Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

JackieKelley Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, October 15, 2010 6:18:21 PM(UTC)
JackieKelley

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Has anyone figured out how the card feature is supposed to work on this cartridge? There are some great cuts, but they all look like the card would open at the top (like a taco), does that make sense? Am I missing something? Confused

Any help is appreciated!
Jackie Kelley

dentalscrapper Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, October 16, 2010 5:15:00 PM(UTC)
dentalscrapper

I too would LOVE to know how this card works too. I am dying to know the answer. I have looked everywhere on the cricut website and on line to fine an answer but to now avail. Please could the administration please respond to this!?!Confused
CowgirlUp Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, October 16, 2010 6:46:03 PM(UTC)
CowgirlUp

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 897 time(s) in 729 post(s)
hmmm it does look that way from the handbook, I'll have to actually try cutting one out later tonight and i'll post the resaults. that seems like a silly way for the card to open.
CowgirlUp Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, October 16, 2010 9:11:24 PM(UTC)
CowgirlUp

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 897 time(s) in 729 post(s)
i tried this one and i don't understand this feature...It does seem to oepn from the top but the image doesn't cut out all the way...at least inthe case of the guitar. Is this a faulty feature???
 1 user thanked CowgirlUp for this useful post.
ECanty on 2/19/2012(UTC)
JackieKelley Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, October 17, 2010 5:57:38 AM(UTC)
JackieKelley

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Thank goodness I am not the only person who feels this way! BigGrin
I just don't get it! I tried cutting one out too, just because I thought, 'surely it's me, Cricut/provocraft is so smart, they wouldn't make a card like that, it's got to be the way I'm looking at it.' NOPE it is just plain weird! Not only does it not really make sense to me, there are no directions or examples to show you what they intended it to be/look like.

Maybe someone out there has figured this one out and will enlighten us (and show us a sample!)

Jackie
Chanda Offline
#6 Posted : Sunday, October 17, 2010 7:36:57 PM(UTC)
Chanda

Was thanked: 305 time(s) in 269 post(s)
There were conversations about this on the other board and I believe that they determined that these were placement cards.
PatriciaR Offline
#7 Posted : Sunday, October 17, 2010 8:15:22 PM(UTC)
PatriciaR

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 13 post(s)
If you have Design Studio or the Gypsy, you could weld a rectangular shape to the cut out shape for a card. (Use Hide contour for the fold marks)
Alla_S Offline
#8 Posted : Monday, October 18, 2010 1:32:41 PM(UTC)
Alla_S

Was thanked: 74 time(s) in 52 post(s)
I don't have the cart but looking in the manual, it appears to be an pop-up for the inside of a card. The bottom is at the fold so it is not cut. Maybe adding the flourish image on top gives it the dimension.
 1 user thanked Alla_S for this useful post.
JudithDreitzler on 11/25/2010(UTC)
JudithDreitzler Offline
#9 Posted : Thursday, November 25, 2010 8:04:34 AM(UTC)
JudithDreitzler

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I to was looking for the answer to this card cut. The pop up may be what the intent was, I will try that. I want to make a birthday card with the guitar, we will see how it goes. I have tried many of these card cuts and it seems to be just plain weird. I wish provo creaft would come up with better instructions. The only instruction I ever get is from the smart people on the message boards that have worked long and hard to figure out the carts, the machines, the quirks of it all. Maybe some of those people should apply for a job with provo craft. Customer service is so important that they couldn't go wrong hiring someone just to put together instructions manuals and suggestions for each cart.

Judy
PatriciaLapish Offline
#10 Posted : Friday, February 25, 2011 2:32:49 PM(UTC)
PatriciaLapish

Huh I am new to the world of the Cricut, and trying to learn as much as possible. This forum has been great for so many answers, now it seems to validate my confusion with the card function. Of course I thought it was my inexperience, actually I was hoping it was since I too would like to turn a cut into something that did not look like a mistake! I'll be watching to see if anyone comes up with an answer! Thanks for all the help, past and future! Trish
Heather16 Offline
#11 Posted : Thursday, July 21, 2011 6:02:58 AM(UTC)
Heather16

Was thanked: 179 time(s) in 159 post(s)
I finally cut a card the other night. Wish I had a picture, but I'm at work. It seems that the picture/word ends up standing out on the top of the card. It really looks neat!Kind of a cut-out sitting on top of your card. You do want to cut the liner, as the inside back of the card will have the cut out in it. It's very different, but nice. My main problems is going to be figuring out the size of the finished card with these, since the top will stick-up differing amounts depending on the one you do.
 1 user thanked Heather16 for this useful post.
DixieCravens on 10/14/2011(UTC)
SandyBurress Offline
#12 Posted : Saturday, July 23, 2011 9:17:34 PM(UTC)
SandyBurress

I am new to Cricut & this was the second cartridge I got; I must be dumber than I thought because I can't even FIND the card feature you guys are talking about! Help!!Blushing Blushing
SandyBurress Offline
#13 Posted : Sunday, July 24, 2011 5:29:33 AM(UTC)
SandyBurress

please ignore my previous post because I found it; I haven't tried it but I found it
DixieCravens Offline
#14 Posted : Wednesday, October 19, 2011 9:12:18 PM(UTC)
DixieCravens

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 15 post(s)
I stumbled across this feature and was puzzled by it also. I played with it some and it would make a great place card, but I think it was intended to be a real card...and then the shift image on the card feature makes more sense. If you haven't tried this cut, the shape pops up above the top fold line leaving a cut out on what would be the bottom half of your card (where the inside message typically would be). The shift feature is a perfectly sized piece to fit over the cut out and finish off the inside of the card. This picture is my first attempt...just playing around with it. I used my Gypsy to fit the main crown cut-out onto the card pop up (and it needs a little more tweaking). Hopefully this gives you an idea of what could be done with this feature. Also...I have tried to use this for a pop up feature for the inside of the card...I can't make it work. Then again, that isn't something I've done much of. I sure would like to see it work! BTW...I cut my card at 5"...and it came out 5" by 5.5". (5.5" is top of crown to bottom of folded card)
DixieCravens attached the following image(s):
IMG_7135-opt.jpg
 3 users thanked DixieCravens for this useful post.
randyglenda688bf9f5d7 on 3/8/2012(UTC), aeyleb750f87856e on 3/26/2012(UTC), tjbaby on 3/29/2012(UTC)
DixieCravens Offline
#15 Posted : Friday, October 21, 2011 7:40:19 AM(UTC)
DixieCravens

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 15 post(s)
I figured out how to do a pop-up using the card feature! Take a look! I will post this on my blog as well.
DixieCravens attached the following image(s):
IMG_7160-opt.jpg
IMG_7159-opt.jpg
 6 users thanked DixieCravens for this useful post.
Radbunny on 11/29/2011(UTC), randyglenda688bf9f5d7 on 3/8/2012(UTC), aeyleb750f87856e on 3/26/2012(UTC), rosiemejiad6429630 on 9/4/2012(UTC), kaadry on 9/14/2012(UTC), haughttamale on 3/30/2013(UTC)
haughttamale Offline
#16 Posted : Saturday, March 30, 2013 6:35:33 PM(UTC)
haughttamale

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
thanks for the info, saved me from racking my brain
File Attachment(s):
100_0678.JPG (1,016kb) downloaded 10 time(s).
haughttamale attached the following image(s):
100_0680.JPG