Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

ReenyBug Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 21, 2011 2:27:42 PM(UTC)
ReenyBug

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 370 time(s) in 216 post(s)
So far, I can only figure out how to cut and print a flat imagine without layers with the I carts. How do I get the layers to happen for dimension?
KathyRoscoe Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 21, 2011 4:17:34 PM(UTC)
KathyRoscoe

Was thanked: 314 time(s) in 249 post(s)
Reeny,

When you drag an Imagine Cartridge image to the mat, the edit box will be below it. Click on edit and then look to the top right of the ccr screen. There will be two buttons, separate and combine. You can separate the layers, delete any you don't want while they are separated and then hit combine to rejoin them. Or you can print and cutLOL them all while they are still separated.
ReenyBug Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 21, 2011 4:24:57 PM(UTC)
ReenyBug

Thank you so much Kathy! Am going to check it out now. Smile

Edited to add: I just tried that and love the way it works. Love Now I can manipulate the placement on the mat and not waste so much paper.

Edited by user Thursday, July 21, 2011 4:28:14 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ReenyBug Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, July 21, 2011 5:36:55 PM(UTC)
ReenyBug

Uh oh. Issues. I selected a pirate and layered him. I manipulated the images on the mat to my liking to save paper. I used George and cut a 6 inch square filled with Buccaneer pattern. Selected the verse Happy Birthday Matey and the Pelican bird and the barrel of explosives. Started the cutting process and left the room since it's a little slow going. Came back and only the 6 inch square cut properly. The pirate was cut in half totally so I had half a pirate and none of the layers cut. The pirate also had a black blob like a shadow on his right half and the machine cut around the black blog. There was a big black blob of ink surrounding the pelican as well, kind of like a shadow on the right side. The black blobs on the pirate and the bird were not visible on the mat. Basically, the whole sheet of paper is ruined with only one 6 inch square salvaged. Crying Crying Crying

Did I do something wrong? Am I not suppose to move the layers yet?
CricketCMV Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, July 21, 2011 5:56:26 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 8313 time(s) in 4909 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ReenyBug Go to Quoted Post
Uh oh. Issues. I selected a pirate and layered him. I manipulated the images on the mat to my liking to save paper. I used George and cut a 6 inch square filled with Buccaneer pattern. Selected the verse Happy Birthday Matey and the Pelican bird and the barrel of explosives. Started the cutting process and left the room since it's a little slow going. Came back and only the 6 inch square cut properly. The pirate was cut in half totally so I had half a pirate and none of the layers cut. The pirate also had a black blob like a shadow on his right half and the machine cut around the black blog. There was a big black blob of ink surrounding the pelican as well, kind of like a shadow on the right side. The black blobs on the pirate and the bird were not visible on the mat. Basically, the whole sheet of paper is ruined with only one 6 inch square salvaged. Crying Crying Crying

Can you click on your image and when you get the box around the whole image, go to the top and UNGROUP? Once you UNGROUP, can't you pull the layers off the whole image by clicking on each layer one at a time and dragging them off onto your mat. I don't think you would be able to keep the whole image as one piece with the layers and expect it to cut around each piece. Does that make sense?

The advantage of having one whole image that shows the whole piece is while you have everything intact, you can put the box around the whole image by click inside it (before UNGROUPING) and size everything all at once to the size you want it on your project.

I think. I don't have an IMAGINE, but this is how I do some images when I want to cut layers separately on the same mat.

Char

EDITED - MALLORYS INFORMATION IS IN THE BETA UPDATES THREAD; sorry, I couldn't come back and EDIT that off the paragraph above, for some reason. That sentence wasn't showing up when I came to EDIT this.

Edited by user Thursday, July 21, 2011 5:59:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Narelle Offline
#6 Posted : Thursday, July 21, 2011 7:03:43 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7911 time(s) in 3709 post(s)

I just had my own disaster pulling apart the layers on an Imagine image. I only have Imagine More so have been playing with that.

I added an image to the mat, separated the layers, added a square from george then filled it with a pattern.

All the layers printed, but only the very bottom layer of the Imagine image cut.

I'm having another go now.

ReenyBug Offline
#7 Posted : Thursday, July 21, 2011 7:31:39 PM(UTC)
ReenyBug

CricutCMV, I will try to ungroup the layered piece and see if that helps. I was able to click on and individually move each piece within the group. The black shadow of ink that was on the bird was actually in the shape of the barrel of explosives that was at one time in that spot but I moved it and put the bird there. Those pieces were never grouped so not sure if will matter but can't hurt to try, right? Thanks for your response. I appreciate it!! Smile

Narelle, that is exactly what happened to me with the exception that I also had the weird black ink shadow additions. It incorrectly cut the main image and none of the separated pieces. I moved each and every piece around the mat multiple times to fit it within the area the best I could.

Will go back and try CMV's suggestion with the grouping and then try again without moving anything. Won't try too much more though as I don't want to continue wasting ink and paper. Scared
 1 user thanked ReenyBug for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 7/21/2011(UTC)
Narelle Offline
#8 Posted : Thursday, July 21, 2011 7:43:56 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Australia

Here's my second attempt. It still didn't cut the layers.

