Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

8 Pages«<45678>
Patty R Offline
#151 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2011 10:09:00 PM(UTC)
Patty R

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 6/29/2007(UTC)
Posts: 51
Location: SW Washington

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
After sitting on the SEND UPDATED CONTENT part for another 30 mins I decided to UNPLUG/REPLUG THE USB PORT ON THE COMPUTER.

It is now SENDING FILE 1 OF 2. (fINALLY SOMETHING IS HAPPENING)

tHERE really needs to be a better way of doing this for newbies.

30 mins have gone by and it has appeared to have stalled at the very end of the FILE 1. I will let it sit for a while to see what happens.

I was impatient and unplugged the usb again..bad move.. back to SENDING FILE 1 of 2

not progressing again...
Inplugged/replugged cord from/to Imagine.Green processing bar working again.

It refuses to finish file 1 and advance to file 2.

I let it sit over night.

I need to also mention that the Imagine is not cutting anything.
I tried to calibrate the blade at that time with no responce from the Imagine. That is what put me into the Format and Restore plan.

I have tried to unplug the USB about 3 or 4 more times. I can get it to reload file 1, but it will not advance to file 2.

Now my hubby is involved and after this current try, he will switch to his computer.

Edited by user Saturday, July 23, 2011 10:04:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Patty R Offline
#152 Posted : Saturday, July 23, 2011 9:17:18 PM(UTC)
Patty R

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 6/29/2007(UTC)
Posts: 51
Location: SW Washington

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
I am getting so irritated.

No matter what I do..my machine will NOT cut.

The sync says my I is up to date.

I redid all the callibrations and yet the blade will not CUT.

Please help!!
CarolynCarrott Offline
#153 Posted : Monday, July 25, 2011 8:02:12 AM(UTC)
CarolynCarrott

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/24/2011(UTC)
Posts: 8

I've had to do a system restore on my imagine and when it get to the 'imagine restart' part i get the “The Imagine had trouble restarting. Please cycle the power on the Imagine' message. I am so sorry but what does 'cycle the power' mean????
Patty R Offline
#154 Posted : Monday, July 25, 2011 3:30:19 PM(UTC)
Patty R

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 6/29/2007(UTC)
Posts: 51
Location: SW Washington

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CarolynCarrott Go to Quoted Post
I've had to do a system restore on my imagine and when it get to the 'imagine restart' part i get the “The Imagine had trouble restarting. Please cycle the power on the Imagine' message. I am so sorry but what does 'cycle the power' mean????


Cycle the power is asking us to turn off the power butten and then turn it back on. (It works like a reboot)

I never did get the whole system restore to go through.
I did manage to actually get the calibration to go through after another 3 tries.

I now have it cutting and I am testing it with my Gypsy as we speak.
luv_scrappin Offline
#155 Posted : Tuesday, July 26, 2011 9:31:49 AM(UTC)
luv_scrappin

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/4/2007(UTC)
Posts: 237
Location: Texas

Thanks: 37 times
Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 30 post(s)
OMG.......how do the people do it that don't ready this board......Thanks
Twhite Offline
#156 Posted : Tuesday, July 26, 2011 8:43:52 PM(UTC)
Twhite

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/30/2008(UTC)
Posts: 195
Location: Colorado

Thanks: 3 times
Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 17 post(s)
I have tried 4 times to do the Imagine Restore process in the last 24 hours (along with 4-6 Cricut Sync updates) on my brand new Imagine but it keeps getting locked up at the "Send Updated Content - Sending File 1 of 2". It never does anything to begin sending File 1. I turned the machine off and back on as it says to do but no luck. Prior to doing the restore, it kept getting locked up during the Cricut Sync update process too. I've spent 13 hours today and 6 hours yesterday trying to get my imagine to work. When I plug in the Imagine More cart after the first Cricut Sync (and ever since) it says it can't find the cartridge (don't recall exact words). So ready to chuck this thing out the window. If I did not have 3 carts coming in from eBay I would send it back and wash my hands of the whole thing.

