Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages<12345>
Sharr Offline
#61 Posted : Tuesday, September 20, 2011 7:04:26 AM(UTC)
Sharr

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 38 post(s)
Last night I tried to make a cut on my e2 with my gypsy, it said I was not connected when I hit the load mat botton, but the e2 showed the usb icon on the screen. I kept hitting the load button and on the third try it loaded and cut fine. This e2 is a replacement, my first one I sent back because the usb connector broke in the machine, I'm afraid to say this connector doesn't seem to be any more sturdy. Also I tried to cut from the craft room and kept having problems with it not reconnizing the machine and then finally the script message showed up, so I gave up on that (very frustrating), and yes everything is up to date. I won't connect my imagine to the craft room because of all the problems I've been reading about, and I'm almost ready to put my e2 on the shelf and go back to my old no problem expression. I am usually a very patient person, but these issues are getting to me.
LiveLoveandSCRAP! Offline
#62 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2011 4:25:25 PM(UTC)
LiveLoveandSCRAP!

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: MissyQCD Go to Quoted Post
I just got my Cricut E2 last week and have been trying to use it this week. I am having a problem with communication between my gypsy and my E2. It is cutting the images "off", the images don't cut in line as they should, and sometimes it cuts on top of itself, if that makes sense. I called PC customer support earlier today and was told that it is a communication between my E2 and my gypsy, and that I just may not be able to use my gypsy with my E2, unless a fix is created by the product development team. I do have the most up to date version of the E2 and the Gyspy, so I know I'm as "fixed" as it gets right now. BigGrin I'm just wonderng if the team is working on a fix for this, or if I'm just never going to be able to use my gypsy correctly with my E2?? (If that's the case I would maybe consider sending it back and getting my money back, as I use my gypsy for everything!!!)Does anyone know if there is a "fix" in the works that I just need to wait out?

Thanks so much!!!

Mine started to do the same thing about a week after I got the E2. Then I updated everything and it worked fine for about 3 weeks....now its doing it AGAIN =(

I know PC will fix it, but its unfortunate that my brand new $300 machine is sitting on a shelf in my crafroom and I am using my origianl E that is almost 5 years old!

hope they have a fix for it sooooon!!!!
DelseyMcDade Offline
#63 Posted : Tuesday, October 04, 2011 7:57:18 AM(UTC)
DelseyMcDade

Originally Posted by: 14cross Go to Quoted Post
No. The Gypsy will only update the Original Cricut, Create and Expression 1.

Cricut Sync will update the Gypsy, Imagine and Expression 2.

Chris
Provo Craft

Hello, I am new to Gypsy. Got it a month ago and haven't been able to use it because it keeps telling me that it can't communicate with my E2. Everything is up to date on both my E2 (which is brand new) and my Gypsy which is brand new. Contacted PC and they sent me a new cord that links my gypsy with my E2. Still nothing. Called PC back and they said that it sounds like the plug for the cord in my gypsy is faulty. I'm confused because reading here you say that I don't have to use the "update cricut" button on my gypsy but they say yes? So if I don't have to use that button (which gives me the error) how can I use the carts that are on my E2 with my gypsy? Sorry, I'm so confused and if I don't have to send my Gypsy back (which PC is telling me will take another 2 weeks (which will make it a month and a half that I've had my gypsy and not been able to use it) Id rather keep my gypsy if the "update cricut" button doesn't effect me. I can't remember if I tried to cut something or not. I will have to go home and try and see if it works. If not then their definitely is an issue, if so then I guess I'm good to go? Again, very confused on this one. Any help or assistance is appreciated.
Mercy Offline
#64 Posted : Tuesday, October 04, 2011 1:32:58 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Was thanked: 2082 time(s) in 1202 post(s)
Originally Posted by: DelseyMcDade Go to Quoted Post
Hello, I am new to Gypsy. Got it a month ago and haven't been able to use it because it keeps telling me that it can't communicate with my E2. Everything is up to date on both my E2 (which is brand new) and my Gypsy which is brand new. Contacted PC and they sent me a new cord that links my gypsy with my E2. Still nothing. Called PC back and they said that it sounds like the plug for the cord in my gypsy is faulty. I'm confused because reading here you say that I don't have to use the "update cricut" button on my gypsy but they say yes? So if I don't have to use that button (which gives me the error) how can I use the carts that are on my E2 with my gypsy? Sorry, I'm so confused and if I don't have to send my Gypsy back (which PC is telling me will take another 2 weeks (which will make it a month and a half that I've had my gypsy and not been able to use it) Id rather keep my gypsy if the "update cricut" button doesn't effect me. I can't remember if I tried to cut something or not. I will have to go home and try and see if it works. If not then their definitely is an issue, if so then I guess I'm good to go? Again, very confused on this one. Any help or assistance is appreciated.