Here's what the image looked like before I pulled it apart.

Here's what the mat looks like with the image pulled apart and a filled George square on it.

Here's what it looks like after it print and cut. (I've pulled out the two parts that cut)

The George square cut and print this time. None of the separated layers cut and they ended up with the black shadow like you got Reeny.

I'm going to try one more thing today then I have to go out. (So glad I have heaps of ugly patterned paper than I can use the reverse side of.)
CricketCMV Offline
#9 Posted : Thursday, July 21, 2011 8:08:00 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 8313 time(s) in 4909 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Narelle Go to Quoted Post
Here's my second attempt. It still didn't cut the layers.

Here's what the image looked like before I pulled it apart.

Here's what the mat looks like with the image pulled apart and a filled George square on it.

Here's what it looks like after it print and cut. (I've pulled out the two parts that cut)

The George square cut and print this time. None of the separated layers cut and they ended up with the black shadow like you got Reeny.

I'm going to try one more thing today then I have to go out. (So glad I have heaps of ugly patterned paper than I can use the reverse side of.)

NARELLE - Did the parts that didn't CUT end up on another layer somewhere? They shouldn't, but I just wondered if somehow they did after you UNGROUPED them. That's a very long shot, I know.

ALSO, did you SAVE your changes and go out of your project and log back in, before you tried to CUT?

Maybe some of you don't like me making suggestions when I don't even own the IMAGINE, but it's the detective in me. I love to try to figure things out like that.

Good luck. Hope you get it figured out; I know you will and it will be interesting to know what works.

Again, PC probably doesn't have it all worked out, as yet.

Char

Edited by user Thursday, July 21, 2011 8:09:37 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Narelle Offline
#10 Posted : Thursday, July 21, 2011 8:32:07 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Australia

I hadn't ungrouped the images. I separated them which is a totally different thing.

This time after I uncombined them I also ungrouped them and they did all cut out separately. And no black blobs! Smile

So it appears that the process is:

Place image on mat
Click the Edit Group button in bottom left corner of the image
Select Separate
Move the individual pieces where you want them on the mat
Press the Exit button (top left)
Make sure the image is selected then click Ungroup.

Each piece should then cut individually. Hope you get it working ReenyBug!

Now I really have to go out!!! BigGrin

Edited by user Thursday, July 21, 2011 8:33:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ReenyBug Offline
#11 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2011 12:15:56 AM(UTC)
ReenyBug

CMV, how could we mind you being helpful?! Absolutely not!! It's very appreciated and brainstorming is a great way to try and solve problems. Your input is important. BigGrin

Narelle, I am off to give it another try with your current method. You did a great job of displaying what the problem was and hopefully that will also help PC if there is some troubleshooting that needs done. Thank you!!

Edited to Add: Yuppers, that did the trick. You do indeed need to ungroup before cutting.

Great detective work girls!! Woohoo!!

Only one small problem remaining... I am still getting what I call "pattern distortion." I selected another 6 inch square from George and filled it with the red and white stripe pattern from Buccaneer. Can you tell that is my newest cart? BigGrin The right side of the square didn't print all the red and cream stripes but printed a 1/4 inch red stripe. I've mentioned this same problem before using CCR and Sweet Tooth Boxes. Some edges on the boxes distort the same way or print about 1/4 inch of an entirely different not selected pattern. I am not sure if this is a problem with CCR or just my Imagine so will have to try printing same projects without CCR to either rule it out or determine if it is the cause.

I have been reporting all this stuff as feedback as well so hopefully if it is a bug it'll get ironed out.

Edited by user Friday, July 22, 2011 12:51:00 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked ReenyBug for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 7/22/2011(UTC)
KathyRoscoe Offline
#12 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2011 2:57:07 AM(UTC)
KathyRoscoe

So, as CCR currently functions (for me, anyway) we can cut with the Imagine and CCR as long as we do not change the images too much. Well, I can do that with my Imagine alone. I want to be able to layer, hide/contour, flood fill, weld, etc. AND cut! Otherwise, I could just use my Imagine by itself. I really, really want CCR to work as designed. It will be amazing!
Narelle Offline
#13 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2011 4:01:00 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Australia

CMV, how could we mind you being helpful?! Absolutely not!! It's very appreciated and brainstorming is a great way to try and solve problems. Your input is important. BigGrin

Narelle, I am off to give it another try with your current method. You did a great job of displaying what the problem was and hopefully that will also help PC if there is some troubleshooting that needs done. Thank you!!

Edited to Add: Yuppers, that did the trick. You do indeed need to ungroup before cutting.

Great detective work girls!! Woohoo!!

Only one small problem remaining... I am still getting what I call "pattern distortion." I selected another 6 inch square from George and filled it with the red and white stripe pattern from Buccaneer. Can you tell that is my newest cart? BigGrin The right side of the square didn't print all the red and cream stripes but printed a 1/4 inch red stripe. I've mentioned this same problem before using CCR and Sweet Tooth Boxes. Some edges on the boxes distort the same way or print about 1/4 inch of an entirely different not selected pattern. I am not sure if this is a problem with CCR or just my Imagine so will have to try printing same projects without CCR to either rule it out or determine if it is the cause.

