Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

sharlenesmith Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 22, 2010 7:08:37 AM(UTC)
sharlenesmith

Groups: Registered

I use a lot of craft foam in projects that I sell & I am wondering can I use my Cricut Expressions to cut shapes?? Craft foam comes in sheets. Would I need the thick cut blade??? Has anyone used craft foam with their Cricut Expressions??

Edited by user Wednesday, December 22, 2010 7:10:30 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

britmckenzie1 Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 22, 2010 8:39:38 AM(UTC)
britmckenzie1

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 12 post(s)
i used the deep blade and also put it on 6 the very deepest to insure a good cut also did multi cut at 2 the best guarantee would be a clean mat
however after cutting you will need to manually pull it from the foam but ever so carefully takes a few minutes of time but they turn out great
hope this helps
Chiddy Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 22, 2010 8:54:38 AM(UTC)
Chiddy

Was thanked: 153 time(s) in 78 post(s)
Yep! Definitely use the deep cut blade and housing with multi-cut. The regular blade and housing even with multi-cut won't cut all the way through the craft foam sheets.
Andie Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, December 22, 2010 9:05:39 AM(UTC)
Andie

Was thanked: 42 time(s) in 26 post(s)
I have cut the glittered craft foam. I, too, used my deep cut blade and used the deepest (6) blade setting. I cut the buckle from the Thanksgiving cartridge (for use as Santa's buckle on candle decorations for Christmas paired with black elastic). The cut was simple and I didn't have to use multi-cut. A clean mat is very important, but I didn't have to pull my cuts apart. I did have a few that sort of ripped along rather than making a clean cut. I think this had to do with the blade finding a piece of glitter that wouldn't cut and created a problem. It really didn't matter much as only a very few were affected. Hope this helps