Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

go-go Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 01, 2010 3:51:03 PM(UTC)
go-go

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1852 time(s) in 748 post(s)
Is there a way to tell if a cartridge has been linked?
I don't have a Gypsy, so I can't look it up that way.
Mercy Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 01, 2010 5:04:13 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2082 time(s) in 1202 post(s)
go-go wrote:

Yes! There is a feature that allow you to see only the carts that you have linked.
Doxieluv01 Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 01, 2010 5:21:45 PM(UTC)
Doxieluv01

Was thanked: 2263 time(s) in 1789 post(s)
mercy wrote:
Yes! There is a feature that allow you to see only the carts that you have linked.

she doesn't have a gypsy. So i'm guessing she's trying to find out if there's a way to tell if a carts been linked like if she's buying a used cart
ladybugstamper Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, December 01, 2010 5:28:59 PM(UTC)
ladybugstamper

Was thanked: 496 time(s) in 253 post(s)
At this time, the only way to tell is if you go and try to link it to a Gypsy. If it's been linked to a device it will tell you, if not, it will ask if you want to permanently link this cartridge to this Gypsy.

Hope this helps.
go-go Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, December 01, 2010 5:38:49 PM(UTC)
go-go

United States

Doxieluv01 wrote:
she doesn't have a gypsy. So i'm guessing she's trying to find out if there's a way to tell if a carts been linked like if she's buying a used cart

That's exactly right. I bought a cartridge & I am suspicious that it may be linked. It doesn't really matter because I don't have a Gypsy. I just don't like not knowing for sure.

Thanks for the responses!
TheresaTaylor2 Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, December 01, 2010 5:47:38 PM(UTC)
TheresaTaylor2

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
After a cartridge has been linked are you still able to use it in the cricut machine or do you have to use the gypsy?
go-go Offline
#7 Posted : Wednesday, December 01, 2010 7:33:08 PM(UTC)
go-go

United States

Yes, you can still use the cartridges in any machine. It won't affect that. I wouldn't be able to link it to a Gypsy if I ever purchased one.

What happened is that I bought a cartridge at a retail store. The package had been opened. I've heard stories of dishonest people opening packages in stores, secretly linking the cartridge to their Gypsy, then putting the cartridge back in the packaging. I just am curious if this is why there was an open package.
TheresaTaylor2 Offline
#8 Posted : Wednesday, December 01, 2010 7:36:14 PM(UTC)
TheresaTaylor2

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Oh wow, I didn't realize that is what people do. Man people are terrible
gcmcevoy Offline
#9 Posted : Wednesday, December 01, 2010 8:59:06 PM(UTC)
gcmcevoy

United States

Was thanked: 702 time(s) in 607 post(s)
All the new carts that I have gotten lately have had a secruity sticky that covers where you put it into the machine so you have to take it off to put into the machine and get you serial number. You can tell if it has been removed because you can't get that freaking sticky back on the right way no matter how hard you try.Laugh
This has only been on the newest carts .
suzqucrafter21 Offline
#10 Posted : Thursday, December 02, 2010 1:27:45 PM(UTC)
suzqucrafter21

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
You might want to check with the store that you purchased the cartridge from and find out what there policy for open cricut cartridges they might replace it for you without a hassle. I would ask this question on the Gypsy Tech Q&A board they might be able to help you better. Good luck and hopefully it was open by accident! and it will be ok if you decide to get the Gypsy. Happy Crafting
craftyclaire Offline
#11 Posted : Thursday, December 02, 2010 3:42:36 PM(UTC)
craftyclaire

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
l am from UK, got my gypsy last week all went well with the downloads with free carts, l then started to link the cartridges one is older cartridge Doodlecharms l brought this brand new in 2006 over here with the baby cricut when l tried to link it to my gypsy it said it was linked to another gypsy l am lost to know how this has happen. l have phone the UK cricut helpline it might look like that the serial number is a duplicate

xx
flywhistle Offline
#12 Posted : Thursday, December 02, 2010 9:19:00 PM(UTC)
flywhistle

Was thanked: 1337 time(s) in 1070 post(s)
craftyclaire wrote:
l am from UK, got my gypsy last week all went well with the downloads with free carts, l then started to link the cartridges one is older cartridge Doodlecharms l brought this brand new in 2006 over here with the baby cricut when l tried to link it to my gypsy it said it was linked to another gypsy l am lost to know how this has happen. l have phone the UK cricut helpline it might look like that the serial number is a duplicate

xx

Did someone pick up your Doodlecharms at a crop and link it to their Gypsy without you knowing?
craftyclaire Offline
#13 Posted : Friday, December 03, 2010 2:47:18 AM(UTC)
craftyclaire

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
No none of my friends own Gypsy l have always keep my cartridges in my craftroom it is really upsetting as l never taken my cartridges or lent them out to any of my friends

l really cannot understand how this can happen all l can say this cartridge must have duplicate serial number

with hand on my heart l can say this cartridge has been in my craftroom and never lent out to anyone

