does anyone have any idea why its not printing black Huh
joyfullycrafting Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, May 26, 2012 9:03:44 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Was thanked: 1488 time(s) in 1185 post(s)
I will keep my eye on this post. My black was also printing blue. BUT, I did several test prints or whatever they are called, and I could tell that my black was cominng back to life. I think mine was just clogged a bit.

Edited to say that my DH and I are coming to visit your beautiful country next month! I so very excited!!! Our first trip to Europe and the UK.

Edited by user Saturday, May 26, 2012 9:05:24 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CheekyMonkey Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, May 27, 2012 2:02:27 AM(UTC)
CheekyMonkey

Im at a total loss now .. I have just spent the last four hours trying to sort this and it still is printing blue/grey ..

I have cleaned the ink heads and done the ink test .. on the ink test there are two squares and a line in middle and they are black .. not intense but they are black .. so tried a cut and its still blue ..

I then updated the machine .. fine .. still blue .. then I did total system restore and thats all gone fine and guess what .. its still printing blue aaaaaaaaaaaaargh ..

Does anyone have any idea why its doing this .. the only thing I havent done as yet is to replace the ink cartridge but the levels are saying its fine Crying
CheekyMonkey Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, May 27, 2012 2:04:53 AM(UTC)
CheekyMonkey

Originally Posted by: joyfullycrafting Go to Quoted Post
I will keep my eye on this post. My black was also printing blue. BUT, I did several test prints or whatever they are called, and I could tell that my black was cominng back to life. I think mine was just clogged a bit.

Edited to say that my DH and I are coming to visit your beautiful country next month! I so very excited!!! Our first trip to Europe and the UK.

Have a great trip! The weather here on the south coast is really quite lovely .. its been really hot now (unusual for here) for some time so fingers crossed its still warm and sunny when you arrive BigGrin
Scraplady2001 Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, May 27, 2012 11:19:06 AM(UTC)
Scraplady2001

Was thanked: 44 time(s) in 39 post(s)
This may sound silly but not sure what you meant by test prints. I was having the same problem and thought that I had run out of ink. So what I did was clean the print heads option. (Same spot where you check ink levels) Mine started to print perfect again after that. I hope this helps.

Amy
Khrista Offline
#6 Posted : Sunday, May 27, 2012 8:13:01 PM(UTC)
Khrista

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 2510 time(s) in 1398 post(s)
Blue ink usually isn't due to needing a system restore, just so you don't do one again :) If you cleaned the heads a couple of times, then it is very possible you have a bad ink cartridge. It happens. If you have another one, put it in and see if you get the same thing. If so, then I'd call PC and let them know all you've done including a system restore. If it fixes it, then obviously a bad cart and if it was relatively new could try calling PC. If you get the same thing with a new one, keep both the ink cartridges. I pulled the ink each time I returned an Imagine and put it into the new one when I got it. Just flip it upside down (least that's what I did as I was afraid it'd get ink everywhere :) )

HTH
:)Khrista
CheekyMonkey Offline
#7 Posted : Sunday, May 27, 2012 11:29:47 PM(UTC)
CheekyMonkey

the thing is before I had to put my imagine away as we were moving my craft room, the black was working fine and now for some reason it isnt lol

I have tried 3 different imagine carts and the blacks dont work .. I have cleaned the print heads 3 times and I have calibrated the ink heads 3 times .. when you do the calibration where it prints out the lines and blocks it does come out black, although not very dark, but it is black and this is why I dont understand the blue/grey on an image.

I did the system restore in desperation to try and get my machine working as had layouts planned, but that still didnt work.

I am going to order a black ink today and try that. The store have emailed to say they have forwarded my query onto provocraft support so hopefully they will come back with an answer soon.

Edited by user Sunday, May 27, 2012 11:30:59 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CheekyMonkey Offline
#8 Posted : Wednesday, May 30, 2012 4:07:37 AM(UTC)
CheekyMonkey

My new ink arrived five minutes ago and I tried it and yay it now prints black! Cannot believe that the ink levels showed ok when clearly it wasnt.

Thought I would post this up just in case anyone else gets this problem - I must admit I was pretty worried that my machine was faulty!
Kigz Offline
#9 Posted : Wednesday, June 27, 2012 6:05:49 AM(UTC)
Kigz

Was thanked: 323 time(s) in 205 post(s)
So glad I found this thread. I printed a bear with no black on him, lol, so must need a new black ink even though it says I do not...going to try it anyway. Thanks for posting! I was confused as well due to the black being fine on the calibration print.
cavgirl16 Offline
#10 Posted : Thursday, June 28, 2012 6:14:07 PM(UTC)
cavgirl16

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I had this same problem about a month ago and got so frustrated with it that I put my imagine away for awhile. It said my ink level was fine but was still printing blue in the black. Then I decided to pull it out last week and at first it said black was fine, then it said it was missing the black cartridge...never ever said low. So I opened the back and pulled it out and put it back in and then it said my color was missing! I finally call Provocraft and then sent me new inks, put them in yesterday and and it says ink levels are good. Have not played with it yet, a little nervous to.

Amy
dncnqueen02 Offline
#11 Posted : Saturday, July 14, 2012 6:30:09 PM(UTC)
dncnqueen02

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I bought mine at the Walmart Thanksgiving sale. I haven't used it a couple of times and I went to try out the black and white cartridge and my black ink was doing the exact same thing as the original poster of this conversation stated. I am a little aggravated b/c mine as well says the ink levels are fine on it and i am not going to pay for an ink cartridge when i haven't even USED the first one. Guess monday i will be making a call to provocraft for new ones. Ridiculous.
KaraGolby Offline
#12 Posted : Monday, July 16, 2012 7:49:36 PM(UTC)
KaraGolby

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 9 post(s)
I bought my Imagine @ Walmart last Thanksgiving too. I'm having same issue. I did email PC's customer service & they responded with a number for me to call. I'm calling tomorrow because it sounds like my ink went bad & needs to be replaced. I wonder why the Imagine is showing the ink levels to be good when they aren't? Or has the ink expired & turns blue when it's gone bad?
Khrista Offline
#13 Posted : Tuesday, July 17, 2012 3:02:14 PM(UTC)
Khrista

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 2510 time(s) in 1398 post(s)
Originally Posted by: KaraGolby Go to Quoted Post
I bought my Imagine @ Walmart last Thanksgiving too. I'm having same issue. I did email PC's customer service & they responded with a number for me to call. I'm calling tomorrow because it sounds like my ink went bad & needs to be replaced. I wonder why the Imagine is showing the ink levels to be good when they aren't? Or has the ink expired & turns blue when it's gone bad?

They had a bad batch of cartridges at one point. I've used ink past the expired date and it's been fine.