Welcome! Is Matt your hubby? :)

To update the E2, if Cricut Sync is not on your computer, download C Sync. Once it is downloaded, turn on the E2, connect the e2 to your computer as the computer will try to add the driver, tell it no. If C Sync is not already opened, open C sync and follow the prompts. If you have XP, it might give you a warning of some type but ignore it and add the software.

The Gypsy cannot update the E2 as it can only update the legacy cricuts, (Expression etc) in which I prefer Design Studio to update the Expression. Therefore, if you are trying to update the E2 with the G, yes, it will give you a connection error because the G is looking for the Expression and not the E2 as G is supposed to give you that error message.

1 user thanked Mercy for this useful post.
DelseyMcDade on 10/5/2011(UTC)
DelseyMcDade Offline
#65 Posted : Wednesday, October 05, 2011 10:25:33 AM(UTC)
DelseyMcDade

Originally Posted by: mercy Go to Quoted Post
Welcome! Is Matt your hubby? :)

To update the E2, if Cricut Sync is not on your computer, download C Sync. Once it is downloaded, turn on the E2, connect the e2 to your computer as the computer will try to add the driver, tell it no. If C Sync is not already opened, open C sync and follow the prompts. If you have XP, it might give you a warning of some type but ignore it and add the software.

The Gypsy cannot update the E2 as it can only update the legacy cricuts, (Expression etc) in which I prefer Design Studio to update the Expression. Therefore, if you are trying to update the E2 with the G, yes, it will give you a connection error because the G is looking for the Expression and not the E2 as G is supposed to give you that error message.

Hello. My hubby is Matt. How do you know him? I went home lastnight and tried my gypsy just by hooking it up to my E2 and it worked great. Funny how everyone that I spoke with at PC didn't know this tidbit of information. I called PC and let them know that it works and why I was having issues in case someone else was having the same issues. Question though. I know that the E2 Anniversary is able to do wireless. How do I do that? do I need some special cord or anything? I noticed the antennae looking thing on the bottom of my E2 Screen but it's not going wireless. Thanks.
Mercy Offline
#66 Posted : Wednesday, October 05, 2011 10:49:23 AM(UTC)
Mercy

Hello. My hubby is Matt. How do you know him? I went home lastnight and tried my gypsy just by hooking it up to my E2 and it worked great. Funny how everyone that I spoke with at PC didn't know this tidbit of information. I called PC and let them know that it works and why I was having issues in case someone else was having the same issues. Question though. I know that the E2 Anniversary is able to do wireless. How do I do that? do I need some special cord or anything? I noticed the antennae looking thing on the bottom of my E2 Screen but it's not going wireless. Thanks.

LOL How do I know Matt? You have a VERY caring hubby and tell him that I said so!BigGrin We don't find many hubbies that support their wife hobby so enjoy him. Now, how do I know that? LOL Click the below link.

http://community.provocr...ind=lastpost#post1129412

Yes, the AE2 can update wirelessly and pc has released the adapter as that is all that is required to update the AE2 wirelessly as at the moment it does not do anything beyond that.

http://community.provocr...R-HAS-BEEN-RELEASED.aspx
DelseyMcDade Offline
#67 Posted : Wednesday, October 05, 2011 11:08:40 AM(UTC)
DelseyMcDade

LOL How do I know Matt? You have a VERY caring hubby and tell him that I said so!BigGrin We don't find many hubbies that support their wife hobby so enjoy him. Now, how do I know that? LOL Click the below link.

