Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

PAMDEK Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 02, 2011 11:25:22 AM(UTC)
PAMDEK

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Hi. I bought a baby bug for a friend who teaches K - 3rd grade.
I want to buy her a few cartridges but not sure what she would use
the most. So I'm asking for help! Thanks, Pam DeK
enolamom Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, July 02, 2011 6:00:13 PM(UTC)
enolamom

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 73 time(s) in 56 post(s)
How very nice of you. For that age, I think I'd start with Everyday Paper Doll and/or Paper Doll Dress Up. Along with the little people, there are lots of other images on the cart for different occupations, holidays, etc. If she's REALLY ambitious (or with your help, haha) she could make one to match each student's personality.

I also love Create a Critter. What young students don't love critters? Plus that cart has lots of extra images (trees, balloons, sun, etc. and also some holiday critters.)

There are several cartridges under the Classmate category that I think would be nice to have. Here is the link.....if I did it correctly. Maybe you could look at the handbooks to see what you think would be most useful for her. http://www.cricut.com/shop/#0/19/0/14/Cricut/

A font cartridge for sure. I've read on here that some teachers prefer certain ones because of the way the letters appear. They wanted them to look like the students are taught to print, which isn't always the case with letters such as lower case a and g.

I'm sure she'll be appreciative of ANY carts you get her. Again, such a thoughtful gift.
 1 user thanked enolamom for this useful post.
PAMDEK on 12/12/2011(UTC)
TeachLiz Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, July 02, 2011 6:47:46 PM(UTC)
TeachLiz

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 81 time(s) in 66 post(s)
Doodlecharms, Plantin SChoolbook, and Recess Lite
 1 user thanked TeachLiz for this useful post.
mhjudge67 Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, July 02, 2011 7:06:49 PM(UTC)
mhjudge67

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 49 post(s)
Locker talk is another good one, anyone with school themes are good. I'm a preschool teacher and I use all my carts. I'm sure she will be doing a lot of extenses with books so any cart you pick up will be good. You are a good friend and I'm sure what ever cart you get her it will work fine.
 1 user thanked mhjudge67 for this useful post.
Teresa Turner Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, July 02, 2011 9:33:11 PM(UTC)
Teresa Turner

United States

Was thanked: 143 time(s) in 114 post(s)
A Child's Year and Nursery Rhymes.
 1 user thanked Teresa Turner for this useful post.
Cricut4theclassroom Offline
#6 Posted : Sunday, July 10, 2011 9:05:59 PM(UTC)
Cricut4theclassroom

Was thanked: 115 time(s) in 57 post(s)
I teach kindergarten and I use doodlecharms, animal kingdom, and locker talk in my classroom more than any of my other cartridges. That is an awesome gift for your friend.
 1 user thanked Cricut4theclassroom for this useful post.
NicoleFarkasdi Offline
#7 Posted : Tuesday, July 12, 2011 12:41:16 AM(UTC)
NicoleFarkasdi

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I love Locker Talk and take a look a the Designers Calendar, it has alot of holidays on their for the kids to learn the months and days on :) She will love whatever you give her I'm sure :)
 1 user thanked NicoleFarkasdi for this useful post.
lauren ferguson Offline
#8 Posted : Thursday, August 18, 2011 9:41:07 AM(UTC)
lauren ferguson

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I would probably look at any of the Classmate Carts.

Clasmate Cartridges Here is a link to a list of them.

Hope that helps.

Lauren
LisasLilBits Offline
#9 Posted : Wednesday, August 31, 2011 6:39:45 AM(UTC)
LisasLilBits

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I'm not a kinder teacher, but... I do a lot of things for the teachers. So far, in the 3 years I've been doing it, Mickey Font is the font of choice. Kids also seem to like all things Disney. Hannah Montana has another clear, rich font.
 1 user thanked LisasLilBits for this useful post.
Clvseeyore Offline
#10 Posted : Thursday, October 06, 2011 7:29:35 AM(UTC)
Clvseeyore

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I do a lot of die cuts for a second grade teacher and I think my favorite for a teacher would be My Community.
 1 user thanked Clvseeyore for this useful post.
CrafteerMisadventures Offline
#11 Posted : Thursday, October 06, 2011 8:24:24 AM(UTC)
CrafteerMisadventures

United States

Was thanked: 528 time(s) in 373 post(s)
I always lend my aunt, who's a kindergarden teacher, my E. And the ones she borrows the most are: the Mickey Font and friends, all the sesame street ones, 50 states, plantin schoolbook, storybook, paper dolls, nursery rhymes and George and basic shapes.

