Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Tuplohune Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 16, 2011 8:10:04 PM(UTC)
Tuplohune

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Does anyone have a list of what each cut is on this cart? Some of them are obvious (to me as they look Christian & Jewish and easily identifiable) some not so much. Thanks!
Sarah
Larkspur Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 19, 2011 8:44:15 PM(UTC)
Larkspur

United States

Was thanked: 2445 time(s) in 1709 post(s)
That would be helpful for some of the cuts... ANYONE???
CanadaJanice Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 20, 2011 12:21:12 PM(UTC)
CanadaJanice

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 66 post(s)
They are named beneath the part of the foldout that shows the layering. Is there an abbreviation that is especialy confusing? I may be able to help if you say whihc you are unsure of.

http://www.cricut.com/re...dbooks/InspiredHeart.jpg
Tuplohune Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, October 23, 2011 3:43:37 PM(UTC)
Tuplohune

Originally Posted by: CanadaJanice Go to Quoted Post
They are named beneath the part of the foldout that shows the layering. Is there an abbreviation that is especialy confusing? I may be able to help if you say whihc you are unsure of.

http://www.cricut.com/re...dbooks/InspiredHeart.jpg

I am sorry, I should have been more clear, I am curious what religion/meaning each one is for. The one's my religion uses are obvious to me, it's the others I don't know. I guess I am looking more for a World Religion Class;Wink then what each item is.
For example:
Which church/temple is representative of which religion
What is the sugar for, the oil lamp & the palm tree
etcBigGrin
Thanks for your offer of help, I guess I need to enroll in comparative religion lesson somewhere!
Sarah
CanadaJanice Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, October 25, 2011 7:00:36 AM(UTC)
CanadaJanice

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 66 post(s)
I am by no means an expert, but I have taught comparative religions to high school students (everyone needs this informationBigGrin ; it would solve so many problems)and also read tonnes. I don't have all the answers, but here is what I do have:

Temple1: Salt Lake Temple (Mormon)
Temple2: Shinto temple
EyeHand: Hamsa, used by some Jews and Muslims, esp. in Middle East and North Africa.
Crown: Looks like an Orthodox Christian wedding crown to me
Palm: Connection to Palm Sunday for Christians. Prophet Muhammad also favourably compared Muslims to a date-palm tree

The oil lamp I see a couple of ideas for, but not sure if any of these are supposed to be specific to the image on the cart. There is the oil lamp in the temple for Chanukah, as well as the Christian use of oil lamps to represent the "Light of Christ"

I know you asked about sugar, but I have no clue. I also left out stuff that seems self-evident to me, but feel free to ask again and I'll see what I know!
 1 user thanked CanadaJanice for this useful post.
SCan on 11/13/2011(UTC)
Tuplohune Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, October 26, 2011 4:54:35 PM(UTC)
Tuplohune

Originally Posted by: CanadaJanice Go to Quoted Post
I am by no means an expert, but I have taught comparative religions to high school students (everyone needs this informationBigGrin ; it would solve so many problems)and also read tonnes. I don't have all the answers, but here is what I do have:

Temple1: Salt Lake Temple (Mormon)
Temple2: Shinto temple
EyeHand: Hamsa, used by some Jews and Muslims, esp. in Middle East and North Africa.
Crown: Looks like an Orthodox Christian wedding crown to me
Palm: Connection to Palm Sunday for Christians. Prophet Muhammad also favourably compared Muslims to a date-palm tree

The oil lamp I see a couple of ideas for, but not sure if any of these are supposed to be specific to the image on the cart. There is the oil lamp in the temple for Chanukah, as well as the Christian use of oil lamps to represent the "Light of Christ"

I know you asked about sugar, but I have no clue. I also left out stuff that seems self-evident to me, but feel free to ask again and I'll see what I know!

Thank you!!! That helps alot, I like learning about other religons & beliefs!!! I appreciate your input:)
Sarah