Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
HeidiK Offline
#61 Posted : Tuesday, November 22, 2011 3:58:56 PM(UTC)
HeidiK

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 97 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Khrista Go to Quoted Post
Hi! What are you using? The machine and cartridges directly, or are you using CCR or a Gypsy? If you happen to be using CCR, it's still buggy (aka in beta) for the Imagine. What are all the numbers on the about screen of your imagine?

:)Khrista

Hi Krista,

I am unable to even get into craft room:( (I have satellite and just found out that CCR won't work with satellite internet)so I am just using carts directly in the Imagine. I have since done another restore and it is working but not consistently. I have to keep re-inserting the carts and then after 2-3 times - it will print and cut. I am at work so don't have the numbers but will check when I get home.

Thank you!

Heidi
dncnqueen02 Offline
#62 Posted : Thursday, November 24, 2011 11:06:57 PM(UTC)
dncnqueen02

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Glad to hear this as I just got my Imagine at Walmart tonight and my Hopscotch Imagine is unreadable. The Snapshot wasn't showing up on the Imagine screen. So doing updates now hopefully my Hopscotch will work now.
Khrista Offline
#63 Posted : Friday, November 25, 2011 1:27:43 AM(UTC)
Khrista

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 2516 time(s) in 1401 post(s)
Originally Posted by: dncnqueen02 Go to Quoted Post
Glad to hear this as I just got my Imagine at Walmart tonight and my Hopscotch Imagine is unreadable. The Snapshot wasn't showing up on the Imagine screen. So doing updates now hopefully my Hopscotch will work now.

Hopscotch is one that also has some known bad ones that show up every so often. Those are both pattern cartridges though, so they won't 'show up' on the screen after you put them in. You'll need to select an image and then go to fill it. Then you'll see all of the patterns.

HTH
Khrista Offline
#64 Posted : Saturday, November 26, 2011 8:01:03 PM(UTC)
Khrista

United States

Originally Posted by: StampinRealtor Go to Quoted Post
I'm trying to figure out where to go to do an Imagine update.

The book that comes with it doesn't go into updates at all. If it's that important, why doesn't the book have instructions?
The DVD won't play at all.
Everyone is talking about an update, but so far I haven't run across any instructions, nor a link to get started.

Getting frustrated! The imagine (though it's brand spanking new) won't read cartridges until I update. You'd think it would have been done before being sent out, right? Wrong.

Any ideas on where to find this elusive update?

Karen

Hi. You need to download cricutsync from www.cricut.com/cricutsync Make sure you let your computer install it and also adobeair. The directions are all on that page with screenshots. Once you have it installed, you'll use the white cord that came with your Imagine to connect the machine to your computer. Turn the Imagine on, and then open cricutsync. It'll tell you if you have updates or not.

HTH
 1 user thanked Khrista for this useful post.
ERD0604 on 1/6/2012(UTC)
StampinRealtor Offline
#65 Posted : Saturday, November 26, 2011 8:04:35 PM(UTC)
StampinRealtor

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Been trying to do an update for quite a while now (way more than an hour). It's stuck at Imagine restarting and obviously going......nowhere. Will let it go a while longer. It says not to turn it off or anything, but if it says it's restarting....wouldn't you think it would be? so now it's stuck and it says not to turn it off.

Any ideas?
Khrista Offline
#66 Posted : Saturday, November 26, 2011 8:18:47 PM(UTC)
Khrista

United States

Originally Posted by: StampinRealtor Go to Quoted Post
Been trying to do an update for quite a while now (way more than an hour). It's stuck at Imagine restarting and obviously going......nowhere. Will let it go a while longer. It says not to turn it off or anything, but if it says it's restarting....wouldn't you think it would be? so now it's stuck and it says not to turn it off.

Any ideas?

Are you updating with the cartridge or with cricutsync? If it's cricutsync, unplug the usb and plug it back in. Did the Imagine restart even though the screen says that still?

1 user thanked Khrista for this useful post.
StampinRealtor on 11/27/2011(UTC)
StampinRealtor Offline
#67 Posted : Sunday, November 27, 2011 4:52:24 AM(UTC)
StampinRealtor

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Yay! I was able to get my Imagine updated! It took a while to figure out what to do. If you follow directions, it tells you to follow the directions to a T. Then it leaves you hanging!

Got to the point where it said the Imagine would restart. It did not. I let it sit, and sit, and sit for a few hours. Then I figured something was wrong. Warned not to turn off the machine or it would ruin the machine, I just closed the box down. Then the rest of the update continued.

