Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
14cross Offline
#31 Posted : Thursday, May 05, 2011 8:19:32 AM(UTC)
14cross

Groups: Cricut Community Moderator, Registered

Was thanked: 798 time(s) in 205 post(s)
Originally Posted by: SarahJACKSON1 Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for the help. Sorry, I was not able to log on the last 2 days.
1. Version 1.01 and (0079:0009:0240:201G)
2. The new Ben & Jerry's Red Velvet Cake! YUMMY!
3. Unfortunatley NO!

This is my second machine as the first one, (used only twice) a roller fell out??? This one came with a paper stating that it was updated by quality control. I was able to cut one sheet (7 images) and worked GREAT, the next dozen, not so great!

Sarah

You have a working version, though it is not up to date. I need more details about what is not cutting. Is it printing the images? What happens after it prints? Does the mat feed toward you into the front rollers? Does the cutting head come out and try to read the mat? What happens?

Chris
Provo Craft
Sandyfromukiah♥ Offline
#32 Posted : Thursday, May 12, 2011 9:49:43 AM(UTC)
Sandyfromukiah♥

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 374 time(s) in 334 post(s)
Originally Posted by: 14cross Go to Quoted Post
Attached is a new version of the Advanced Calibration procedure. There were some questions about how Scale adjustments work so I tried to reword things to make it more clear. I also added a section on changing both the Scale and Offset in the same image.

Hopefully these instructions will be clearer.

Chris
Provo Craft

Chris I am unable to open the 2nd attachment... Are both attachments the same only in different formats?
Thank you
Sandy
14cross Offline
#33 Posted : Thursday, May 12, 2011 9:54:58 AM(UTC)
14cross

Originally Posted by: Sandyfromukiah♥ Go to Quoted Post
Chris I am unable to open the 2nd attachment... Are both attachments the same only in different formats?
Thank you
Sandy

Yes, they are the same document but one is zipped while the other isn't.

Chris
Provo Craft
Sandyfromukiah♥ Offline
#34 Posted : Thursday, May 12, 2011 9:59:04 AM(UTC)
Sandyfromukiah♥

Was thanked: 374 time(s) in 334 post(s)
Thank you for your quick response.
HiGhLaNdEyEs Offline
#35 Posted : Thursday, May 12, 2011 2:08:16 PM(UTC)
HiGhLaNdEyEs

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 86 time(s) in 72 post(s)
How'd it go?

Chris
Provo Craft

Still not printing right, I'm sure it's something I'm doing or perhaps not doing;0)...haven't had a lot of time to play with it and what cuts I did make after following your directions were better, but still a bit off...will try and remember to post pics...just felt like A LOT of ink and paper was wasted while attempting this, but it needs to be done :0)...many thx for the directions.

}}}HUGS{{{,
Sheri G

AmandaPerkins1 Offline
#36 Posted : Saturday, May 14, 2011 4:38:17 PM(UTC)
AmandaPerkins1

This is exactly what I needed! Thanks Chris!

~Amanda
ScrapHappy Offline
#37 Posted : Saturday, May 14, 2011 4:50:53 PM(UTC)
ScrapHappy

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hi Chris,

I have a problem with callibration. The print & cut is fine for the first half of my mat and then by the time I get down to the bottom right corner, the callibration is completely off.

I have reviewed videos and blogs and by the sounds of it, I need to return my machine. I don't want to have to do that. Any suggestions?
File Attachment(s):
IMG_5916.JPG (1,216kb) downloaded 41 time(s).
IMG_5917.JPG (1,339kb) downloaded 24 time(s).
IMG_5918.JPG (1,257kb) downloaded 23 time(s).
14cross Offline
#38 Posted : Monday, May 16, 2011 8:29:20 AM(UTC)
14cross

Originally Posted by: ScrapHappy Go to Quoted Post
Hi Chris,

I have a problem with callibration. The print & cut is fine for the first half of my mat and then by the time I get down to the bottom right corner, the callibration is completely off.

I have reviewed videos and blogs and by the sounds of it, I need to return my machine. I don't want to have to do that. Any suggestions?

Check the other thread you posted these pictures on. I have repsonded there.

Chris
Provo Craft
scrappintwin Offline
#39 Posted : Wednesday, June 08, 2011 5:28:19 PM(UTC)
scrappintwin

Hi Chris,

I've changed the top-bottom scale by .3 as suggested a couple of months ago. I'm just getting back to it now as it was not successful and I have been very discouraged with my machine.

