Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Marfy Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 24, 2011 7:39:52 PM(UTC)
Marfy

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 66 time(s) in 33 post(s)
Ok am now getting that message when I try to log in... Any ideas how to fix this please?
CricketCMV Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, September 24, 2011 8:04:59 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 8072 time(s) in 4722 post(s)
Sorry, but I'm not hooked up to CCR right now (got a new computer and don't want to hook CCR up on it, and I'm using old monitor on new computer until my new monitor comes in)!

What I think might be happening is that CCR is down right now (for maintenance). If you only tried a few times this evening, I would say try again in a half hour or so and see if it's working. If not, it may be that they're trying to fix some things (it's late and maybe they figured out giving bridge errors might work better at night when maybe not so many people are on CCR) for us. It's a nice thought, isn't it?

I hope it does start working for you, soon. Let us know if it does. Some of us worry about the rest of you when you're having problems and we like to know things get resolved!

Char
Marfy Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, September 24, 2011 9:07:53 PM(UTC)
Marfy

It's been doing this for a couple of weeks now, since I did the last update.......what does a bridge error mean anyway?

Edited by user Saturday, September 24, 2011 9:09:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

mallorym Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, September 26, 2011 8:58:06 AM(UTC)
mallorym

Groups: Circle Member, Registered, Cricut Community Moderator
United States

Was thanked: 338 time(s) in 120 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Marfy Go to Quoted Post
It's been doing this for a couple of weeks now, since I did the last update.......what does a bridge error mean anyway?

Check out post #23 in this thread.

Bridge errors are occurring more frequently on Windows 7 machines and/or with Expression2 or Imagine machines. Are you using Windows 7, E2, or Imagine? We are currently working on making adjustments to the Craft Room code to prevent bridge errors. Watch for an update to Craft Room over the next several days. When an update is available, CCR will prompt you to install it right when you open the application. Then let me know if you still have this problem.

Mallory

1 user thanked mallorym for this useful post.
Marfy on 9/26/2011(UTC)
Marfy Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, September 26, 2011 2:10:52 PM(UTC)
Marfy

Thanks for the reply! Nope, im using vista. Will the update help me too? I get my bridge error as soon as i try to login, dont even have my E connected to the puter.

Edited by user Monday, September 26, 2011 2:15:31 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

mallorym Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2011 9:55:36 AM(UTC)
mallorym

Groups: Circle Member, Registered, Cricut Community Moderator
United States

Was thanked: 338 time(s) in 120 post(s)
Thanks for the reply! Nope, im using vista. Will the update help me too? I get my bridge error as soon as i try to login, dont even have my E connected to the puter.

I wonder if it is an antivirus program blocking the application. What antivirus program is installed on your computer?
lovethatbug Offline
#7 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2011 10:24:52 AM(UTC)
lovethatbug

Was thanked: 327 time(s) in 228 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mallorym Go to Quoted Post
I wonder if it is an antivirus program blocking the application. What antivirus program is installed on your computer?

I get the same bridge error 99% of the time. I am using Windows 7 and/or Windows Vista, and the same thing happens regardless of what computer I am using. The only machine I want to use with CCR is the Imagine, and from what I read, a lot of Imagine users and CE2 users are getting the same error.
My Vista computer has no antivirus on it, and the Windows 7 I have it turned it off
cricutkris Offline
#8 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2011 9:47:44 AM(UTC)
cricutkris

Was thanked: 448 time(s) in 225 post(s)
I am running trend micro and just noticed that if I turn it off, 1. ccr runs faster, and 2. bridge error is elimiated. I have only tested this a short time but I was having all kinds of no reponse problems from my Imagine and bridge errors. I turned it off and it print/cut 1st time no problems.

I reported this to Chris who passed it on to the CCR team.

Kris
CricketCMV Offline
#9 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2011 9:57:31 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Doesn't it seem there would be a way for PC to get around all these Anti-Virus problems with the Anti-Virus companies (I know there are probably a lot of them out there). It seems to me PC should take some responsibility with those companies to ALLOW PC's interfaces (don't know if I said that right) to work with their programs.

Can anyone answer this question? The reason I think it's PC's responsibility to care about their customers experiences with these new programs they give to us FREE (I know, it's FREE--what can we expect) and work it out with the Anti-Virus companies is because they should care enough about their customers to get this worked out for us.

