Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
Khrista Offline
#31 Posted : Friday, November 04, 2011 9:04:49 AM(UTC)
Khrista

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 2507 time(s) in 1395 post(s)
Originally Posted by: LadyDiamond Go to Quoted Post
Hi!! Can anyone help...I finally got the imagine to go by taking the USB port out the back (Thanks for the suggestion) But now its stuck at 100%. and wont go to the next step...Anyone else have this problem?

You can close sync and open it again and see if it'll redo it and take it. When it opens again, uncheck all but one box and have it do just that update. Once that's one done, then close out and open and do the same thing. Just do them one by one. It's usually the content update that's the bugaboo. Sometimes it will stick at 100%, but if the Imagine restarted then it's done and you can close out of sync then go back in to check. Sounds like that's not the problem though. If it keeps getting stuck, then I'd probably do a system restore. I had to do one for this last update as sync wouldn't recognize that my Imagine had taken the update.

HTH
:)Khrista
 1 user thanked Khrista for this useful post.
LadyDiamond on 11/4/2011(UTC)
franciszka nokes Offline
#32 Posted : Friday, November 04, 2011 2:41:02 PM(UTC)
franciszka nokes

Groups: Registered

I did the system restore last night. Today I did the troubleshooting and it went throught, just doing it the regular way did not work at all for me, I left it on all night one night,been dealing with this for a week now. I still cannot get my Imagine to read Flower Shoppe and Sweet Tooth Boxes even though they worked before I did the update. Since I have the Expression, for me it's okay. This update was a lot of work, to bad we cannot just check off what carts we need the update on. All and all this is still a fun machine, but would never let go of my expression.
Khrista Offline
#33 Posted : Saturday, November 05, 2011 3:13:49 PM(UTC)
Khrista

United States

Originally Posted by: franciszka nokes Go to Quoted Post
I did the system restore last night. Today I did the troubleshooting and it went throught, just doing it the regular way did not work at all for me, I left it on all night one night,been dealing with this for a week now. I still cannot get my Imagine to read Flower Shoppe and Sweet Tooth Boxes even though they worked before I did the update. Since I have the Expression, for me it's okay. This update was a lot of work, to bad we cannot just check off what carts we need the update on. All and all this is still a fun machine, but would never let go of my expression.

If you go to the 'about' on the main menu, what are all of the numbers there, including those in brackets?

Khrista Offline
#34 Posted : Saturday, November 05, 2011 3:16:56 PM(UTC)
Khrista

United States

Originally Posted by: LadyDiamond Go to Quoted Post
Hi!! Can anyone help...I finally got the imagine to go by taking the USB port out the back (Thanks for the suggestion) But now its stuck at 100%. and wont go to the next step...Anyone else have this problem?

Did the Imagine restart? If it restarted, then it's done. Otherwise, you'll have to quit out of cricut sync and go back in. It'll either tell you you're updated (fingers crossed) or it'll say you're not and want to do the update again which you can try. I'd make sure your there and the computer isn't going to sleep etc. which can cause the thing to time out. If that doesn't work, then you'll probably need to do a system restore.
HTH
DogMom Offline
#35 Posted : Sunday, November 06, 2011 4:25:49 AM(UTC)
DogMom

Was thanked: 85 time(s) in 39 post(s)
I did an update yesterday and had no issues. I was told by pc that whenever I update I need to remove my security. I totally remove trend micro and have no issues. Just remembered I need to go reinstall it. Duh. I do have a question though. I put the collage cart on the left, and imagine pattern cart on the right. I hit print only. My goal was to have I print out the collage cart and not cut it. Is this possible or am I asking for too much. Just don't want to hand place all those letters. Already did some in vinyl, but now I want to print. Thanks for any help. Diana
Khrista Offline
#36 Posted : Sunday, November 06, 2011 11:44:36 AM(UTC)
Khrista

United States

Originally Posted by: DogMom Go to Quoted Post
I did an update yesterday and had no issues. I was told by pc that whenever I update I need to remove my security. I totally remove trend micro and have no issues. Just remembered I need to go reinstall it. Duh. I do have a question though. I put the collage cart on the left, and imagine pattern cart on the right. I hit print only. My goal was to have I print out the collage cart and not cut it. Is this possible or am I asking for too much. Just don't want to hand place all those letters. Already did some in vinyl, but now I want to print. Thanks for any help. Diana

Yep, that's possible. When the mat screen shows, go into settings. You'll want to change from print & cut, to print only.

