Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Scrap Happy Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 28, 2010 10:52:42 AM(UTC)
Scrap Happy

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Anyone know how to do really large vinyl projects using the cricut. I have the 12 x 24 mat and design studio. But, I want to know how to do larger projects than the 12 x 24 mat and piece them together. Any directions or vidoes out there?

Thanks for any help!
LaLaLand Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 28, 2010 6:14:41 PM(UTC)
LaLaLand

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 36 post(s)
I posted just about the same question yesterday. We must both be on the same brain wave. The only thing I could figure out was to design it in pieces using my Gypsy. If you figure it out or get any ideas let me know. I want to do something big for my grand kids playroom.
SusanD Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, October 30, 2010 7:01:50 PM(UTC)
SusanD

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Go to smartbuygal.com/forum if noone can help you here. I'm sure there will be a crafter over on that site that can help you or point you in the right direction.
 1 user thanked SusanD for this useful post.
CraftyOldBat on 11/1/2010(UTC)
Scrap Happy Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, October 31, 2010 3:37:58 PM(UTC)
Scrap Happy

Guess what Susan...I posted the same question over there and no one replied. I think it is a bit silly to keep posting for everyonee to jump over to that site as an answer to everyone's posts/questions.
AnnComer Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, October 31, 2010 7:05:01 PM(UTC)
AnnComer

You need to make a mark that you can overlap. So I would put a circle on both sides of the mat. Then when you cut the next part of the design you put a mark there that will line up.
The Busy Bug Offline
#6 Posted : Monday, November 01, 2010 12:17:50 AM(UTC)
The Busy Bug

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 11 post(s)
I just posted a Halloween Happy Hauntings Scene on my garage door! Check it out!! I enlarged everything using my 12 x 24 mat. Come on over to thebusybug.blogspot.com and let me know if you need any help!
Here is one of the pic's of my garage door. The rest is on my blog!

Edited by user Monday, November 01, 2010 12:20:10 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

File Attachment(s):
DSC_5239.JPG (3,281kb) downloaded 156 time(s).
SusanD Offline
#7 Posted : Monday, November 01, 2010 7:13:04 AM(UTC)
SusanD

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 15 post(s)
GayleWyant wrote:
Guess what Susan...I posted the same question over there and no one replied. I think it is a bit silly to keep posting for everyonee to jump over to that site as an answer to everyone's posts/questions.

The only reason I mention it is because nobody is answering their questions. The last two posts I made regarding going over to Kathy's place, somebody jumps in with an answer "only" after I make a comment. (Why couldn't have someone posted about the Car Decal cart before I posted-it had been 5 days; besides the original poster may have liked where I told her she could go to get the stick figures).

There is so much information that can't be discussed on this MB, which is fine. I'm just letting people know there is an alternative site to get answers or see what others are doing with their Cricuts. There's no reason why we can't go to a lot of different places to get inspiration or questions answered. People post to check our their blogs too, is that any different? It's up to that individual person to check the website out or not.

In these bad economic times, not a whole lot of us can afford to keep buying cartridges, and there is sooo much more we can do with our Cricuts with the internet. Why not utilize those sources. Is that a bad thing? The warranty expires after a year.

I'm glad that Ann Comer and The Busy Bug answered her. There are also two replies to your request over "there" too.

Anyway, I didn't respond to get a whole other nasty thread going with everyone on this forum. Just wanted to set the record straight on where I was going with my post here. I'm not a creative person, and I'm not ashamed to say that I take other people's projects, change them up and then make them my own, and if I can help someone, I will. Take care and have a great week!
 3 users thanked SusanD for this useful post.
StephanieHopper1 on 11/1/2010(UTC), LishaB on 11/2/2010(UTC), DebbieBarnett1 on 11/3/2010(UTC)
CraftyOldBat Offline
#8 Posted : Monday, November 01, 2010 10:54:15 PM(UTC)
CraftyOldBat

United States

Was thanked: 399 time(s) in 334 post(s)
GayleWyant wrote:

Call it what you want but I find it quite helpful. These boards are not the only way to get desired info and right now everybody's loopy over the Imagine which I don't need info on. I come here specifically to be redirected because there are so many other talented people "out there" who are willing to share ideas/techniques and such; this board helps us find them! I very much appreciate those who take a moment to point the way.
 1 user thanked CraftyOldBat for this useful post.
SusanD on 11/2/2010(UTC)
The Busy Bug Offline
#9 Posted : Tuesday, November 02, 2010 1:11:55 AM(UTC)
The Busy Bug

Hey guys. Do you all still need help with making large cuts with the Gypsy?
LaLaLand Offline
#10 Posted : Tuesday, November 02, 2010 1:25:45 AM(UTC)
LaLaLand

Yes, Yes, Yes! I still need help. Do you have any suggestions?
The Busy Bug Offline
#11 Posted : Tuesday, November 02, 2010 1:34:25 AM(UTC)
The Busy Bug

You wanted to know how to enlarge something on the Gypsy....right?
LaLaLand Offline
#12 Posted : Tuesday, November 02, 2010 1:53:10 PM(UTC)
LaLaLand

Well this is not my post so I hope it's ok to respond. What I was trying to figure out is how to get say a cow for example to cut at say 50 x 50. In other words bigger than the biggest mat. I'm thinking I could just design it in half on the Gypsy and cut it in 2 pieces. Someone suggested something about overlaying the design. My thought was to put a very large design on a back wall of the grandkids play area. Most designs I've seen so far have just been as big as the 12x24 mat.
The Busy Bug Offline
#13 Posted : Tuesday, November 02, 2010 7:20:18 PM(UTC)
The Busy Bug

Oh....I thought you were talking about doing it with the Gypsy. If you figure that out please let me know what you did. Thanks.
The Busy Bug Offline
#14 Posted : Wednesday, November 03, 2010 4:21:09 PM(UTC)
The Busy Bug

Do you know her website or blog?
LaLaLand Offline
#15 Posted : Wednesday, November 03, 2010 9:40:44 PM(UTC)
LaLaLand

Actually there is another post that was posted today where someone made a large tree for a nursery. It's perfect and big, big , big. She even tells how she did it. Good luck. Seems sort of haard but I'm confident I can do it with a little thought.