Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
KathyRoscoe Offline
#31 Posted : Tuesday, June 28, 2011 2:24:59 AM(UTC)
KathyRoscoe

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 314 time(s) in 249 post(s)
Originally Posted by: 14cross Go to Quoted Post
Can you tell me your Imagine version numbers? I need all numbers in parenthesis.

Chris
Provo Craft

My Imagine version is: 1.01 (0115:0025:0239:202A)

Please let me know what to do about the sophisticated cartridge that will not work on my Imagine but does work on my E2.

Thanks,
Kathy
14cross Offline
#32 Posted : Tuesday, June 28, 2011 9:27:19 AM(UTC)
14cross

Groups: Cricut Community Moderator, Registered

Was thanked: 798 time(s) in 205 post(s)
Originally Posted by: K.McIntyre Go to Quoted Post
I tried your suggestions and then onto a new mat. Same problem. I'm trying to do the system restore but it gets stuck on sending file 1 of 2 of the content. When it went through calibration it print and cut.

Kristin

Unplug the white cable form the back of your Imagine and plug it back in. That should get the update started. Sometimes you will need to do this two or three times before the progress bar starts moving. When you reinsert the cable be sure to wait a minute to see if the progress bar has started.

Chris
Provo Craft
K.McIntyre Offline
#33 Posted : Tuesday, June 28, 2011 4:05:42 PM(UTC)
K.McIntyre

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 56 post(s)
I ended up not finishing the Restore and went to the Cricut Sync update which showed the content one needed to be done. It finishes and says 100% and sits there. I unplug the USB cable from the back of the Imagine and it starts up again. I have done it 3 times so far.

Kristin
14cross Offline
#34 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2011 6:49:23 AM(UTC)
14cross

Originally Posted by: K.McIntyre Go to Quoted Post
I ended up not finishing the Restore and went to the Cricut Sync update which showed the content one needed to be done. It finishes and says 100% and sits there. I unplug the USB cable from the back of the Imagine and it starts up again. I have done it 3 times so far.

Kristin

I have one here with the same issue. I will let you know how I get if fixed when I am done.

Chris
Provo Craft
14cross Offline
#35 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2011 10:44:11 AM(UTC)
14cross

I have one here with the same issue. I will let you know how I get if fixed when I am done.

Chris
Provo Craft

I ended up having to downgrade the firmware to the original factory settings and then updating again. You don't have the ability to do that, which means your Imagine will have to be replaced. Sorry for the bad news.

Chris
Provo Craft
HANACLIMIE Offline
#36 Posted : Friday, July 01, 2011 4:23:10 AM(UTC)
HANACLIMIE

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 30 post(s)
Hi Chris
When I try to install the sync (I just bought my imagine yesterday but I already had a gypsy and an expression) I updated about a month and a half ago it tells me that the .soap is already on my computer no numbers just .soap. Is this the latest version or do I need to update which it is not asking me to. IT just says it is already on my computer no replace? I tried to update it anyway and attach it to my imagine it "worked on it" for about 5 min and then sowed my a screen on my computer that said my imagine was restarting but my imagine looked like it was done (was on its menue screen) I left the "restarting bar running on my computer for about 30min, then shut it off and did it again same thing. I then tried to plug my gypsy into my imagine and nothing what am I doing wrong.

Edited by user Friday, July 01, 2011 5:11:22 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

14cross Offline
#37 Posted : Friday, July 01, 2011 7:35:53 AM(UTC)
14cross

Originally Posted by: HANACLIMIE Go to Quoted Post
Hi Chris
When I try to install the sync (I just bought my imagine yesterday but I already had a gypsy and an expression) I updated about a month and a half ago it tells me that the .soap is already on my computer no numbers just .soap. Is this the latest version or do I need to update which it is not asking me to. IT just says it is already on my computer no replace? I tried to update it anyway and attach it to my imagine it "worked on it" for about 5 min and then sowed my a screen on my computer that said my imagine was restarting but my imagine looked like it was done (was on its menue screen) I left the "restarting bar running on my computer for about 30min, then shut it off and did it again same thing. I then tried to plug my gypsy into my imagine and nothing what am I doing wrong.

