Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

gtgjones377773118 Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 27, 2012 11:30:53 AM(UTC)
gtgjones377773118

Groups: Registered

I am wanting to purchase my first cricut. I am a teacher and feel this would be great to use in my classroom. What do you recommend? What is digital cartridges? HELP :)
Mercy Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 27, 2012 2:05:31 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Was thanked: 2082 time(s) in 1202 post(s)
Originally Posted by: gtgjones377773118 Go to Quoted Post
I am wanting to purchase my first cricut. I am a teacher and feel this would be great to use in my classroom. What do you recommend? What is digital cartridges? HELP :)

Digital entitlements includes Cricut Craft Room Exclusives which are a few images and/or projects and retired carts that have become digital. You don't own the digitals as you cannot sell the rights to the digitals but you have the rights to design and cut with the digitals.

Instead of a cart, after a digital entitlement is purchased, you can use the digitals right away in CCR or on your Gypsy instead of waiting for a cart to arrive at your house. The digitals can be used with any of PC's cricuts.

I am not a teacher but here is a comparison of the cricuts.

Mini:

More portable than any of the other cricuts because it is lighter and supposedly it cuts a little better than the previous cricuts as the Mini is PC's latest machine but it has its limitations.

The Mini cuts up to 8.5x12.

The Mini is not a standalone machine meaning that you cannot put a cart in the port and cut from the cart without being tied to a computer.

The Mini is created at the present to be used with CCR and the G. It does not work with Cricut Design Studio which is a non-internet based software. Cricut Craft Room (CCR) needs the internet and a computer as it does not have wifi so it so if your class room does not have the internet, a computer in your class room or you do not have a Gypsy, then the Mini is would not be a good option.

For more information about the Mini, click the below link:

http://www.cricut.com/mini/Default.aspx

Expression 2 (E2)

The E2 is an update to the first Expression. It is the second youngest machine from the cricut line. It is more digital than the E with newer technology. It cuts up to 12x24 and for more information the E2, click the below links.

A comparison of the E2 and E:

http://main.cricut.com/c...-another-Expression.aspx

PC information on the E2

http://www.cricut.com/Expression2/#faqlink

Imagine:

The Imagine is PC's third youngest cricut and it is the only cricut that you are able to use an Imagine cart and print papers and images while cutting all at one time. It is limited to the carts that PC released but you can use PC's legacy carts in the Imagine to create as well.

It is also PC's heaviest cricut as once it is placed in a spot, it probably will remain in that spot unless you have help to move it.

I think out of all PC's cricuts, it has the most issues but again, it is two machine in one. Click the below link for more information on the Imagine.

http://main.cricut.com/c...st131609_CE2-vs--CI.aspx

Legacy Cricuts:

Legacy Cricuts are Cricuts that are older and they use an older technology than the ones above but they are oldies but goodies and many prefer the legacy cricuts over the newer cricuts as it is a personal choice.

Expression:

The Expression was PC's first release of a larger cutting machine. It has less of a learning curve than the E2. See the first E2 link above for information on the Expression. Some of the members take the E with them to crops.

The Create:

The Create is the updated version of PC’s first cutter, the original cutter, the Baby Bug. It is the most portable Cricut that is not attached to a computer or the internet as it works as a standalone Cricut. You can put a cart in the cart port and cut or you can connect the Create to the Gypsy, CCR or CDS. Many members take the Create to Crops and what not. It cuts up to 6x12. The link for the E and E2 comparison also applies to the entire legacy Cricuts excluding some of the cutting sizes so for more information see the link above.

The Original or Baby Bug:

This is PC’s first entry into the electronic cutting industry as it should be six years old. For more information, see the Create.

Then there are the Cake machines that PC released to cut certain foods and these machines are based upon the Expression and the Create.

I am sure others will be able to add more to this conversation.

Edited by user Wednesday, June 27, 2012 9:10:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked Mercy for this useful post.
gtgjones377773118 on 6/27/2012(UTC)
scraphappysteph Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 27, 2012 8:52:58 PM(UTC)
scraphappysteph

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 433 time(s) in 325 post(s)
A few of the teachers at my kids school have the expression. They like to be able to use bigger sizes if they need to.
 1 user thanked scraphappysteph for this useful post.
gtgjones377773118 on 6/28/2012(UTC)
okie_ladybug Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, June 28, 2012 3:07:19 PM(UTC)
okie_ladybug

Was thanked: 3347 time(s) in 1125 post(s)
DUH!! ALL OF THEM!! HA HA HA HA

Digital would probably be great for the classroom so you wouldn't have to try and keep up with cartridges. As for which machine I would say the Expressions or E2 since, as it was pointed out, you can cut larger images.
 1 user thanked okie_ladybug for this useful post.
gtgjones377773118 on 6/28/2012(UTC)
gtgjones377773118 Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, June 28, 2012 4:04:10 PM(UTC)
gtgjones377773118

Thanks everyone. I purchased an Expression 2 last night. Everyone complained a lot about the Expression 2, but I think that they were used to just the Expression. I don't know any different, so I will do as advised and read the manual, and take my time with it. Gotta remember Rome wasn't built in a day lol! I appreciate the info!
Mercy Offline
#6 Posted : Thursday, June 28, 2012 4:13:33 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Was thanked: 2082 time(s) in 1202 post(s)
Originally Posted by: gtgjones377773118 Go to Quoted Post
Thanks everyone. I purchased an Expression 2 last night. Everyone complained a lot about the Expression 2, but I think that they were used to just the Expression. I don't know any different, so I will do as advised and read the manual, and take my time with it. Gotta remember Rome wasn't built in a day lol! I appreciate the info!

You're welcome and congrats on your E! You will love it! :) Yes, read the manual and across the net there are a lot of videos on the E! If you have questions, I am sure the community will be able to help! Welcome and enjoy!BigGrin