LadyDiamond Offline
#37 Posted : Sunday, November 06, 2011 1:08:38 PM(UTC)
LadyDiamond

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
My Imagine is up and cutting! BigGrin Thanks for all the help!!!
K.McIntyre Offline
#38 Posted : Monday, November 07, 2011 11:32:14 AM(UTC)
K.McIntyre

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 56 post(s)
Updated, reads older cartriges, but goes through like it's going to start printing then goes back to the mat screen.

Kristin
Ediebeth Offline
#39 Posted : Wednesday, November 09, 2011 3:13:08 PM(UTC)
Ediebeth

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Warning!! Don't do the new imagine update, it will screw up your imagine !!

I did the download, and now it is reading the cartridges all screwy, not cutting where it should and cutting where it shouldn't.

This is the 3rd machine in 2 weeks that has crashed and burned on me. I sent my personal back after doing the update for my gypsy and it was cutting wonky and kicking out the matt, then I had to send back my create because the matt kept floating around and moving all about, like the gears were stripped.

I have thousands of $$$$$$$$ put into these cartridges and machines, and I now have nothing that works.

What is the heck is going on?????????????

Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing
Nana44 Offline
#40 Posted : Friday, November 11, 2011 1:18:28 AM(UTC)
Nana44

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I thought we were suppose to be enjoying our machines and having fun. All I read is upset users. I am even reading problems with the new Expression 2 and that Walmart is selling the Imagine for $187.00 on Black Friday. What does this tell you. I am really upset with all the time I spend trying to use something that doesn't work. No Christmas cards the second year in a row made by me.
Maura
Shadow Offline
#41 Posted : Friday, November 11, 2011 1:45:16 AM(UTC)
Shadow

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 276 time(s) in 206 post(s)
Hi folks - am pleased to report that my supplier has refunded completely for my damaged Imagine. The update killed it dead!

Just for info of PC - I will NOT be replacing my Imagine until you have sorted all the bugs out - and even then may not replace. Just can't trust CS or the machines

Pauline x
Nana44 Offline
#42 Posted : Friday, November 11, 2011 10:02:39 AM(UTC)
Nana44

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Angry Well it is 11:54 am and I was up all night. I think I will call them and if they can't fix this..I am going to our Attorney Generals office and reporting this. All they keep doing is hanging another machine in front of us to buy. Someone is getting rich here and product is out there not even working or doing what they said it would do. I think this would be a good Class Action Law Suit. Our Attorney General loves stuff like this. I can make anything on it so I have plenty of time to find out what can be done legally. I want a new machine that might work,or my money back.Mad [center]
Carolyn Mendoza-Canales Offline
#43 Posted : Friday, November 11, 2011 5:42:55 PM(UTC)
Carolyn Mendoza-Canales

United States

Oh Man... I've had issues with the update and I went through previous experiences with updates and tried all the troubleshooting tips I've learned since buying my first Cricut a year and a half ago. Still no luck with the update so finally I came to the boards where I knew if anyone could help it'd be you all. I just now unplugged my usb cord and plugged back in to try to get the update going and YAY! it continued to work. It says Uploading Updates 17%. I'm really freaked out now because I know I don't have warranty on this $$$ machine and I've read where people are saying don't do the update and it's going to kill my machine. I'm seriously close to tears freaking out. I only found out about the update because I was troubleshooting the Cricut Craft Room (another glitchy product) and found that quite possibly the reason why my images wont cut (Imagine takes my mat runs it through a few times then forgets what it's doing) is because there might be updates for my Imagine. So here I am. Is it wrong to pray that my Cricut doesn't break? I'm trying to make some Christmas Cards to sell to make money for my son's High School Marching Band Trip in April. I really need this money!! I really need my Cricut to not die on me. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!! DON'T DIE ON ME CRICUT.

