Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

JennLorist Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2011 10:13:07 AM(UTC)
JennLorist

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 68 time(s) in 46 post(s)
I had read on one of the forums that you could use any wifi adpater on the market, well silly me took my E2 to Staples and the nice guy helped me try to find an adapter that would work but PC has made there plug special so all of us that want wifi are stuck with buying there wifi whenever the decide to release it to us!! I am MAD because of the fact that they hyped up that the E2 AE was going to have wifi capabilities in the near future and then they had the nerve to release it on the new E2 without even considering all of the thousands of people who purchased what we thought was going to be a once in a lifetime E2 AE with all the bells and whistles, well that is not the case and I will never buy another launch item again and maybe not even buy a PC product again. I have the original E and haven't updated it because I like the freedom of using SCAL!!! So haha PC!!! lol

Jenn
Mercy Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, September 30, 2011 9:11:48 AM(UTC)
Mercy

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2082 time(s) in 1202 post(s)
Originally Posted by: JennLorist Go to Quoted Post
I had read on one of the forums that you could use any wifi adpater on the market, well silly me took my E2 to Staples and the nice guy helped me try to find an adapter that would work but PC has made there plug special so all of us that want wifi are stuck with buying there wifi whenever the decide to release it to us!! I am MAD because of the fact that they hyped up that the E2 AE was going to have wifi capabilities in the near future and then they had the nerve to release it on the new E2 without even considering all of the thousands of people who purchased what we thought was going to be a once in a lifetime E2 AE with all the bells and whistles, well that is not the case and I will never buy another launch item again and maybe not even buy a PC product again. I have the original E and haven't updated it because I like the freedom of using SCAL!!! So haha PC!!! lol

Jenn

Even if you have the adapter from PC, unless pc has released the driver in CCR, it does you no good. It appears that CCR will be the command center for the adapter as thus far, that probably will be the only software (including the g) that will work with the wireless adapters. Oh, perhaps C Sync for the updates in which I do not believe that has driver has been released as well.
mycricut Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, September 30, 2011 2:31:53 PM(UTC)
mycricut

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 13 post(s)
I just got my E2 from HSN today. The wireless adapter did work, connected to my home network and downloaded a firmware update. I could not figure out how to cut wireless from the CCR so I called Provocraft support and was told that it is not an option, that it is wireless only for updates and that it will have to be connected via usb chord to cut from CCR. I asked if it ever will be able to cut wireless from the CCR and the rep said she does not know, they don't share that type of information with them.

So not happy. If I have to get the usb chord out to cut, why not get it out to update it as well. I don't understand the whole point of it being wireless then.
 1 user thanked mycricut for this useful post.
A.K. on 10/1/2011(UTC)
Mercy Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, September 30, 2011 3:38:59 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Originally Posted by: mycricut Go to Quoted Post
I just got my E2 from HSN today. The wireless adapter did work, connected to my home network and downloaded a firmware update. I could not figure out how to cut wireless from the CCR so I called Provocraft support and was told that it is not an option, that it is wireless only for updates and that it will have to be connected via usb chord to cut from CCR. I asked if it ever will be able to cut wireless from the CCR and the rep said she does not know, they don't share that type of information with them.

So not happy. If I have to get the usb chord out to cut, why not get it out to update it as well. I don't understand the whole point of it being wireless then.

Thanks! Glad to hear that the driver for the updates were released. As I stated, until CCR wireless option has been released, the adapter really does not serve no or much purpose because as you said, you still have to use your cable to cut as that is the main purpose to me for the wireless adapter. Even then, we still have to be next to the E2 to load the paper. When CCR option is released, what it does is to free us from cables but we still have to be near the computer and the E2 to do our actual cutting because we still have to load the paper!
JennLorist Offline
#5 Posted : Friday, September 30, 2011 4:30:18 PM(UTC)
JennLorist

Ok, now I'm kinda upset (again) lol... What is the benefit of having wireless then? I was under the assumption that it would work with CCR and if it's not available then whats the point of having "wireless" then? I have my E2AE on the table next to me because I hate getting up and down, yes I'm lazy lol.. I don't like having the cord strung across my craftroom, I've already tripped over it once, because I'm clumsy haha.. Hmm I wonder if in the future they will have CCR able to run via wireless..

Maybe I won't be in such a hurry to buy it once they release it whenever that will be, since it's not compatible with CCR

Thanks for the info,

Jenn
Weezie13 Offline
#6 Posted : Friday, September 30, 2011 4:42:13 PM(UTC)
Weezie13

Was thanked: 320 time(s) in 306 post(s)
Sooooooooooooooooo, in other words.....
because I have NO INTENTIONS of HOOKING UP TO CCR,
I AM SH!T OUTTA LUCK??!?!?!?!?!?!?!!??!

That's false advertising!!!!!
It never said I HAD to use it,
it said, when they were selling it, Wifi capabilities!!!
Not strings attached to it.....Glare Glare Glare Glare Glare Glare Glare Glare Glare Cursing Crying
JennLorist Offline
#7 Posted : Friday, September 30, 2011 5:05:07 PM(UTC)
JennLorist

Not strings attached to it.....

