Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

carennewman Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, December 06, 2010 7:15:24 AM(UTC)
carennewman

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 149 time(s) in 107 post(s)
Do you own a sleeve and is the design on the back or are they solid colors? Do you have the hard case and does the Gypsy if in it with the sleeve on? Also is the soft quilted purse like bag handy and does the Gypsy fit in it with the hard case? Last ? do you have the power plug for the house and do you keep your Gypsy plug in all the time?
momof_4 Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, December 06, 2010 8:05:21 AM(UTC)
momof_4

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 23 post(s)
carennewman wrote:
Do you own a sleeve and is the design on the back or are they solid colors? Do you have the hard case and does the Gypsy if in it with the sleeve on? Also is the soft quilted purse like bag handy and does the Gypsy fit in it with the hard case? Last ? do you have the power plug for the house and do you keep your Gypsy plug in all the time?

I have the cherry blossom sleeve, and the design is on the back as well. I love it. Love
I have the brown quilted purse/bag, and it is so cute. It has light pink courderoy on the inside, and is super soft. I have my gypsy in it, and in the front pocket I have the car charger, extra stylus, cord that links cart. to gypsy, and a couple other things.

I don't leave my gypsy plugged in all the time, only when it needs charged, which is not too often. (I do have the power plug for the house, it comes with the gypsy.)
Nisa Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, December 06, 2010 12:44:35 PM(UTC)
Nisa

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I have the Pink Bling case on mine....and yes, there is a design on the back. Even with the case on, it still fits in the protective sleeve that comes with the Gypsy. I bought a bag from Target to carry mine in. It's adorable and it holds all my Gypsy stuff.BigGrin
Jannarama Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, December 06, 2010 7:55:22 PM(UTC)
Jannarama

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
carennewman wrote:
Do you own a sleeve and is the design on the back or are they solid colors?

I found a Gold with black/white design silicone sleeve on clearance at Michael's for $9.99 a couple months ago. That's the only color they offered, which was fine, coz it's Pittsburgh Steelers colors! ;-) There are cut outs for the vent, the reset, the plugs, the pen & the wrist lanyard. Plus it comes with an extra stylus! There was also a screen protector, but I wasn't happy with that, so that's gone.

When I got my Gypsy (from hsn.com) it came with a neoprene type sleeve that slipped onto the side of it. The silicone sleeve I bought is like a 'body glove' so to speak. A Lot nicer, IMHO.

The Gypsy also came with a carry-bag, that has room for the Gypsy, the cords and any extra things you can think of. It was supposed to come with a shoulder strap, but for some reason mine didn't have one. No biggie, coz I don't carry mine around. I just store all the cords in it, so I know where they are.

Quote:
Do you have the hard case and does the Gypsy if in it with the sleeve on? Also is the soft quilted purse like bag handy and does the Gypsy fit in it with the hard case?

I don't have the hard case, so I can't answer this.

Quote:
Last ? do you have the power plug for the house and do you keep your Gypsy plug in all the time?

I do have the power plug for the house, by my crafting area. I don't leave the Gypsy plugged in all the time. I charge it, and then unplug it. I do leave the power cord plugged in though. It also came with a travel charger, but I've never used that.
MegansMum Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, December 07, 2010 2:39:44 PM(UTC)
MegansMum

carennewman wrote:

I have the Cherry Blossom sleeve and LOVE it! Really cute design on the back BigGrin
The quilted purse ROCKS! Totaly cute and my Gypsy fits nicely inside, the little zipper pocket holds my car charger, cable to link cartridges, cable to hook up to my cricut and the cable to hook to my computer. It has a thin sholder strap but I hardly ever use it, I can stick the whole thing down in my purse when I take it with me. I've never even seen the hard case so can't answer any questions on that.
I only plug it in at home or in the car to charge it. The home charger came ith it and I keep it stored in the box my Gypsy came in along with all the papers and such that came with it. The car charger I bought at Michales along with my Gypsy and am soooo happy I bought it, I was keeping it in the car but after having to hunt all over the car to find it after hubby moved it the charger now stays wiht my G.
scrapsprite Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, December 07, 2010 2:54:51 PM(UTC)
scrapsprite

Was thanked: 103 time(s) in 93 post(s)
I just snagged a deal at M's. They had the silicone covers (pink crown, cherry blossoms, orange, green, and black)for 12.99 and when it rang up, the cashier said it wasn't considered a sale item so I was able to use a 50% coupon on it - got cherry blossoms for 6.50.

I asked about the hard case in another thread and someone replied that you can fit the G with a silicone sleeve in the hard case but nothing else.

I do not keep my G plugged in all the time. Some have commented that they've had trouble with the G shutting off when it's over charged. I just charge when needed or plug in if I'm updating or cutting for a long time.
CanadaJanice Offline
#7 Posted : Tuesday, December 07, 2010 4:34:56 PM(UTC)
CanadaJanice

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 66 post(s)
I have the gold and black silicone, which I love.

I just bought the hard case; it fits in perfectly fine with the silicone sleeve on, and now I don't have to worry about the G gettng damaged when Itoss it in my purse.

I refused to carry a diaper bag when my children were small because I like my pretty purses too much, so I would never consider getting a bag for my G -- no way it would meet my standards!LOL
MaryC Offline
#8 Posted : Thursday, December 09, 2010 10:29:10 AM(UTC)
MaryC

Was thanked: 91 time(s) in 84 post(s)
carennewman wrote:

I have a silicone sleeve and I love that it seems to help me grip the gypsy well while designing. I wait until my power light turns red before I recharge to get the full charge/recharge of the battery. I have had to plug it in while cutting out a project because the red warning light came on, and all worked well as I continued my project.

I rarely take my gypsy out with me, but when I do I only use the sleeve that came with it. It fits nicely in my purse and protects the screen.
scrapinkel Offline
#9 Posted : Thursday, December 09, 2010 10:46:13 AM(UTC)
scrapinkel

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 9 post(s)
I had the solid green cover for my G but on Black Friday I took advatage of M's half price sale on G accessories and picked up the cherry blossom one and then also used my 20% off entire coupon on it so I got it at a good price.

I also have the brown and pink bag to carry my G to crops. I got that on the reward site in the spring and I love it.

I do not keep my G plugged in all of the time just when it needs to be charged, so I keep the plug in the brown/pink bag so I always have it with me.

I also have the black with pink trim bag that came with the bundle I bought from HSN. It is nice because it carries alot of stuff but I only store my cords I am not using in it at this time,
MonicaBuddecke Offline
#10 Posted : Friday, December 10, 2010 9:06:48 AM(UTC)
MonicaBuddecke

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I have the black and pink nylon sleeve that came in the box with the Gypsy and actually found a silicone sleeve with extra stylus and a clear protective screen cover that came as a package at M's this summer. It was on a clearance table for about $7(Canadian, by the way)such an awsome deal

with the silicone sleeve on , it still fits in the other nylon sleeve, but with no room to spare. The nylon sleeve obviously comes off when you are using it.

I was at a tool supply store with hubby and found a really cute pink tool bag, slightly smaller than an electritian's tote and it had a wide variety of small house hold tools in it. (little screwdrivers, allan wrenches, and stuff for around the house)I gave all the tools to one of my daughters and now the G fits nicely in my tool bag, also have room for about a dozen books and overlays, and all the cords.

the reason I carry some books and overlays is because they are in color and have lots of ideas( usually a project in the front of the book, etc) and I like to look them over as I am so new to the G and E.

I only charge my G when it is dangerously low on juice, however, I will also plug in during a cut, just in case.