Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

LoriEngle1 Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, November 25, 2011 7:05:32 PM(UTC)
LoriEngle1

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

I have a friend who started her machine and on the Expression logo show on the screen and nothing else. What should I do?z
Mercy Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, November 25, 2011 7:39:35 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2082 time(s) in 1202 post(s)
Click the below link and follow the instructions in post 33 and let us know the outcome.

http://main.cricut.com/c...ssion-2-Intro-Video.aspx
Simoro Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, November 26, 2011 9:11:50 PM(UTC)
Simoro

My fiance got the Expression 2 Anniversary edition and is having a similar issue. It turns on, the machine rolls the bars, the blade carriage slightly wiggles, and then the screen stays on the screen showing the Expression 2 5th Anniversary Edition screen. I tried thr fix found on the other post holding the buttons and turning it on to see the Rainbow colored screen, and then it loads the logo screen again, and nothing. Just stays there. Please help, she was so very excited about this machine and wants to do our wedding invitations on it. Thanks
Mercy Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, November 26, 2011 9:27:49 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Originally Posted by: Simoro Go to Quoted Post
My fiance got the Expression 2 Anniversary edition and is having a similar issue. It turns on, the machine rolls the bars, the blade carriage slightly wiggles, and then the screen stays on the screen showing the Expression 2 5th Anniversary Edition screen. I tried thr fix found on the other post holding the buttons and turning it on to see the Rainbow colored screen, and then it loads the logo screen again, and nothing. Just stays there. Please help, she was so very excited about this machine and wants to do our wedding invitations on it. Thanks

The below instructions was written for the Gypsy but you can use the part for the troubleshooter for the E2. Ignore the part for the Gypsy.

Section 4B

http://main.cricut.com/c...TIPS-FOR-CALLING-PC.aspx
 1 user thanked Mercy for this useful post.
Simoro on 11/26/2011(UTC)
Simoro Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, November 26, 2011 9:38:47 PM(UTC)
Simoro

I attempted to follow the instructions on that thread with connecting the Cricut to the computer using the USB cable, but nothing shows up on the computer that a device was connected. She hasnt even been able to do the initial calibrating or project as outlined in the quick startup guide and the user manual :(

Also (edit) What is this Cricut Sync I keep reading about? Is there an application I need to download? Thanks for the help!

Edited by user Saturday, November 26, 2011 9:53:43 PM(UTC)  | Reason: New info

Mercy Offline
#6 Posted : Saturday, November 26, 2011 10:05:58 PM(UTC)
Mercy

I attempted to follow the instructions on that thread with connecting the Cricut to the computer using the USB cable, but nothing shows up on the computer that a device was connected. She hasnt even been able to do the initial calibrating or project as outlined in the quick startup guide and the user manual :(

Also (edit) What is this Cricut Sync I keep reading about? Is there an application I need to download? Thanks for the help!

Connect the E2 to the computer using the cable that was supplied with the E2. Turn on the E2, and put the cable in another port even if you have to disconnect the printer cable as it must be connected to a 2.0 USB port. Once the computer has recognized the E2, click the below and follow the prompts. Let us know the outcome.

http://www.cricut.com/cricutsync/
 1 user thanked Mercy for this useful post.
Simoro on 11/26/2011(UTC)
Simoro Offline
#7 Posted : Saturday, November 26, 2011 11:20:11 PM(UTC)
Simoro

Got it working! Thanks for all your help! Now all thats left is for my fiance to figure it out (while she isn't tired. Shes sounding pretty grouchy cause the paper keeps coming unstuck off the mat, but after messing with it all day and having it in many different areas the mat is more than likely just dirty and needs to be cleaned. But don't tell her I said that haha :D ) Going to re-run the Sync troubleshooter at a later time cause it never did finish it all the way. Thanks again for the help!
Mercy Offline
#8 Posted : Saturday, November 26, 2011 11:56:19 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Got it working! Thanks for all your help! Now all thats left is for my fiance to figure it out (while she isn't tired. Shes sounding pretty grouchy cause the paper keeps coming unstuck off the mat, but after messing with it all day and having it in many different areas the mat is more than likely just dirty and needs to be cleaned. But don't tell her I said that haha :D ) Going to re-run the Sync troubleshooter at a later time cause it never did finish it all the way. Thanks again for the help!

You're welcome and glad that you have it running! Don't do the troubleshooter as there is no need to do so! She can put masking tape or duct tape to hold the paper down at the edges as I do so all the time!BigGrin Not enough time to clean it!LOL CONGRATULATIONS on the engagement and let us see the invitations after she finishes!BigGrin
silviaminellygomez2ea61d2a Offline
#9 Posted : Thursday, January 03, 2013 1:52:21 PM(UTC)
silviaminellygomez2ea61d2a

Buena tarde, yo temgo una máquina Cricut expression 2, le inserto el cartucho que se llama boys will be boys, y me saca las partes del dinosaurio una mas grande que otra, como puedo arreglarlo??Crying