Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Annag35 Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 29, 2011 12:53:19 PM(UTC)
Annag35

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Im hoping someone can help me on this. My markers seem to move when they are cutting a figure. For some reason part of my design is not there and then other times it draws a line from one section to the other. What am I doing wrong? I remember this happening before when I tried to use the markers so I gave up on them.
TiffanyHeffelfinger Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 01, 2011 7:56:52 AM(UTC)
TiffanyHeffelfinger

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Do you have your pressure set to where it needs to be for them? I know that was my issue when I first tried to use them. Blushing
♥Carol♥ Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, December 11, 2011 12:35:38 AM(UTC)
♥Carol♥

Was thanked: 2765 time(s) in 2202 post(s)
Please be sure to check both the pressure and the blade depth. If these are set too high, it could cause ...

1) The marker could drag while cutting, causing a jerky motion ... this may result in a wobbly or somewhat wavy line.

2) The marker could drag across the paper as it moves from one cut to another ... causing marks in unwanted places.

3) The marker will leave extra thick/bold lines on your paper, which could bleed on some paper types.

4) It will use more ink from your markers, making it necessary to replace your markers more frequently.

5) It will ruin the tip of the marker, making it necessary to replace your markers more frequently.

You may have to play a bit with the pressure and blade depth settings a bit to find what works best with your machine ... and don't forget, the type of paper and it's thickness may require different settings as well.

One other thought ... using a slow cut setting will cause the marker to stay in one place a bit longer and could increase the amount of bleeding on your paper.