By the Way, if anyone has done the updates and has been successful in doing them please post and let us all know. All I see is negative comments and a positive one would shine a light on all the dark.

Thanks!!

Edited by user Monday, November 14, 2011 12:19:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: typo

GypsyBoricua Offline
#44 Posted : Friday, November 11, 2011 5:51:12 PM(UTC)
GypsyBoricua

Was thanked: 747 time(s) in 400 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Carolyn Mendoza Go to Quoted Post
Oh Man... I've had issues with the update and I went through previous experiences with updates and tried all the troubleshooting tips I've learned since buying my first Cricut a year and a half ago. Still no luck with the update so finally I came to the boards where I knew if anyone could help it'd be you all. I just now unplugged my usb cord and plugged back in to try to get the update going and YAY! it continued to work. It says Uploading Updates 17%. I'm really freaked out now because I know I don't have warranty on this $500 machine and I've read where people are saying don't do the update and it's going to kill my machine. I'm seriously close to tears freaking out. I only found out about the update because I was troubleshooting the Cricut Craft Room (another glitchy product) and found that quite possibly the reason why my images wont cut (Imagine takes my mat runs it through a few times then forgets what it's doing) is because there might be updates for my Imagine. So here I am. Is it wrong to pray that my Cricut doesn't break? I'm trying to make some Christmas Cards to sell to make money for my son's High School Marching Band Trip in April. I really need this money!! I really need my Cricut to not die on me. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!! DON'T DIE ON ME CRICUT.

By the Way, if anyone has done the updates and has been successful in doing them please post and let us all know. All I see is negative comments and a positive one would shine a light on all the dark.

Thanks!!

I have been terrified to update, but I'm taking the plunge on Monday, when PC is open, just in case. My I is out of warranty, bought it at launch. Many people have been very successful with the latest update. My only advice to you is wait until Monday to update, so you can call PC if something happens. If you do it Sat or Sun and something does happen it will make you more miserable since you won't be able to talk to someone at PC.
Janice Offline
#45 Posted : Friday, November 11, 2011 5:55:01 PM(UTC)
Janice

United States

Was thanked: 338 time(s) in 255 post(s)
I am afraid to update as well!!! Please someone let us know when its ok to update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dawn Bloodsworth Offline
#46 Posted : Saturday, November 12, 2011 7:59:57 AM(UTC)
Dawn Bloodsworth

Anyone can please help. I can't get my imagine to edit. I'm so upset and don't know what to do

Edited by user Saturday, November 12, 2011 8:01:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Ann Offline
#47 Posted : Saturday, November 12, 2011 11:55:43 AM(UTC)
Ann

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 170 post(s)
I updated my imagine a week ago and did get into difficulties on the last bit of the download where it sends the info to the imagine,it just did'nt stop transferring and in the end i stopped the update and did a format and restore,like the rest of you i was not expecting a good outcome but i was lucky and it still works great and the calibration is so much better than it has ever been,my warranty runs out in 4 days so that's why i took the plunge really. I was so lucky that it turned out that way for me and there does'nt seem to be any sense to it all,some machines are ok and some unfortunately get messed up,no logic to itThumbDown
The only thing i have found is that some of my regular carts that are on my gypsy now will not work in the gypsy imagine app,when i try to print and cut via the gypsy imagine app i get a screen come up on the imagine asking me to put the regular cart in and even when i have done that it does'nt register that i have put it in and asks me again but i know i am not the only one this has happened to so i am guessing there will be a fix at some stage but i can use the carts directly in the imagine so it's not too bad.
Although i was lucky i'm not sure i would recommend doing the update unless your warranty is nearly up or has run out and you want to take a chance on it working.Good LuckThumpUp
Khrista Offline
#48 Posted : Saturday, November 12, 2011 10:23:03 PM(UTC)
Khrista

