Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

bubbles1893 Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 11, 2011 5:55:32 PM(UTC)
bubbles1893

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 7 post(s)
So crazy me decided to get married this April! Super excited but I would like to make most of my decorations. The color scheme is purple, cream and light pink. I've already started to make my wedding advice album and am planning on making those sour cream containers. Not sure if I should make them now or wait until the week of. Any other ideas. Oh and it's going to be a backyard affair, so very casual.
DeeScraps Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 11, 2011 8:06:14 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Was thanked: 743 time(s) in 574 post(s)
I would Google Cricut Wedding favors and see what comes up.

I ike the little candy wrappers with the name and date on them.

Dee
bubbles1893 Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 11, 2011 8:28:02 PM(UTC)
bubbles1893

I found this awsome wedding book to make from someone on this message board but they used this library pockets from a cart that I dont' have. Does anyone know any tags and holders that I can use. I have the tags and more cart.
GypsyDeb Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 12, 2011 7:17:11 PM(UTC)
GypsyDeb

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 436 time(s) in 295 post(s)
check out this blog...doesn't looked like anyone has posted on it in a while but there are some nice ideas.

http://weddingswiththecricut.blogspot.com/
scrapalette Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 12, 2011 9:20:05 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19094 time(s) in 8532 post(s)
For my niece's wedding, I made lots of things. Some with my Cricut and some not. Using the Cricut, I made the rehearsal dinner invites and dinner menu cards, the wedding program, the table assignment board and table numbers, the reception menu cards, labels for the candy bar, the card box, the guest book, the sparklers, the gift baskets, the shower invites, name tags for the Bride, MOB, MOG and grandmother of the groom, the favor and some decorations.

Non Cricut, I did the flower girl basket, ring bearer pillow, unity candles, photo collages and charms for the Bride and Bridesmaids bouquets.

I really need to get the pictures together and post them!
SouthernVintage Offline
#6 Posted : Thursday, January 13, 2011 12:50:16 PM(UTC)
SouthernVintage

United States

Was thanked: 801 time(s) in 713 post(s)
I would say do it now if you have the time. April will be here before you know it and you don't want to do everything at the last minute. At least the paper crafts parts.
bubbles1893 Offline
#7 Posted : Thursday, January 13, 2011 12:52:53 PM(UTC)
bubbles1893

So far I've made the guest book and started to make sour cream containers I just havent sealed the top of them yet. I'm going with a monogram theme and need to put our monograms on them. As soon as I'm done I'm going to post the pictures. I'm also trying to make a Mr & Mrs. banner.
Tam68 Offline
#8 Posted : Thursday, January 13, 2011 2:13:59 PM(UTC)
Tam68

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Congratulations!

I just got married in July 2010. Our wedding was also very small and casual, and I did a lot of things myself. Just speaking from my own experience, if you have the time now, I would get as much done as you can in advance rather than waiting until the week before. I had so many things that I just couldn't get done because I was busier than I thought the week before the wedding. (My biggest regret... we had cupcakes instead of a traditional wedding cake, and I really wanted to make some of those cute cupcake sleeves for them, but I just ran out of time! I think our poor cupcakes looked kind of naked.)

I can't wait to see photos of the things you make for your wedding! Now I'm working on a scrapbook of ours. :)

- Tami
CatherineKoon Offline
#9 Posted : Friday, January 14, 2011 10:27:38 AM(UTC)
CatherineKoon

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 10 post(s)
I tried the sour cream containers for Halloween last year and didn't have a good experience with them. They kept popping open. I tried several tape runners and none seemed to hold it. One person suggested a glue gun, and I actually thought about it. Someone else on the board told me they won't stay sealed very long. Just a word of caution to check how long the glue will hold. I didn't understand it either b/c the same adhesive is holding my scrapbooks pages together????
CatherineKoon Offline
#10 Posted : Friday, January 14, 2011 10:30:03 AM(UTC)
CatherineKoon

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Also, check the cricut page on facebook. There was a request asking for ideas. Several pics were added and lots of comments. I need to add the ones used last year in a wedding I helped with.
DeeScraps Offline
#11 Posted : Friday, January 14, 2011 1:22:52 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Was thanked: 743 time(s) in 574 post(s)
scrapalette wrote:
For my niece's wedding, I made lots of things. Some with my Cricut and some not. Using the Cricut, I made the rehearsal dinner invites and dinner menu cards, the wedding program, the table assignment board and table numbers, the reception menu cards, labels for the candy bar, the card box, the guest book, the sparklers, the gift baskets, the shower invites, name tags for the Bride, MOB, MOG and grandmother of the groom, the favor and some decorations.