The calibration reads... Top-Bottom scale 401.03 offset -5
left-right scale 399.8 offset -20

You may not be able to see in the picture but the top of the mushroom (image top left) the cut around the top of the mushroom (the border) is uneven. The base of the mushroom and the earth below it is a great cut!
The image to the top right, the cut at the bottom is a little high.
All three images at the bottom are cutting below the image.

I even tried to reset to manufactory settings, that didn't work. I tried to play around with the scales and couldn't find what I needed. I've set it back to the suggestion you made and took additional pictures for you. I now await further instructions.

Thanks for your help and patience Chris!

Sincerely,
scrappintwin

Edited by user Wednesday, June 08, 2011 5:35:49 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

scrappintwin attached the following image(s):
IMG_0250.jpg
IMG_0251.jpg
IMG_0252.jpg
14cross Offline
#40 Posted : Thursday, June 09, 2011 8:37:16 AM(UTC)
14cross

Originally Posted by: scrappintwin Go to Quoted Post
Hi Chris,

I've changed the top-bottom scale by .3 as suggested a couple of months ago. I'm just getting back to it now as it was not successful and I have been very discouraged with my machine.

The calibration reads... Top-Bottom scale 401.03 offset -5
left-right scale 399.8 offset -20

You may not be able to see in the picture but the top of the mushroom (image top left) the cut around the top of the mushroom (the border) is uneven. The base of the mushroom and the earth below it is a great cut!
The image to the top right, the cut at the bottom is a little high.
All three images at the bottom are cutting below the image.

I even tried to reset to manufactory settings, that didn't work. I tried to play around with the scales and couldn't find what I needed. I've set it back to the suggestion you made and took additional pictures for you. I now await further instructions.

Thanks for your help and patience Chris!

Sincerely,
scrappintwin

When you reset to original settings did you run a basic calibration afterward? If not then I would do that. reset, run basic calibration and then print and cut out a page of 2 inch squares. Post that entire page here and I will tell you what to do next.

Chris
Provo Craft
takentwin Offline
#41 Posted : Tuesday, August 09, 2011 12:26:53 PM(UTC)
takentwin

Hi Chris,

I've now adjusted the top-bottom SCALE as recommended by 0.3. Please advise further.

I've attached the pictures of this adjustment.

Sincerely

Stary by going into Advanced Calibration and decreasing your Top-Bottom SCALE by 0.3. Let me know if that fixes the images on the bottom of the mat. If it doesn't then take pictures of images on the top of the mat and the bottom of the mat and I will make more suggestions.

Chris
Provo Craft

Hi Chris,

I'm hoping you can help!

Since I got my machine I've re-calibrated between each sheets and have separated projects so I get fresh cuts off each calibration. I've re-calibrated my machine more often then I've used it in projects. I have to admit I've often given up on any projects out of frustration. I've wasted so much paper. I haven't done the advance calibration yet because I'm not sure which setting to change and if that would change the top part of the page (which is cutting fine). I'm running out of white paper! The beginning of the sheet starts out with great cuts but by the time it gets to the bottom the entire cut is off.

I've been going through the posts and saw that the problem rectify for some people after they updated the machine so I did that hoping that my problem would be resolved but unfortunately, I'm not sure what to do next.

I took a few pictures to show you; however, this is my first post and I don't know how to attach anything.

Sincerely

takentwin attached the following image(s):
IMG_3075.JPG.jpg
IMG_3077.JPG.jpg
Preview-1.jpg
Preview-2.jpg
Preview.jpg
skydolphin Offline
#42 Posted : Wednesday, August 10, 2011 7:51:17 AM(UTC)
skydolphin

United States

Was thanked: 1149 time(s) in 723 post(s)
Hi Chris,

Thanks for posting the info for the advanced calibration. My mom and I spent 2-3 hours and still can't get it right.

I am attaching the pictures. The card is the regular settings. I have put the numbers at the top of what the settings were on. It's only slightly off.

Thanks,
alicia
File Attachment(s):
IMG_3424.JPG (2,581kb) downloaded 30 time(s).
IMG_3425.JPG (2,875kb) downloaded 16 time(s).
IMG_3426.JPG (3,164kb) downloaded 15 time(s).
IMG_3427.JPG (2,740kb) downloaded 24 time(s).
14cross Offline
#43 Posted : Thursday, August 11, 2011 3:35:15 PM(UTC)
14cross

Originally Posted by: skydolphin Go to Quoted Post
Hi Chris,

Thanks for posting the info for the advanced calibration. My mom and I spent 2-3 hours and still can't get it right.