http://community.provocr...ind=lastpost#post1129412

Yes, the AE2 can update wirelessly and pc has released the adapter as that is all that is required to update the AE2 wirelessly as at the moment it does not do anything beyond that.

http://community.provocr...R-HAS-BEEN-RELEASED.aspx

How funny. Actually that particular matt that you are speaking about is not my hubby Matt. My hubby although he supports my crafts and scrapbooking he hasn't a clue on anything I purchase or how it works. BigGrin Anyway, to be a big pain, I do have another question. What is the Cricut Circle? do you have information about it. I've heard a couple of things but I would like to know what it is and everything. Is there an information page I can go to? Thanks again
~Delsey~
Mercy Offline
#68 Posted : Wednesday, October 05, 2011 11:53:02 AM(UTC)
Mercy

How funny. Actually that particular matt that you are speaking about is not my hubby Matt. My hubby although he supports my crafts and scrapbooking he hasn't a clue on anything I purchase or how it works. BigGrin Anyway, to be a big pain, I do have another question. What is the Cricut Circle? do you have information about it. I've heard a couple of things but I would like to know what it is and everything. Is there an information page I can go to? Thanks again
~Delsey~

LOL LOL I am cracking up! How crazy is that?LOL Both of you have the same problem and you have a hubby named Matt!LOL

Nooooo, you are not being a pain!BigGrin

Click the below link and click the circle with antennas in the top right hand corner.

http://www.cricut.com/Default.aspx

The Circle gives you a separate forum that only Circlets can use. It is pretty much setup like this board but a mini version. You can get discounts, four carts a year, special contests, internet magazine etc.
DelseyMcDade Offline
#69 Posted : Saturday, October 08, 2011 5:15:56 AM(UTC)
DelseyMcDade

LOL LOL I am cracking up! How crazy is that?LOL Both of you have the same problem and you have a hubby named Matt!LOL

Nooooo, you are not being a pain!BigGrin

Click the below link and click the circle with antennas in the top right hand corner.

http://www.cricut.com/Default.aspx

The Circle gives you a separate forum that only Circlets can use. It is pretty much setup like this board but a mini version. You can get discounts, four carts a year, special contests, internet magazine etc.

Loving3boys1girl Offline
#70 Posted : Friday, November 11, 2011 2:07:04 PM(UTC)
Loving3boys1girl

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 25 post(s)
I ordered at the launch in April, got it very early in May and it worked great. I used it a ton during the summer. Then school and soccer started and I didn't have time for crafting. I've been trying to force myself to do a little each month and I'm having nothing but issues with it. Its not completing cuts. Shapes are off. Letters and most cuts are getting those "whiskers" I've read about. I haven't updated it since I got it so I'm hoping its just that. I guess I'll report back after I find the time to update it and play.
Mercy Offline
#71 Posted : Friday, November 11, 2011 3:01:12 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Originally Posted by: Loving3boys1girl Go to Quoted Post
I ordered at the launch in April, got it very early in May and it worked great. I used it a ton during the summer. Then school and soccer started and I didn't have time for crafting. I've been trying to force myself to do a little each month and I'm having nothing but issues with it. Its not completing cuts. Shapes are off. Letters and most cuts are getting those "whiskers" I've read about. I haven't updated it since I got it so I'm hoping its just that. I guess I'll report back after I find the time to update it and play.

Yes, let us know the outcome! I have not updated mine since the initial update and my circles are not pretty so if it improves yours, let me know and I might have to update as well! :)
~tallulah~ Offline
#72 Posted : Monday, November 14, 2011 8:28:04 PM(UTC)
~tallulah~

Was thanked: 343 time(s) in 247 post(s)
so are we able to use the gypsy and cut the e2 carts that are already on the e2? not physical carts.

Mercy Offline
#73 Posted : Monday, November 14, 2011 9:05:13 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Originally Posted by: ~tallulah~ Go to Quoted Post
so are we able to use the gypsy and cut the e2 carts that are already on the e2? not physical carts.

