Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages123>»
SimpleCreations Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 04, 2010 1:20:09 PM(UTC)
SimpleCreations

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I plugged my gypsy into the cricut to cut and got this message on the screen of my gypsy:

"The Gypsy has detected a security breach and will shut down. IF you think this error is a mistake please contact customer service. Contact information can be found at www.provocraft.com/gypsy"
code3

I am currently on the phone waiting for someone to answer gypsy customer service.

Do any of you tech people know what I should do with this message?

I did update my gypsy on Nov. 1 sucessfully.

Angela
Simple Creations
Mercy Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 04, 2010 1:30:08 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Was thanked: 2082 time(s) in 1202 post(s)
SimpleCreations wrote:
I plugged my gypsy into the cricut to cut and got this message on the screen of my gypsy:

"The Gypsy has detected a security breach and will shut down. IF you think this error is a mistake please contact customer service. Contact information can be found at www.provocraft.com/gypsy"
code3

I am currently on the phone waiting for someone to answer gypsy customer service.

Do any of you tech people know what I should do with this message?

I did update my gypsy on Nov. 1 sucessfully.

Angela
Simple Creations

You have to reformat your g and if you choose to do so let us know. CS should tell you the same thing as well.
SimpleCreations Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 04, 2010 1:30:53 PM(UTC)
SimpleCreations

I clicked on ok & the gypsy turned off. I turned it back on and seems to be normal. So I am going to try to use it again. Since I am still on hold waiting for Customer Service to answer the phone.

Angela
Simple Creations
Mercy Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 04, 2010 1:32:38 PM(UTC)
Mercy

SimpleCreations wrote:
I clicked on ok & the gypsy turned off. I turned it back on and seems to be normal. So I am going to try to use it again. Since I am still on hold waiting for Customer Service to answer the phone.

Angela
Simple Creations

Let us know if it says it again.
SimpleCreations Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, November 04, 2010 1:38:35 PM(UTC)
SimpleCreations

Yes, I got the same message again. Each time I tell the gypsy to cut it gives me this message.

So I guess I need to Reformat. How do I do that. Does that me I have to reinstall all the cartrides again?
SimpleCreations Offline
#6 Posted : Thursday, November 04, 2010 1:48:23 PM(UTC)
SimpleCreations

Is this an error because of the Smily Card Cart. Becuase that is the one I am trying to cut. I saw that someone else had this same problem. Unfortunitly I have a holiday sale in a week and I have so much to work on. I love my gypsy & use it almost every day.
Mercy Offline
#7 Posted : Thursday, November 04, 2010 1:54:28 PM(UTC)
Mercy

SimpleCreations wrote:
Yes, I got the same message again. Each time I tell the gypsy to cut it gives me this message.

So I guess I need to Reformat. How do I do that. Does that me I have to reinstall all the cartrides again?

Yes! I woul only link the carts that I need to cut with at that time. First you want to backup your files. Click the below link as Pam did a picture tutorial on it and the last post I gave another version without pictures.

http://community.provocr...files-in-your-Gypsy.aspx

Make sure your g is plugged into an electrical outlet, go to help, troubleshooter. Answer, yes to proceed, no, no, no, which will bring you to a window that will tell you that it is going to reformat your g. Click yes, as mine went fast until it got to the content which is a two part and it goes slow. It may look as it is frozen but it is not and how I gaged it was to monitor it with the any writing above the line. I think you will have to turn on the g at least twice during the reformat which took me a little less than a hour. It is going to say not connected when the g is turned off or not on the welcome screen but after the g gets to the welcome screen you should be fine. Just follow the directions as they are good directions with pictures.
 1 user thanked Mercy for this useful post.
SimpleCreations on 11/4/2010(UTC)
SimpleCreations Offline
#8 Posted : Thursday, November 04, 2010 1:58:44 PM(UTC)
SimpleCreations

Ok, I guess I will try that then.
Mercy, thank you for your help.