HTH
 1 user thanked CrafteerMisadventures for this useful post.
Kigz Offline
#12 Posted : Friday, October 14, 2011 12:12:23 PM(UTC)
Kigz

Was thanked: 323 time(s) in 205 post(s)
I used to aide in a Kindergarten classroom. We used my Everyday Paper Dolls for the free choice center. It is great for bulletin boards as well. Both the paper dolls would be even better! What an exceptionally thoughtful gift! I wish I had joined the circle much sooner (still waiting on my delivery!) to be able to nominate our school. I would stay away from the fonts until she has a chance to see them and choose one that she likes the best. Cool
 1 user thanked Kigz for this useful post.
bubbles1893 Offline
#13 Posted : Saturday, October 15, 2011 9:23:08 AM(UTC)
bubbles1893

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I teach preaschoolers and I love the Learning Curve font. Basic letters nothing fancy.
 1 user thanked bubbles1893 for this useful post.
Mannzlady Offline
#14 Posted : Saturday, October 15, 2011 9:20:37 PM(UTC)
Mannzlady

Was thanked: 101 time(s) in 69 post(s)
Ocean of Words is great for the older kids.

I have an extra one if you want to buy itBigGrin
 1 user thanked Mannzlady for this useful post.
TulipCollector Offline
#15 Posted : Tuesday, October 25, 2011 8:28:13 AM(UTC)
TulipCollector

United States

Was thanked: 7222 time(s) in 2516 post(s)
Creative Calendar has something for each month. Great for bulletin boards or art projects.
 1 user thanked TulipCollector for this useful post.
CanadaJanice Offline
#16 Posted : Tuesday, October 25, 2011 9:25:50 AM(UTC)
CanadaJanice

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 66 post(s)
I concur with the Paper Dolls suggestions. With all of the accessories, pretty much every possible theme is covered.
 1 user thanked CanadaJanice for this useful post.
stephanierezar Offline
#17 Posted : Sunday, December 11, 2011 9:14:26 AM(UTC)
stephanierezar

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I have worked in daycare with all age groups and now work in a Kindergarten classroom. I use most:

Classmates-speaking of fall, school, and school to make interesting large letters and these words as the letters have theme shaped as part if them.

Classmates for basic font or children to trace or practice letter formation:  Learning Curve
Printing 101 is good too buy it has some curved corners on letters that do not follow the letter shapes that the children are taught.cool extras on cartridges -you can make puzzle pieces with the letters in the middle- children can make new words and their names from the pieces- both can make scrabble pieces out the shapes with the points on the bottom corner. Printing 101 shows the steps and numbers on how to make  the letter.

Classmates: Word Builders 1 A Word Party, Word Builder 2 A Garden of Words, Word Builder 3 An Ocean of Words- all are so useful
Each make theme shapes of partial words that children can us to make and try new words. The shapes are train cars, Ice cream cones, balloons, castles, clouds, surfboards, fish, flowerpots, birdhouses, and caterpillars. Besides making words the cartridges each have accessories for the themes to help decorate further the area or activity.

50 states- makes each state of us and can make a puzzle. I have used it for the 50 birds and flowers the cartridge has on it as. The cartridge has the flower, bird, flag, capital, and state shape per state.

Printing 101,My Community, My World,Learning Curve -Room Decorations
My Community makes shapes for strytime, recess, lunch time, art/painting , pencils, look, clock, clean up time, snack time, listen, show and tell, stop- to use for the visual schedule for the children 
-also has hands and feet prints, award shape, door hanger, game spinner, book
Fairytale characters- gingerbread man, grandpa, little old woman shoe, big bad wolf, log cabin, 3 liitle bears, goldilocks, porridge bowl, chairs, Jack and the beanstock, family members, car, dog, turkey, house, fence, road, train tracks, mail box, cars, trucks, school bus,  various town building shapes, community Helpers ex police person

Printing 101 had room and schedule shapes too- helper hand, homework, classwork, girls and boys sign, in box, out box, schedule, student of the week, and a hall pass

My World - has a diverse group of shapes
School building, old telephone and record player, sail boat, old cars, train cars, fence, train tracks, cell phone, iPod, house, boat, planes, bridges, telescope, flags,  historical items, farms, fruit, shopping cart, animals, international landmarks

Learning Curve- awards and ribbon shapes, bright idea light bulbs, star student, brilliant award shape, well done shape,  great job check mark, love to learn shape, 100% apple, learning to progress sign, excellent arrow, hand helper shape

Character shapes that the children know draws their attention. I use Cars, Spongebob,  Toy Story, Mickey Mouse and and Disney ones basically, Hello Kitty, Winnie the Pooh, Disney Princesses, Superman, Batman,  Pixar characters, Hanah Montanta
Most used are: Cars- for it's characters, and road signs -stop, speed limit, one way.
Hannah Montana- Hanah, music note in staff font, music notes and shapes
Best of Pixar- fish and sea cartoon shapes and ants
Disney classics, Dreams come true, Happily Ever After, Tinkerbell and friends - fairytale theme shapes

Spongebob- great for showing different emotions character shapes

Batman- Birthday Banner, great 3G shapes for dramatic play 

Superman- planets, train, new paper, shooting stars, 3D objects - birthday  sign, hat, glasses, door sign

Hello Kitty Font-great font 
Hello Kitty Greetings -Great for theme shapes and words -seasonal shapes-Halloween, winter, Christmas

Mickey Font- great font and head shaped for Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Goofy, Donald, Daisy and a few character sayings

Mickey and Friends-multiple different full body  and name shaped for Mickey, Pluto, Minnie, Goofy, Donald, Daisy,  and more just head shapes, a full size Chip and Dale, character home shapes, car, boat, key character sayings

Pooh Font Set-Great Fonts and baby shapes of Pooh, Tigger, Piglet, and Eeyore.

Pooh and friends- multiple full body and head shapes of Pooh, Tigger, Piglet, Eeyore - name shapes-and additional friends - purple elephant, owl, rabbit, ground hog, Roo, and Mama Kanga
-accessories hundred acre woods sign, tree, wood log, bridge, honey bee hive, hunny pot, cute picture frames

Sesame street font- great font and head shapes of Big Bird, Cookie Monster, Elmo, -font can incorporate the character in the number or letter
-cab make character shapes- square, circle , triangle etc. -cute Elmo reading shape

Sesame Street Friends- Sesame Strret sign, full body shapes of Elmo, Abby Caddaby, Cookie Monster, Big Bird, Snufalufagus, Bert, Ernie, Oscar the Grouch, Grover, Count,  Telly Monster, Baby Bear, Rosita, Prarue Dawn, Zoe, and accessories cookie jar, cookie, Mimi, rubber duckie, prince frog, Bernice the pigeon, David bear, Dorothy fish, Radar bear, slimy worm

Sesame Street Seasons- makes flash cards, a puzzle, seasonal signs, 3d objects-backpack, stand up picture frame, flash card box, mobile, 3d cloud,3d pumpkin,  3D sun, 3D snowman 
Seasonal character shapes for each season -with Elmo, Big Bird, Cookie Monster, Zoe, Abby, Ernie, Bert, Grover, Oscar
Words to go with shapes in English and Spanish 

Elmo's Party
Great font
From Elmo's World tv show
Looks hand drawn
Cute
Head and full body shapes of Elmo
And Dorothy his fish
Shapes of professor , birthday cake, birthday cake slice, cupcake, candles, party hats, balloons, streamers, presents, musical notes, musical horns-all with cartoon eyes on them
3D objects- birthday card, envelope, Thank you card, party hat, birthday banner hanging sign, birthday table sign, Elmo straw decoration, Elmo box, treat box, cupcake wrapper, Elmo door hanger, birthday crown, birthday boy or girl badge, Elmo table place markers

Last I have most of the holiday related cartridges as they help in making crafts with the children- stencils, collages, and more.There is too many to list each one.

1 user thanked stephanierezar for this useful post.
Soshescraps Offline
#18 Posted : Sunday, December 11, 2011 10:27:33 AM(UTC)
Soshescraps

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1105 time(s) in 875 post(s)
I love love love Nate's ABC and Kate's ABC! They are awesome!! I am sure she would love them both!! Great fonts & Images!

Sharondalyn
 1 user thanked Soshescraps for this useful post.