Twhite Offline
#157 Posted : Tuesday, July 26, 2011 11:03:55 PM(UTC)
Twhite

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/30/2008(UTC)
Posts: 195
Location: Colorado

Thanks: 3 times
Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Well I finally got it to upload file 1 but it never completes and never starts file 2. Been stuck at file 1 nearly complete for about 90 minutes.
Twhite Offline
#158 Posted : Wednesday, July 27, 2011 5:31:19 AM(UTC)
Twhite

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/30/2008(UTC)
Posts: 195
Location: Colorado

Thanks: 3 times
Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Still stuck at loading File 1 after leaving it overnight for 6 hours. When I unplugged the USB cord from the back last night it restarted the process of downloading File 1 so don't really want to have to go through that again. I'm going through a ton of ink and paper going through the calibration and alignment processes each time I restart the whole reformat process. Crying
RockinRobin1 Offline
#159 Posted : Friday, July 29, 2011 11:31:29 AM(UTC)
RockinRobin1

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 12/5/2008(UTC)
Posts: 3,678
United States
Location: Southeast Illinois; MQ-Pg 5, Post 130

Thanks: 397 times
Was thanked: 1231 time(s) in 668 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Twhite Go to Quoted Post
Still stuck at loading File 1 after leaving it overnight for 6 hours. When I unplugged the USB cord from the back last night it restarted the process of downloading File 1 so don't really want to have to go through that again. I'm going through a ton of ink and paper going through the calibration and alignment processes each time I restart the whole reformat process. Crying



The same thing is happening to me as well. I'm getting so frustrated...and I too am going through lots of paper with this issue. I never had any problems updating my I until this last go-round.Cursing
IvaYoungs Offline
#160 Posted : Sunday, July 31, 2011 5:50:41 PM(UTC)
IvaYoungs

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Joined: 11/17/2007(UTC)
Posts: 331
Location: Texas

Thanks: 40 times
Was thanked: 72 time(s) in 38 post(s)
patty what did you do to get your machine to cut again?
Patty R Offline
#161 Posted : Tuesday, August 02, 2011 12:47:28 AM(UTC)
Patty R

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 6/29/2007(UTC)
Posts: 51
Location: SW Washington

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Originally Posted by: *Iva~in~Texas* Go to Quoted Post
patty what did you do to get your machine to cut again?

Went through several tries at the restore.
Recalibrated at least 4 more times.
Played with the cords during the process.
Stood on my head.
Threatened to throw the machine out the door.
Repeated the above again.. then some how it started to cut.

Sorry not more clear..but this whole process is a joke.


)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
Other things I noticed.......

As I tested how or if the old mats would work in the Imagine.. with my Gypsy..I found out you can NOT use the older mats...it locks up the imagine and I had to reboot both Gypy and Imagine. The Imagine mats have special guide line marks to run the memory for the imagine.

I do not like the lack of control where on your mat you can cut an image. My mat will wear out in that one place.(Looking for help from others who may have figured this out)

Also will we ever be able to weld on the imagine with my Gypsy?

There is no point to using it until I can stock up on more mats. (I usually work with 5-6 mats per project.)I thought I could use the Imagine to cut with the old carts..but I can not cut through the regular Gypsy side..I have to pull my carts up through the Imagine which has no welding or control of placement on the mat.

Glare

 1 user thanked Patty R for this useful post.
Emerald on 8/6/2011(UTC)
IvaYoungs Offline
#162 Posted : Saturday, August 06, 2011 8:05:48 AM(UTC)
IvaYoungs

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Joined: 11/17/2007(UTC)
Posts: 331
Location: Texas

Thanks: 40 times
Was thanked: 72 time(s) in 38 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Pattywitha(Y) Go to Quoted Post
After sitting on the SEND UPDATED CONTENT part for another 30 mins I decided to UNPLUG/REPLUG THE USB PORT ON THE COMPUTER.

It is now SENDING FILE 1 OF 2. (fINALLY SOMETHING IS HAPPENING)

tHERE really needs to be a better way of doing this for newbies.

