Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Kate McClellan Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, September 16, 2011 5:50:57 AM(UTC)
Kate McClellan

Groups: Registered

I was finally able to access Craft Room today. There is no print option. When I went to the help screen, the message states that I have to have Design Studio. Is this true? Confused I actually have to BUY DS even though you are offering an online version? Please clarify. Thank you.

Edited by user Friday, September 16, 2011 5:52:49 AM(UTC)  | Reason: had the name wrong

mallorym Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, September 16, 2011 8:18:52 AM(UTC)
mallorym

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered, Cricut Community Moderator
United States

Was thanked: 338 time(s) in 120 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Kate McClellan Go to Quoted Post
I was finally able to access Craft Room today. There is no print option. When I went to the help screen, the message states that I have to have Design Studio. Is this true? Confused I actually have to BUY DS even though you are offering an online version? Please clarify. Thank you.

Hi Kate,

Can you explain more what you mean by there is no print option? Are referring to Print & Cut with the Imagine machine? First, you need to make sure you are using the desktop app, not the web app. You can download and install the desktop app at this link --look in the lower right corner of the page. When you log in to this version and design an Imaigne project, there will be a "GO" button in the upper right corner. If you click this button, it will take you through the steps to print and cut.

Also, would you show me where you saw the message that you need Design Studio?

Mallory
Kate McClellan Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, September 17, 2011 7:49:18 PM(UTC)
Kate McClellan

No, I use the Expression - not the Imagine. I was in the online Craft Room - clicked on all the cartridges I own to load the images, played around with one and when I went to print it, there is not an option. There is no green arrow that has "cut/print" on it. When I select the "Help/Feedback" arrow - and then choose "Options" and then choose the "Cut/Print" arrow, it states that Craft Room is for designing only, that I must have the desktop version.

I thought that this online software meant you would not have to have Design Studio. I am a bit confused now as to what the purpose of Craft Room is and how one prints from it if they do not wish to purchase Design Studio.

Here is the link inside of Craft Room, in the Help screens where it stays that the online version is for design only. http://beta.cricut.com/ccr/search.aspx?c=6. Update on that link - it won't take you to the exact place - but my path is listed above in the first paragraph.

Thank you for your help.

Edited by user Saturday, September 17, 2011 8:05:57 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

mallorym Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, September 19, 2011 10:46:46 AM(UTC)
mallorym

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered, Cricut Community Moderator
United States

Was thanked: 338 time(s) in 120 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Kate McClellan Go to Quoted Post
No, I use the Expression - not the Imagine. I was in the online Craft Room - clicked on all the cartridges I own to load the images, played around with one and when I went to print it, there is not an option. There is no green arrow that has "cut/print" on it. When I select the "Help/Feedback" arrow - and then choose "Options" and then choose the "Cut/Print" arrow, it states that Craft Room is for designing only, that I must have the desktop version.

I thought that this online software meant you would not have to have Design Studio. I am a bit confused now as to what the purpose of Craft Room is and how one prints from it if they do not wish to purchase Design Studio.

Here is the link inside of Craft Room, in the Help screens where it stays that the online version is for design only. http://beta.cricut.com/ccr/search.aspx?c=6. Update on that link - it won't take you to the exact place - but my path is listed above in the first paragraph.

Thank you for your help.

You do not have to own Design Studio to design and cut projects with Cricut Craft Room. There are two versions of Craft Room--both are free of charge.

The web app version (craftroom.cricut.com)is for designing only. This is useful if you want to log in and design a project when you are away from your own computer (such as at the library, or using a friend's computer). This version does not require you to download anything to use it.

The desktop app version has everything in the online version, plus it allows you to cut. You need to download and install a small file onto to your computer to use the desktop app. You can then access this version by clicking on an icon that will appear on your computer's desktop. This is the version you will want to use to cut.

Once you've downloaded and installed this version (see my previous post for directions on where to download the file), click on the Craft Room icon on your computer's desktop and sign in.

Let me know if you are able to successfully cut, and if not--where you are getting stuck.

The PRINT parts of Craft Room are exclusive to the Cricut Imagine machine, which has HP inkjet printing capabilities. You will only be able to "print" if you are using an Imagine machine.

Mallory

Edited by user Thursday, November 10, 2011 4:15:42 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Kate McClellan Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, October 01, 2011 7:33:25 PM(UTC)
Kate McClellan

Hi, I already had the desktop version on my computer - I am not sure why it wasn't working. I found this out when I went to download it again and it told me it was already there.

Now, I do get the Cut button showing up - so I think I am good. I am going to like being able to design on this bigger screen. I could never use the Gypsy due to the small screen. I love it - but I am used to using a big monitor to design on.

Thanks for all your help. I am very excited that the Craft Room is up and running.

Take care!