Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

rombie925f4c9297 Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 29, 2011 7:36:09 PM(UTC)
rombie925f4c9297

Groups: Registered

I just got the cricut imagine for Christmas, and i am truly confused... It came with Snapshot:Nature color and pattern cartridge and the hopscotch color and pattern cartridge, unfortunately i cannot get either to work. I plug them into my machine and it says there is an update on the cartridge, so i click yes to download but after that nothing happens.... I cannot figure out how to get them to work... Any suggestions? Also If i want to cut something that is in color but i only want it to cut the shape not print the color how do i do that??
Thanks so much to anyone who can help!!

Steph W.Crying
Soshescraps Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, December 30, 2011 4:34:54 AM(UTC)
Soshescraps

United States

Was thanked: 1112 time(s) in 881 post(s)
I am not sure if I can help you but I will try, did you update your machine using the cricut sync software? I know that you can update your machine using the imagine more cartridge that came with the machine too. Sometimes you will have to try using different cartridges to update your machine. Have you read the sticky notes listed under the imagine machine forums? There are several ways of getting your machine updated and working properly. If all else fails you can always try contacting PC for trouble shooting advice. Sorry if I am not much help.

If you only want to cut the shape and not the color I think you just don't flood fill the image with color but I am not 100% sure because I have not attempted this yet. I read that advice on another forum. I am able to cut just shapes using regular cricut cartridges but I am not sure how that works using imagine cartridges.

Sharondalyn
rombie925f4c9297 Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 01, 2012 2:42:15 PM(UTC)
rombie925f4c9297

Thanks so much! so how do you do the sync update?? Does the software come with the cricut or is it online?? I put the update from the imagine more but the cartridges still are not working :(
No thank you so much that was very helpful!!
Heff76 Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, January 02, 2012 4:39:17 PM(UTC)
Heff76

United States

I got my Cricut Imagine for Christmas and have been having the same issue as you, but I just figured out the solution, so I'll post what I learned just in case you haven't figured it out yet.

You have to plug the white cord that came with your Cricut into the back of the unit and a computer. Then go to www.cricut.com/cricutsync and follow the download directions there. This will update your Cricut and you will then be able to use the Hopscotch and Nature cartridges.

As for printing the outline of an image without color, if you click on the image you want, you will see a "pencil" on the top left corner of that image. Click on that. You can then click on each aspect of the image and, as you do so, click on the white square with a red slash through it. This will eliminate all color from the image. I haven't yet printed one of these out, but as far as I can tell, it should work. If it doesn't, someone please let me know so I can edit this post.

I hope that helps! BigGrin

~Heather