I am attaching the pictures. The card is the regular settings. I have put the numbers at the top of what the settings were on. It's only slightly off.

Thanks,
alicia

The images of the girl have borders turned off so I can't really help there. The Imagine was designed to cut within the borders. We provided the option for customers to turn off borders if they want to but we cannot guarantee that your cuts will be accurate without the borders.

The picture iwth the squares is too blurry for me to make much out of it. Can you retake that picture but include the entire page of squares?

Chris
Provo Craft
14cross Offline
#44 Posted : Thursday, August 11, 2011 3:38:46 PM(UTC)
14cross

Originally Posted by: takentwin Go to Quoted Post
Hi Chris,

I've now adjusted the top-bottom SCALE as recommended by 0.3. Please advise further.

I've attached the pictures of this adjustment.

Sincerely

Stary by going into Advanced Calibration and decreasing your Top-Bottom SCALE by 0.3. Let me know if that fixes the images on the bottom of the mat. If it doesn't then take pictures of images on the top of the mat and the bottom of the mat and I will make more suggestions.

Chris
Provo Craft

Hi Chris,

I'm hoping you can help!

Since I got my machine I've re-calibrated between each sheets and have separated projects so I get fresh cuts off each calibration. I've re-calibrated my machine more often then I've used it in projects. I have to admit I've often given up on any projects out of frustration. I've wasted so much paper. I haven't done the advance calibration yet because I'm not sure which setting to change and if that would change the top part of the page (which is cutting fine). I'm running out of white paper! The beginning of the sheet starts out with great cuts but by the time it gets to the bottom the entire cut is off.

I've been going through the posts and saw that the problem rectify for some people after they updated the machine so I did that hoping that my problem would be resolved but unfortunately, I'm not sure what to do next.

I took a few pictures to show you; however, this is my first post and I don't know how to attach anything.

Sincerely

Start by getting the square in the top right corner of your mat aligned correctly. I would suggest decreasing to Top-Bottom OFFSET by about 8. I would also decrease your Top-Bottom SCALE by 0.3 and decrease your Right-Left SCALE by 0.2. Then try printing out some images and see how they look.

Chris
Provo Craft
Trinity Offline
#45 Posted : Thursday, August 11, 2011 8:30:08 PM(UTC)
Trinity

United States

Was thanked: 1192 time(s) in 594 post(s)
Check the other thread you posted these pictures on. I have repsonded there.

Chris
Provo Craft

I have dont the advanced calibration and it will cut fine until you get half way down the page and it gets off and the lower on the page you get the worse it gets. I just found this thread and I've tried to follow where everyone is going and posting at but I just got lostHuh I'm on my 3rd machine and I really don't want to have to return another one.
My imagine also turns off on it's own when I try to print and cut...it'll print then it'll go to cut and off it goesCrying
Can this be fixed or does this one have to go back also?

Thanks for any help
Trinity
14cross Offline
#46 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 7:23:37 AM(UTC)
14cross

Originally Posted by: Trinity Go to Quoted Post
I have dont the advanced calibration and it will cut fine until you get half way down the page and it gets off and the lower on the page you get the worse it gets. I just found this thread and I've tried to follow where everyone is going and posting at but I just got lostHuh I'm on my 3rd machine and I really don't want to have to return another one.
My imagine also turns off on it's own when I try to print and cut...it'll print then it'll go to cut and off it goesCrying
Can this be fixed or does this one have to go back also?

Thanks for any help
Trinity

If you would like to print and cut a page of 2 inch squares and post the results here I will give you some recommendations on your Advanced Calibration settings. It sounds like your Top-Bottom SCALE needs to be adjusted.

Chris
Provo Craft
Trinity Offline
#47 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 7:25:54 PM(UTC)
Trinity

United States

Was thanked: 1192 time(s) in 594 post(s)
If you would like to print and cut a page of 2 inch squares and post the results here I will give you some recommendations on your Advanced Calibration settings. It sounds like your Top-Bottom SCALE needs to be adjusted.

