Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

MaryScraps Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 03, 2011 1:40:56 PM(UTC)
MaryScraps

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 11/25/2008(UTC)
Posts: 7,507
United States

Thanks: 9304 times
Was thanked: 6935 time(s) in 2822 post(s)
Has anyone used the Simply Screen In by Plaid. Does it work good?
I like that they offer a variety of colors.

Edited by user Wednesday, August 03, 2011 1:41:29 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

starcommander Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 03, 2011 2:27:11 PM(UTC)
starcommander

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/4/2010(UTC)
Posts: 253

Thanks: 358 times
Was thanked: 160 time(s) in 93 post(s)
I read a review somewhere online that it dried and clogged up someone's screen.....but I haven't used it personally....would like to know the answer to this too. I saw some in my HL and it is lots cheaper than other screenprint ink!!
Patty
MaryScraps Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 03, 2011 2:35:59 PM(UTC)
MaryScraps

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 11/25/2008(UTC)
Posts: 7,507
United States

Thanks: 9304 times
Was thanked: 6935 time(s) in 2822 post(s)
I'm going to try it. Any screen ink can dry and clog the screen up. Your suppose to mist your screen with water so it doesn't dry. This is with any screen ink.

I will report back about it when I try it.
 1 user thanked MaryScraps for this useful post.
Teresa Turner on 8/3/2011(UTC)
starcommander Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 03, 2011 2:42:07 PM(UTC)
starcommander

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/4/2010(UTC)
Posts: 253

Thanks: 358 times
Was thanked: 160 time(s) in 93 post(s)
Just found a link to this blog...she tried both and posted pictures....let me know how it works for you!!

http://mmdezigns.blogspo...aints.html#axzz1U0Kdtj7x



Thanks
Patty

Edited by user Wednesday, August 03, 2011 2:43:27 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MaryScraps Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, August 03, 2011 3:49:31 PM(UTC)
MaryScraps

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 11/25/2008(UTC)
Posts: 7,507
United States

Thanks: 9304 times
Was thanked: 6935 time(s) in 2822 post(s)
Thank You that was a big help. I also read you can't use water to mist the screen it weakens the paint.
I guess your suppose to flood fill the screen with ink to keep it from drying out.
Princessaam Offline
#6 Posted : Thursday, August 04, 2011 7:37:19 AM(UTC)
Princessaam

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 4/20/2009(UTC)
Posts: 1,038
Location: Newman, Ca

Thanks: 4 times
Was thanked: 289 time(s) in 196 post(s)
do NOT use Fabric PAINT for screen printing. It will dry almost instantly into your screen. And YES... if oyu need ot leave your screen in the middle of a project for a bit, flood the screen and the INK won't dry into the screen. Never use water on your screens unless your cleaning it.

~M
MaryScraps Offline
#7 Posted : Saturday, August 06, 2011 3:53:29 PM(UTC)
MaryScraps

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 11/25/2008(UTC)
Posts: 7,507
United States

Thanks: 9304 times
Was thanked: 6935 time(s) in 2822 post(s)
Simply Screen isn't fabric paint it is Water Base Screen printing ink.
I contacted the company and they don't recommend using this with the Yudu.
They recommend using it with their screens.
I guess thats to be expected that the company wants you to use it with their screen products.
NewfyMom Offline
#8 Posted : Saturday, August 06, 2011 7:46:11 PM(UTC)
NewfyMom

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/11/2008(UTC)
Posts: 745

Thanks: 136 times
Was thanked: 205 time(s) in 126 post(s)
Exactly. If it's ink it should work on all silk screens. If it's paint it isn't meant to be silk screened. I was under the impression that Plaid was paint. I guess I'll take a second look. RollEyes
MaryScraps Offline
#9 Posted : Thursday, August 11, 2011 3:05:22 AM(UTC)
MaryScraps

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 11/25/2008(UTC)
Posts: 7,507
United States

Thanks: 9304 times
Was thanked: 6935 time(s) in 2822 post(s)
On the bottle it does say Screen Printing Paint. So I tested it out to compare with the yudu ink on paper. The Screen Printing Paint is slightly thinner then the Yudu Ink. They dry in the same amount of time.
After watching the video by the company they clearly use screens for this product. I will be testing it with my Yudu.
They both need to be heat set. They recommend the project sit over night as does the Yudu ink.

Starcommader gave a link to a blog where someone did use it with the Yudu and it does work with it.
I think if you clean you screen immediately after use it shouldn't be a problem.

