Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

JeniferDreyer Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2011 11:53:32 AM(UTC)
JeniferDreyer

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I really want to do the whole Snow White line, but just doing the Snow White was making me crazy. The base layer is way too big on the top (or I'm just not doing it correctly) and don't get me started on the eyes!

Does anyone have any tips or tricks?

Thanks,
Jenifer
SandyAlligood Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 09, 2012 3:06:08 PM(UTC)
SandyAlligood

Groups: Registered

I'm having the exact same problem...
I even went to you tube to see if anyone out there had created a video.....
1SuiteLady Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, February 20, 2012 7:32:54 PM(UTC)
1SuiteLady

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I found that several of the images are not quite the right size.

I am making notebook covers and sat for hours designing all of the 7 dwarfs on my design studio program. When I cut them out I realized they were way too big. So I had to start over.

The good news is my daughter works as a teacher of autistic children so they won't go to waste. I decided last weekend to make Snow White to go along with the 7 dwarfs. Like you stated earlier the pieces don't all match. It was much easier becauase I had to cut one 15 inches tall this time so I could see where everything was supposed to go.

The eyes were still a joke (at the 15" monster size) so I took out my trusty hand held whole punch... LOL. Cut 2 white holes. Cut 2 blue holes... glued them both together overlapping to show the white moons. Then carefully cut it again using the hole punch on the edge to make another moon on the blue side. (This can be done with manicure scissors due to the curve.) For the notebooks I did hand cut the eyes the same way only smaller.

When gluing the pieces onto the base. I simply started at the bodice and glued outward. The bodice was shortsided (on the right where her hand is up) so after gluing I simply made the left side appear as wide by drawing a thicker black line so it would match. The gown was obvious in the center line to draw and when I accidently dropped the marker (as every crafter knows, only YOU know that line is not supposed to be there) you fix it the best way you can.

I downloaded a photo from the disney site and used it as a guide then added more lines for texture on the skirt. The photo is almost the same with the exception of the bottom where the folds have been removed in the cricut cuts. The length was way longer so I flipped it and trimmed it off the base then marked it with the trusty black marker.

Added a little chalk and it was done. What we all have to remind ourselves from time to time is "It's our craft and what we know to be an imperfection is never seen by others".

If you notice I use smooth cardstock... its easier to add by hand (butting the edges and gluing the scrap) if the gap is too wide, a little chalk hides the imperfections, and the final marker lines to outline the details and edges to bring it to life.

Hope this helps.
1SuiteLady attached the following image(s):
Disney 002.JPG
 1 user thanked 1SuiteLady for this useful post.
NCScrappyD on 3/5/2013(UTC)
1SuiteLady Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, February 20, 2012 7:36:59 PM(UTC)
1SuiteLady

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Here are five of the seven dwarfs.

These notebooks are for children of battered women in a shelter to encourage journaling their emotions. I got them for a penny each before school started but didn't plan well and only got 15 of them. Not quite enough to adopt a classroom at school so they sat on the shelf until I got bored.
File Attachment(s):
Disney 2 003.JPG (1,026kb) downloaded 81 time(s).