30 mins have gone by and it has appeared to have stalled at the very end of the FILE 1. I will let it sit for a while to see what happens.

I was impatient and unplugged the usb again..bad move.. back to SENDING FILE 1 of 2

not progressing again...
Inplugged/replugged cord from/to Imagine.Green processing bar working again.

It refuses to finish file 1 and advance to file 2.

I let it sit over night.

I need to also mention that the Imagine is not cutting anything.
I tried to calibrate the blade at that time with no responce from the Imagine. That is what put me into the Format and Restore plan.

I have tried to unplug the USB about 3 or 4 more times. I can get it to reload file 1, but it will not advance to file 2.

Now my hubby is involved and after this current try, he will switch to his computer.



Thanks Patty! DH ended up restoring it for me.
Patty R Offline
#163 Posted : Saturday, August 06, 2011 9:59:25 PM(UTC)
Patty R

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 6/29/2007(UTC)
Posts: 51
Location: SW Washington

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
I wonder how everyone is doing now?
PurpleScrapper Offline
#164 Posted : Sunday, August 21, 2011 3:52:51 PM(UTC)
PurpleScrapper

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Joined: 8/8/2006(UTC)
Posts: 733
Location: Wildomar, CA

Thanks: 151 times
Was thanked: 152 time(s) in 97 post(s)
Spending my Sunday afternoon trying to get my I to work properly is not my idea of of crafty time! Cursing Updates won't work...restore won't work...very frustrated! Crying
DemetraSalting Offline
#165 Posted : Saturday, August 27, 2011 1:26:26 PM(UTC)
DemetraSalting

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/25/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1

I am trying to complete a restore, but the restore is stuck at 'Imagine Restart'.
My USB works and I hear it as I plug and unplug. I have unplugged the power source from the back then replugged and pushed the power button.
As per the machine, it shows powered however teh Sync is sitting at 'Imagine Restart'.

What should I do next?
Anneh Offline
#166 Posted : Saturday, September 03, 2011 6:24:05 AM(UTC)
Anneh

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/8/2008(UTC)
Posts: 44

Thanks: 26 times
Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Hi Chris or anyone else who can help me, I have tried system restore about six times, it is getting as far as sending updated content and won't go any further, I have tried switching my Imagine off but this does not help.Blushing Crying

What can I do next to get this machine updated as it is not recognising some of my cartidges Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Cursing Crying Angry

Thanks
Anne
inky-smudges Offline
#167 Posted : Thursday, October 27, 2011 5:44:54 PM(UTC)
inky-smudges

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/6/2007(UTC)
Posts: 21
Location: NW Minnesota

Thanks: 2 times
Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
WHEW! Thanks to the system restore, I was able to successfully update my Imagine. I actually had to try run through this process a couple of times before it actually worked.
Gadget girl Offline
#168 Posted : Thursday, November 03, 2011 2:28:58 AM(UTC)
Gadget girl

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/3/2010(UTC)
Posts: 836
United Kingdom
Location: Devon, UK

Thanks: 508 times
Was thanked: 424 time(s) in 184 post(s)
I am having issues with my Imagine not reading Elegant Edges, Paper Lace, Sopisticated and Art PHilosophy. My version is 1.01 (0117:0032:0239:202A) Dont want to do the update as I dont want my machine killed are we just left to our own devices now on this message board. Where is the people to help us? Is this going to be fixed soon. What version should we be on? Susan
Thaiti30 Offline
#169 Posted : Friday, November 25, 2011 10:37:16 PM(UTC)
Thaiti30

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/5/2008(UTC)
Posts: 11
Location: PA

Thanks: 5 times
Hi Chris,
I am trying to install the Cricut sync software to my PC laptop and this is the 4 th time I have tried to download it for the past 4 days and this is the error message I get:

The application could not be installed because the installer file is damaged. Try obtaining a new installer file from the application author.
Can you please help!!!!!!!!!! Confused Confused Confused Confused
rupertsfriend42b2531830 Offline
#170 Posted : Tuesday, November 29, 2011 2:22:05 PM(UTC)
rupertsfriend42b2531830

