Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

CricketCMV Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 20, 2011 4:17:10 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 8000 time(s) in 4676 post(s)
I have just learned that in my WINDOWS 7;64-BIT (a new computer we got recently--I do my CUTTING in CCR on an old WINDOWS XP computer, for now), there is an option (at least on my Dell desktop) to change your WINDOWS 7 Operating System to WINDOWS 7; 32-BIT?

I'm wondering if this could be a problem for anyone trying to CUT where they have downloaded into WINDOWS 7;64-BIT. Because 64-BIT uses different interfaces than 32-BIT, I wonder, also, if it's possible that if we download our DESKTOP APPLICATION (the one in CCR that allows us to CUT) when we have CHANGED our OS to 32-BIT before we download CCR, if some of you would have a better chance of CCR working for you.

Mallory - Can you help us with this; or, any of you who are more adept in the technological world?

I AM NOW TEMPTED TO CHANGE MY OS TO 32-BIT AND DOWNLOAD CCR IN MY NEW COMPUTER. After I have finished the download, I will change my computer back to WINDOWS 7;64-BIT for most of the things I do on my computer. THEN, when I open CCR, I believe it will automatically change my computer to 32-BIT for me to work in CCR.

Unfortunately, I don't have time to try it for a few days. I'm getting ready for a yard sale (then what am I doing on here, you all say--well, you can only do so much working on a yard sale until you're wiped out and have to get away from it for a while. Usually, when I do a yard sale, my home is complete chaos, until after the sale. BUT, our oldest DS and DDIL will be here tomorrow night for the weekend, and I CAN'T LET MY HOUSE BE IN TOTAL DISARRAY WHEN MY KIDS ARE AROUND!! I LIKE THEM TO HAVE A RELAXING WEEKEND WHEN THEY'RE VISITING, AND I CAN'T HAVE A RELAXING WEEKEND WHEN MY HOME IS IN UTTER CHAOS!! SO, I DON'T WANT IT TO BE FOR THEM!!

On Sunday or Monday, I intend to do this. Does anyone else already know if this might work?

Char
lovethatbug Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, October 21, 2011 5:31:37 AM(UTC)
lovethatbug

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 327 time(s) in 228 post(s)
Hi Char,
I also have Windows 7 64 bit, and I unable to cut with CCR, it prints though. On my Windows XP, the CCR freezes. I just recently uninstalled Adobe Air 3.0 and downloaded the older version on my XP and it still freezes. I am thinking about uninstalling everything and start from the beginning hoping it might fix itself.

I did not know we could change from 64 to 34 bit, but I would be willing to give it a try if it might fix the problem with CCR, but I am not sure how to change it.

Thank you so so much for all your time and effort in trying to help all of us that are having problems
Hugs, Stacy
 1 user thanked lovethatbug for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 10/23/2011(UTC)
Narelle Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, October 21, 2011 7:39:05 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7813 time(s) in 3647 post(s)
Originally Posted by: lovethatbug Go to Quoted Post
Hi Char,
I also have Windows 7 64 bit, and I unable to cut with CCR, it prints though. On my Windows XP, the CCR freezes. I just recently uninstalled Adobe Air 3.0 and downloaded the older version on my XP and it still freezes. I am thinking about uninstalling everything and start from the beginning hoping it might fix itself.

I did not know we could change from 64 to 34 bit, but I would be willing to give it a try if it might fix the problem with CCR, but I am not sure how to change it.

Thank you so so much for all your time and effort in trying to help all of us that are having problems
Hugs, Stacy

I'm pretty sure you have to reinstall Windows to change from 64bit to 32 bit, so if you're going to do it you'll need to back up all your files etc first.

Here's some info from the Microsoft site: http://windows.microsoft.com/en...equently-asked-questions
 1 user thanked Narelle for this useful post.
LenoreSolomon Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, October 21, 2011 7:52:19 AM(UTC)
LenoreSolomon

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Even with Build 83 using windows 7 64 bit and windows vista 32 bit, I still have the same problem I had with Build 66. I don't think I would change my OS. What was Build 83 suppose to do?
 1 user thanked LenoreSolomon for this useful post.
lovethatbug Offline
#5 Posted : Friday, October 21, 2011 9:52:00 AM(UTC)
lovethatbug

Originally Posted by: LenoreSolomon Go to Quoted Post
Even with Build 83 using windows 7 64 bit and windows vista 32 bit, I still have the same problem I had with Build 66. I don't think I would change my OS. What was Build 83 suppose to do?

I didn't even know there was an update. Wonder what it is for? I will do the update though and see if that helps
Stacy
lovethatbug Offline
#6 Posted : Friday, October 21, 2011 10:09:53 AM(UTC)
lovethatbug

Well, I updated the build on windows XP and it is still freezing up. I did notice in the upgrade they changed the color of the background when you log in, and up on the top right, they added two buttons. One says shop, the other says tutorials. I clicked on shop and it took me to the cricut.com site and tutorials said coming soon. Once I was at the cut preview screen, there was another button that said "linking from" with coming soon under that.
I did not try it yet on windows 7. I think I am just going to give up on trying to get it to work. Hopefully by the time they release the mini machine all the bugs will be worked out.
Stacy
LazyBee Offline
#7 Posted : Friday, October 21, 2011 8:32:57 PM(UTC)
LazyBee

United States

Was thanked: 638 time(s) in 305 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Narelle Go to Quoted Post
I'm pretty sure you have to reinstall Windows to change from 64bit to 32 bit, so if you're going to do it you'll need to back up all your files etc first.

