Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Scootingranny Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, October 10, 2011 11:52:03 AM(UTC)
Scootingranny

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 3484 time(s) in 1903 post(s)
Haven't been on the board much lately but just wanted to share my latest project. Yep, that's my firstborn grandson (along with the two "littles" that were adopted into the family in October). The 16 year old grandson was behind me when I took this picture! My DGS graduated from Marine Corp boot camp in San Diego last Friday. This photo was taken on "Family Day", the day before official graduation. That morning at about 7am the soon-to-graduate recruits were in their camos practicing formation for graduation but were not allowed to interact with family. Then they dressed in green t-shirts and shorts to do a 4 mile motivation run where family got to see them at a distance and take pics but still no contact. Then they dressed in these uniforms for a practice graduation exercise and only then (at 1:00pm) were we allowed to "have" them on the grounds until 6:00pm. In order for him to see where we were during these exercises, I did this poster which had to be limited in size due to my luggage size. I put all the letters and fireworks together and then the night before Family Day, we let the "littles" glue them and put them on the board. The fireworks and "My Hero" were from Stand and Salute, the "PFC Stephens" was done with Varsity Letter and the "Semper Fi" was the MS Seasonal Cake Art:
http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll285/scootingranny/PA060098.jpg

This was a photo taken on graduation day:
http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll285/scootingranny/PA070085.jpg