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/28/2011(UTC)
Posts: 20
United States
Location: Texas

How long does it take this thing to even download the recovery data? It's been going for nearly 20 minutes and it hasn't showed that it's downloaded anything on the Cricut Sync's Restore page... There are zero (0) bars... is this going to take a couple of hours or something or do I need to try this again? Cursing
Coah'sNana Offline
#171 Posted : Tuesday, November 29, 2011 5:06:17 PM(UTC)
Coah'sNana

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Joined: 2/19/2011(UTC)
Posts: 7,669
Virgin Islands (U.S.)
Location: 'Almost Heaven' West Virginia

Thanks: 20381 times
Was thanked: 17143 time(s) in 4566 post(s)
Originally Posted by: rupertsfriend42b2531830 Go to Quoted Post
How long does it take this thing to even download the recovery data? It's been going for nearly 20 minutes and it hasn't showed that it's downloaded anything on the Cricut Sync's Restore page... There are zero (0) bars... is this going to take a couple of hours or something or do I need to try this again? Cursing



Replied to your PM
rupertsfriend42b2531830 Offline
#172 Posted : Tuesday, November 29, 2011 5:37:26 PM(UTC)
rupertsfriend42b2531830

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/28/2011(UTC)
Posts: 20
United States
Location: Texas

Coah'sNana, I tried to PM you but it said your inbox is full Flapper but this is the update:


The only screen I can get on the Imagine is the one that says insert the original cartridge to update your imagine. I can't get any other screen to show up. When I was installing the device it did something crazy to me, I got to the end of the setup where it says to disconnect and reconnect the USB.. so I did that and it kept saying it was connected! Turned the Imagine off and on and different ports but it kept saying the same thing. So I clicked the Yes button to finish installing it... then I reopened the setup and it said the device was installed. Crazy right? So then I go back to trying to turn on the cutter normally and the computer wouldn't do it's ding noise to say it's connected. When I put it into the restore mode the computer does the little ding noise and the cricutsync software acknowledges that it's connected and then starts the download process. It never downloads anything though... it's like it gets stuck and it doesn't even try to download a single file... Angry
Coah'sNana Offline
#173 Posted : Tuesday, November 29, 2011 5:59:30 PM(UTC)
Coah'sNana

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Joined: 2/19/2011(UTC)
Posts: 7,669
Virgin Islands (U.S.)
Location: 'Almost Heaven' West Virginia

Thanks: 20381 times
Was thanked: 17143 time(s) in 4566 post(s)
Originally Posted by: rupertsfriend42b2531830 Go to Quoted Post
Coah'sNana, I tried to PM you but it said your inbox is full Flapper but this is the update:


The only screen I can get on the Imagine is the one that says insert the original cartridge to update your imagine. I can't get any other screen to show up. When I was installing the device it did something crazy to me, I got to the end of the setup where it says to disconnect and reconnect the USB.. so I did that and it kept saying it was connected! Turned the Imagine off and on and different ports but it kept saying the same thing. So I clicked the Yes button to finish installing it... then I reopened the setup and it said the device was installed. Crazy right? So then I go back to trying to turn on the cutter normally and the computer wouldn't do it's ding noise to say it's connected. When I put it into the restore mode the computer does the little ding noise and the cricutsync software acknowledges that it's connected and then starts the download process. It never downloads anything though... it's like it gets stuck and it doesn't even try to download a single file... Angry



Sorry, I cleaned out my box. Silly question to be asking now, but did you ever get through the intial setup of the machine,i.e. the align print heads, calibration, etc? Was your Imagine More cart good? I ask because I just bought a second machine this weekend and it never even asked for that cartridge. I found that odd because my first one did.