I will do some testing this weekend if time allows me to.
 1 user thanked MaryScraps for this useful post.
NewfyMom on 8/16/2011(UTC)
Nadia withglitteringeyes.blogspot.com Offline
#10 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 7:21:27 AM(UTC)
Nadia withglitteringeyes.blogspot.com

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 1/3/2009(UTC)
Posts: 11,498
United States
Location: Kentucky

Thanks: 13639 times
Was thanked: 12577 time(s) in 5050 post(s)
These worked out great! I purchased four colors that I hadn't been able to find anywhere else. I liked them just fine. They are $3 for 2oz. I priced my fav Ryonet at 84 cents/oz and Yudu (which I also love) at $2.33/oz. This comes in the middle at $1.50/oz.

They are thicker than the Speedball, which I don't like at all but thinner than Yudu. They seemed to work just fine. I was playing a bit with floodfilling diagonally on a shirt for my little girl and using multiple colors, but this is what I came up with. Hope it helps to answer your question.



Edited by user Friday, August 12, 2011 7:38:20 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

 1 user thanked Nadia withglitteringeyes.blogspot.com for this useful post.
NewfyMom on 8/16/2011(UTC)
MaryScraps Offline
#11 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 3:25:56 PM(UTC)
MaryScraps

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 11/25/2008(UTC)
Posts: 7,507
United States

Thanks: 9304 times
Was thanked: 6935 time(s) in 2822 post(s)
For my first project I made my granddaughter a couple shirts.



Shirt

Shirt


My First project using Simply Screen Paint. It worked great.

OMG Pink and Fairytale
MaryScraps Offline
#12 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 3:26:57 PM(UTC)
MaryScraps

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 11/25/2008(UTC)
Posts: 7,507
United States

Thanks: 9304 times
Was thanked: 6935 time(s) in 2822 post(s)
Originally Posted by: NadiaH-McConnell Go to Quoted Post
These worked out great! I purchased four colors that I hadn't been able to find anywhere else. I liked them just fine. They are $3 for 2oz. I priced my fav Ryonet at 84 cents/oz and Yudu (which I also love) at $2.33/oz. This comes in the middle at $1.50/oz.

They are thicker than the Speedball, which I don't like at all but thinner than Yudu. They seemed to work just fine. I was playing a bit with floodfilling diagonally on a shirt for my little girl and using multiple colors, but this is what I came up with. Hope it helps to answer your question.







Wow your getting really good at this Nadia. I love your projects.
 1 user thanked MaryScraps for this useful post.
Nadia withglitteringeyes.blogspot.com Offline
#13 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 4:24:27 PM(UTC)
Nadia withglitteringeyes.blogspot.com

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 1/3/2009(UTC)
Posts: 11,498
United States
Location: Kentucky

Thanks: 13639 times
Was thanked: 12577 time(s) in 5050 post(s)
Looks like your first projects are perfect!! Aren't you LOVING your Yudu!! Looks like we like the same colors.BigGrin
 1 user thanked Nadia withglitteringeyes.blogspot.com for this useful post.
MaryScraps on 8/13/2011(UTC)
CherylAckerman Offline
#14 Posted : Tuesday, August 16, 2011 9:05:42 AM(UTC)
CherylAckerman

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/3/2009(UTC)
Posts: 4

Thanks: 1 times
These are shirts I made with the simply screen and the yudu cardmaker. I now have a full sized yudu on the way because this was a pain in the butt doing each shirt in 3 separate vinyl sections. I like how they came out though.
Hope this helped...

I can't figure out how to add pictures but they did come out good. :)
File Attachment(s):
101_4780.JPG (1,730kb) downloaded 39 time(s).
101_4779.JPG (3,678kb) downloaded 29 time(s).
NewfyMom Offline
#15 Posted : Tuesday, August 16, 2011 10:02:55 AM(UTC)
NewfyMom

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/11/2008(UTC)
Posts: 745

Thanks: 136 times
Was thanked: 205 time(s) in 126 post(s)
OMGoodness Ladies! Those are great.

ScrapGram Love Love Love ACY and Read and Bloom! If you don't mind I might scraplift that. Our family are big readers, it would be fun for a tshirt give away at the school.

Nadia-I love how those mixed. My gymnastic shirt in April wasn't as opaque as I would like and when you are blending you can't go over it twice, so I left it. Glad to see that Plaid has caught up. I agree that Speedball isn't my favorite because it's too thin but I prefer the tub for reclaiming ink and I prefer the price of Speedball to Yudu. I really really like Yudu inks, I just can't afford them. Bored

Cheryl-Your pictures aren't resized for the MB to see them so people will have to click a link and download them. Typically A LOT less people will take the time. I for one just don't like to download all those pics on my computer, so I usually don't.

