Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Leslie Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 16, 2011 8:13:30 AM(UTC)
Leslie

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I have the downloaded version 53. I have a cut button, but nothing happens when I hit it.
Sawkat66 Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, July 16, 2011 9:51:56 AM(UTC)
Sawkat66

United States

Was thanked: 238 time(s) in 141 post(s)
That seems to be the problem right now. Hopefully Monday sometime they will fix this. Still so many bugs and not the good kind. Wish I could just pour Rid-X over my computer and have CCR work. Hang in there.
Fayrai Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, July 16, 2011 10:10:06 AM(UTC)
Fayrai

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Do you have an Imagine or Expression? I am cutting with the Expression.
LEOPOLDPERRINE Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, July 17, 2011 1:55:08 AM(UTC)
LEOPOLDPERRINE

Hello,

For me it's the same, it doesn't cut. There is a message : "your cricut expression is not connected"....but it is !
And another point is that in the file "install drivers" / cricut expression drivers...it' doesn't match...the message is that the current langage is not supported by the driver...

Thanks for help !

Perrine from France !!!
CricketCMV Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, July 17, 2011 1:35:58 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 8017 time(s) in 4681 post(s)
Originally Posted by: LEOPOLDPERRINE Go to Quoted Post
Hello,

For me it's the same, it doesn't cut. There is a message : "your cricut expression is not connected"....but it is !
And another point is that in the file "install drivers" / cricut expression drivers...it' doesn't match...the message is that the current langage is not supported by the driver...

Thanks for help !

Perrine from France !!!

Excuse me, but are you using FRENCH on your Expression? That might sound like a dumb question. If you can change it to ENGLISH, maybe you could install drivers under the ENGLISH version until a FRENCH version is available? (I do hope I'm not making a fool of myself, here!!!)

If you are trying to install to an ENGLISH version, did you go to OPTIONS in CCR (on the left hand menus) and tell CCR what machine you are trying to use (the one you have hooked to your computer at the same time--saying it this way because many of you do have more than one machine and you would have to change this OPTION each time you hook up a different machine). Be sure you select the correct size mat, also.

I imagine (no pun intended) you have done all these things, but I am just throwing out something that might be helpful to someone, not just you, LEOPOLDPERRINE.

Char

Edited by user Sunday, July 17, 2011 1:41:51 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Narelle Offline
#6 Posted : Sunday, July 17, 2011 2:53:07 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7813 time(s) in 3647 post(s)
Originally Posted by: LEOPOLDPERRINE Go to Quoted Post
Hello,

Thanks for help !

Perrine from France !!!

I can't imagine that this would help at all, but could you change the language setting on your computer to English and see if you can get the Expression drivers to install?
RosemaryRagland Offline
#7 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2011 11:20:03 AM(UTC)
RosemaryRagland

Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 42 post(s)
same here. Mine is not cutting and I don't get any kind of errors. My expression says USB Active on the LCD but it doesn't cut from Craft Room. I never had these problems with Design Studio.
CricketCMV Offline
#8 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2011 2:02:43 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 8017 time(s) in 4681 post(s)
Originally Posted by: RosemaryRagland Go to Quoted Post
same here. Mine is not cutting and I don't get any kind of errors. My expression says USB Active on the LCD but it doesn't cut from Craft Room. I never had these problems with Design Studio.

Rosemary - If you are a BETA TESTER (in other words, you received the initial email from PC whereby you downloaded CRICUT CRAFTROOM and THEN you received another email to download the APPLICATION (which is another icon on your desktop which allows you to CUT--and, I assume you did, because you are saying you have the CUT button on your mat), I'll tell you what I did when I couldn't CUT the first time I tried it.

I called 1-877-7CRICUT and asked for CCR TEch Support. The guy who answered told me I needed a FIX download for my CUT software I downloaded the first time and he sent me the email with the FIX download.

It's worth a try if you are, in fact, a BETA TESTER from the very first and received your emails for downloading the software vs. going into the CRAFTROOM on the cricut.com website. Many who went through cricut.com were not allowed in after so many downloaded, as I believe it was overloading their system and they had to cut off letting everyone in until they get some problems resolved. THEY ARE WORKING ON THE PROBLEMS.

ALSO, did you go to the TOP in CCR under HELP and INSTALL DRIVERS to your Expression?
Did you do the SYNC that came up in CCR when you hooked your Expression to the Internet. What information is on your EXPRESSION when you first turn it on--what version? Maybe that is not where it should be. Mine says: V2.43.

Hope this helps.

Char
Happy Lil Scrapper Offline
#9 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2011 5:48:04 PM(UTC)
Happy Lil Scrapper

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I am having the same problem, Leslie and I am so frustrated. I have called CRR tech support multiple times and I get different answers each time. Right now I am waiting for a call from Darrin who is supposed to be the guru tech. I want to be a good, helpful beta tester but I can't get started. I have loaded my carts and I have played with the designs for a lot of hours. But, I can't cut. I have done everything that has been suggested. So, I am left to wait to hear from Darrin. If I hear anything helpful, I'll post it. If you all get any new clues please post.