Anyway, I digress. See highlighted questions and expand on these. What did you install and what is in restore mode? Generally if you are connected to C-Sync and it doesn't begin downloading, it means that your anti-virus and/or firewall are blocking it and you will have this problem either with a regular update or a restore. Do you have both disabled? You can PM me back.
rupertsfriend42b2531830 Offline
#174 Posted : Tuesday, November 29, 2011 6:38:55 PM(UTC)
rupertsfriend42b2531830

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/28/2011(UTC)
Posts: 20
United States
Location: Texas

Since the night I got it the only thing it shows on the screen is the message "Please insert your Original Cricut Cartridge to update your Imagine" I can't make it do anything.. it only says that and the restore mode - I mean when i'm trying to do a System Restore. I.e, the first step on the instructions Chris provided Blushing

Originally Posted by: 14cross Go to Quoted Post
Attached are updated instructions on doing a System Restore of your Imagine machine.

A System Restore should be done when a content update or firmware update will not successfully load. Try doing the update at least two times before doing a System Restore.

Chris
Provo Craft

Coah'sNana Offline
#175 Posted : Tuesday, November 29, 2011 7:10:26 PM(UTC)
Coah'sNana

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Joined: 2/19/2011(UTC)
Posts: 7,669
Virgin Islands (U.S.)
Location: 'Almost Heaven' West Virginia

Thanks: 20381 times
Was thanked: 17143 time(s) in 4566 post(s)
Originally Posted by: rupertsfriend42b2531830 Go to Quoted Post
Since the night I got it the only thing it shows on the screen is the message "Please insert your Original Cricut Cartridge to update your Imagine" I can't make it do anything.. it only says that and the restore mode - I mean when i'm trying to do a System Restore. I.e, the first step on the instructions Chris provided Blushing




I must not have seen your original posts.

Is the cartridge (Imagine More) that came with your machine not working when you insert it?

If you turn your machine off and back on, what displays on the menu?

I've asked Khrista to join us over here as I've only ever had to do a restore once.

Edited by user Tuesday, November 29, 2011 7:23:53 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Khrista Offline
#176 Posted : Tuesday, November 29, 2011 8:03:38 PM(UTC)
Khrista

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 5/12/2010(UTC)
Posts: 5,360
United States
Location: Southwest Washington State

Thanks: 1444 times
Was thanked: 2510 time(s) in 1398 post(s)
Originally Posted by: rupertsfriend42b2531830 Go to Quoted Post
Since the night I got it the only thing it shows on the screen is the message "Please insert your Original Cricut Cartridge to update your Imagine" I can't make it do anything.. it only says that and the restore mode - I mean when i'm trying to do a System Restore. I.e, the first step on the instructions Chris provided Blushing





Hi! I think I responded somewhere else on the board too, so I apologize if this is a repeat. I've been responding to losts of messages :) Could you answer the following for us:

1. Are you on a Mac or PC?

2. Have you downloaded cricutsync? (guessing yes)

3. When hook the Imagine to the computer, turn on the Imagine (minus any cartridges), and open up cricutsync - what message does cricutsync tell you?

4. If it says update/restore needed type thing, what happens when you ok it to do whatever it is asking? What does that screen look like? Is there a % or green bar? or do you just have the list of steps with little circles to the left that shows what each step is it'll go through?


A restore can take an hour on high speed internet. With the server bogged from folks updating, it's probably taking longer.

If you could answer these, it'd help a great deal in giving you some guidance.
:)Khrista
rupertsfriend42b2531830 Offline
#177 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2011 7:04:20 AM(UTC)
rupertsfriend42b2531830

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/28/2011(UTC)
Posts: 20
United States
Location: Texas

Originally Posted by: Khrista Go to Quoted Post
Hi! I think I responded somewhere else on the board too, so I apologize if this is a repeat. I've been responding to losts of messages :) Could you answer the following for us:

1. Are you on a Mac or PC?

2. Have you downloaded cricutsync? (guessing yes)

3. When hook the Imagine to the computer, turn on the Imagine (minus any cartridges), and open up cricutsync - what message does cricutsync tell you?

4. If it says update/restore needed type thing, what happens when you ok it to do whatever it is asking? What does that screen look like? Is there a % or green bar? or do you just have the list of steps with little circles to the left that shows what each step is it'll go through?