Your Imagine completes the update and goes to the menu screen even though Cricut Sync still says that your Imagine is restarting. Go ahead and shut down Cricut Sync. It is complete. Can you tell me your version numbers on your Imagine and your gypsy? I need all numbers in parenthesis and the version numbers for both programs on your gypsy (Gypsy app and Imagine app).

Chris
Provo Craft
ScrappinGrannie Offline
#38 Posted : Tuesday, July 05, 2011 12:51:54 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGrannie

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Chris,
Completed all updates, now when I connect my gypsy to the imagine to cut/print I get a message on the gypsy saying to "Check connection to imagine". I have turned both machines off and then back on, I have checked all connections, the Imagine says "connected" but can not cut or print. Any suggestions?
14cross Offline
#39 Posted : Wednesday, July 06, 2011 2:47:45 PM(UTC)
14cross

Originally Posted by: ScrappinGrannie Go to Quoted Post
Chris,
Completed all updates, now when I connect my gypsy to the imagine to cut/print I get a message on the gypsy saying to "Check connection to imagine". I have turned both machines off and then back on, I have checked all connections, the Imagine says "connected" but can not cut or print. Any suggestions?

Plug the cable from your Gypsy to your Imagine into your Imagine before you press any cut buttons on your Gypsy. So on the Mat Preview screen you should plug in the cable and then press the cut icon on your Gypsy.

Chris
Provo Craft
HANACLIMIE Offline
#40 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2011 6:51:46 PM(UTC)
HANACLIMIE

Your Imagine completes the update and goes to the menu screen even though Cricut Sync still says that your Imagine is restarting. Go ahead and shut down Cricut Sync. It is complete. Can you tell me your version numbers on your Imagine and your gypsy? I need all numbers in parenthesis and the version numbers for both programs on your gypsy (Gypsy app and Imagine app).

Chris
Provo Craft

Sorry that it took me so long to answer you but we were on vacation and
Sorry to ask this question (and no you don't need to ask me if my gypsy or imagine is turned on lol) but where do I find those numbers. I now have another question since you said all was good with the imagine I tried to sync my gypsy and after a loooooong time and being asked by the program to restart my gypsy it would get to the final step (at least I think it is ) and get to 7, 8, 11% and then not budge for hours and hours even over night can you help with that?

Thanks so much and I did not repost this question on the other forum:)
14cross Offline
#41 Posted : Friday, July 15, 2011 8:18:14 AM(UTC)
14cross

Sorry that it took me so long to answer you but we were on vacation and
Sorry to ask this question (and no you don't need to ask me if my gypsy or imagine is turned on lol) but where do I find those numbers. I now have another question since you said all was good with the imagine I tried to sync my gypsy and after a loooooong time and being asked by the program to restart my gypsy it would get to the final step (at least I think it is ) and get to 7, 8, 11% and then not budge for hours and hours even over night can you help with that?

Thanks so much and I did not repost this question on the other forum:)

On the Imagine you will find the numbers by clicking the "About" button on the main menu screen. On the Gypsy you will find those numbers in two places. First, click on the tool button on the Main menu. You will see the numbers in the lower left corner. also, click on the Imagine button on the main screen. When it brings up the Imagine Menu screen you will see a small grey button that says "About" on the top of the Gypsy screen. Click on it and give me those numbers too.

It sounds like your Gypsy is stuck on the content update. The first time you load the Imagine app onto the Gypsy is will take a long time to update. On average it is taking three hours here. It could be longer for you. But it shouldn't be stuck at 11% for hours. Most likely your internet connection timed out. I would run the update again and see if that helps.

I am headed to a big trade show (CHA) and will be gone for a week so hopefully I will hear from you today as I will not be in a position to answer questions next week.

