Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Christine Sekora Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 04, 2010 9:34:21 AM(UTC)
Christine Sekora

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 96 time(s) in 38 post(s)
Confused I am finding myself to be a little disappointed with the cartridge.

I went to cut the Nativity set last night. There is a high amount of repetitive waste on these images. For baby Jesus you have to cut the rays from the star, head, and blanket 3 times to get your colors. The star rays take up a lot of extra paper too.

There was no Joseph...just Mary, Baby Jesus, 2 Shepherds, 3 wise men, a camel, and donkey I think. So I used one of the Shepherds as Joseph. And it too has a large amount of repetitive paper waste. I think it was 4 colors to be cut and its a very wide cut.

The characters themselves were totally adorable though. Love They are really cute designs!

My own thoughts were that if they would have put less tags and that spot instead put two of the color layers from the main characters into them. I think that would have made it a very functional cartridge. I personally do not make a ton of pages with tags and looking through the galleries of layouts do not see a large amount of pages with them on. So maybe I am totally wrong on that and there are people who love the tag layer.

I just got a Gypsy and have not received it yet. Can you in that program separate the cuts so you do not have to combine them and waste that extra paper?

just tossing my 2 cents worth in BigGrin
mumoftwo Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 06, 2010 5:49:48 PM(UTC)
mumoftwo

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Yes you can! The Gypsy has a hide contour feature which is AWESOME! You do not have to cut out anything you don't want. You could hide the faces and use Peachey Keen Stamps, you could decide you don't want a hat on someone... you get the idea. It save a TON of paper! You will love your Gypsy girl :)
 2 users thanked mumoftwo for this useful post.
Christine Sekora on 11/7/2010(UTC), Shrek1970uk on 11/11/2010(UTC)
Christine Sekora Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, November 07, 2010 9:29:01 PM(UTC)
Christine Sekora

Oh thank you thank you thank you! I finished up the characters tonight and Steve screwed up one piece so I had to go re-cut. It was frustrating to waste more. I have the feeling I am going to LOVE my Gypsy!!! I am trying to start sell at craft shows and on Etsy...so I need to save all the money I can for paper usage...this is going to be an awesome addition then.
Kesta Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, November 14, 2010 1:53:35 AM(UTC)
Kesta

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I have had my gypsy for a couple of months now, and am loving it! I am still learning about the features that I can use. After reading this post, I do have a question, though....How do you specifically hide parts of a design? I recently got this cartridge and can't wait to make a Nativity scene! I am very interested to hear how you made all the characters.

Thanks!
Keirstin
*BJ* Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, November 14, 2010 2:18:30 AM(UTC)
*BJ*

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 356 time(s) in 284 post(s)
KeirstinStansbury wrote:
I have had my gypsy for a couple of months now, and am loving it! I am still learning about the features that I can use. After reading this post, I do have a question, though....How do you specifically hide parts of a design? I recently got this cartridge and can't wait to make a Nativity scene! I am very interested to hear how you made all the characters.

Thanks!
Keirstin

I will try and explain hide contour feature on the gypsy. Select the design you want to work with. There is Basic or Advanced sections on your gypsy. click on Advanced. Then click on the feature that is 2 nested brackets/corners. A window will pop up where you see next button and each time you do that a section will show up on the design in red. Click on the hide feature which will make it grey. you can grey out/hide as many of the given parts of the design as it gives you. Just keep clicking on the next to see what parts will hide for you.
If I have confused you I am sure some one else will explain it better. It is a great function of the gypsy. I love it.
 1 user thanked *BJ* for this useful post.
BlytheSpirit on 12/11/2011(UTC)
Christine Sekora Offline
#6 Posted : Monday, November 15, 2010 12:41:49 PM(UTC)
Christine Sekora

Cool, thank you! I have yet to get through the video or get the additional cartridges downloaded. It was an incredibly busy weekend. I have a card class tonight then I might get to try to learn a little more tomorrow. From what Steve saw on the video and playing around with it he is super hyped about it so I just know we will have a blast.
redrose Offline
#7 Posted : Sunday, December 04, 2011 5:27:00 PM(UTC)
redrose

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 34 post(s)
i have the design studio and you can hide things in it i love mine