Next it wouldn't read the machine. I had to change USB cords (Same as I had to with the Expression!) and that worked. A half hour later the machine was updated.

There were no instructions when it "hung up" on restarting the machine. It didn't go automatically. After being patient and a reasonable time, I just closed the box and it continued. Whatever you do, do not turn off the machine.

I'm off and running! And to think I almost didn't buy this machine either. Oh....the other issue was that it took a while to figure out where the update was, thinking it was different than the other machines. I already had my laptop updated from my E, so it was just a matter of plugging it in.

Now to check out the G instructions. Once you get past the technical....this is going to be fun!
megan_in_pink Offline
#68 Posted : Sunday, November 27, 2011 4:00:36 PM(UTC)
megan_in_pink

So I just got my imagine (thanks wal mart) and I to want print some 12x12, but need to do the update. It still sounds like it is having alot of problems. Should I wait a bit longer?
Khrista Offline
#69 Posted : Sunday, November 27, 2011 8:49:33 PM(UTC)
Khrista

United States

Originally Posted by: megan_in_pink Go to Quoted Post
So I just got my imagine (thanks wal mart) and I to want print some 12x12, but need to do the update. It still sounds like it is having alot of problems. Should I wait a bit longer?

The update problems aren't due to the update. Mainly due to the server being hit with everyone updating their Imagines, E2, Minis, etc. Tends to slow their server down when that happens and cause updating issues. Morning time seems to be a good time to do so vs. at night time the past few days. You can print 12x12 if you have the 'pattern' icon (should be 4 icons on the main screen). If not, then you'll need to update which you'll need to do with cricutsync. www.cricut.com/cricutsync

HTH
creationsfromtheheart9952afa710 Offline
#70 Posted : Sunday, November 27, 2011 9:40:28 PM(UTC)
creationsfromtheheart9952afa710

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Just bought the Imagine today and the 2 bonus carts that came with it do not work. The Art cart works fine but not the others. Where do I get the update?
Carolyn Young Offline
#71 Posted : Sunday, November 27, 2011 10:45:46 PM(UTC)
Carolyn Young

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Blushing Sadly, I see I'm not alone with my current problems. Do the problems circulate through the air or something? I turned on my Imagine tonight to print and cut out snowmen for my December calendar updates at school. The first page printed out 10 snowmen but did not cut them out. I thought that was strange, but decided I could cut them out by hand. I only needed the Imagine cartridge (Enjoy the Seasons), but started getting an error message telling me to insert a cartridge on the 'other' side. I inserted several cartridges which wouldn't read but I couldn't get past that message to print and cut or print, or cut.....nothing. I tried turning it off and on again several times with no success. The last time I turned it on, the message said print cartridges missing....not out of ink, mind you MISSING! I turned to this site for possible assistance from someone else who perhaps could help just see that we are all in the same sinking boat. Not a good feeling, PC. I just purchased the EXP 2 on Saturday, but I want to print out in color. No wonder the prices were so low! PC, I can understand that you are a bit overwhelmed, but you have a lot of loyal customers who need to hear from you. I suppose I have nothing to lose by trying the update, because my Imagine is not doing anything. I just don't have hours and hours of time to invest in something that still might not work or could make it worse.

Help us out here, PC.

Carolyn
Khrista Offline
#72 Posted : Monday, November 28, 2011 11:04:48 PM(UTC)
Khrista

United States

Originally Posted by: creationsfromtheheart9952afa710 Go to Quoted Post
Just bought the Imagine today and the 2 bonus carts that came with it do not work. The Art cart works fine but not the others. Where do I get the update?

The pattern cartridges do not pop up anything like the art cartridge. To check if the pattern ones are working, select one of the built in images. Go into edit it (click on the pencil) and then scroll across to see if the patterns from that cartridge are showing.

HTH
Khrista
wendygreen36589027ba Offline
#73 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2011 10:21:49 AM(UTC)
wendygreen36589027ba

I'm having a problem that since the update my cricut imagine wont even cut. If I use it with CCR the blade housing just bangs and wont cut but it i do it stand alone it wont cut at all. Worked fine before I did the update. any ideas?
KateFinch Offline
#74 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2011 3:09:58 PM(UTC)
KateFinch

Angry Hi All; I have had my imagine since May- it has worked well thus far (a few screen freezes, printing but no cutting... all have been rectified & i have successfully completed a few updates previously via cricutsync) however.. a few weeks ago I updated the machine via cricutsync- it seems to have erased my support content and now 50% of the 15 cartridges I have, require the update to work.