Chris
Provo Craft

here are a couple of pics that I took for you...the single square is the bottom right hand corner
Trinity attached the following image(s):
securedownload[1].jpg
securedownload[1] (2).jpg
skydolphin Offline
#48 Posted : Monday, August 15, 2011 7:40:13 AM(UTC)
skydolphin

United States

Was thanked: 1149 time(s) in 723 post(s)
Thanks Chris for the response. I have to send the I back because it won't turn on so if I need further assistance I will let you know.

Alicia
14cross Offline
#49 Posted : Thursday, August 18, 2011 10:24:37 AM(UTC)
14cross

Originally Posted by: Trinity Go to Quoted Post
here are a couple of pics that I took for you...the single square is the bottom right hand corner

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. Your squares don't look too bad. The only advice I would give is to decrease your Top-Bottom SCALE by 0.2 and increase your Right-Left SCALE by 0.2.

Chris
Provo Craft
Trell Offline
#50 Posted : Monday, September 05, 2011 2:34:37 PM(UTC)
Trell

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 197 time(s) in 96 post(s)
Can someone tell me how to fix this?
Trell attached the following image(s):
DSCF7336.JPG
14cross Offline
#51 Posted : Tuesday, September 06, 2011 1:41:25 PM(UTC)
14cross

Originally Posted by: Trell Go to Quoted Post
Can someone tell me how to fix this?

You want to move the cut box to the left and down. So, in Advanced Calibration, decrease the Top-Bottom Offset by about 15 to move the box down. Increase the Right-Left Offset by about 15 to move the box to the right. Then try printing and cutting again. If it moved to far in one direction then reduce the amount you adjusted it by. If it needs to go further then increase the amount you adjusted it by.

Chris
Provo Craft
 1 user thanked 14cross for this useful post.
Trell on 9/11/2011(UTC)
Trell Offline
#52 Posted : Sunday, September 11, 2011 4:35:16 PM(UTC)
Trell

Was thanked: 197 time(s) in 96 post(s)
Thanks Chris!
Ireland Offline
#53 Posted : Tuesday, November 01, 2011 1:01:18 PM(UTC)
Ireland

Was thanked: 262 time(s) in 193 post(s)
I'll start by saying that I'm on Imagine #3. I can't even remember what was wrong with the previous two. I remember the first one was an issue that it would not leave the Welcome Screen and #2 would not calibrate - basic or advanced. My husband and I tried everything. Anyway, I got my 3rd Imagine yesterday and today I sat down to update it and surprise, it was not cutting correctly. I re-opened Chris's document (again, we used this with Imagine #2) on advanced re-calibration and just spent the last 45m or so plugging away at the settings. And presto! It now is calibrated correctly. yay! Reading this thread and other threads I seriously think that they should not include printable vinyl with the Imagine, they should include a package of 25 sheets of white paper!

Now, maybe I can start to enjoy my Imagine.
LissaBrooks Offline
#54 Posted : Friday, November 04, 2011 12:53:55 PM(UTC)
LissaBrooks

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Oh thank god, I was beginning to think my machine was faulty or I was just crazy (or expecting too much). I calibrated mine, but it still has an offset - sometimes it cuts where it should, but when it gets further down the page, it's off for some reason and the page is not moving on the paper at all. I had no idea there was an advanced calibration, but I am thankful there is! Thanks for posting!

I really wish this information was included with the machine itself - the instructions that come with it are so basic that it's hard to know all these things without looking them up here. :\

By the way... why, every time I enter the security image, do I end up having to enter it again even though I know it's absolutely correct? It's like there's a time-out on it and it refreshes, but the image doesn't reflect that.
Khrista Offline
#55 Posted : Monday, November 07, 2011 6:36:44 PM(UTC)
Khrista

United States

Was thanked: 2507 time(s) in 1395 post(s)
Originally Posted by: LissaBrooks Go to Quoted Post
Oh thank god, I was beginning to think my machine was faulty or I was just crazy (or expecting too much). I calibrated mine, but it still has an offset - sometimes it cuts where it should, but when it gets further down the page, it's off for some reason and the page is not moving on the paper at all. I had no idea there was an advanced calibration, but I am thankful there is! Thanks for posting!

I really wish this information was included with the machine itself - the instructions that come with it are so basic that it's hard to know all these things without looking them up here. :\

By the way... why, every time I enter the security image, do I end up having to enter it again even though I know it's absolutely correct? It's like there's a time-out on it and it refreshes, but the image doesn't reflect that.