Non Cricut, I did the flower girl basket, ring bearer pillow, unity candles, photo collages and charms for the Bride and Bridesmaids bouquets.

Wow, all this sounds wonderful. Please post the photos soon. I was planning on making some of those sour cream containers, but the idea of them not sticking has me worried.

Dee
charnascarpati Offline
#12 Posted : Monday, January 17, 2011 7:19:49 PM(UTC)
charnascarpati

scrapalette wrote:

I would love to see the pictures! I am helping a friend, and getting ideas for mine.

Charna
AlyaMama Offline
#13 Posted : Monday, January 17, 2011 10:35:25 PM(UTC)
AlyaMama

Was thanked: 238 time(s) in 200 post(s)
For the sour cream containers yopu could always put a staple on the ends then cover the staple with a perl or rhinestone or a little bow.

Just a thought

Angie
☼scrappingjoy☼ Offline
#14 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2011 7:47:31 PM(UTC)
☼scrappingjoy☼

Was thanked: 73 time(s) in 50 post(s)
I did tons of stuff for my daughters wedding and niece. I have a lot posted on my blog. I did invitations, favors for two different weddings, flowers for my niece, albums, and on and on. can't remember them all but feel free to check out my blog.
☼scrappingjoy☼ Offline
#15 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2011 7:50:00 PM(UTC)
☼scrappingjoy☼

Was thanked: 73 time(s) in 50 post(s)
oops remembered I did a several signs that I put in frames for the cookie table and the welcome table. Did bows for pews, placecards, etched wine glasses, memory vase , programs, etc.
dscrapper Offline
#16 Posted : Thursday, January 20, 2011 7:31:31 PM(UTC)
dscrapper

Was thanked: 42 time(s) in 25 post(s)
CatherineKoon wrote:
I tried the sour cream containers for Halloween last year and didn't have a good experience with them. They kept popping open. I tried several tape runners and none seemed to hold it. One person suggested a glue gun, and I actually thought about it. Someone else on the board told me they won't stay sealed very long. Just a word of caution to check how long the glue will hold. I didn't understand it either b/c the same adhesive is holding my scrapbooks pages together????

This depends on the type of paper you use AND the adhesive. I made some for a baby shower. I made them about a month in advance and I didn't have any problems with them opening up. I used Stampin' Up! cardstock and RED STICKY STRIP!!! If you are going to make these, the red sticky strip tape is my suggestion. I also crimped the edges. I think that helped to 'seal' them together.
Doxieluv01 Offline
#17 Posted : Thursday, January 20, 2011 7:37:45 PM(UTC)
Doxieluv01

Was thanked: 2263 time(s) in 1789 post(s)
dscrapper wrote:
This depends on the type of paper you use AND the adhesive. I made some for a baby shower. I made them about a month in advance and I didn't have any problems with them opening up. I used Stampin' Up! cardstock and RED STICKY STRIP!!! If you are going to make these, the red sticky strip tape is my suggestion. I also crimped the edges. I think that helped to 'seal' them together.

ditto to what she said BigGrin
bubbles1893 Offline
#18 Posted : Wednesday, February 02, 2011 5:34:32 PM(UTC)
bubbles1893

Here are two of the items that I had simi finished. The guest book and the sour cream containers. More info at my blog http://mscoles.blogspot....cker-but-great-news.html
File Attachment(s):
20110202_1.JPG (3,749kb) downloaded 96 time(s).
20110202_2.JPG (3,654kb) downloaded 55 time(s).
20110202_3.JPG (3,827kb) downloaded 49 time(s).
NicoleAllen Offline
#19 Posted : Thursday, February 03, 2011 6:23:49 AM(UTC)
NicoleAllen

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
So many ideas, here. My daughter is getting married next year in September. It will be outside on a farm. We will be making the invitations and other things. Going to check out some of the places mentioned here and hopefully get some great ideas to show her. Thanks for sharing.
Christine Sekora Offline
#20 Posted : Thursday, February 03, 2011 10:51:45 AM(UTC)
Christine Sekora

Was thanked: 96 time(s) in 38 post(s)
I made these and sold them just before Christmas...had Chocolate bars in them but I also sold them with a piece of card stock that you could place a gift card on or wrap put money on. You pull up on the ribbon then the gift slides up.
You could use them for thank you's for your wedding party members if you wanted BigGrin

I can go look at my notes on the measurements if you want to know how I made them. Can't remember off the top of my head
AndreaSimington Offline
#21 Posted : Thursday, February 03, 2011 10:03:05 PM(UTC)
AndreaSimington

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I have made the sour cream containers and using double sided tape I have ones still sealed from last Halloween. I they would be a very nice touch and easy to make ahead. Best of luck.