A restore can take an hour on high speed internet. With the server bogged from folks updating, it's probably taking longer.

If you could answer these, it'd help a great deal in giving you some guidance.
:)Khrista



Running on PC

I have downloaded CricutSync

When I turn on my Imagine it says, "Insert the included cartridge to update your Cricut Imagine with the latest features before using." I plug it in and turn it on but no ding noise saying it's connected. I installed the driver twice now.. when I hold the menu and the button below it and press the power button and it goes into the blue screen mode, my computer registers it's connected. Unsure

When I try to do the System Restore it says it's connected and then starts trying to download files but nothing ever gets downloaded (it's the green bar) I left it going for an hour but still nothing.

Victoria
Coah'sNana Offline
#178 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2011 7:45:05 AM(UTC)
Coah'sNana

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Joined: 2/19/2011(UTC)
Posts: 7,669
Virgin Islands (U.S.)
Location: 'Almost Heaven' West Virginia

Thanks: 20381 times
Was thanked: 17143 time(s) in 4566 post(s)
Originally Posted by: rupertsfriend42b2531830 Go to Quoted Post
Running on PC

I have downloaded CricutSync

When I turn on my Imagine it says, "Insert the included cartridge to update your Cricut Imagine with the latest features before using." I plug it in and turn it on but no ding noise saying it's connected. I installed the driver twice now.. when I hold the menu and the button below it and press the power button and it goes into the blue screen mode, my computer registers it's connected. Unsure

When I try to do the System Restore it says it's connected and then starts trying to download files but nothing ever gets downloaded (it's the green bar) I left it going for an hour but still nothing.

Victoria


Hi Victoria - see above hightlight. This is asking you to insert the included Imagine More cart into the slot on the right side of the machine. Did you do that? Does the light on the cartridge come on? What happens when you insert it? (Your machine should not be connected to your PC at this point).
rupertsfriend42b2531830 Offline
#179 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2011 1:45:06 PM(UTC)
rupertsfriend42b2531830

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/28/2011(UTC)
Posts: 20
United States
Location: Texas

I've tried that 100 times and the little light on it comes on but the machine itself doesn't do anything
Khrista Offline
#180 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2011 6:30:14 PM(UTC)
Khrista

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 5/12/2010(UTC)
Posts: 5,360
United States
Location: Southwest Washington State

Thanks: 1444 times
Was thanked: 2510 time(s) in 1398 post(s)
Originally Posted by: rupertsfriend42b2531830 Go to Quoted Post
Running on PC

I have downloaded CricutSync

When I turn on my Imagine it says, "Insert the included cartridge to update your Cricut Imagine with the latest features before using." I plug it in and turn it on but no ding noise saying it's connected. I installed the driver twice now.. when I hold the menu and the button below it and press the power button and it goes into the blue screen mode, my computer registers it's connected. Unsure

When I try to do the System Restore it says it's connected and then starts trying to download files but nothing ever gets downloaded (it's the green bar) I left it going for an hour but still nothing.

Victoria



Hi. I'm on west coast time so just got home to get emails today. Ok. Last thing I can think of to try, otherwise I'd call PC if you haven't already. Uninstall Cricutsync. Get rid of it. Redownload it and install it (make sure your antivirus and firewall are temporarily off when you do). Download the newest version of adobe air: http://www.adobe.com/downloads/ . Once that's done, try the restore one more itme. If the green bar is not progressing after 5 minutes, unplug the USB from the computer and plug it back in. If it still doesn't move, unplug it again and plug it into a different USB. Give it 5 minutes to see if that kicks it into gear.

If the above doesn't work, then call PC. I guess they now have the ability to take over a computer if you allow them to (can't do it otherwise) and someone else had them do that and got it taken care of.

Sorry it's been such a frustration :(
Khrista
Users browsing this topic
Guest (3)
8 Pages«<45678>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF | YAF © 2003-2014, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 2.573 seconds.
nebo-cricut-01