Chris
Provo Craft
HANACLIMIE Offline
#42 Posted : Friday, July 15, 2011 8:51:37 AM(UTC)
HANACLIMIE

Hi Chris,

Have fun at the CHA and thanks for getting back to me so quick.

I have tried to restart the gypsy update like 8 times and twice I let it go over night the first time (over night) was stuck at 8% and last night at 10%. I have tried restarting bc I thought u would suggest that but it keeps getting stuck. THere is no imagine icon on my gypsy bc this is the first time I am starting the imagine content and it has frozen before that comes up. The numbers on my imagine are 0115 0008 0239 202A and on my gypsy are0210:0224 PLEASE HELP I AM GOING TO AN IMAGINE CROP LATER TODAY AND WOULD LOVE IT TO WORK BY THEN :) Just so you have the info The day that I orginally posted the message (2 weeks ago) I uninstalled the sync from my computer and then restalled it right from the site before I updated the imagine and tried to update the gypsy.

Right now I am tried to do the reset thing on the gypsy (taking the top off the stylus and resetting machine) I will let you know if the update works now-but it seriously what I have been trying to do over and over again for the last 2 days

THanks
Hana

Edited by user Friday, July 15, 2011 8:59:43 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

14cross Offline
#43 Posted : Friday, July 15, 2011 9:01:12 AM(UTC)
14cross

Hi Chris,

Have fun at the CHA and thanks for getting back to me so quick.

I have tried to restart the gypsy update like 8 times and twice I let it go over night the first time (over night) was stuck at 8% and last night at 10%. I have tried restarting bc I thought u would suggest that but it keeps getting stuck. THere is no imagine icon on my gypsy bc this is the first time I am starting the imagine content and it has frozen before that comes up. The numbers on my imagine are 0115 0008 0239 202A and on my gypsy are0210:0224 PLEASE HELP I AM GOING TO AN IMAGINE CROP LATER TODAY AND WOULD LOVE IT TO WORK BY THEN :) Just so you have the info The day that I orginally posted the message (2 weeks ago) I uninstalled the sync from my computer and then restalled it right from the site before I updated the imagine and tried to update the gypsy.

THanks
Hana

There is still a content update for your Imagine. You only need it if you have cartridges that have been produced in the last year. Just run Cricut Sync again while the Imagine is attached and it will tell you there is an update.

As for the Gypsy update...how fast is your internet connection? The update is obviously working but it isn't completing and that usually means your internet timed out.

Chris
Provo Craft
HANACLIMIE Offline
#44 Posted : Friday, July 15, 2011 9:06:44 AM(UTC)
HANACLIMIE

HI,
54 megabits/s and it isn't timing out because I am watching youtube videos ALMOST the entire time and doing other things on the internet.It finshes the Imagine content full update it asks me to restart and then gets stuck on the second stage (which I think is the last stage since when I plug in the gypsy it tells me I only need 2 updates)
HANACLIMIE Offline
#45 Posted : Friday, July 15, 2011 9:09:00 AM(UTC)
HANACLIMIE

I can't update both the I and the G at the same time can I ? Do I need to reinstall the sync program on the comp or does it do it automatically with an constant internet connection so I just plug in my imagine and it will prompt me?
14cross Offline
#46 Posted : Friday, July 15, 2011 9:10:13 AM(UTC)
14cross

HI,
54 megabits/s and it isn't timing out because I am watching youtube videos ALMOST the entire time and doing other things on the internet.It finshes the Imagine content full update it asks me to restart and then gets stuck on the second stage (which I think is the last stage since when I plug in the gypsy it tells me I only need 2 updates)

Try this out...when it freezes unplug the cable from your Gypsy, wait for Cricut Sync to tell you your gypsy is not connected or please connect your gypsy or whatever is says, and then plug the cable back in. Does that get the update moving again or does it start it over?

Chris
Provo Craft
14cross Offline
#47 Posted : Friday, July 15, 2011 9:15:24 AM(UTC)
14cross

I can't update both the I and the G at the same time can I ? Do I need to reinstall the sync program on the comp or does it do it automatically with an constant internet connection so I just plug in my imagine and it will prompt me?