I just called PC and talked to Kim and she said that the only thing Wifi is capable of doing is "updates"! I told her that Ginger said nothing about it only being good for updates, she just said it had wifi capabilities, and that was false advertising. She mentioned that they have had quite a few on customer's complain about the same thing, and they are hoping to release more updates that the wifi will be good for!! Would like to know when that will be!!!
Weezie13 Offline
#8 Posted : Friday, September 30, 2011 5:08:00 PM(UTC)
Weezie13

Was thanked: 320 time(s) in 306 post(s)
Originally Posted by: JennLorist Go to Quoted Post

Not strings attached to it.....

I just called PC and talked to Kim and she said that the only thing Wifi is capable of doing is "updates"! I told her that Ginger said nothing about it only being good for updates, she just said it had wifi capabilities, and that was false advertising. She mentioned that they have had quite a few on customer's complain about the same thing, and they are hoping to release more updates that the wifi will be good for!! Would like to know when that will be!!!

That's what I am saying too.....
I took it as Wifi capabilities is that if I wanted to be upstairs/downstairs and it just worked with out wires!!!!!Unsure
JennLorist Offline
#9 Posted : Friday, September 30, 2011 5:10:55 PM(UTC)
JennLorist

They better do something quick because this is NOT right at all!!! If I had known that it was only good for updates I don't think I would've jumped so quickly on buying it ThumbDown ThumbDown ThumbDown ThumbDown ThumbDown ThumbDown ThumbDown
AllBuggedOutinNJ-CTMH Offline
#10 Posted : Friday, September 30, 2011 5:43:07 PM(UTC)
AllBuggedOutinNJ-CTMH

United States

Was thanked: 270 time(s) in 231 post(s)
I need help, please.

I received my E2 today. I followed the directions to find my network which it did. I have the following message though:

"Connected to your wireless access point, but access to the internet is being blocked. Please contact your ISP for helping setting up your home network."

I have AOL and Norton Virus Protection....Just in case you need to know this.
Mercy Offline
#11 Posted : Friday, September 30, 2011 5:55:37 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Originally Posted by: AllBuggedOutinNJ Go to Quoted Post
I need help, please.

I received my E2 today. I followed the directions to find my network which it did. I have the following message though:

"Connected to your wireless access point, but access to the internet is being blocked. Please contact your ISP for helping setting up your home network."

Is your computer setup to a wireless router or do you have a wireless router? If you have a wireless router, do you have more than one computer connected to the wireless router?
mycricut Offline
#12 Posted : Saturday, October 01, 2011 5:17:21 AM(UTC)
mycricut

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 13 post(s)
I need help, please.

I got the same message after setting up the wireless. It showed full bars signal, but I kept getting that message. I restarted the cricut2 and tried again and it worked fine.
Moi Offline
#13 Posted : Sunday, October 02, 2011 8:52:57 AM(UTC)
Moi

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mercy Go to Quoted Post
Is your computer setup to a wireless router or do you have a wireless router? If you have a wireless router, do you have more than one computer connected to the wireless router?

Does it matter if you are connected to more than one computer via wireless router? I keep getting the ISP message. Have one thing to try but was reading mb and saw this. Need all the ammo I can to fix this problem. TIA
Mercy Offline
#14 Posted : Sunday, October 02, 2011 2:23:54 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Originally Posted by: TrudieVick Go to Quoted Post
Does it matter if you are connected to more than one computer via wireless router? I keep getting the ISP message. Have one thing to try but was reading mb and saw this. Need all the ammo I can to fix this problem. TIA

No, that should not matter. Laura also had problems connecting and she posted some information that might help. It did help another member so perhaps it might help others. Let us know if it helped.

http://community.provocr...n-your-Home-Network.aspx
#15 Posted : Sunday, October 02, 2011 3:00:13 PM(UTC)
AllBuggedOutinNJ-CTMH

United States

Originally Posted by: mercy Go to Quoted Post

Yes, I do have a wireless router and more than one computer on the wireless router. Is there something I need to do. I did try to follow Laura's info but she says she had to change the WEP to "both" and I don't have that option. I have a "shared" option.

I am afraid if I mess with my computer, I will mess it up. Not sure if I should change it to the "shared" option.
Mercy Offline
#16 Posted : Sunday, October 02, 2011 3:49:15 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Yes, I do have a wireless router and more than one computer on the wireless router. Is there something I need to do. I did try to follow Laura's info but she says she had to change the WEP to "both" and I don't have that option. I have a "shared" option.

I am afraid if I mess with my computer, I will mess it up. Not sure if I should change it to the "shared" option.

Yes, you can try changing it to "shared" and if that does not work, then you can change it back. After you change it, try to get online and if it does not work getting online, then you know that you need to change it back. If you are able to get online, then try you can try the adapter. Let us know the outcome.
#17 Posted : Monday, October 03, 2011 4:16:29 PM(UTC)
AllBuggedOutinNJ-CTMH

United States

Mercy- I tried changing the option to "shared" and it didn't work. I don't know what to do. I guess I will just use the cord and connect to the computer for updates.

Mercy Offline
#18 Posted : Monday, October 03, 2011 6:32:01 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Mercy- I tried changing the option to "shared" and it didn't work. I don't know what to do. I guess I will just use the cord and connect to the computer for updates.

Call PC as they will help you and if you do, let us know the outcome.