Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Scrapperdee Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 02, 2010 6:43:22 PM(UTC)
Scrapperdee

Groups: Registered
Canada

Was thanked: 4187 time(s) in 2402 post(s)
I thought I'd try this troubleshooting thing again today (since uninstalling/reinstalling; turning on and off my computer isn't doing anything), but its not working:

Here are the questions & what I answered:

1. Experiencing issues with the G? Answer these questions will aid in restoring - do you want to continue - I said yes

2. Are you missing Carts or does the G behave oddly - I said yes

3. It is recommended to restore cartridges - do you want to continue - I said yes

4. it is recommended to backup your files - so you want to backup files - I said yes (then it did its back-up thing) but I got the following message back:

An error occurred: object reference not set to an instance of an object.

What is this about?

SO...then I thought, we'll, I can "see" these new carts, they are just red, so I'll do the questions a bit differently:

1. Experiencing issues with the G? Answer these questions will aid in restoring - do you want to continue - I said yes

2. Are you missing Carts or does the G behave oddly - I said no

3. Does the G sometimes close the open application without warning? - I said yes

4. It is recommended that you re-install applications & cartridge data. Would you like to do this now? Do I say YES or NO...I'm afraid.

HELP
TheBugBytes Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 02, 2010 6:49:11 PM(UTC)
TheBugBytes

Was thanked: 1539 time(s) in 876 post(s)
Scrapperdee wrote:
I thought I'd try this troubleshooting thing again today (since uninstalling/reinstalling; turning on and off my computer isn't doing anything), but its not working:

Here are the questions & what I answered:

2. Are you missing Carts or does the G behave oddly - I said yes

3. It is recommended to restore cartridges - do you want to continue - I said yes

4. it is recommended to backup your files - so you want to backup files - I said yes (then it did its back-up thing) but I got the following message back:

An error occurred: object reference not set to an instance of an object.

What is this about?

SO...then I thought, we'll, I can "see" these new carts, they are just red, so I'll do the questions a bit differently:

2. Are you missing Carts or does the G behave oddly - I said no

3. Does the G sometimes close the open application without warning? - I said yes

4. It is recommended that you re-install applications & cartridge data. Would you like to do this now? Do I say YES or NO...I'm afraid.

HELP

checking back in and saw this.

when you back up then some of your files need to be renamed. This happened after the hide and contour update.
Check if files have no spaces and even number and underline in same files caused error.So it is floundering there. Try using save as option on those files rename and then delete the original files. Keep running just back up again and again from g sync till all these files clear up
Then go ahead and troubleshoot.
ok I am off to play. can't wait to play with JT and Katies' Kitchen LOL . Bye ladies- will check in later. Hope fully our CEO mercy will come back

Scrapperdee Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 02, 2010 6:57:19 PM(UTC)
Scrapperdee

Canada

so...I've always had spaces and dashes and numbers in my file names...did something just change in the last week?

Scrapperdee wrote:

Can I say YES to this question without worrying?

Edited by user Tuesday, November 02, 2010 6:58:44 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

TheBugBytes Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 02, 2010 7:00:15 PM(UTC)
TheBugBytes

Scrapperdee wrote:
so...I've always had spaces and dashes and numbers in my file names...did something just change in the last week?

Can I say YES to this question without worrying?

yes. - say yes to that question

Spaces are a no no now
and underline and numbers seem to cause problems in some cases but not all
Scrapperdee Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, November 02, 2010 7:07:07 PM(UTC)
Scrapperdee

Canada

TheBugBytes wrote:
yes. - say yes to that question

Spaces are a no no now
and underline and numbers seem to cause problems in some cases but not all

No spaces ThumbDown ...I hope they get rid of the option to add a space then....I'm going to be busy getting rid of a TON of spaces (on 91 files that are on my gypsy!)

I just got back to my computer (after changing all the spaces to dots) and it STILL won't back-up the files.

I suppose dots don't work either

Edited by user Tuesday, November 02, 2010 9:27:55 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

TheBugBytes Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, November 02, 2010 7:09:53 PM(UTC)
TheBugBytes

if you have a previous version of backup just back up files that are not on thereBigGrin selectively
and then do not choose backup while troubleshooting
Esthrmend Offline
#7 Posted : Tuesday, November 02, 2010 7:22:42 PM(UTC)
Esthrmend

Was thanked: 93 time(s) in 78 post(s)
where did you find the troubleshoot gypsy?
Scrapperdee Offline
#8 Posted : Tuesday, November 02, 2010 9:37:36 PM(UTC)
Scrapperdee

Canada

OK...so I tried the 1st one (missing carts on G) without backing up gypsy and I got the following error:

There was an error installing content files, if you continue to received this error, please perform a full recovery via the troubleshooter.