United States

Originally Posted by: Carolyn Mendoza Go to Quoted Post
Oh Man... I've had issues with the update and I went through previous experiences with updates and tried all the troubleshooting tips I've learned since buying my first Cricut a year and a half ago. Still no luck with the update so finally I came to the boards where I knew if anyone could help it'd be you all. I just now unplugged my usb cord and plugged back in to try to get the update going and YAY! it continued to work. It says Uploading Updates 17%. I'm really freaked out now because I know I don't have warranty on this $500 machine and I've read where people are saying don't do the update and it's going to kill my machine. I'm seriously close to tears freaking out. I only found out about the update because I was troubleshooting the Cricut Craft Room (another glitchy product) and found that quite possibly the reason why my images wont cut (Imagine takes my mat runs it through a few times then forgets what it's doing) is because there might be updates for my Imagine. So here I am. Is it wrong to pray that my Cricut doesn't break? I'm trying to make some Christmas Cards to sell to make money for my son's High School Marching Band Trip in April. I really need this money!! I really need my Cricut to not die on me. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!! DON'T DIE ON ME CRICUT.

Thanks!!

There's been a lot of folks able to do this last update successfully. Some have had to do a system restore, but have also done so successfully. CCR is very glitchy for the Imagine, or at least was a week ago. I need to check the most recent tomorrow. If you run into problems, just come give a holler and we'll try to help you out.

#49 Posted : Monday, November 14, 2011 12:17:04 PM(UTC)
Carolyn Mendoza-Canales

United States

Still trying to get these updates done. So frustrating. I've tried to do the ones on the Gypsy but they too seem to get stuck at the part where they update imagine content.

I'm trying to make Christmas cards for my son to sell for money for a Band Trip. I just got my first two orders yesterday and now I'm stuck not being able use the CCR. I was able to use my Gypsy and Imagine but not with the CCR and I need that for just one small part of my card. Not sure what to do next.
#50 Posted : Monday, November 14, 2011 3:17:53 PM(UTC)
Carolyn Mendoza-Canales

United States

3 Hours later and some hope has been restored!! I was having issues with the last part of the updates for both the Imagine and Gypsy. Today while searching the web for help I ended up somewhere that prompted me to take my gypsy upstairs to where the computer is connected directly to the router (not wireless) I also disabled my antivirus software and one of the two allowed my Gypsy to update fully!! YAY! I had my son carry up my Imagine for me (he's so nice!) and I've got it plugged in and going. It's only at 35% of the first update but hopefully before dinner I'll know if the update was successful or not.

To anyone having issues updating on a wireless connection, try to use a wired connection and see if that works. Good luck!
Ediebeth Offline
#51 Posted : Thursday, November 17, 2011 5:20:10 PM(UTC)
Ediebeth

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Just thought I would pass this on..

So did an update on my create so the gypsy would work....broke the create...mat went all wobbly and crooked, gears/roller bars weren't working in unison...so it got sent back, and a replacement is coming....

next day, got out my personal, first time using it, did the update, and it would only kick out the matt, not cut....sooooooooooooo called them up....this is machine two broke in two days...so sent that back, still waiting for that to be replaced...

so brave soul that I am..........updated the imagine.....first attempt....after 13 hrs of it not downloading, I started over and it went through....

then the drama begins.. tried it with my gypsy....sometimes it would cut, sometimes it would just cut a shallow line, and then it would forget to cut altogether.

So, tried the craft room, same problem.

so tried it on it's own.......same problem, plus it wasn't reading the pictures right, putting lines where it shouldn't and cutting them as it was reading them...

so, after a week of back and forth on the phone, and doing a system restore....nothing helped...so now sending it to product development so they can try to figure it out...I had sent pics and video so they had proof of what it was doing.