Angela
DoodleBug2 Offline
#9 Posted : Thursday, November 04, 2010 2:07:45 PM(UTC)
DoodleBug2

Was thanked: 119 time(s) in 113 post(s)
SimpleCreations wrote:
Is this an error because of the Smily Card Cart. Becuase that is the one I am trying to cut. I saw that someone else had this same problem. Unfortunitly I have a holiday sale in a week and I have so much to work on. I love my gypsy & use it almost every day.

Did you try to cut something from another cartridge, and if did it cut or did you get the same message? Just curious!
SimpleCreations Offline
#10 Posted : Thursday, November 04, 2010 2:11:35 PM(UTC)
SimpleCreations

Doodlebug2 No I didn't because I had a specific card from Smily Cards that I wanted to cut. I know that would be the smart thing to do. Right now I am backing up all my gypsy files. I haven't started any reformating yet. I will try it again before I start that long process.
DoodleBug2 Offline
#11 Posted : Thursday, November 04, 2010 2:47:39 PM(UTC)
DoodleBug2

Was thanked: 119 time(s) in 113 post(s)
SimpleCreations wrote:
Doodlebug2 No I didn't because I had a specific card from Smily Cards that I wanted to cut. I know that would be the smart thing to do. Right now I am backing up all my gypsy files. I haven't started any reformating yet. I will try it again before I start that long process.

Thank you for replying - I am not home right now so I can't try cutting something, but IMHO, if all my other carts will still cut, I am not going to go through a reformat just to get Smiley Cards. This update has been way too stressful to me - I am starting to feel like a guinea pig and we are doing the quality control for PC. Just saying........
Joan @ JoansCraftWorld.com Offline
#12 Posted : Thursday, November 04, 2010 2:51:23 PM(UTC)
Joan @ JoansCraftWorld.com

United States

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I just got the same security breach error ~I also reformatted and it got stuck in that process and it made me register again ~ I have had my Gypsy since the launch last Sept now it says i just registered today. I have never had a problem and this is really frustrating ~ i am also on hold with support and it's been almost 1 hour ~Confused
Mercy Offline
#13 Posted : Thursday, November 04, 2010 2:54:59 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Usually, when you get that error, that error is present for all of the carts and the only way to clear it is to reformat it in which I did last night. It was for a different error but I did reformat it. With the new cart and sync, who knows but that is the usual.
Mercy Offline
#14 Posted : Thursday, November 04, 2010 2:59:24 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Joan @ JoansCraftWorld.com wrote:
I just got the same security breach error ~I also reformatted and it got stuck in that process and it made me register again ~ I have had my Gypsy since the launch last Sept now it says i just registered today. I have never had a problem and this is really frustrating ~ i am also on hold with support and it's been almost 1 hour ~Confused

So, you did say yes to proceed, no, no, no and then it reformatted? Did it work? Are you able to cut with the cart? Which cart were you trying to use?

I did it last night and it was flawless. I wonder if they are having an issue with the server because it shouldn't have taken you to the registration site.
SimpleCreations Offline
#15 Posted : Thursday, November 04, 2010 3:19:49 PM(UTC)
SimpleCreations

I was on hold with PC for over an hour and got disconnected so right now the only info I have is what Mercy has told me. I have been backing up my project data for about an hour. So then once that is done then I will start the reformating and pray it goes well.
NotGoingGreyGracefully Offline
#16 Posted : Thursday, November 04, 2010 3:23:35 PM(UTC)
NotGoingGreyGracefully

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 801 time(s) in 451 post(s)
mercy, my guardian angel -

Tell me this is infecting the G and not my 'puter, please please please ... because ever since I did the beta test the MB has been acting really weird ... things that have never happened before happen not once or twice, but over and over ... I can't afford cyberflu, my health insurance doesn't cover that!
Mercy Offline
#17 Posted : Thursday, November 04, 2010 3:26:30 PM(UTC)
Mercy

SimpleCreations wrote:
I was on hold with PC for over an hour and got disconnected so right now the only info I have is what Mercy has told me. I have been backing up my project data for about an hour. So then once that is done then I will start the reformating and pray it goes well.

