Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

craftypinkbutterfly Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 07, 2010 8:11:42 AM(UTC)
craftypinkbutterfly

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 226 time(s) in 92 post(s)
I have a Sizzix big shot but I keep looking at the pink Cuttlebug on HSN. Is there a difference, is there a reason to have both?
Mariposa23 Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 07, 2010 8:25:30 AM(UTC)
Mariposa23

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I have both and I found the BS to be easier to use. For example, right out the box I can use all the dies regardless of manufacturer, the instructions are immediately available to use the other dies and it has non-folder embossing capabilities (plates and embossing pad to use texture plates and brass stencils).

For the cuttlebug, I had to go online to find 'sandwiches' and had to buy embossing pads to emboss. There is a bigger learning curve IMO to the cuttlebug if you want to use anything other than CB dies and folders. I do like the footprint of the CB vs. the BS.

My vote is for the Big Shot.

lv2scrap02 Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, November 07, 2010 8:43:18 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Was thanked: 1280 time(s) in 995 post(s)
I had the Cuttlebug and sold it for my Big Shot you can use any folder with ease and the embossing is so deep. Love it. I have the electric and love it
Buggin_Out Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, November 07, 2010 9:26:23 AM(UTC)
Buggin_Out

Was thanked: 385 time(s) in 250 post(s)
Big Shot - hands down. It beats CB on a lot of features. I liked the pink CB, too, and did some price shopping before I bought the big shot. The pink CB is no deal. You can get all of the things in the HSN package for less $ is you buy the separatley. Based on that, it sems they are charging a premium just for the pink color.

About the color, the bog shot has pink accents. It also has rhinestone accents!
PetiteKalashnikovna Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, November 07, 2010 9:38:30 AM(UTC)
PetiteKalashnikovna

Was thanked: 217 time(s) in 154 post(s)
I have the Sizzix Big Shot and I have no regrets buying it. I use it all the time! I was tempted to get the pink CB, but I'm so glad I did not sell my Big Shot just to get that.
Loves2Smock Offline
#6 Posted : Sunday, November 07, 2010 10:46:57 AM(UTC)
Loves2Smock

United States

Was thanked: 40 time(s) in 31 post(s)
I have had the cuttlebug for a number of years, and a big shot for about 18 months. I picked the BS up for $49 on the sizzix ebay outlet and it came with the extended adapter/cutting pads so it was truly a steal. I like them both. I like the portability of the cuttlebug and it's compact size. I also like that it suctions to the table and came ready to use with thin dies (c plate). If I am just going to be embossing, or am short on space this is what gets pulled out. I have not used them, but they recently came out with the extended A/B/C plates to work with the strip/border and XL dies and the bigger spellbinders. The problem is to buy them is another $60 ($36 + tax if you have 40% off coupons and can find them at the store). If you get a big Shot you would need to get the extended adapters and cutting pads too. The truth is that both machines will cut anything from the tiniest Pinky Dinky Dies all the way up to the biggest sizzix XL dies with the proper adapters. The only problem with the Cuttlebug standard pads is they do not fully cover some of the Bigz dies, and if you get the standard big shot pads, you have to cut them down about an 1/8" to fit in the cuttlebug. The Big Shot can take any of the Cuttlebug pads, but you can't put the Big shot pads in the Cuttlebug. They are too wide. The only con to the Big Shot is it's size. It takes up about 3 times what the Cuttlebug does. I would recomend you go with what is available and you can easily find the cutting pads for locally, because coupons help a ton!

Kat Offline
#7 Posted : Sunday, November 07, 2010 3:09:32 PM(UTC)
Kat

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 464 time(s) in 284 post(s)
Cuttlebug found a new home. BS here and not going anyplace.
K.McIntyre Offline
#8 Posted : Sunday, November 07, 2010 3:53:43 PM(UTC)
K.McIntyre

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 56 post(s)
I have a Cuttlebug as well. And a Big Shot, I need to sell one of them. I find that the Big Shot is probable the one to keep because of the bigger cutting platform etc.....I don't take my Cuttlebug anywhere so portability is not an issue.

Kristin
SusansScrapPassion Offline
#9 Posted : Sunday, November 07, 2010 6:37:36 PM(UTC)
SusansScrapPassion

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 10 post(s)
I have both, but the BS is more versatile and I tend to use it the most. There is nothing that machine can't do and I prefer it over the Cuttlebug.