Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

CricketCMV Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, August 01, 2011 3:46:21 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 8174 time(s) in 4793 post(s)
While I really do understand everyone's frustrations with not being BETA TESTERS (believe me, I feel very, very fortunate to be one and I believe the only reason was because I was a PREMIER MEMBER of the CIRCLE from the beginning (meeting a deadline and paying the money up front--no, I'm not rich, but I did sacrifice other things in my life and am pretty much on a sabbatical of buying any new crafting supplies/cartridges/etc., from last year up to now and beyond), I would like to make a suggestion for many of you who are very interested in this new FREE program.

I remember when I first bought my EXPRESSION, I was afraid to open the box. It sat in the box for about three months (due to time constraints to really get into it and because I was very leery of being able to do anything with it)!! In the meantime, until I got more comfortable about opening the box, I read a lot of the posts on the MB that had anything to do with the EXPRESSION, making cards and all the tips and tricks that were flowing, daily, on the MB. I finally got up the nerve and opened the box--and, the rest is history!! I use my machine almost daily since February, 2008.

HERE'S MY SUGGESTION for those interested in the FREE CRAFTROOM that I, too, along with OPs who have said we think you are going to really love this program when it DOES open to everyone:

GO TO MALLORYM's posts (her STICKYs at the top of this forum) and read every one of them until CRAFTROOM opens up to all of you. It only takes a few minutes to "catch up" and there is a lot of valuable information there that will help all of us. Not all of it will pertain to all of us; but, it's still good information to know, in case it will pertain to us and what we do in the future. It's an on-going, learning process.

When CRAFTROOM comes out for everyone to enjoy, I think you'll be glad you did this.

There is also a thread on QUESTIONS and MalloryM also answers those in one of the other STICKYs.

Maybe you're all doing this anyway; I think it's very useful.

Char
 4 users thanked CricketCMV for this useful post.
luv_scrappin on 8/3/2011(UTC), jodie R on 8/3/2011(UTC), D. CarolBaker on 8/4/2011(UTC), JenniferPalmer on 8/5/2011(UTC)
scrapncathy Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 04, 2011 10:21:10 AM(UTC)
scrapncathy

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 21 post(s)
Maybe you are a beta tester because you are a circle member but I am not one and I am a Beta tester. If I remember correctly you could request to be one back in April/May? Not sure if what I am saying is correct because I honestly had forgotten about the whole thing. I too was frustraited with the whole thing and gave up months ago. This morning I decided to try it and it's working for me. Patience is the best word here with new things with Cricut. They never work when they are projected to work? (to me it seems!)They will eventually, we all have spent a lot of $$$ and Provo Craft is aware of that. They can only do so much..... takes time to program computers etc.!
 1 user thanked scrapncathy for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 8/5/2011(UTC)
Soo Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, August 05, 2011 9:25:28 AM(UTC)
Soo

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 226 time(s) in 143 post(s)
I know you are just trying to be helpful - but I'll be honest when I read your post I just felt I was being lectured to by the Headmaster.

Your suggestions would be great if we all learned the same way - but we don't. You took months to try out your Expression, my Imagine was out of the box and printing/cutting in about 10 minutes. I just want to play. I don't want to read about what other people are doing - I just want to get on and try it for myself.

The Gypsy is a joke with the Imagine (no welding, you still have to use the physical cartridges, no placing items on the mat....) and it is very frustrating not being able to get the full functionality out of this machine that I've been promised for months and months.
 2 users thanked Soo for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 8/5/2011(UTC), HyacinthBucket on 8/6/2011(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, August 05, 2011 2:31:22 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 8174 time(s) in 4793 post(s)
Right now, I don't care to answer to either of these posts; I have been very frustrated with the Security Codes that in five days have only allowed me to make one post!

I feel like I don't even want to be a part of anything right now.

I am almost certain this post won't go through; and yet, I'm sure it will because it's not the nicest post I could make.

Sorry to make anyone feel they are being lectured! And, you're right, I was only trying to be helpful.

Emerald Offline
#5 Posted : Friday, August 05, 2011 2:43:25 PM(UTC)
Emerald

United States
Location: In the shop my DH is sharing with me to create! Love the space.

Was thanked: 591 time(s) in 547 post(s)
Thank you so very much Char!
I have been very leery getting into
learning this new program. My DIL was
a beta tester and she was trilled with the
program and shared input for easier usage.
However, as much as she is thrilled, I am not.
But with this helpful info you have put together
I will give it a try.
So very kind of you Wub
Cheri
 1 user thanked Emerald for this useful post.
angiegypsy Offline
#6 Posted : Friday, August 05, 2011 2:59:08 PM(UTC)
angiegypsy

Was thanked: 185 time(s) in 161 post(s)
Cursing Rude, much.
 1 user thanked angiegypsy for this useful post.
SuzieQ Offline
#7 Posted : Saturday, August 06, 2011 1:21:32 AM(UTC)
SuzieQ

Canada

Was thanked: 65 time(s) in 48 post(s)
Thank You for your suggestions, but where do I find the "sticky" people keep talking about?
 1 user thanked SuzieQ for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 8/6/2011(UTC)
Krissypapercrafts Offline
#8 Posted : Saturday, August 06, 2011 2:15:12 AM(UTC)
Krissypapercrafts

Was thanked: 159 time(s) in 103 post(s)
I don't usually jump in on posts where people get upset (My hobbies are suppose to be fun and I try to keep it that way). But I do remember reading posts where people get upset at PC for rushing to get products out and not testing it properly. Well this is what they are doing and they are probably just having many bugs and they want to get them fixed before they release it to everyone. Don't forget it is FREE! I have always been a wait and see kind of person (especially when it comes to computer software) I would rather have ALL the bugs out before I use or purchase it! Besides, look at all the help we will get from others which will save time and frustration for the rest of us! I get more fustrated by the bugs then waiting! So please don't get upset with the person that posted this thread, she is just trying to help. I'm sure there are many people who have just cause to be upset when you have spent $$$ and the product was not delivered as promised, I would suggest taking this up with PC by writting a letter or whatever to get your issue resolved.

Enjoy your hobby, be kind to one another, and enjoy life

Kristina
 2 users thanked Krissypapercrafts for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 8/6/2011(UTC), Alla_S on 8/9/2011(UTC)
Soo Offline
#9 Posted : Saturday, August 06, 2011 5:31:22 AM(UTC)
Soo

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 226 time(s) in 143 post(s)
Apologies to all and to CricketCMV in particular. My post came across far more harshly than I intended. And certainly my frustration is NOT with anyone who has been invited but with Provocraft. I appreciate that Beta testing can be a frustrating experience. But whenever people who are lucky enouogh to have something, try to explain why people who don't have it should be patient, or ok with their lot in life it rubs me up the wrong way. It probably always will - even when I know (as I said in my original post) they are only trying to be helpful.

I do want Provocraft to get this right - but when you invest in something on a promise - and that promise starts to look like a bit of a pipe dream I think you have every right to ask questions. (PC originally announced an April launch date and included it as part of the Expression anniversary marketing- and now we're in August and reports are NOT good).
 1 user thanked Soo for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 8/6/2011(UTC)
Narelle Offline
#10 Posted : Saturday, August 06, 2011 5:53:20 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7902 time(s) in 3704 post(s)
Originally Posted by: SuzieQ Go to Quoted Post
Thank You for your suggestions, but where do I find the "sticky" people keep talking about?

http://community.provocraft.com...t-Room-Beta-Updates.aspx