SO...I tried the 2nd question (does G turn off on its own) without backing up gypsy and I got the exact same error message.

What does this mean...full recovery? Is it the dreaded 3rd question...what's involved, will I lose all my uploaded carts...HELP!!!
Scrapperdee Offline
#9 Posted : Tuesday, November 02, 2010 10:20:38 PM(UTC)
Scrapperdee

Canada

ok...so, I poked that pin (from the stylus) into the back of my gypsy and plugged it in...and figured out how to turn off my trend antivirus thing...hit cricut sync and managed to get to a screen I'd never seen before...and my gypsy seems to be talking to cricut sync.

Its just asked me to re-start my gypsy...I've never gotten this far.

My version is now 0206:0206 but the free carts are all still in red...now what?
pambrown Offline
#10 Posted : Tuesday, November 02, 2010 10:26:03 PM(UTC)
pambrown

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
My version says that too and mine are still red...so frustrating! This is supposed to be FUN!
TheBugBytes Offline
#11 Posted : Tuesday, November 02, 2010 10:27:58 PM(UTC)
TheBugBytes

switch off the g and then switch on again and check. also just try connecting it to G sync now and then check
gcmcevoy Offline
#12 Posted : Tuesday, November 02, 2010 10:29:08 PM(UTC)
gcmcevoy

United States

Was thanked: 702 time(s) in 607 post(s)
Dee, I am in the same boat as you . Right now my gypsy sync says contacting update servers.
Why is this so hard? If they are having sever over load they should do something like a rolling download. One part of the country goes first then the next etc.
This is nuts
I have to go cook it's almost 7:30 here and I have been on line since I got home at 3:30! GRRRRRRR
pambrown Offline
#13 Posted : Tuesday, November 02, 2010 10:35:36 PM(UTC)
pambrown

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
OK that didn't work either. Did the Sync again and it says I am already updated. Turned G off & then back on...have reset it..at a loss as to what I need to do now?!
Scrapperdee Offline
#14 Posted : Tuesday, November 02, 2010 10:36:40 PM(UTC)
Scrapperdee

Canada

TheBugBytes wrote:
switch off the g and then switch on again and check. also just try connecting it to G sync now and then check

thanks...I've turned on and off the G about 3 times since it appears that it might have worked ( I sure hope it did work) ...and still nothing.

Do you mean...gypsy sync or cricut sync? (I currently can't get back into cricut sync, for some reason).
TheBugBytes Offline
#15 Posted : Tuesday, November 02, 2010 10:44:11 PM(UTC)
TheBugBytes

Scrapperdee wrote:
thanks...I've turned on and off the G about 3 times since it appears that it might have worked ( I sure hope it did work) ...and still nothing.

Do you mean...gypsy sync or cricut sync? (I currently can't get back into cricut sync, for some reason).

gypsy sync

also try to just reset the G with stylus poke method and then troubleshooting with G sync.
That's why I am advising not to take out G sync until they have fine tuned cricut sync.

Edited by user Tuesday, November 02, 2010 10:45:55 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Scrapperdee Offline
#16 Posted : Tuesday, November 02, 2010 11:20:05 PM(UTC)
Scrapperdee

Canada

I was having problems getting the cricut sync to start again (I had to re-boot computer)...and while waiting for that, I re-poked my gypsy.

thankfully, circut sync turned on (again)and I did the trouble shooting from your post:
trouble shoot with cricut sync

and magically, the free carts are no longer red...of course, I haven't tried to cut yet...but at least I way past where I was over the past 2 days!

THANKS!

I have been finding though, that I have a hard time exiting OUT of cricut sync...every time I get a message that there's a problem with the bridge file...is that going to be a problem for me down the road?
TheBugBytes Offline
#17 Posted : Tuesday, November 02, 2010 11:33:36 PM(UTC)
TheBugBytes

I think that is a problem with trend.
Btw lots of business people have reported problem with Trend in such things.I just googled and you will not believe the tons and tons of hits I have got for driver error
PC is aware of the problems with Trend and is working with them on a patch and you might soon have this resolved soon
I am glad that things are working. take your time and try cutting something when you have time
Scrapperdee Offline
#18 Posted : Wednesday, November 03, 2010 1:40:26 AM(UTC)
Scrapperdee

Canada

THANKS for all your help!

I shall try to cut something tomorrow...I hope that works.

It would be great if the updates could solve this trend anti-virus issue...I hadn't run into this problem with gypsy sync OR updating cricut design studio...so it must be solvable!

Thanks, again!