Unsolictited Advice alert: FOR PCs
If you open your picture on your computer and "right" click you should see a menu with the option "open with".
Open with Microsoft Office (it's a picture management tool).
From across the top menu you will see Edit Picture (you may want to do a save as first so you don't resize your orginal)
Choose Edit Picture and a menu will come on the right side of the screen
Choose Compress Picture
Choose Web Page and click OK at the bottom
Save Picture

Now when you use the compressed picture it will show on postings.

This is a protective measure put in place to keep the speed of the MB up. Too many big pics slows down the works. It's the same reason I don't open pics that aren't resized, because it will slow down my computer eventually. Even my personal pics of my PC/Yudu stuff are resized since they are reference material and not family pics. It takes up less space on my computer that way.

HTH! BigGrin
 1 user thanked NewfyMom for this useful post.
MaryScraps on 8/16/2011(UTC)
LisaDavis19 Offline
#16 Posted : Tuesday, August 16, 2011 10:16:33 AM(UTC)
LisaDavis19

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/12/2010(UTC)
Posts: 115

Thanks: 18 times
Was thanked: 42 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Looks GREAT and I love the colors!! It looks like it covers well on the darker color shirts.
LisaDavis19 Offline
#17 Posted : Tuesday, August 16, 2011 10:17:43 AM(UTC)
LisaDavis19

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/12/2010(UTC)
Posts: 115

Thanks: 18 times
Was thanked: 42 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Forgot to ask...what is the price like compared to the YUDU brand?
MaryScraps Offline
#18 Posted : Tuesday, August 16, 2011 2:56:20 PM(UTC)
MaryScraps

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 11/25/2008(UTC)
Posts: 7,507
United States

Thanks: 9304 times
Was thanked: 6935 time(s) in 2822 post(s)
Originally Posted by: NewfyMom Go to Quoted Post
OMGoodness Ladies! Those are great.

ScrapGram Love Love Love ACY and Read and Bloom! If you don't mind I might scraplift that. Our family are big readers, it would be fun for a tshirt give away at the school.

Nadia-I love how those mixed. My gymnastic shirt in April wasn't as opaque as I would like and when you are blending you can't go over it twice, so I left it. Glad to see that Plaid has caught up. I agree that Speedball isn't my favorite because it's too thin but I prefer the tub for reclaiming ink and I prefer the price of Speedball to Yudu. I really really like Yudu inks, I just can't afford them. Bored

Cheryl-Your pictures aren't resized for the MB to see them so people will have to click a link and download them. Typically A LOT less people will take the time. I for one just don't like to download all those pics on my computer, so I usually don't.

Unsolictited Advice alert: FOR PCs
If you open your picture on your computer and "right" click you should see a menu with the option "open with".
Open with Microsoft Office (it's a picture management tool).
From across the top menu you will see Edit Picture (you may want to do a save as first so you don't resize your orginal)
Choose Edit Picture and a menu will come on the right side of the screen
Choose Compress Picture
Choose Web Page and click OK at the bottom
Save Picture

Now when you use the compressed picture it will show on postings.

This is a protective measure put in place to keep the speed of the MB up. Too many big pics slows down the works. It's the same reason I don't open pics that aren't resized, because it will slow down my computer eventually. Even my personal pics of my PC/Yudu stuff are resized since they are reference material and not family pics. It takes up less space on my computer that way.

HTH! BigGrin




You surely can scraplift the read and bloom shirt. My granddaughter has loved books being read to her since she learned how to sit up. She's 3 now and always is wanting stories read to her. I thought this design fit her perfectly to what she likes.
MaryScraps Offline
#19 Posted : Tuesday, August 16, 2011 2:59:44 PM(UTC)
MaryScraps

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 11/25/2008(UTC)
Posts: 7,507
United States

Thanks: 9304 times
Was thanked: 6935 time(s) in 2822 post(s)
Originally Posted by: LisaDavis19 Go to Quoted Post
Forgot to ask...what is the price like compared to the YUDU brand?



Joanns.com has it on sale right now for $1.20 for 2 oz.
 1 user thanked MaryScraps for this useful post.
Users browsing this topic
Guest
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF | YAF © 2003-2014, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.860 seconds.
nebo-cricut-04