No, not yet but since CCR is out of BETA, let us see what Thursday will bring us!LOL
~tallulah~ Offline
#74 Posted : Monday, November 14, 2011 9:43:37 PM(UTC)
~tallulah~

Was thanked: 343 time(s) in 247 post(s)
thanks! BigGrin
Mercy Offline
#75 Posted : Monday, November 14, 2011 11:33:20 PM(UTC)
Mercy

You're welcome!BigGrin
Loving3boys1girl Offline
#76 Posted : Wednesday, November 16, 2011 11:35:02 PM(UTC)
Loving3boys1girl

Yes, let us know the outcome! I have not updated mine since the initial update and my circles are not pretty so if it improves yours, let me know and I might have to update as well! :)

I finally ran an update today and cut some letters (the ones where I knew exactly which cartridge and size I had done) and I got the exact same "whiskers". Haven't tried circles yet. :( Now I have to decide if I'm okay with occasional whiskers (it doesn't do it on every letter or every cart) or if I need to look into having my machine repaired.

And btw, when I originally posted this, I thought I was in the "How is your E2" thread, not the gypsy one!
Mercy Offline
#77 Posted : Saturday, November 19, 2011 12:36:53 PM(UTC)
Mercy

I finally ran an update today and cut some letters (the ones where I knew exactly which cartridge and size I had done) and I got the exact same "whiskers". Haven't tried circles yet. :( Now I have to decide if I'm okay with occasional whiskers (it doesn't do it on every letter or every cart) or if I need to look into having my machine repaired.

And btw, when I originally posted this, I thought I was in the "How is your E2" thread, not the gypsy one!

Do you have pictures to post so Product Development can see it?
Loving3boys1girl Offline
#78 Posted : Saturday, November 19, 2011 8:41:15 PM(UTC)
Loving3boys1girl

Do you have pictures to post so Product Development can see it?

I do have one but I've never attached pictures here so hopefully I can do this. Its more like it completes the cut and then keeps going for a little bit. This one is on the inside of a letter but sometimes its on the outside. I've heard of this before but I don't know if it was something fixable, something that needed to be replaced or just something we have to deal with.

And just in case they need to know, this was Lyrical Letters set at 2 inches. No Gypsy.

Edited by user Saturday, November 19, 2011 8:54:00 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

File Attachment(s):
115.JPG (3,764kb) downloaded 27 time(s).
Mercy Offline
#79 Posted : Saturday, November 19, 2011 9:53:35 PM(UTC)
Mercy

I do have one but I've never attached pictures here so hopefully I can do this. Its more like it completes the cut and then keeps going for a little bit. This one is on the inside of a letter but sometimes its on the outside. I've heard of this before but I don't know if it was something fixable, something that needed to be replaced or just something we have to deal with.

And just in case they need to know, this was Lyrical Letters set at 2 inches. No Gypsy.

What type of paper were you using including brand name and do you remember your settings?
Loving3boys1girl Offline
#80 Posted : Monday, November 21, 2011 11:55:10 AM(UTC)
Loving3boys1girl

What type of paper were you using including brand name and do you remember your settings?

I was using cardstock and I'm 99% sure its The Paper Company (the one Joann's sells) and I was probably using the heavy paper setting and my blade is set at 6.
Mercy Offline
#81 Posted : Monday, November 21, 2011 1:12:21 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Thanks as I emailed tech.
Loving3boys1girl Offline
#82 Posted : Tuesday, November 22, 2011 5:18:48 PM(UTC)
Loving3boys1girl

Thanks as I emailed tech.

Thank you!

I've been playing a little more and I cut out a sail boat from Boys will Be Boys and the circles are way off and 1 has the "whiskers". I also cut out a turkey from Create A Critter and he seems okay but I cut the phrase "GobbLe" twice and 1 has the whiskers on 2 of the letters in the first one that cut but the 2nd one barely had it. It was there but hardly noticeable.

I think I'll be calling PC on Monday morning.
Mercy Offline
#83 Posted : Tuesday, November 22, 2011 6:25:05 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Thank you!

I've been playing a little more and I cut out a sail boat from Boys will Be Boys and the circles are way off and 1 has the "whiskers". I also cut out a turkey from Create A Critter and he seems okay but I cut the phrase "GobbLe" twice and 1 has the whiskers on 2 of the letters in the first one that cut but the 2nd one barely had it. It was there but hardly noticeable.