I don't know why it is taking you an hour to do the backup. Do you have a lot of files? It didn't take me that long. Of course, I did mine manually by the steps in the last post of the link that I gave you.
Mercy Offline
#18 Posted : Thursday, November 04, 2010 3:29:26 PM(UTC)
Mercy

NotGoingGreyGracefully wrote:
mercy, my guardian angel -

Tell me this is infecting the G and not my 'puter, please please please ... because ever since I did the beta test the MB has been acting really weird ... things that have never happened before happen not once or twice, but over and over ... I can't afford cyberflu, my health insurance doesn't cover that!

LOL The mb is sick right now. The time is off, last night I tried to post but the posts were mixed in with the other posts and not the end and then when I posted, it did not move it up. I stopped posting last night. What types of issues are you having?
#19 Posted : Thursday, November 04, 2010 3:45:40 PM(UTC)
NotGoingGreyGracefully

You want the whole list????

Okay, but I have to make it quick because I was supposed to leave 20 minutes ago.

1. I get either the cricut board OR the circle board - no longer circle board on top with green board below. Can't figure out how to switch between boards, as they both say I'm logged in.

2. Sometimes, when the board really likes me, I can't log out. In I can understand, but .. OUT?

3. Yesterday, every time I opened a board, I got a 4" tall grey bar with all the regular stuff we see in the grey bar, a white patch with all the headers for posts, and then another 1/4th" grey bar, a list of hot topics and a list of registered users viewing. No posts, no forums, no nothink ... kinda creepy.

4. About half the time I try to post a reply or PM, the screen goes to white, and the post or PM goes to LalaLand. Totally disappears. And I can't remember what I posted or PM'd. I count on the post/PM showing up. If I wanted to remember, I'd write it down, for pete's sake!

And I have the Car Decals pops me back to Welcome. Funny, I've been posting Pam's troubleshoot all over the board and haven't had the time to run it myself. After about six posts that did go onto the board, in the wrong places, I figured out PC must have reset the time, and put the posts in in chronological order according to their goofy clock. So my reply to a thread shows up as the OP, is even marked #1, despite it being the answer to the question the OP asked.

Hopefully it's the board and G that are infected, and not my whole desktop !!!!Crying
#20 Posted : Thursday, November 04, 2010 3:48:27 PM(UTC)
NotGoingGreyGracefully

Oh, and while I have your attention (or at least a part of it-hehe) the used E that I'm getting for Christmas arrived yesterday, it doesn't have a power cord and PC's cricut.com is out of stock. Will the power cord for my baby bug work? I just want to turn it on and try to cut something easy to see if the machine works. It is supposed to be cowering under the bed or somewhere waiting for gift wrap.
#21 Posted : Thursday, November 04, 2010 3:55:01 PM(UTC)
NotGoingGreyGracefully

Oh crickey it did it again!!!! A dark grey bar, a light grey bar with all the headers, and ... I don't believe it though I just saw it again ... NO FORUMS, NO POSTS .... I'm startin to freak out here. I'm going to the mall, and when I get back it will all be a bad dream .....
SimpleCreations Offline
#22 Posted : Thursday, November 04, 2010 3:58:31 PM(UTC)
SimpleCreations

Mercy,

I was following the instructions on the link you sent me. When I created a folder it automatically started backing up project data. It has one green bar going across and says finishing backing up of projects. I never saw my files listed like the link showed.

Should I stop it and try to start over?
Mercy Offline
#23 Posted : Thursday, November 04, 2010 4:16:17 PM(UTC)
Mercy

SimpleCreations wrote:
Mercy,

I was following the instructions on the link you sent me. When I created a folder it automatically started backing up project data. It has one green bar going across and says finishing backing up of projects. I never saw my files listed like the link showed.

Should I stop it and try to start over?

Okay, are you saying that you get a message that says backup has completed?
Mercy Offline
#24 Posted : Thursday, November 04, 2010 4:21:04 PM(UTC)
Mercy

You want the whole list????

Okay, but I have to make it quick because I was supposed to leave 20 minutes ago.