BetsyBoo Offline
#14 Posted : Saturday, December 04, 2010 9:46:27 PM(UTC)
BetsyBoo

Was thanked: 287 time(s) in 155 post(s)
If you eventually get a gypsy and find that the cartridge is linked to another gypsy, give provo craft a call they will fix the issue for you. I have a cartridge that I tried to link to my gypsy, it came up as being linked to a gypsy, which is kind of impossible because I do not know anyone else that owns a gypsy and I have never borrowed my cartridges, my gypsy even gave me the serial number of the gypsy the cart was linked to. While Provo craft could not tell me the name of the person my cart was linked to they did offer to replace the cartridge with a new one. The most important thing is to register your cartridges online, that way if you have a problem Provo craft can look up your cartridges and the offer you a solution. I have had 2 situations that were easily fixed by Provo craft as a result of registering my products. Hope this helps.

BetsyBoo
 1 user thanked BetsyBoo for this useful post.
LucciAltman1 on 12/8/2010(UTC)
Marjorie Offline
#15 Posted : Saturday, December 04, 2010 11:29:46 PM(UTC)
Marjorie

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Crafty Claire...the same thing happened to me. I bought a Create from Custom Crops last Christmas. When I got my Gypsy in November, I linked all of my cartridges with no problem until I came to my Don Juan. It came with my machine. I got a message that it had already been linked to a Gypsy. I got in touch with Custom Crops and they told me to call customer service here. I still haven't done it. It even gave me the s.n. of the Gypsy it was linked to. I know no one else linked it from here. It, too, hasn't left my craft room and no one I know has a Gypsy.
CJMAMA Offline
#16 Posted : Sunday, December 05, 2010 12:17:04 PM(UTC)
CJMAMA

BetsyBoo wrote:
If you eventually get a gypsy and find that the cartridge is linked to another gypsy, give provo craft a call they will fix the issue for you. I have a cartridge that I tried to link to my gypsy, it came up as being linked to a gypsy, which is kind of impossible because I do not know anyone else that owns a gypsy and I have never borrowed my cartridges, my gypsy even gave me the serial number of the gypsy the cart was linked to. While Provo craft could not tell me the name of the person my cart was linked to they did offer to replace the cartridge with a new one. The most important thing is to register your cartridges online, that way if you have a problem Provo craft can look up your cartridges and the offer you a solution. I have had 2 situations that were easily fixed by Provo craft as a result of registering my products. Hope this helps.

BetsyBoo

I am new to the the Gypsy and Cricut and to the boards. I was reading this post and had a question. How do you register your Cricut cartridges? I only have the two caqrtridges that came with my Cricut Expression that I bought back in February (just got and registered my Gypsy this morning, shhhh its my Christmas present!)Do I have to register the ones that came with my Cricut or will it do that automatically when I sync my Gypsy with my Cricut? And then when I update next time through my computer to PC? Hope I haven't confused youBlushing

thanks in advance
DawnAdams Offline
#17 Posted : Sunday, December 05, 2010 10:35:36 PM(UTC)
DawnAdams

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Go into your Cricut.Com account to register your cartridges. If you want to "earn" rewards points, you will also need to sign into the Cricut rewards page to register for points.

I just got my gypsy and struggled to register. I entered my account information several times before my system took me to a registration page. Fortunately, the process has completed successfully and my gypsy is ready for use. Now I need to learn how to use it!!!

:)
Grandma Choo Choo Offline
#18 Posted : Tuesday, December 07, 2010 4:51:31 PM(UTC)
Grandma Choo Choo

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Yeah!! Help Confused I just got my Gypsy and I am having a little bit of trouble registering it. What are the steps to see if I have gotten/linked the free cartridges? What are the steps or what feature do I use to work with only my carts? I have 29 of them. I want to use the keyword feature for searching only my own carts. I have read throu the manual and didn't find it. I am having trouble finding the answer on the internet. I appreciate any help I can get. Thanks!
YvonneDuran Offline
#19 Posted : Tuesday, December 07, 2010 5:27:39 PM(UTC)
YvonneDuran

Was thanked: 150 time(s) in 125 post(s)
go-go wrote:

What happened is that I bought a cartridge at a retail store. The package had been opened. I've heard stories of dishonest people opening packages in stores, secretly linking the cartridge to their Gypsy, then putting the cartridge back in the packaging. I just am curious if this is why there was an open package.

Stores are not suppose to sell open cricut cartridges. As they don't accept open ones back in return.
BetsyBoo Offline
#20 Posted : Tuesday, December 07, 2010 5:36:24 PM(UTC)
BetsyBoo

Register cartridges on Cricut.com, then if you have problems they can easily correct the problem, then go to cricutrewards.com to register your cartridges for reward points, you would be amazed how quickly the points add up if and even if they don't add up quickly eventually you will get enough for a "free" cartridge or whatever you select - know that the shipping is rather high though.