And now I have no machines...

so waiting on create to show up maybe by weekend, still no word on when personal will be shipped to me..and now waiting on shipping label to send imagine back, but in meantime they are sending me a replacement.

so............... if and when I get them all.....do I dare update..if I don't, all my cartridges won't work on my machines...if I do, I can possibly kill them again...l

may I just say......aaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh!!

$1000 in machines and cartridges and here I sit with no machine and all these lovely shelf decorations (cartridges) and can't use them.

This does not build my confidence in this company and it pains my check book painfully.

So, word to the wise.... update your machine if you dare........do you really need to do it? Beware!!
jennymcqueen Offline
#52 Posted : Friday, November 18, 2011 10:48:25 AM(UTC)
jennymcqueen

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I have found that I have ALWAYS had problems updating any Cricut machine on MAC, but if I switch to a PC then updates work fine. I updated my CCR on my Mac, and update my machines through PC, and VOILA I have communication. I think Provo Craft should hire a Mac expert.
Khrista Offline
#53 Posted : Friday, November 18, 2011 9:58:09 PM(UTC)
Khrista

United States

Originally Posted by: jennymcqueen Go to Quoted Post
I have found that I have ALWAYS had problems updating any Cricut machine on MAC, but if I switch to a PC then updates work fine. I updated my CCR on my Mac, and update my machines through PC, and VOILA I have communication. I think Provo Craft should hire a Mac expert.

Funny as I've had the opposite a few times where my PC is being a stinker and I switch to my mac and it goes right through. :) I think it's on their end on their server or something. They should have a stronger mac person though as it takes them so long to put anything out Mac compatible.

HyacinthBucket Offline
#54 Posted : Sunday, November 20, 2011 7:16:42 AM(UTC)
HyacinthBucket

Was thanked: 374 time(s) in 257 post(s)
I have sat here for over half an hour reading all these posts. It is a sheer disgrace the number of Imagine users who have had their machines damaged or even rendered useless due to the Updates for this machine! It is more than a disgrace that not one person/representative from Provocraft can see fit and come on here to at least reassure all of us that things will be put right and all updates fixed so that we can update our machine with piece of mind. I have not done the last 3 updates because I have great concerns that my machine will die and I have no warranty to claim on. Because the updates have not been done, there are now cartridges that I cannot use on my Imagine - so what do I do? Do I take the chance and update so I can use the carts? or do I not use the Imagine for these cartridges and just use my E or E2? If the latter is the answer then why oh why did I buy the Imagine?

HEEELLLOOOOO PROVOCRAFT???!!! WE ALL NEED ANSWERS - WHEN WILL THE CORRUPT UPDATES BE FIXED? WILL THEY EVER BE FIXED??? AND WHAT GUARANTEE DO WE HAVE THAT THE UPDATE TO FIX THE LAST UPDATE WILL NOT ALSO BE CORRUPT???

I love all my Cricut machines but I am quickly loosing faith within the Company. Totally unbelievable that no-one from Provocraft feels the need to even TRY to put our minds at rest and offer some help/advice/understanding/compassion - I could go on and on! They just seem to keep bringing out another machine - and another machine! At this moment in time luckily I am able to use all 3 of my machines - but I want to use my Imagine with my new carts and can't - until I update - and then I could be left with no Imagine. I am saying again - that we all need answers to the problems with the updates - PLEASE!!

Lynda
 1 user thanked HyacinthBucket for this useful post.
ChatterScene on 11/20/2011(UTC)
HeidiK Offline
#55 Posted : Sunday, November 20, 2011 2:48:35 PM(UTC)
HeidiK

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 97 post(s)
After spending no less then 6 hours today - I finally got my I updated and it seems to work just fine. Prints & cuts and recognizes the new carts.