However- when I go to update- cricutsync downloads the data for the update(slowly... about an hour), and then when it goes to upload the data to the machine.. it stays at 0% indefinitely... I have tried this over 50 times.. powering computer off, then cricut, disconnecting everything-- the whole 9 yards. Well, needless to say- Im extremely frustrated, because for a $500 machine- It should work.

I am afraid that the machine is completely ruined.. Is this a server issue on their end for the update? or is this my machines issue.. suggestions? sympathy?!

Thanks!!LOL
LizzyCz Offline
#75 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2011 4:22:05 PM(UTC)
LizzyCz

United States

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 24 post(s)
I wonder if you need to do a system restore? There are instructions on a sticky on the first page. I had problems with an update, did the restore and it is working ok as a stand alone or with my gypsy.
Khrista Offline
#76 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2011 6:55:50 PM(UTC)
Khrista

United States

Originally Posted by: KateFinch Go to Quoted Post
Angry Hi All; I have had my imagine since May- it has worked well thus far (a few screen freezes, printing but no cutting... all have been rectified & i have successfully completed a few updates previously via cricutsync) however.. a few weeks ago I updated the machine via cricutsync- it seems to have erased my support content and now 50% of the 15 cartridges I have, require the update to work.

However- when I go to update- cricutsync downloads the data for the update(slowly... about an hour), and then when it goes to upload the data to the machine.. it stays at 0% indefinitely... I have tried this over 50 times.. powering computer off, then cricut, disconnecting everything-- the whole 9 yards. Well, needless to say- Im extremely frustrated, because for a $500 machine- It should work.

I am afraid that the machine is completely ruined.. Is this a server issue on their end for the update? or is this my machines issue.. suggestions? sympathy?!

Thanks!!LOL

Hi. I don't think the machine is ruined. The server seems to be swamped and so the downloading is taking longer than usual from what I've seen on here. Pretty typical when new machines come out or they do something like the BF sale. Try to do the update and when it stays at 0%, unplug the usb and plug it back in. Wait 5 minutes to see if that kick starts it. If that doesn't, unplug the USB again and plug it into a different USB port. Give it 5 minutes again. If that still doesn't work, you're going to need to do a system restore. There was a bad update put out hm.. I want to say in October that messed up things. Sounds like that is the one you updated to unfortunately. It's now fixed, but it's updating just fine for some and others have to do a system restore. Majority it's just fine for.

HTH
Khrista Offline
#77 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2011 6:56:59 PM(UTC)
Khrista

United States

Originally Posted by: wendygreen36589027ba Go to Quoted Post
I'm having a problem that since the update my cricut imagine wont even cut. If I use it with CCR the blade housing just bangs and wont cut but it i do it stand alone it wont cut at all. Worked fine before I did the update. any ideas?

What are all the numbers on your 'about' screen? CCR I can't speak to. It's still in beta and works for some, not for others, and sometimes a mix of both.

fishermansdaughterc80f27bb Offline
#78 Posted : Friday, December 02, 2011 10:42:03 AM(UTC)
fishermansdaughterc80f27bb

I did the update and then cut some files and yesterday I went to start my Christmas cards and it did what everyone says. It printed the file and then stayed where it was and wouldnt cut. Now it says it doesnt recognize the print cartridge. What do I do now, Ive run the sync again etc but the ink cartridges are brand new.

So much for making my Christmas cards sigh.Huh
Khrista Offline
#79 Posted : Friday, December 02, 2011 6:09:27 PM(UTC)
Khrista

United States

[quote=fishermansdaughterc80f27bb;1217124]I did the update and then cut some files and yesterday I went to start my Christmas cards and it did what everyone says. It printed the file and then stayed where it was and wouldnt cut. Now it says it doesnt recognize the print cartridge. What do I do now, Ive run the sync again etc but the ink cartridges are brand new.

So much for making my Christmas cards sigh.Huh [/

Shut the machine off, take out both cartridges, turn on the machine, insert the color first and let it register and then insert the black. If that doesn't work, you can try to carefully clean the contacts. If that doesn't work and you're machine is up to date, then you probably have bad ink cartridges and I'd call PC to see if they might replace them.

