Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Amby Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2011 8:49:09 AM(UTC)
Amby

Groups: Registered

I recently got the cricut expression 2, I find that I have to do a double cut for regular cardstock to cut clean. Last night, I was trying to cut out letters to put on my christmas cards, I had the size set to the smallest, then the next size up. I tried differnt speeds, pressure, and cutting twice, but it seems to either not cut all the way through the paper, or it just rips my paper. Any suggestions on how to fix this?
Mercy Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2011 1:13:34 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Was thanked: 2082 time(s) in 1202 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Amby Go to Quoted Post
I recently got the cricut expression 2, I find that I have to do a double cut for regular cardstock to cut clean. Last night, I was trying to cut out letters to put on my christmas cards, I had the size set to the smallest, then the next size up. I tried differnt speeds, pressure, and cutting twice, but it seems to either not cut all the way through the paper, or it just rips my paper. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Take the blade out of the housing and blow in it to make sure there is no debris in the housing. If that does now work, if you have a housing from one of the other cricuts, try that one in the E2 to see if that makes a difference. If that does not work, then call pc and let us know the outcome.
CricketCMV Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2011 2:49:13 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 8174 time(s) in 4793 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mercy Go to Quoted Post
Take the blade out of the housing and blow in it to make sure there is no debris in the housing. If that does now work, if you have a housing from one of the other cricuts, try that one in the E2 to see if that makes a difference. If that does not work, then call pc and let us know the outcome.

Mercy - I think it's important everyone know they need to have that blade set in the clamp with the arrow pointing toward where the clamp screws together. (If that's correct; that's how I see that it should be and I'm having good luck with that). I remember when we got our Expressions, they said IT WAS VERY IMPORTANT to have that arrow in the right place when we remove/reinsert the blade/housing.

Is this true or not? Our guide didn't really show where to put it, but it looks to me like (since you can't see it) that's where they're putting it, like the do on the Expression (except, on the E, the arrow/clamp closure faces you). On the MINI, they have that clamp situated to close in a different spot.

Char
Mercy Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2011 5:11:43 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Was thanked: 2082 time(s) in 1202 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CricketCMV Go to Quoted Post
Mercy - I think it's important everyone know they need to have that blade set in the clamp with the arrow pointing toward where the clamp screws together. (If that's correct; that's how I see that it should be and I'm having good luck with that). I remember when we got our Expressions, they said IT WAS VERY IMPORTANT to have that arrow in the right place when we remove/reinsert the blade/housing.

Is this true or not? Our guide didn't really show where to put it, but it looks to me like (since you can't see it) that's where they're putting it, like the do on the Expression (except, on the E, the arrow/clamp closure faces you). On the MINI, they have that clamp situated to close in a different spot.

Char

I am not sure what would happen if we do not place the blade as instructed in the manual but when this came about, Chris did not suggest that as a remedy but I guess anything could happen. Some of the things I posted came from Chris and tech for another member's cutting woes. She most certainly can check to make sure her arrow is pointing in the right direction as it does not hurt to check.

It is true that the E2's manual does not show the closeup of the arrow on the housing but it does say the following:

"Open the left arm of the black cradle and position the cutting blade assembly inside as shown with the black arrow facing you.
Ensure that the cutting blade has been inserted into the assembly with the sharp blade end pointing down. Close the cradle, swing the nut back to the left, and tighten it by turning it clockwise."

On the E2 and my E, if the arrow is facing me, then the silver screw after it is tighten is a little to the left of the black arrow. Then again it depends on the angle that we are looking at the housing but we are pretty close in our placement of the silver screw and the black arrow.Smile
 1 user thanked Mercy for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 11/30/2011(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2011 7:16:12 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

All I know is when I bought my EXPRESSION, it was a BIG point to place that housing in the correct position. We helped countless people with this when everyone was trying to help people having problems with their cuts. Granted, it may not be the same for any other machine and maybe they have determined later that it doesn't matter at all. It is now just a habit with me and I hardly have any problems cutting (except for last night and one or two other times in the past three years--LOL!).

Char
Debbie G Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2011 7:24:15 PM(UTC)
Debbie G

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 32 post(s)
I think for each of my types of card stock I have been using difference configurations of
Speed, Pressure and Depth.

Which usually messes me up is whether I'm standalone, CCR or Gypsy.. I kind of forget to adjust the values. In-fact, in laziness least my blade depth is set to 6 on the housing dial :)
Amby Offline
#7 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2011 9:18:06 PM(UTC)
Amby

I did check to make sure that the blade housing didn't have any paper or anything in it.

The arrow is pointing in my direction, I also have the personal electronic cutter cricut, but I never had any problems cutting with it.

I called customer service, they are sending me a new blade housing. She also said to cut small letters with the slowest speed, which I have tried and it still tears.

Should I be able to cut all the different fonts at .25? or is that just not possible? I'm using the lyrical letters cart and I have tried all 6 different fonts at .25 and .50 and the only one that cuts okay is the Capital font at .50.

Amby
CricketCMV Offline
#8 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2011 9:35:23 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: Amby Go to Quoted Post
I did check to make sure that the blade housing didn't have any paper or anything in it.

The arrow is pointing in my direction, I also have the personal electronic cutter cricut, but I never had any problems cutting with it.

I called customer service, they are sending me a new blade housing. She also said to cut small letters with the slowest speed, which I have tried and it still tears.

Should I be able to cut all the different fonts at .25? or is that just not possible? I'm using the lyrical letters cart and I have tried all 6 different fonts at .25 and .50 and the only one that cuts okay is the Capital font at .50.

Amby

Amby - Do you have any contact paper? I find that contact paper will allow me to cut fonts and intricate things much smaller without too many problems. That's about the only way I can cut 1/2" fonts; not sure I've ever actually tried 1/4". I think I have, actually. OR, try a different paper. Make sure you don't have anything on the mat where you're cuts will be cutting; or try cutting in a different place on the mat, too. Sometimes, we just can't see interference there.

The contact paper might tell you if there's anything wrong with your blade.

Char