Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Karen Beattie Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 08, 2011 9:14:44 AM(UTC)
Karen Beattie

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 48 time(s) in 25 post(s)
I had to reinstall CCR and it was taking FOREVER to spool the project to the imagine. I think getting maple syrup out of a tree during the winter was quicker! RollEyes I was getting really irritated with the whole thing.

Then I started playing with my computer to see what I could do to speed it up. If you have a notebook computer, change the 'power plan' to high performance and it speeds up CCR loading when you open it!

The other thing I did, which I should have thought of from the start since I am on computers all day long. Thie Imagine has to be plugged into a USB2 port. DUUUHHH!!!! I felt really stupid. I changed the port the Imagine was plugged into and CCR and my imagine were zipping through everything. YEA! It took less than 3 minutes for the preview image screen to load and everything to start printing/cutting with the machine.

I am a happy camper now!!! Yea! So if your imagine is cutting really slow hooked up to the computer, plug it into a USB2 port on the computer and it will speed up the process.

Hope this helps someone.

Karen
Janber Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 08, 2011 12:25:07 PM(UTC)
Janber

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
how do we know where the usb2 port is??
CricketCMV Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 08, 2011 1:53:52 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 8087 time(s) in 4731 post(s)
Originally Posted by: KarenBeattie Go to Quoted Post
I had to reinstall CCR and it was taking FOREVER to spool the project to the imagine. I think getting maple syrup out of a tree during the winter was quicker! RollEyes I was getting really irritated with the whole thing.

Then I started playing with my computer to see what I could do to speed it up. If you have a notebook computer, change the 'power plan' to high performance and it speeds up CCR loading when you open it!

The other thing I did, which I should have thought of from the start since I am on computers all day long. Thie Imagine has to be plugged into a USB2 port. DUUUHHH!!!! I felt really stupid. I changed the port the Imagine was plugged into and CCR and my imagine were zipping through everything. YEA! It took less than 3 minutes for the preview image screen to load and everything to start printing/cutting with the machine.

I am a happy camper now!!! Yea! So if your imagine is cutting really slow hooked up to the computer, plug it into a USB2 port on the computer and it will speed up the process.

Hope this helps someone.

Karen

KAREN - I'm just curious where you had it plugged in before you plugged it in to your USB port. Maybe this will help others. I mean, I didn't know you could plug it into anything BUT your USB port to connect it to your computer.

Char
CricketCMV Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 08, 2011 1:56:57 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 8087 time(s) in 4731 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Janber Go to Quoted Post
how do we know where the usb2 port is??

Usually, you see the USB ports on your tower (or whatever your hard drive is encased in). It is the same types of ports you plug in your video cam (for Skype), your camera for downloading pictures to your computer, etc.!

When you look into the end of the cord you use with your CRICUT (that has to connect to the computer), you can see a certain configuration. You can see that opening (configuarion) in the back of your tower or on the front that you can plug that cord into. I happen to have five on my tower. Three in the back, side by side and two on top of the tower.

Hope this helps. CAN SOMEONE ELSE GIVE A BETTER DESCRIPTION OF THIS; I'm not so good at technical terms.

Char

Edited by user Tuesday, November 08, 2011 1:58:37 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Karen Beattie Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, November 08, 2011 5:33:58 PM(UTC)
Karen Beattie

Was thanked: 48 time(s) in 25 post(s)
The USB ports are where any external deivce plugs in to the computer. Any cricut machine plugs into a USB port. There are standard USB ports and high-speed USB (USB2) ports. Most notebooks have at least 1 USB2 port. Towers don't always have USB2 ports, especially older ones but the newer ones have atleast 2 now.

I have a notebook and the high speeds are on the left but I was having a DUH! episode and kept plugging it into a standard USB ports on the right instead of the high speed one. I felt really stupid!!!

If you go into the start menu>control panel>device manager>Universal Serial Bus (USB) controllers on your computer and right click any of the items listed. If any of them say enhanced or serial 2, those are your USB2 port(s). The location of the high speed port depends on the computer.

Hope this helps a little.

Karen
 1 user thanked Karen Beattie for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 11/8/2011(UTC)