HTH
fishermansdaughterc80f27bb Offline
#80 Posted : Saturday, December 03, 2011 10:40:37 AM(UTC)
fishermansdaughterc80f27bb

It did not work guess I need to call and I still wont get to make my Christmas cards. What a bummer. I cant afford new ink right now. At this rate it will cost less to buy some and get em mailed. What a waste of money this machine was.Mad
GaileMcNair Offline
#81 Posted : Friday, December 16, 2011 8:06:50 PM(UTC)
GaileMcNair

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
To All

For some reason the up date is not taking place. My CI has been trying to complete its update for 4 hours now. It is stuck at send update contents. The last 3 buttons will not update. I have been trying this for a month now. Cricut support needs to correct the software. I was gald to see I was not the only one but sad to see there is allot of us that can not update our imagine to the latest.

rombie925f4c9297 Offline
#82 Posted : Monday, January 02, 2012 12:58:25 PM(UTC)
rombie925f4c9297

So the update downloaded in 2 minutes it was great and then it said it went right to the cricut fast but then it now just says "do not turn off the device" and "imagine updating" it had been doing this for 2 hours..... so eventually i shut the cricut off and tried again same thing... so i disconnected the usb deleted everything downloaded everything again and still same problem.... any suggestions????

first time using a cricut this is sad..... Crying
Khrista Offline
#83 Posted : Monday, January 02, 2012 1:07:12 PM(UTC)
Khrista

United States

Originally Posted by: rombie925f4c9297 Go to Quoted Post
So the update downloaded in 2 minutes it was great and then it said it went right to the cricut fast but then it now just says "do not turn off the device" and "imagine updating" it had been doing this for 2 hours..... so eventually i shut the cricut off and tried again same thing... so i disconnected the usb deleted everything downloaded everything again and still same problem.... any suggestions????

first time using a cricut this is sad..... Crying

Hi. What is going on in the cricutsync window when it says 'do not turn off/updating'? Usually there is a bar that has a percentage that should be slowly moving towards 100%. If it's not moving, then it's timing out which means unplug the usb whlie sync is open and plug it back in. The update can take about an hour to actually move over to the machine, but depending on their server and if a machine is timing out due to a screensaver / sleep mode, it may mess it up.

rombie925f4c9297 Offline
#84 Posted : Monday, January 02, 2012 2:49:46 PM(UTC)
rombie925f4c9297

Originally Posted by: Khrista Go to Quoted Post
Hi. What is going on in the cricutsync window when it says 'do not turn off/updating'? Usually there is a bar that has a percentage that should be slowly moving towards 100%. If it's not moving, then it's timing out which means unplug the usb whlie sync is open and plug it back in. The update can take about an hour to actually move over to the machine, but depending on their server and if a machine is timing out due to a screensaver / sleep mode, it may mess it up.

Thanks so much eventually i had to call in and they had me do a different way and it finally worked, but no my screen in white and i can barely see anything... do you how can i fix this??Confused
Khrista Offline
#85 Posted : Monday, January 02, 2012 3:33:48 PM(UTC)
Khrista

United States

Originally Posted by: rombie925f4c9297 Go to Quoted Post
Thanks so much eventually i had to call in and they had me do a different way and it finally worked, but no my screen in white and i can barely see anything... do you how can i fix this??Confused

Hm... that doesn't sound good. There's no way to make the screen darker. You could try a system restore, but I'm thinking that won't take care of it. I'd call on that one.

Khrista
Bloggin The Crafts Offline
#86 Posted : Saturday, January 14, 2012 3:47:59 PM(UTC)
Bloggin The Crafts

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 17 post(s)
I am trying to update my Imagine and ran into a bit of trouble. I am currently at the part where the Imagine Content Full is supposed to load from the computer to the Imagine (the computer already downloaded it, according to the status bar). The status bar does not move from 0%. I unplugged the USB from the computer then plugged it in again...no luck. Then I unplugged the USB cable from the Imagine and plugged it back in...nothing. Then I turned Imagine off and back on...nothing. The status bar will not move.

This is the first time I've had trouble updating my Imagine. Any ideas?

Lori
Coah'sNana Offline
#87 Posted : Saturday, January 14, 2012 4:09:12 PM(UTC)
Coah'sNana

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Virgin Islands (U.S.)

Was thanked: 18541 time(s) in 4861 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Bloggin The Crafts Go to Quoted Post
I am trying to update my Imagine and ran into a bit of trouble. I am currently at the part where the Imagine Content Full is supposed to load from the computer to the Imagine (the computer already downloaded it, according to the status bar). The status bar does not move from 0%. I unplugged the USB from the computer then plugged it in again...no luck. Then I unplugged the USB cable from the Imagine and plugged it back in...nothing. Then I turned Imagine off and back on...nothing. The status bar will not move.

This is the first time I've had trouble updating my Imagine. Any ideas?