The download went fine. It was the uploading to the Imagine where I had problems. It was only on 7% after 4 hours of uploading. I stopped it. Closed Cricut Sync. Re-booted my I. Re-opened Cricut Sync and when it said I had an update (I think it said Imagine Support and the box was checked) I clicked through the steps and it only took about an hour to download, upload and install. HTH & good luck.
HeidiK Offline
#56 Posted : Sunday, November 20, 2011 2:52:39 PM(UTC)
HeidiK

I also want to add that if I insert carts (either I or regular) before clicking "Cut & Print". My machine freezes up. But if I hit Cut & Print and then insert the carts, I have no problems.
HeidiK Offline
#57 Posted : Sunday, November 20, 2011 7:34:55 PM(UTC)
HeidiK

UPDATE: It worked fine for about 10 minutes, now it keeps going back to the welcome screen every time I try to edit a shape. Did the restore and still doesn't work. I am ready to cry.
Polarbearla Offline
#58 Posted : Monday, November 21, 2011 10:33:34 PM(UTC)
Polarbearla

Was thanked: 104 time(s) in 45 post(s)
I have been considering purchasing an Imagine but threads like this terrify me. Furthermore the fact that PC has not joined in this thread to offer assistance or make any comment further terrifies me. It concerns me that PC is not taking care of their products. I don't get why this thread is a sticky and basically has no help to any of the people who have concerns, it just makes PC look really, really bad and makes me think twice about spending tons of money on the Imagine!

Edited by user Monday, November 21, 2011 10:36:08 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Khrista Offline
#59 Posted : Monday, November 21, 2011 11:34:38 PM(UTC)
Khrista

United States

Originally Posted by: HeidiK Go to Quoted Post
UPDATE: It worked fine for about 10 minutes, now it keeps going back to the welcome screen every time I try to edit a shape. Did the restore and still doesn't work. I am ready to cry.

Hi! What are you using? The machine and cartridges directly, or are you using CCR or a Gypsy? If you happen to be using CCR, it's still buggy (aka in beta) for the Imagine. What are all the numbers on the about screen of your imagine?

Khrista Offline
#60 Posted : Monday, November 21, 2011 11:37:36 PM(UTC)
Khrista

United States

Originally Posted by: HyacinthBucket Go to Quoted Post
I have sat here for over half an hour reading all these posts. It is a sheer disgrace the number of Imagine users who have had their machines damaged or even rendered useless due to the Updates for this machine! It is more than a disgrace that not one person/representative from Provocraft can see fit and come on here to at least reassure all of us that things will be put right and all updates fixed so that we can update our machine with piece of mind. I have not done the last 3 updates because I have great concerns that my machine will die and I have no warranty to claim on. Because the updates have not been done, there are now cartridges that I cannot use on my Imagine - so what do I do? Do I take the chance and update so I can use the carts? or do I not use the Imagine for these cartridges and just use my E or E2? If the latter is the answer then why oh why did I buy the Imagine?

HEEELLLOOOOO PROVOCRAFT???!!! WE ALL NEED ANSWERS - WHEN WILL THE CORRUPT UPDATES BE FIXED? WILL THEY EVER BE FIXED??? AND WHAT GUARANTEE DO WE HAVE THAT THE UPDATE TO FIX THE LAST UPDATE WILL NOT ALSO BE CORRUPT???

I love all my Cricut machines but I am quickly loosing faith within the Company. Totally unbelievable that no-one from Provocraft feels the need to even TRY to put our minds at rest and offer some help/advice/understanding/compassion - I could go on and on! They just seem to keep bringing out another machine - and another machine! At this moment in time luckily I am able to use all 3 of my machines - but I want to use my Imagine with my new carts and can't - until I update - and then I could be left with no Imagine. I am saying again - that we all need answers to the problems with the updates - PLEASE!!

Lynda

I can't disagree. I miss having Chris on here. :( I'm amazed they don't really have anyone monitoring the Imagine forum much that works for PC. If your machine is under warranty still, I'd update while it's under warranty.