The security image thingy does time out. Wish they'd just make it a more secure login system. Calibration gets further off down the page so when you calibrate, it's usually good to calibrate for an image about 3/4 of the way down. Chris explained it once in a video I saw somewhere, but I don't recall all the details of it.

:)Khrista
Scrapperdee Offline
#56 Posted : Sunday, November 13, 2011 11:41:26 AM(UTC)
Scrapperdee

Canada

Was thanked: 4138 time(s) in 2374 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Ireland Go to Quoted Post
I'll start by saying that I'm on Imagine #3. I can't even remember what was wrong with the previous two. I remember the first one was an issue that it would not leave the Welcome Screen and #2 would not calibrate - basic or advanced. My husband and I tried everything. Anyway, I got my 3rd Imagine yesterday and today I sat down to update it and surprise, it was not cutting correctly. I re-opened Chris's document (again, we used this with Imagine #2) on advanced re-calibration and just spent the last 45m or so plugging away at the settings. And presto! It now is calibrated correctly. yay! Reading this thread and other threads I seriously think that they should not include printable vinyl with the Imagine, they should include a package of 25 sheets of white paper!

Now, maybe I can start to enjoy my Imagine.

I've been trying to re-calibrate mine on Friday - for several HOURS and its still not right. after the 1st row is good, the next are all various degrees of off-ness. I just don't get it...am I supposed to do the advanced calibration for each area of the page...and if you do that, doesn't it then make the top row off-line?

Khrista Offline
#57 Posted : Sunday, November 13, 2011 12:21:39 PM(UTC)
Khrista

United States

Was thanked: 2507 time(s) in 1395 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Scrapperdee Go to Quoted Post
I've been trying to re-calibrate mine on Friday - for several HOURS and its still not right. after the 1st row is good, the next are all various degrees of off-ness. I just don't get it...am I supposed to do the advanced calibration for each area of the page...and if you do that, doesn't it then make the top row off-line?

Are you up to date on your Imagine? Some folks have had the update correct some calibration issues they were having. You don't do the advanced ccalibration for each area. Are you calibrating just using a square or with a cartridge? Some images on the cartridges are not supposed to be exact due to shading, so sometimes beter to just do a square type shape (If you do a bigger size and rectangle, can at least use that as a background on a card).

If you post a pic of the paper after the image is removed, we might be able to help.

Scrapperdee Offline
#58 Posted : Sunday, November 13, 2011 3:05:33 PM(UTC)
Scrapperdee

Canada

Was thanked: 4138 time(s) in 2374 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Khrista Go to Quoted Post
Are you up to date on your Imagine? Some folks have had the update correct some calibration issues they were having. You don't do the advanced ccalibration for each area. Are you calibrating just using a square or with a cartridge? Some images on the cartridges are not supposed to be exact due to shading, so sometimes beter to just do a square type shape (If you do a bigger size and rectangle, can at least use that as a background on a card).

If you post a pic of the paper after the image is removed, we might be able to help.

I was trying to cut from Santa's Village and noticed it was really off - so I started regular calibration, then advanced. I did do the squares like in Chris's document and that's where I noticed the 1st row was working fine, but as it went further down the page, it got worse (and the left side of the page was different problems that right side).

I haven't updated it since BEFORE all the problems started in October...maybe I should try that first (although I'm really scared to do it)....I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and update her.

jeaniepringle Offline
#59 Posted : Thursday, December 01, 2011 5:36:01 PM(UTC)
jeaniepringle

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
OK. I bought the I on BF at WM. I played around with it, couldn't get it to calibrate and took it back. I saw the advanced calibrations and regretted sending it back. I was lucky to get it back from WM ( I know, I am crazy). I tried several times and using the Advanced Calibrations made a great cut with Imagine More (Tag with sweet and a strawberry). I turned it off and came back to it later and made a different image cut. IT WAS AWFUL!!!! I then made another tag cut and IT WAS AWFUL. the calibrations didn't change. Are we supposed to calibrate every image we cut. cut each individual layer seperately??? HELP!!!! I love the idea of the I, but.................... TIA
jeaniepringle Offline
#60 Posted : Thursday, December 01, 2011 5:38:04 PM(UTC)
jeaniepringle

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
what is the latest version of the I, how do I find what mine is? has updating the I helped with calibration? TIA