Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

CTDaffodil Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 15, 2011 8:42:50 AM(UTC)
CTDaffodil

Groups: Registered

Hi - i have the personal cricut - I love it but I'm wondering - -is there a way to join the letters in a word? I just cut out a long word and had to stick each letter down on my scrapbook page individually. It was as painful as using stickers again only this time I had enough vowelsLove.

Any hints/helps would really be appreciated. I don't have the software or a gypsy and was hoping to keep the costs down....
patricialewis@verizon.net Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 15, 2011 9:07:57 AM(UTC)
patricialewis@verizon.net

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 56 post(s)
Hi the only way I know is using designer studio.it will let you weld letters
together, Oh the gypsy will let do weld letters together, I have the designer
studio. Someone else may know another way. check out michaels they had the
designer studio for $49.00
Doxieluv01 Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, January 15, 2011 11:18:14 AM(UTC)
Doxieluv01

Was thanked: 2263 time(s) in 1789 post(s)
there isn't a way to do so with the machine and cartridges alone. You will need design studio or a gypsy to do that.

You can download the trial version of DS here http://www.cricut.com/cds/Update.aspx

with the trial version you will only be able to cut with the cartridge that came with your machine (George - original cricut, Don Juan - Create, and Accent Essentials and Plantin Schoolbook - Expression)
CricketCMV Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 16, 2011 12:03:49 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 8271 time(s) in 4873 post(s)
Do you have Plantin Schoolbook? Or, Lyrical Letters?

I'll try to find a card I did some time ago with Plantin Schoolbook where I didn't have to put all the letters on one at a time. I merely used the End Caps feature on Plantin and made a strip of the words/phrase I wanted to use and glued the strip down on my project/card.

I believe Lyrical Letters puts the letters together for you when you use the same creative feature for each letter. Does anyone else know and/or do you have a card to post to show how Lyrical Letters works?

EDIT: Don't know why but I just tried to "edit" and what I typed didn't show up here; so, I'm trying again. The "Let it Snow" was not Plantin Schoolbook. The blue card, I did with Plantin.

Many times, I use the inverted part (the part I take the letters off; but, I have to keep the little pieces to put into the inverted "e"s, "a"s, "d"s, etc.) to make another card.

Char

Edited by user Sunday, January 16, 2011 12:24:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CricketCMV attached the following image(s):
2009 CC Number 17 to Cricut.jpg
2010  3-7-10 Happy Birthday Becky Russell 002.jpg
Doxieluv01 Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, January 16, 2011 12:10:19 PM(UTC)
Doxieluv01

Was thanked: 2263 time(s) in 1789 post(s)
CricketCMV wrote:
I believe Lyrical Letters puts the letters together for you when you use the same creative feature for each letter. Does anyone else know and/or do you have a card to post to show how Lyrical Letters works?

Char

Never heard of this. Lyrical Letters has different fonts but doesn't have an end cap function like Plantin
CricketCMV Offline
#6 Posted : Sunday, January 16, 2011 12:17:35 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Doxieluv01 wrote:
Never heard of this. Lyrical Letters has different fonts but doesn't have an end cap function like Plantin

I have it; maybe I'll go try it out in a few minutes. It looks to me like the letters will hook together, much like if you are welding them together. I'll come back to post what I find out.

Char
CricketCMV Offline
#7 Posted : Sunday, January 16, 2011 1:32:01 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

I thought I remembered that Lyrical Letters was a cart you could use that put the letters together for you; in hurriedly trying to figure it out, I went to my "E" to see.

I'm not sure what it does; however, I did come up with the inverted part of my cutouts being acceptable for use on a card. I use the inverted parts all the time and I don't mind using them. Maybe you, LIANNE, would not like this effect. It isn't like using one letter at a time, granted.

CricketCMV attached the following image(s):
Thank You Sample.jpg
CricketCMV Offline
#8 Posted : Sunday, January 16, 2011 1:37:01 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Lyrical Letters actually has a CREATIVE FEATURE called "CONNECTED"! I used it on the "Thank You" above, but it did absolutely nothing! If "CONNECTED" doesn't mean the letters would connect, I don't know what it would mean! They didn't connect. LOL!!!!! (I merely used scrap paper to cut this out; all you would have to do on an actual project is keep the little inside part of the "a" and the "o".

Sorry if this isn't helpful to you, Lianne!

- Char