No, you can't update both at the same time. Just plug in your Imagine either before or after updating your Gypsy and start up Cricut Sync. It will see your Imagine and tell you there is an update available.

Chris
Provo Craft
HANACLIMIE Offline
#48 Posted : Friday, July 15, 2011 9:16:11 AM(UTC)
HANACLIMIE

It will take me apprx an hour to get to that stage again so I will wait and see. Every time till now I did it the computer made that sound like disconnect connect beep and the screen would reload and it would say "updating" gypsy with the update bar looking like it was a 100% and nothing would happen for ever clerly it didn't work since my gypsy does not have the imagine icon. I will let it load now and let you know what happens in a while when it gets there. Are you on MST?
HANACLIMIE Offline
#49 Posted : Friday, July 15, 2011 9:46:31 AM(UTC)
HANACLIMIE

Ok so it finishes the content and then gets stuck on the Gypsy Imagine application and once again it seems to be holding strong at 8% after it completes the content and I restart it. IT truely cannot be the internet bc I am on youtube as we speak or type:)
14cross Offline
#50 Posted : Friday, July 15, 2011 9:53:36 AM(UTC)
14cross

Ok so it finishes the content and then gets stuck on the Gypsy Imagine application and once again it seems to be holding strong at 8% after it completes the content and I restart it. IT truely cannot be the internet bc I am on youtube as we speak or type:)

Do you have a lot of projects and/or pictures loaded on your Gypsy? I wonder if it is a memory issue?

Chris
Provo Craft
HANACLIMIE Offline
#51 Posted : Friday, July 15, 2011 9:57:17 AM(UTC)
HANACLIMIE

ok let me earse most of what I have on it. I have about 20 projects and 20 pics but I will get rid of most of them. I also tried downloading the sync onto another comp but when I tried plugging in the I it gave me that "found new hardware" "install software" window. What do I do about that? Sorry to bother you so much it is just that as I said I am going away tonight and we are using the imagine and gypsy/
14cross Offline
#52 Posted : Friday, July 15, 2011 10:01:37 AM(UTC)
14cross

ok let me earse most of what I have on it. I have about 20 projects and 20 pics but I will get rid of most of them. I also tried downloading the sync onto another comp but when I tried plugging in the I it gave me that "found new hardware" "install software" window. What do I do about that? Sorry to bother you so much it is just that as I said I am going away tonight and we are using the imagine and gypsy/

The new hardware message is normal. Just follow the prompts. Make sure that your Firewall and virus protection programs allow Cricut Sync to run. They should prompt you with a question but if not you will need to go into your programs and figure out how to add them to the list of allowed programs.

Chris
Provo Craft
HANACLIMIE Offline
#53 Posted : Friday, July 15, 2011 10:43:32 AM(UTC)
HANACLIMIE

Hi Chris,
So I am trying the sync on my work computer. I am sure my law firm will love my cricut software:) So far when I updated my imagine the numbers are 0155 0027 0239 202A is that the newest one? and my gypsy is updating as we speak. I will let you know how it goes

Thanks so much for all your time with me muchly appriciated
14cross Offline
#54 Posted : Friday, July 15, 2011 10:45:45 AM(UTC)
14cross

Hi Chris,
So I am trying the sync on my work computer. I am sure my law firm will love my cricut software:) So far when I updated my imagine the numbers are 0155 0027 0239 202A is that the newest one? and my gypsy is updating as we speak. I will let you know how it goes

Thanks so much for all your time with me muchly appriciated

Your imagine is up to date...except where you said 0155...it is probably 0115, which is the latest update. Let me know how the gypsy goes.

