Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

CherylMaughan Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 11, 2010 10:19:22 PM(UTC)
CherylMaughan

Groups: Registered

I've finally gotten around to playing with my DS.....hit the cut button and it doesn't recognize my cricut. Tried everyones suggestions I could find online...troubleshooting, updating DS,changing ports, turning on and off cricut and PC, turning off spyware/firewall, still nothing. I've gotten the bubble on the bottom of my screen saying that the driver has been installed and I see the serial port icon in my device and printer window. I even grabbed my in laws cricut to try and it doesn't recognize theirs either, so I'm guessing it's a problem with my computer, not the port for the cable on the cricut. I'm running Windows 7 so not sure if there's something else that blocking it or what. I called cricut support and they finally said that I should mail my cricut in and they'll replace it but since my PC doesn't recognize my inlaw's then I'm sure a different circut won't help my situation either. What else should I try? I'm at a loss.....
Narelle Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, November 12, 2010 1:50:46 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7911 time(s) in 3709 post(s)
Just a quick question first - are you pressing the Cut button in DS?

If so, do you get a message box asking if you're using a jukebox?

Or does a box quickly flash up before you can see what it was?

Is there more than one page in your DS design? If so, are you viewing the page that has the object you are trying to cut?

CherylMaughan Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, November 12, 2010 7:34:32 AM(UTC)
CherylMaughan

I am pushing the cut button DS

It doesn't say anything about the jukebox, just says your cricut cannont be found, make sure its connected and turned on then press ok. When I press ok another pops up saying something about not recognizing the cricut and make sure the paper is loaded then press cut again.

I've tried a saved file of mine with multiple pages and yes I have the one with images I want to cut, same message pops up. Same thing happens when I. Just have one page too.

I'm thinking that maybe my computer hasn't actually downloaded the driver or something along those lines. Troubleshooting the icon says that everything is working properly and there's no update for the driver. I've uninstalled the driver then restarted the PC then plugged the cricut in again to have it install again....no dice. This is just so frustrating!
CherylMaughan Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, November 12, 2010 8:37:21 AM(UTC)
CherylMaughan

UPDATE.....I finally got it working. I had the updated version of DS, that's what all the recommendations were. I thought, hey, let's try to run the original version from the disk........it worked. I'm not sure why or how but I'm relieved it worked so I don't have to send my cricut in for a replacement one. Now I'm. Nervous to update DS in fear of it not being able to recognize my cricut again.
Narelle Offline
#5 Posted : Friday, November 12, 2010 3:21:24 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7911 time(s) in 3709 post(s)
Well, I'm glad that you got it working. But I'm also surprised that the disk version works as it's not supposed to be Windows 7 compatible.

For when you do decide to go ahead with updating here's some instructions that might help:

http://myfaqcricutds.blogspot.c...stalling-ds-updates.html

Good luck! Smile