I think I'll be calling PC on Monday morning.

At this writing, the E2 cannot cut circles. Let us know the outcome from your call with PC.
Loving3boys1girl Offline
#84 Posted : Tuesday, November 22, 2011 7:26:26 PM(UTC)
Loving3boys1girl

So thats probably the problem behind the odd cuts I'm getting. Its always on the curves of letters or on circles. Hopefully this can be fixed in an update at some point because this is really frustrating. I LOVE the E2 but not the way its cutting now. So glad I haven't sold my E yet but my dh is really getting on my case because I was supposed to sell the E months ago to help replace the cost of the E2 and with the way my E2 is cutting, I can't sell the E because these sort of cuts and no circles is unacceptable. Crying
Mercy Offline
#85 Posted : Tuesday, November 22, 2011 7:43:19 PM(UTC)
Mercy

So thats probably the problem behind the odd cuts I'm getting. Its always on the curves of letters or on circles. Hopefully this can be fixed in an update at some point because this is really frustrating. I LOVE the E2 but not the way its cutting now. So glad I haven't sold my E yet but my dh is really getting on my case because I was supposed to sell the E months ago to help replace the cost of the E2 and with the way my E2 is cutting, I can't sell the E because these sort of cuts and no circles is unacceptable. Crying

Other than the circles, round fonts and images, does the E2 cut fine?
Loving3boys1girl Offline
#86 Posted : Wednesday, November 23, 2011 11:19:49 AM(UTC)
Loving3boys1girl

Yes, at least with what I've been testing it with lately. Stars are pefect. Squares are perfect. The sailboat I cut was perfect other than the circle (not that you can call them circles) cut outs in the middle of it. I need to pull out random carts and cut some test letters this weekend.
Mercy Offline
#87 Posted : Thursday, November 24, 2011 12:45:03 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Yes, at least with what I've been testing it with lately. Stars are pefect. Squares are perfect. The sailboat I cut was perfect other than the circle (not that you can call them circles) cut outs in the middle of it. I need to pull out random carts and cut some test letters this weekend.

Yes, let us know the outcome as that could be the issue.
Albertabug Offline
#88 Posted : Saturday, November 26, 2011 5:36:33 AM(UTC)
Albertabug

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I bought an E2 last week and was having problems with the machine and my gypsy. I updated both machines. When I connected they gypsy to the machine and hit cut it would start cutting then just stop in the middle of the cut and say it wasn't connected. So I unplugged it and did it again, then it was fine, this happened over and over again. When plugging in the gypsy the connector on the back didn't feel like it was sturdy so I assumed it was a faulty machine so I exchanged it yesterday and I am playing around with it today, and the connector again does not feel sturdy at all, i'm gonna take it back and get my money back, here in canada the darn machine is 399 good thing i did not sell my other machine, it works fine with no problems att all, you think with technology they could make the connectors more sturdy arent things supposed to get better with design, not worse!!!
Mercy Offline
#89 Posted : Saturday, November 26, 2011 11:41:49 AM(UTC)
Mercy

Originally Posted by: Albertabug Go to Quoted Post
I bought an E2 last week and was having problems with the machine and my gypsy. I updated both machines. When I connected they gypsy to the machine and hit cut it would start cutting then just stop in the middle of the cut and say it wasn't connected. So I unplugged it and did it again, then it was fine, this happened over and over again. When plugging in the gypsy the connector on the back didn't feel like it was sturdy so I assumed it was a faulty machine so I exchanged it yesterday and I am playing around with it today, and the connector again does not feel sturdy at all, i'm gonna take it back and get my money back, here in canada the darn machine is 399 good thing i did not sell my other machine, it works fine with no problems att all, you think with technology they could make the connectors more sturdy arent things supposed to get better with design, not worse!!!

The adapter port and the adapter is not a snug fit as that is how the it is made and that should not have been a problem. While cutting, was your G connected to the elecrical outlet?
Mylene Offline
#90 Posted : Saturday, November 26, 2011 7:07:19 PM(UTC)
Mylene

Where do you find the instructions on how to link the Gypsy to the E2 and all the cartridges?