Here's some info from the Microsoft site: http://windows.microsoft.com/en...equently-asked-questions

If you have a 64 bit system you cannot use a 32 bit version of Windows 7 on your machine or visa-versa they are written based on the hardware of that system and you need to have the proper version for your type of machine they are NOT interchangeable. What you can do is run in compatability mode a program that is meant for an older version of windows. Look under help in Windows. If you need futher info check the knowledge base @Microsoft.
 1 user thanked LazyBee for this useful post.
LazyBee Offline
#8 Posted : Friday, October 21, 2011 8:40:03 PM(UTC)
LazyBee

United States

Do not change from 64 bit to 32 bit before you contact your computer manufacturer and make sure it is possible. You may void your warranty and run across errors on your system. It is my understanding the two are NOT interchangeable. I have both versions in the house on two different computers and I was told that I needed the correct version on each computer or would have compatability issues.

Edited by user Friday, October 21, 2011 8:42:37 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Narelle Offline
#9 Posted : Friday, October 21, 2011 9:59:22 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Australia

Originally Posted by: LazyBee Go to Quoted Post
Do not change from 64 bit to 32 bit before you contact your computer manufacturer and make sure it is possible. You may void your warranty and run across errors on your system. It is my understanding the two are NOT interchangeable. I have both versions in the house on two different computers and I was told that I needed the correct version on each computer or would have compatability issues.

My laptop came installed with Windows 7 64bit. I had major crashing problems with several programs related to some of the drivers they used. My computer guy reformatted it back to 32 bit and my problems disappeared.

It's not something I would try myself, even though in the past I have reformatted several of my desktop computers. My laptop was brand new and under warranty so I was quite happy to let them do the work for me this time. Smile

The link I posted to the Microsoft site gives some good info as a reference though.
 1 user thanked Narelle for this useful post.
LazyBee Offline
#10 Posted : Saturday, October 22, 2011 8:37:53 PM(UTC)
LazyBee

United States

My laptop came installed with Windows 7 64bit. I had major crashing problems with several programs related to some of the drivers they used. My computer guy reformatted it back to 32 bit and my problems disappeared.

It's not something I would try myself, even though in the past I have reformatted several of my desktop computers. My laptop was brand new and under warranty so I was quite happy to let them do the work for me this time. Smile

The link I posted to the Microsoft site gives some good info as a reference though.

That is really interesting Narelle, because I was told by Microsoft that you need the correct OS based on the build of your computer based on the correct 32 or 64 bit system. I haven't had any issues with either system crashing, but I do keep all my machines updated on drivers as they often are the cause of issues (ie: Blue screen of death). I know I had some isssues with Vista in both 32 and 64 bit and after some security pack updates had some serious issues that turned out to be driver related. There are some very good programs that will update your drivers as MS and the pc vendors do not always provide the latest drivers after a certain point in time. And while I wouldn't have an issue reformatting and reinstalling the software it is not something that I would suggest or reccomend most people to do unless they are fairly familar with the process.
CricketCMV Offline
#11 Posted : Sunday, October 23, 2011 8:30:52 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 8000 time(s) in 4676 post(s)

I didn't know you might have to reinstall your Operating System, Narelle. I had not had time to check into it; just saw something in my information that said you could change from one to the other (in this case, I was thinking the word "change" was like "switch").

Sorry if I caused anyone any problem over my statement before. I still need to check into this. I have two versions of Internet Explorer showing on my startup menu and one says Internet Explorer 64-Bit and the other just says Internet Explorer. So, in my mind, I thought it would be as simple as clicking on 32-Bit or 64-Bit on my computer to get what we needed.

Char

Edited by user Sunday, October 23, 2011 8:34:45 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Narelle Offline
#12 Posted : Sunday, October 23, 2011 9:16:04 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Australia

Originally Posted by: LazyBee Go to Quoted Post
That is really interesting Narelle, because I was told by Microsoft that you need the correct OS based on the build of your computer based on the correct 32 or 64 bit system. I haven't had any issues with either system crashing, but I do keep all my machines updated on drivers as they often are the cause of issues (ie: Blue screen of death). I know I had some isssues with Vista in both 32 and 64 bit and after some security pack updates had some serious issues that turned out to be driver related. There are some very good programs that will update your drivers as MS and the pc vendors do not always provide the latest drivers after a certain point in time. And while I wouldn't have an issue reformatting and reinstalling the software it is not something that I would suggest or reccomend most people to do unless they are fairly familar with the process.

Just dug out the disks that came with my Asus laptop. I have two disks - one is the OS for 32 bit and the other 64 bit. Interestingly, it also came with an XP version disk too.

I also wouldn't recommend most people reinstall Windows. If I had nothing to lose (eg my laptop was out of warranty and on it's last legs..) I'd give it a try but other than that I pay the professionals to do it! Cool