Lori

Hi Lori, Lots of people tend to get stuck here with one update or another. No one really knows why. The rule of thumb is to start over and try the update 2 more times. If that doesn't work, then you move onto a system restore. Double check that your antivirus isn't blocking it (even though it shows downloaded at 100%) and that your connection isn't going to sleep. If you have a different usb port on your computer, use that as well. I know that using a usb hub isn't a good idea. Since you've updated before, I'm sure you know all these things, but never hurts to double check. Sometimes just waiting til later in the evening or early in the morning makes a difference. Anyway, close C-Sync and start over and see what happens. HTH
Bloggin The Crafts Offline
#88 Posted : Saturday, January 14, 2012 4:10:45 PM(UTC)
Bloggin The Crafts

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 17 post(s)
I hate to jinx myself, but after I posted the previous post I thought "maybe I should try another cable"...so I unplugged the Imagine cable and then tried to find another one. Well, I can't find anything else...so, I plugged the Imagine cable back in, but plugged it into a different USB port on my laptop and now it's at 8%...progress...hopefully this is going to work. I was getting frustrated, as I've never had problems updating, other than it sometimes being really slow going.

Hopefully I'm on the right track now.
KatStachowiak1 Offline
#89 Posted : Sunday, January 15, 2012 7:40:28 PM(UTC)
KatStachowiak1

I read all the posts and thank you to many that helped me get to this point. I, like so many that have posted before me; i have had my Imagine for a year. I have had issues off and on with each of the updates in different ways. Eventually it did update. For Christmas this year i got some new cartridges. I sat down yesterday to use them and as soon as I plugged one in the Imagine told me I needed to do a update to use the cartridge. So, the head banging began. I have updated the firmware, i have the latest version on Sync.
I have gotten the imagine content data file 100%, I have gotten the uploading update at 100% and that is where I am stopped. The Imagine says do not power off or disconnect downloading and will restart when completed.......nothing has happened. This has happened to this spot twice....its has taken hours and hours.
Anyone have a suggestion for this stage? I have tied "closing the lid of the Imagine" that helped with the download of the update-thank you whoever mentioned that. I have tried the plug un-plug of the USB cord from the back of the machine, I have tried a different USB port on the computer.
I am stumped on how to get it to finish.....
Thank you in advance,
Kat is Aloha, Oregon
Coah'sNana Offline
#90 Posted : Sunday, January 15, 2012 8:00:51 PM(UTC)
Coah'sNana

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Virgin Islands (U.S.)

Was thanked: 18541 time(s) in 4861 post(s)
Originally Posted by: KatStachowiak1 Go to Quoted Post
I read all the posts and thank you to many that helped me get to this point. I, like so many that have posted before me; i have had my Imagine for a year. I have had issues off and on with each of the updates in different ways. Eventually it did update. For Christmas this year i got some new cartridges. I sat down yesterday to use them and as soon as I plugged one in the Imagine told me I needed to do a update to use the cartridge. So, the head banging began. I have updated the firmware, i have the latest version on Sync.
I have gotten the imagine content data file 100%, I have gotten the uploading update at 100% and that is where I am stopped. The Imagine says do not power off or disconnect downloading and will restart when completed.......nothing has happened. This has happened to this spot twice....its has taken hours and hours.
Anyone have a suggestion for this stage? I have tied "closing the lid of the Imagine" that helped with the download of the update-thank you whoever mentioned that. I have tried the plug un-plug of the USB cord from the back of the machine, I have tried a different USB port on the computer.
I am stumped on how to get it to finish.....
Thank you in advance,
Kat is Aloha, Oregon

Hi Kat, I feel your frustration. The rule of thumb is to try to do the update three times and then move on to the system restore. Many of us have gotten stuck at this point. Mine occured with the 10/26 update. You will have to close C-Sync in order to restart from scratch. Unfortunately, your machine will be left with no content until you can succeed with the update. If unplugging/replugging the usb cannot get you past the point you are at, you are stuck. Double check that your antivirus is not blocking the update, that you are not using a usb hub. Make sure your PC is not going into sleep/idle mode during the update. If you decide to stop sync, I would suggest retrying in the late evening or early morning. If after 3 attempts at this, follow the instructions in the System Restore sticky. Most people get through a system restore fine. Mine got stuck uploading file 2 of 2 and I was determined not to send my machine back. At that point, I stopped C-Sync and went back to the regular update and it worked. Updating this machine is no fun. No one seems to know why some people have trouble and some don't. If you can't get the update OR the system restore to work, then it's time to call support. Good luck and post back to let us know how you make out.