I have been reporting all this stuff as feedback as well so hopefully if it is a bug it'll get ironed out.

Same thing happened to me.

Edited by user Friday, July 22, 2011 4:25:35 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Narelle Offline
#14 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2011 4:03:15 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Australia

Originally Posted by: KathyRoscoe Go to Quoted Post
So, as CCR currently functions (for me, anyway) we can cut with the Imagine and CCR as long as we do not change the images too much. Well, I can do that with my Imagine alone. I want to be able to layer, hide/contour, flood fill, weld, etc. AND cut! Otherwise, I could just use my Imagine by itself. I really, really want CCR to work as designed. It will be amazing!

So far I've been able to do all those things using CCR and the Imagine. It has taken me a few tries though but I'm getting there. There definitely is a learning curve!

And I'm trying to learn the Imagine as well as I only received it this week. Huh

Edited by user Friday, July 22, 2011 4:28:18 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

KathyRoscoe Offline
#15 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2011 5:30:10 AM(UTC)
KathyRoscoe

Originally Posted by: Narelle Go to Quoted Post
So far I've been able to do all those things using CCR and the Imagine. It has taken me a few tries though but I'm getting there. There definitely is a learning curve!

And I'm trying to learn the Imagine as well as I only received it this week. Huh

Probably not so much a learning curve as glitches still to be worked out in the CCR program. This morning, I was able to cut a very detailed image that I have been working on for months and have only been able to cut one time. The first time I hit the cut button this morning, it cut all the layers individually on my grouped and welded image but I was expecting just the outline of the welded image to cut. The second time I tried to cut, I had to shut down CCR and log in again to get CCR to work. The second time, the design printed and then spit out the mat. CCR is just not very consistent for me at this point but I am so looking forward to the final product!

OH FORGOT TO ADD THAT THE PATTERN ON ONLY ONE PART OF THE IMAGE WAS DISTORTED. THIS HAPPENS EVERY TIME I TRY TO PRINT AND CUT THIS PARTICULAR DESIGN.

You have come a long way if you have only had your Imagine a week! Don't you just love it? I hardly use my E or E2 anymore.

Edited by user Friday, July 22, 2011 5:31:34 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Narelle Offline
#16 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2011 5:57:43 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Australia

Originally Posted by: KathyRoscoe Go to Quoted Post
Probably not so much a learning curve as glitches still to be worked out in the CCR program. This morning, I was able to cut a very detailed image that I have been working on for months and have only been able to cut one time. The first time I hit the cut button this morning, it cut all the layers individually on my grouped and welded image but I was expecting just the outline of the welded image to cut. The second time I tried to cut, I had to shut down CCR and log in again to get CCR to work. The second time, the design printed and then spit out the mat. CCR is just not very consistent for me at this point but I am so looking forward to the final product!

OH FORGOT TO ADD THAT THE PATTERN ON ONLY ONE PART OF THE IMAGE WAS DISTORTED. THIS HAPPENS EVERY TIME I TRY TO PRINT AND CUT THIS PARTICULAR DESIGN.

You have come a long way if you have only had your Imagine a week! Don't you just love it? I hardly use my E or E2 anymore.

I do love the Imagine! It cuts beautifully. My poor E2 is feeling very neglected this week!
mallorym Offline
#17 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2011 9:51:12 AM(UTC)
mallorym

Groups: Circle Member, Registered, Cricut Community Moderator
United States

Was thanked: 338 time(s) in 120 post(s)
We are working on fixing this problem so you do not have to ungroup your Imagine art images in order for them to print and cut correctly.

Also, good catch on the pattern striping along the right side. We'll look into that problem as well.

Thanks ladies!
ReenyBug Offline
#18 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2011 12:40:16 PM(UTC)
ReenyBug

Narelle, thanks for posting the pics of the pattern distortion. That's exactly what I have going on here as well. I believe it has always been on the right side. And thank you Mallory for acknowledging that it probably is a CCR glitch. Now I won't have to do the trouble shooting to rule out if there is an issue with my Imagine itself and I'm soooooo glad that there's not. BigGrin

Scrappin Nana Offline
#19 Posted : Saturday, July 23, 2011 6:19:48 AM(UTC)
Scrappin Nana

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I followed the steps for ungrouping to get separate layers - using the sun and word Summer on Enjoy the Seasons Imagine cart - Everything printed and cut but the colors were all off. Most of the shapes printed with the background shape color with just the very tip of the top and bottom having the correct color. Also a couple shapes had a different color trim around them. I did submit this problem as feedback. Has anyone else had problems with the wrong colors printing.
Thanks
Darlene
 1 user thanked Scrappin Nana for this useful post.
Narelle on 7/23/2011(UTC)
ReenyBug Offline
#20 Posted : Saturday, July 23, 2011 6:34:39 PM(UTC)
ReenyBug

Yes, Scrappin Nanna. I've had some wrong colors and pattern glitches too. I've been reporting as feedback as well.