Once you have registered everything then go to plug your gypsy into your computer and update it, follow the directions on the gypsy to complete this process, it could take a couple of times to completely update. After you are done with this step turn off your cricut, wait a little bit then turn it back on quite possibly your machine will then have the free cartridges on it, if not check the next day on your gypsy, then check for another update if needed.

go to new, then select mat size then select the little keyboard in the right corner,

Now when you have the bar with the cartridge name on the left bottom select it and you will get a new screen that will say
Show: that is where you can select which cartridges you want to see during your selection process, I have mine set to linked cartridges, I don't want to mess with carts. I don't have linked unless I am looking to buy a new cart. Once you have this selected then you can tap cancel to get back to the screen with the cartridge you currently have to select from

Now to use the search function you have the keyboard up look at the bottom you will see a cricut head with a spy glass, click on that, you will get a screen that says keyword, touch the keyboard next to it type in what you are looking for and select ok, the list of what you are looking for and what cartridges it is on will appear. I have used this feature a ton.

Hope this helps,
BetsyBoo
BetsyBoo Offline
#21 Posted : Tuesday, December 07, 2010 5:40:05 PM(UTC)
BetsyBoo

1. I would never buy an open cartridge from a store unless they opened it for me.

2. The cartridge that I had that said it was already linked to a gypsy, is being replaced by provocraft, it took being on hold for 45 minutes (seriously, I used my cell and it tracked the time) When they asked if there was anything else they could do I said yes, hire more employees! I was happy with the results provocraft stands behind their products.
#22 Posted : Tuesday, December 07, 2010 11:10:07 PM(UTC)
Grandma Choo Choo

Thank you for a quick response. I still can't figure out HOW to Show only linked carts. (Only the ones I own) I have tried and tried. I need to know what steps I have to take to do this? I have figured out how to view all of the carts, that is easy. I don't see how to mark the ones I have for easy use? Thank you again. Shawn
ladybugstamper Offline
#23 Posted : Wednesday, December 08, 2010 7:35:26 AM(UTC)
ladybugstamper

Was thanked: 496 time(s) in 253 post(s)
Step one: Be on a project or open a new project, you'll see the mat

Step two: Touch the little keypad on the lower right it will take you to the last overlay/cartridge used

Step three: Touch the white box with the cartridge name it will take you to a screen. Across the top of the screen is the word SHOW: and it will say All Cartridges and there is also a downward pointing triangle in a circle.

Step four: Touch the triangle in a circle, you'll get a drop down screen that gives you three options

All Cartridges - every cartridge PC has added through the updates (linked cartridges are Black or Dark Green. Unlinked cartridges are Red)

Linked Cartridges - every cartridge you've linked to your Gypsy (all will be black or dark green)

Cartridges in Use - If you're using more than one cartridge on a design and forgot where the image came from this is really helpful.

Step five: Under the Show: Box, you will see all the cartridges that are linked in a dark color and you can scroll down for the cartridge you are looking for.

Hope this helps
 1 user thanked ladybugstamper for this useful post.
Grandma Choo Choo on 12/8/2010(UTC)
#24 Posted : Wednesday, December 08, 2010 10:49:00 PM(UTC)
Grandma Choo Choo

Thank You so much! That really helped. I was not getting the screens/icons on my gypsy that you were talking about.I didn't have the picture feature,drop down menu or anything like that. That is why I was having trouble. I must have done something wrong when I tried to sync/update the Gypsy the first time. So, I uninstalled it, made sure everything else was updated, then redid everything again and it worked!!!BigGrin BigGrin. Again Thank You for taking the time and writing down each step.
LemonDropMemories Offline
#25 Posted : Monday, August 04, 2014 7:45:15 PM(UTC)
LemonDropMemories

United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: go-go Go to Quoted Post

If you don't have a Gypsy but do have a computer with Cricut Craft Room (and I think this also applies to Cricut Design Space), you can tell if a cart is linked:

After selecting the images you want to cut in that cart in CCR, you insert the cart into your machine (and make sure CCR knows which one you're using) and the click on Cut. If your cart is already linked, you'll get this message:

If you want to learn more about linking and so forth, you can go to this blog.

Originally Posted by: go-go Go to Quoted Post
I've heard stories of dishonest people opening packages in stores, secretly linking the cartridge to their Gypsy, then putting the cartridge back in the packaging. I just am curious if this is why there was an open package.

I guess that's now why the stores keep them locked behind the counters or in a case and won't allow people to return them if the package is opened (if the cart's defective, then cricut will handle that).

Edited by user Monday, August 04, 2014 7:48:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: combining posts

golfingrams Offline
#26 Posted : Monday, August 04, 2014 8:43:49 PM(UTC)
golfingrams

Was thanked: 411 time(s) in 364 post(s)
Betsy Boo where did you get your cute pic/avitar. TIA Patti