Chris
Provo Craft
HANACLIMIE Offline
#55 Posted : Friday, July 15, 2011 3:37:08 PM(UTC)
HANACLIMIE

Gypsy??? :(is doing the same thing. I even took it to my job that I am on mat leave from for the internet connection. I tried to do everything on a brandnew computer with all firewalls etc temp suspended. I checkced and I am only ussing13% of my gypsy. What am I going to do?
golffy Offline
#56 Posted : Friday, July 15, 2011 6:07:03 PM(UTC)
golffy

[img=http://yfrog.com/klv26p]Screenshot[/img]

My update process stopped at this step (shown in the attached image). What should I do? Please help. Crying

Thank you very much

Edited by user Friday, July 15, 2011 6:12:57 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

golffy attached the following image(s):
v26.png
ScrappinGrannie Offline
#57 Posted : Tuesday, July 19, 2011 8:18:15 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGrannie

Plug the cable from your Gypsy to your Imagine into your Imagine before you press any cut buttons on your Gypsy. So on the Mat Preview screen you should plug in the cable and then press the cut icon on your Gypsy.

Chris
Provo Craft

Chris,
I have been trying to get this to work since your recommendation, it didn't work. I have tried everything. I can not cut with my gypsy attached to my Imagine, nor can I cut directly from my Imagine with any of the 3 carts I have tried. I kept getting the pop up for new hardware found so I uninstalled and re-installed cricut sync. I connected both devices and they both say no updates found. I followed the directions on cricut sync for the driver. No cuts....

Imagine 0015:0027:0000:202A
Gypsy 1.4 0210:0224 from tool screen and 1.01 0111:0027 from Imagine screen
Cricut Sync 2.0.5.3
Cricut Imagine (TM) Driver v1.03
Windows XP

What do I do?
bnlnkids Offline
#58 Posted : Wednesday, July 20, 2011 10:25:58 AM(UTC)
bnlnkids

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Hi, Chris. I just received my second machine (first one would not update with EITHER 'I More' cart, OR through Cricut Sync), and it came with a note saying that the machine had already received its updates while in QC. However, the build numbers on my machine are as follows:

1.01 (0110:0017:0240:202A)

Obviously my numbers do NOT match yours posted at the beginning of this thread. Is my machine actually current? Or does it still need another update? Thanks so much. Smile

edited for clarity

Edited by user Wednesday, July 20, 2011 10:32:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ScrappinGrannie Offline
#59 Posted : Monday, July 25, 2011 7:10:37 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGrannie

Originally Posted by: ScrappinGrannie Go to Quoted Post
Chris,
I have been trying to get this to work since your recommendation, it didn't work. I have tried everything. I can not cut with my gypsy attached to my Imagine, nor can I cut directly from my Imagine with any of the 3 carts I have tried. I kept getting the pop up for new hardware found so I uninstalled and re-installed cricut sync. I connected both devices and they both say no updates found. I followed the directions on cricut sync for the driver. No cuts....

Imagine 0015:0027:0000:202A
Gypsy 1.4 0210:0224 from tool screen and 1.01 0111:0027 from Imagine screen
Cricut Sync 2.0.5.3
Cricut Imagine (TM) Driver v1.03
Windows XP

What do I do?

This is an update. I have again un-installed and re-installed everything while waiting for an answer. When I click to run cricut sync the first time, it said your imagine is up-to-date, now it says my machine is not connected though it is with the white cord that came with it. Then when you close cricut sync I get an error debug message for cricutsync\bridge.exe
When I go to the craft room it tells me I need a firmware update for Imagine before I can print, but then when I go to sync it says I am up to date. I can print from the imagine but I am unable to cut using Imagine, Gypsy or Craft Room.
JaimieEdmunds Offline
#60 Posted : Tuesday, July 26, 2011 7:17:03 PM(UTC)
JaimieEdmunds

Chris, I've read through this chain of posts and my Imagine appears to be up to date now (0115:0027:0239:202A). I'm still missing images on Imagine More Cards. I haven't checked out other cartridges yet. When I try to re-sync it does say I'm up to date. Any idea when the next (and final?) content update will be released? Thanks!

Jaimie