1. I get either the cricut board OR the circle board - no longer circle board on top with green board below. Can't figure out how to switch between boards, as they both say I'm logged in.

2. Sometimes, when the board really likes me, I can't log out. In I can understand, but .. OUT?

3. Yesterday, every time I opened a board, I got a 4" tall grey bar with all the regular stuff we see in the grey bar, a white patch with all the headers for posts, and then another 1/4th" grey bar, a list of hot topics and a list of registered users viewing. No posts, no forums, no nothink ... kinda creepy.

4. About half the time I try to post a reply or PM, the screen goes to white, and the post or PM goes to LalaLand. Totally disappears. And I can't remember what I posted or PM'd. I count on the post/PM showing up. If I wanted to remember, I'd write it down, for pete's sake!

And I have the Car Decals pops me back to Welcome. Funny, I've been posting Pam's troubleshoot all over the board and haven't had the time to run it myself. After about six posts that did go onto the board, in the wrong places, I figured out PC must have reset the time, and put the posts in in chronological order according to their goofy clock. So my reply to a thread shows up as the OP, is even marked #1, despite it being the answer to the question the OP asked.

Hopefully it's the board and G that are infected, and not my whole desktop !!!!Crying

Yeah, it is the board. When you reformat the g, make sure you backup your files before you begin as it will erase everything. I had to do it last night.

After you click troublehooter, answer, yes to proceed, no, no, no, which will bring you to a window that will tell you that it is going to reformat your g. Click yes, as mine went fast until it got to the content which is a two part and it goes slow. It may look as it is frozen but it is not and how I gaged it was to monitor it with the any writing above the line. I think you will have to turn on the g at least twice during the reformat which took me a little less than a hour. It is going to say not connected when the g is turned off or not on the welcome screen but after the g gets to the welcome screen you should be fine. Just follow the directions as they are good directions with pictures.
Mercy Offline
#25 Posted : Thursday, November 04, 2010 4:23:58 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Oh crickey it did it again!!!! A dark grey bar, a light grey bar with all the headers, and ... I don't believe it though I just saw it again ... NO FORUMS, NO POSTS .... I'm startin to freak out here. I'm going to the mall, and when I get back it will all be a bad dream .....

I will try to find the answer for you.
SimpleCreations Offline
#26 Posted : Thursday, November 04, 2010 8:17:03 PM(UTC)
SimpleCreations

Mercy,

I never got a message that it completed backing up. I had to cancel it becasue it wasn't ever stopping. I tried it twice. I looked in the folder where I was backing up and it looks like everything is there except what I created since the Nov 1st backup and update. So I will just leave it at that and try to reformat with the link you gave me.

Thanks
Mercy Offline
#27 Posted : Thursday, November 04, 2010 8:19:49 PM(UTC)
Mercy

You can highlight those items and manually transfer them.
Mercy Offline
#28 Posted : Thursday, November 04, 2010 8:24:54 PM(UTC)
Mercy

right click on the projects, click on select all, right click again and click save projects to and select your folder
SimpleCreations Offline
#29 Posted : Thursday, November 04, 2010 8:42:53 PM(UTC)
SimpleCreations

Mercy,

I think only about 1/2 the files saved. I had canceled the backup process because it was taking so long. I looked in the folder where they are being saved and 1/2 I can click on a view and those are PNG Image, then I can't open the rest it just says Gypsy file.
So I am starting the backup over again an realize that it will probally take longer than an hour.

Sherri Kay Offline
#30 Posted : Thursday, November 04, 2010 8:47:48 PM(UTC)
Sherri Kay

United States

Was thanked: 2413 time(s) in 2165 post(s)
Mercy, tried to PM you and it said your box is full. Anyhow, it didn't work. I plugged the G back in and a message came up that I have content updates. So I went ahead and did that but the only cartridges that are linked are G Wonderings and G Font. I have all the carts, but none of them are linked. Also, the layering feature still does not work. Now what :(

Edited by user Thursday, November 04, 2010 8:50:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified