Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

okscrappinmama Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 23, 2011 6:32:11 AM(UTC)
okscrappinmama

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 72 time(s) in 55 post(s)
So, I posted a different ?? that I had probs downloading car decals (the software wouldn't update in my G). I had to do a reformat. After trying for 3 hrs last night--because the reformat sat in one place for 1 hr 15 not showing any bars...I turned it all off.

This morning I got up to restart the reformat again and My G. is stuck in the "loading" stage. I got the stylus end out and turned off the G. Waited 5 min and tried to restart again. Same thing, gets stuck. Tried again, same thing. Also did the "hit top left button (zoom), menu and start at same time" got the multicolor screen and then still sits at "loading."

Geez, I totally messed up my G. NO ACTUALLY PC screwed up my G by not having the servers right and taking 10 zillion years to attempt to reformat and it did a number on my G!! Thanks PC and guess who will be calling you today so your mess up can replace my G....then I will wait 8 weeks to get another....

All this carp because all I wanted was the car decals software to show up on my G. So I could link it! To think I was completely up to date 24 hours ago and working great till I wanted to reformat.

Any other ideas before I call and wait fooooorrrrreeeeevver to talk to PC?

Thanks!

Donya

Edited by user Wednesday, February 23, 2011 7:25:23 AM(UTC)  | Reason: revise

gcmcevoy Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 23, 2011 7:55:19 AM(UTC)
gcmcevoy

United States

Was thanked: 702 time(s) in 607 post(s)
Do you have you G free from your computer? Try the soft reset (the pin in the back)make sure your machine is plugged into an outlet and try the hard reset again(zoom,menu,power). I don't think you messed up your Gypsy by doing the reset,I think it will be ok once the server comes up. I just got my G back from PC yesterday and couldn't update so I called an actually got a person in about ten min which was great! The Cs told me the server should be fixed by 6pm mt yesterday,which I guess it wasn't. Sorry you are so upset,not that I blame you. I think that they are going thru some growing pains and they really need some good tech people in place before they continue with their new ventures(craft room).
 1 user thanked gcmcevoy for this useful post.
okscrappinmama on 2/23/2011(UTC)
okscrappinmama Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 23, 2011 8:03:31 AM(UTC)
okscrappinmama

Originally Posted by: GinaMcEvoy Go to Quoted Post
Do you have you G free from your computer? Try the soft reset (the pin in the back)make sure your machine is plugged into an outlet and try the hard reset again(zoom,menu,power). I don't think you messed up your Gypsy by doing the reset,I think it will be ok once the server comes up. I just got my G back from PC yesterday and couldn't update so I called an actually got a person in about ten min which was great! The Cs told me the server should be fixed by 6pm mt yesterday,which I guess it wasn't. Sorry you are so upset,not that I blame you. I think that they are going thru some growing pains and they really need some good tech people in place before they continue with their new ventures(craft room).

Thank you Gina....I have done both hard and soft reset probably 10x this morning and it just sits on black "loading" screen.....20 minutes at one point, and it just does nothing. My G. is charged and it has been plugged in during all my reset attempts.

I thought I was safe trying to reformat late last night. Guess not since it just sat with no bars to show the updating. I blame PC lack of communication and the tech/computer/server prob for messing up my Gypsy. I had no problems EVER with having to do a hard or soft reset till I tried to reformat my Gypsy last night.

Let this be a lesson to everyone....don't be too energetic to do updates till all us other guinea pigs test the waters for you and end up screwing up our gypsy's! BigGrin BigGrin

Donya
okscrappinmama Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 23, 2011 10:00:02 AM(UTC)
okscrappinmama

I have to send my G. back for a new one. Attempting to do all that just to get car decals to try to load messed up my G. I was told by customer service trying to do all this while sync messed up probably was the cause.
I figured by late last night all this was ok. So, I do fault lack of communication from PC (on this board or sending out emails or something) that cricut sync is safe to use for helping me to mess up my G.

Stay away from cricut sync till you get the all clear it is ok...pleeeaaaassseee!!! BigGrin

Donya