THE AVERAGE COMPUTER USER does not even know how to get to their Anti-Virus programs (maybe I'm not giving them enough credit) to turn them off.

Char

Edited by user Wednesday, September 28, 2011 9:59:20 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

lovethatbug Offline
#10 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2011 11:58:50 AM(UTC)
lovethatbug

Originally Posted by: CricketCMV Go to Quoted Post
Doesn't it seem there would be a way for PC to get around all these Anti-Virus problems with the Anti-Virus companies (I know there are probably a lot of them out there). It seems to me PC should take some responsibility with those companies to ALLOW PC's interfaces (don't know if I said that right) to work with their programs.

Can anyone answer this question? The reason I think it's PC's responsibility to care about their customers experiences with these new programs they give to us FREE (I know, it's FREE--what can we expect) and work it out with the Anti-Virus companies is because they should care enough about their customers to get this worked out for us.

THE AVERAGE COMPUTER USER does not even know how to get to their Anti-Virus programs (maybe I'm not giving them enough credit) to turn them off.

Char

I completely agree. I would much rather pay $50.00 for this software and not have to worry about all these errors or turning off the anti-virus. I am not even sure if I turned it off correctly on my PC and that could be why I am getting the errors. Like I said, I would rather pay for a more reliable software that I know would work if I wanted to use it. I do appreciate this is free and I am grateful for it, but I also really wish PC would figure out how to fix all the issues with it. The bridge errors and not the only issues
Stacy
 1 user thanked lovethatbug for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 9/29/2011(UTC)
cricutkris Offline
#11 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2011 4:08:01 PM(UTC)
cricutkris

Was thanked: 448 time(s) in 225 post(s)
According to PCWORLD Trend Micro is one of the top 5 paid anti-virus programs. One would expect that the software would work with at least the top 10.

But, maybe there is some trickery in Trend Micro that makes it a bit harder to work around. I'm not in the field anymore but I remember a time where Norton would work but McAfee gave us fits.

I still have to turn Trend Micro off to use the sync program. Will not connect to any device even tho I put it in the exception list. Mad I don't like running commando on the internet....hehe....
 1 user thanked cricutkris for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 9/29/2011(UTC)
lovethatbug Offline
#12 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2011 4:38:28 PM(UTC)
lovethatbug

Originally Posted by: cricutkris Go to Quoted Post
I don't like running commando on the internet....hehe....

To funny, I almost spit out my drink. But also very true
CricketCMV Offline
#13 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2011 10:21:58 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

I use WINDOWS XP, NORTON ANTI-VIRUS (which I don't have to turn off when I'm working with CCR), 2GB RAM (I understand you should have 1GB to 1.5GB RAM to run CCR--so, if you are maxing out your RAM, be sure you don't have other programs on your toolbar at the same time you're trying to use CCR.

While I had some problem with BRIDGE ERRORS after BUILD 59, that got resolved after BUILD 60, I am no longer having problems.

From what I've read, WINDOWS 7 users are still having problems in CCR and I think mallorym has said they're working on this.

Char
Marfy Offline
#14 Posted : Saturday, October 01, 2011 7:12:57 PM(UTC)
Marfy

ran the new update, still got me that error...disabled AVG virus...enabled everything CCR on zone alarm...... still nada, CCRBridge.exe error...help please!

Edited by user Saturday, October 01, 2011 9:14:56 PM(UTC)  | Reason: added info

janneljump Offline
#15 Posted : Monday, November 14, 2011 1:19:22 PM(UTC)
janneljump

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

I had the same problem here, turned off firewalls and antivirus and it still did not work,

Although once Zone Alarm was completely uninstalled It suddenly worked!

I think this is due to how craft room accesses CCRBridge, the security program must think it is trying to change or control other programs, not sure.
Debbie G Offline
#16 Posted : Monday, November 14, 2011 3:07:57 PM(UTC)
Debbie G

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 32 post(s)
I get the bridge error everytime my Gypsy and my Machine are connected via usb at the same time.
Narelle Offline
#17 Posted : Monday, November 14, 2011 4:19:35 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7858 time(s) in 3675 post(s)
ran the new update, still got me that error...disabled AVG virus...enabled everything CCR on zone alarm...... still nada, CCRBridge.exe error...help please!

Could you try exiting out of ALL your security programs. Not just disabling. Totally exiting. Also make sure you don't have Windows Firewall and Windows Defender turned on. (They're in your Windows Control Panel)